Forums > Rooster Teeth GLBTQ Community

GLBTQ and Gaming

Posts (12)

• captaineri

captaineri

#30833172 - 9 years ago

I assuming that since we're all members on this website that we're all gamers, either casually or hardcore. Something I've noticed about the gaming community as a whole is that there is a lot of queer bashing, either with "you're gay" thrown around casually or some of the more serious and ignorant trans bashing.

So, how do you feel about it being a queer gamer? Do you actively try to correct people when they make such statements or do you ignore it?

• Swimmer117

Swimmer117

#30833173 - 9 years ago

i kinda ignore it. Although i am an ally, i find it offensive

• JumpGuy

JumpGuy FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#30833174 - 9 years ago

Anytime someone calls me gay or makes a comment referring to me being gay I just say "Only 50% of the time. smiley8.gif "

Post edited 4/04/10 6:27PM

• akwila

akwila

#30833175 - 9 years ago

Anytime I'm called gay in a game I usually retort with "why yes and judging by your interest i suppose you would like a demonstration?"

• captaineri

captaineri

#30833176 - 9 years ago

In reply to akwila, #4:

Nice.

• ArmoredAngel

ArmoredAngel

#30833177 - 9 years ago

If I'm playing on a game that has voice chat they mostly just ask for pics to which I usually say something along the lines of "Go fuck yourself"
    But If I'm playing a game were you communicate through text chat and someone calls me gay I usually reply with "You have no idea" and then pwn them in any way that's convenient.

Coincidently, andytime me and my friends are playing games I usually named my character Armored Angel

• Kodakwhack

Kodakwhack

#30833178 - 9 years ago

I've noticed that, if i play MW2 anywhere past about 10 o'clock at night with my clan tag: gay or (even sometimes) LGBT i end up getting a hell of a lot of abuse wherever i go. I know i'm kind of bringing on myself so i ignore it as much as i can but i should be able to have my clan tag as gay or LGBT without having abuse hailed at me.

Usually, though my best retort to someone saying "you're a faggot" is that i'm still getting getting more sex than you ever will. That shuts up alot of annoying people online.

• captaineri

captaineri

#30833179 - 9 years ago

In reply to ArmoredAngel, #6:

I hate the whole concept of non-straight women being novelties.

• ArmoredAngel

ArmoredAngel

#30833180 - 9 years ago

In reply to captaineri, #8:

No kidding. I get at least one request a day for pics. Usually from guys I know. Isend them a pick of me flipping them off with an attached note that says "Hot enouhg for ya?"
    That's happened so often I have the message saved on my phone so I can just forward it

• akwila

akwila

#30833181 - 9 years ago

In reply to ArmoredAngel, #9:

PICKZ OR IT DIDNT HAPPENZ

I've been propositioned for pictures once by a female gamer. It had awkward scribbled all over that mess.

• dachshundman

dachshundman

#30833182 - 9 years ago

seroiusly i dont fucking care if someone is gay bash. all i say is so what. or if they are a guy i hit on them. they usually shut up fast.

• Vrakanas

Vrakanas

#30833183 - 9 years ago

well, that sure sounds like it would work