Forums > Rooster Teeth GLBTQ Community

What was it like falling in love?

Posts (8)

• Kodakwhack

Kodakwhack

#30942030 - 9 years ago

I want to know, i want anyone who reads this to post every little detail about when they first fell in love. How old were you, with who'm, was he/she the one? Are you still with them? How did it make you feel? What was it about them that you love/loved? Anything that comes to mind. Love is a wonderful, often painful, thing and i want to share everyone's own experience of it. So, please take some time and spill your heart out and marvel at the juicy mess of blood, chemicals, sex, valves, joy and despair that only love can make.

• akwila

akwila

#30942031 - 9 years ago

Well...love is a lot like riding a bike, you can't be told how to do it, but you will fall a few times trying to learn. (Yes old idiom but still the best).

I'm still young (20) so I don't claim to be an expert or experience in the way of love even if the words have escaped my lips more than once.

The first time I was in love was my 3rd boyfriend. He had goals, I had goals, we were both working hard for those goals but we could still be intimate and act like total retards and have an intense debate on any topic but end it without a fight...all within a single day. That's how most of our days went for a year. It was strange really. When he wasn't around my arms ached to have him in them, I never slept well at night when he wasn't around, and I was always ready to run to him at a moment's notice if I had to. He was a lot taller and physically stronger than I was but I always felt like it was my job to protect him... anytime he needed me, I was there in 10min, when I lived 30min away. Then it all ended very abruptly and it really did break my heart, and that term is used so loosely nowadays but it really did feel like something inside me was broken. For years after that I never even could look at any man the same. It was odd really it wasn't that I was afraid of having my heart broken again or even that I was angry at men in general but I learned that even things like love can be a real mess and that if people haven't experienced it yet they are ill equipped to deal with it once its gone. Well not to sound like a downer but I thinks that's true. Though its a great strength later when you end up finding the love you were meant to have.

• akwila

akwila

#30942032 - 9 years ago

Well...love is a lot like riding a bike, you can't be told how to do it, but you will fall a few times trying to learn. (Yes old idiom but still the best).

I'm still young (20) so I don't claim to be an expert or experience in the way of love even if the words have escaped my lips more than once.

The first time I was in love was my 3rd boyfriend. He had goals, I had goals, we were both working hard for those goals but we could still be intimate and act like total retards and have an intense debate on any topic but end it without a fight...all within a single day. That's how most of our days went for a year. It was strange really. When he wasn't around my arms ached to have him in them, I never slept well at night when he wasn't around, and I was always ready to run to him at a moment's notice if I had to. He was a lot taller and physically stronger than I was but I always felt like it was my job to protect him... anytime he needed me, I was there in 10min, when I lived 30min away. Then it all ended very abruptly and it really did break my heart, and that term is used so loosely nowadays but it really did feel like something inside me was broken. For years after that I never even could look at any man the same. It was odd really it wasn't that I was afraid of having my heart broken again or even that I was angry at men in general but I learned that even things like love can be a real mess and that if people haven't experienced it yet they are ill equipped to deal with it once its gone. Well not to sound like a downer but I thinks that's true. Though its a great strength later when you end up finding the love you were meant to have.

• akwila

akwila

#30942033 - 9 years ago

Oops sorry!

X_X

• Kodakwhack

Kodakwhack

#30942034 - 9 years ago

In reply to akwila, #4:

i'm not sure what i can say to that, it's heartbreaking to read and i can only wish that you somehow gain something from such a terrible loss. I know it's hard to lose someone but i couldn't imagine the pain you must of felt.

Thank you for sharing, i know it must be hard to post something like that.

• Vrakanas

Vrakanas

#30942035 - 9 years ago

Well, I was 18, this was last june.
    I had just graduated highschool and I fell for someone, over the next few months we became inseperable. I proposed to him and we are gonna get married when he graduates. it was great. and then we had a falling out around christmas, but after about a 2 week separation we realized we still loved each other. but in the meantime I had already started dating someone else, and I thought it unfair to just get rid of them. So...
    ...I stayed with them both, and they were aware of each other. Then others showed(god help me) and I started dating them too.
    [fast forward to now]
    I now am engaged to 2 people, and am dating another 3. I love them all so much, and I would probably die if something happened to them.
    Life is good, i just moved up here with my eldest fiancee, oddly enough about 30 minutes from the other, and I' m finally happy.

• Vrakanas

Vrakanas

#30942036 - 9 years ago

Oh, and me and my first fiancee's aniversary is tuesday the 15th

• Kodakwhack

Kodakwhack

#30942037 - 9 years ago

wow...that's something