Forums > Rooster Teeth Podcast

Drunk Tank Award for best trailer

Posts (14)

• Nightrise1

Nightrise1

#14076171 - 9 years ago

i liked the we are ODST trailer but i have just seen this
    im not saying it should have won but it should have been on the shortlist for the award

• Gmz1023

Gmz1023

#14076172 - 9 years ago

In reply to Nightrise1, #1:

thats pretty impressive.

• Sinstar4

Sinstar4 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14076173 - 9 years ago

That's pretty good damn impressive. While it was a very good trailer I still believe that 'We are ODST" is better because it looked like a movie trailer.

• LGGP

LGGP

#14076174 - 9 years ago

Awesome, I think that it was a good trailer production wise, but it wouldn't convince me to buy the game because it showed nothing about what the game-play would be like, but all in all, it was a well made trailer.

• Nightrise1

Nightrise1

#14076175 - 9 years ago

yeah we are ODST was epic it just suprised me that that wasn't put forward

• iamjohngalt

iamjohngalt FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14076176 - 9 years ago

In reply to LGGP, #4:

Awesome, I think that it was a good trailer production wise, but it wouldn't convince me to buy the game because it showed nothing about what the game-play would be like, but all in all, it was a well made trailer.

This sums up how I feel too.

I bet most people who would have voted Dragon's Age hadn't even finished it yet.

• gus

gus FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Elite Staff

#14076177 - 9 years ago

That was much cooler than the game I played...

• Nightrise1

Nightrise1

#14076178 - 9 years ago

In reply to gus, #7:

i feel the the same way

• McAwesomest

McAwesomest

#14076179 - 9 years ago

Does anyone else notice that every game trailer looks better than the actual game? A lot of games look like shit, but their trailers look gorgeous. Am I crazy or do other people notice it?

• hecroaked

hecroaked

#14076180 - 9 years ago

In reply to McAwesomest, #9:

Because trailers are often pre-rendered, allowing extra polish that isn't possible with game play footage. And even with game play footage, the developer is able to pick and choose the best shots so they can push you to buy the game. It's intentional.

• JIMtheSAINT

JIMtheSAINT

#14076181 - 9 years ago

iv seen a few gameplay shots.....it doen't look tht gd. but on the other hand i did enjoy elder scrolls IV Oblivian :S

• Schuman4

Schuman4

#14076182 - 9 years ago

That was pretty fuckin impressive badass. But Dragon Age isn't to much like that. If it were it'd be awesome!

• Quatters

Quatters

#14076183 - 9 years ago

I didn't get what they were talking about with the Star Wars: The Old Republic trailer. It was OK, but not nearly as awesome as the ODST commercial was.

In fact, I think I'm going to go watch it right now. Live Action FTW.

I would also like to point out that the Landfall Commercial were so badass that my computer decided to stop working after I saw them. So badass.

• bowser956

bowser956

#14076184 - 9 years ago

In reply to JIMtheSAINT, #11:

I don't understand the point of this statement i mean they are different developers.