Forums > Rooster Teeth Podcast

Just a thought. Drunktank - Radio Show?

Posts (24)

• IXzander

IXzander FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14083724 - 10 years ago

When I listened to the podcast where the guy happened to call in at the beginning of the recording, it gave me an idea. Why not do something like RT Live, except make it like a radio show. So, it would be a live podcast, and a special number (phone or texting) could be put up so that listeners could call in with their praise/opinions for the roosterteeth staff! this could become one of the easiest ways for the common roosterteeth forum member to get his/her opinion expressed, directly to the top!

Just a thought.

• trogdor223

trogdor223

#14083725 - 10 years ago

In reply to abamfyes, #1:

That is a great Idea! It would be another step towards RT dominating the entertainment network!

• usernameXD

usernameXD

#14083726 - 10 years ago

perfect

• Jimbo12

Jimbo12

#14083727 - 10 years ago

You pressed your awesome button didn't you?

• screenaholic

screenaholic

#14083729 - 10 years ago

Fuck yeah.

• thaskizz

thaskizz

#14083731 - 10 years ago

I really like this idea that you are putting forward.

• Drawed

Drawed

#14083732 - 10 years ago

That would be incredibly awesome.

• retaxus

retaxus

#14083733 - 10 years ago

It would be awesome, only it would have to be online so everyone could listen! But it would also still have to be recorded, since not everyone is in the same time zone and I would hate to miss it!

• IXzander

IXzander FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14083734 - 10 years ago

In reply to retaxus, #9:

Good point. However, I think that the time zone issue would just mean that the podcast recordings would have to take place at a time when everybody could be up and able.

• Sindre1

Sindre1

#14083735 - 10 years ago

I agree with retaxus.

They should put in some music too, make it longer. I like they're taste.

• 13islucky

13islucky FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14083736 - 10 years ago

Though they could cause alot of people to be calling in at one time. They could maybe hold a raffle type thing, and those people get to call in, or ask questions or anything

• IXzander

#14083737 - 10 years ago

In reply to 13islucky, #12:

I actually like that idea, like people could submit their username and they could draw it from a hat or something. Then they would have to figure out how to #1. stop people who were not chosen from calling in or #2. have the number sent to the person who was picked so they could then call. People would have to be respectful and only call when it was their turn to call otherwise some jerk would just keep calling over and over which would ruin the fun for everyone else.

• biohunter

biohunter

#14083738 - 10 years ago

Totally agree, seems like a natural transition.

• otherJeff

otherJeff

#14083739 - 10 years ago

This is a cool idea and sounds like a lot of fun. But we gotta remember how much the RT staff does. It's amazing how much they put out. The shorts, the machinima, AH, comic......it's a ton without the podcast.
    I think it's be really cool to do a live show on a site like ustream with live call ins, but maybe like one a month or something. Or when there's something special like the Star Trek premier or a new game coming out. I'm still thrilled to see it on iTunes and this group. Anything else is awesome

• screenaholic

screenaholic

#14083740 - 10 years ago

I'm sure that every fan would love that, but none of the staff would want to do it.

• cak100

cak100 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14083741 - 10 years ago

I don't agree with the majority of these posts... (oops) we listen to this podcast not to see what fans have to say, thats what this community site is for. also like people before me have said it would take more time our of the busy RT staff, I think it would be better if people sent in pre recored segments and the RT team could gather them and use the ones that are good. they can always make a chat room or something but i don't think it should be the focus.

• IXzander

#14083742 - 10 years ago

In reply to cak100, #17:

Thanks for your opinion. It is important to consider both the pros and the cons when thinking about new stuff for the site.

• bigboss12085

bigboss12085

#14083743 - 10 years ago

In reply to abamfyes, #10:

are you serious? I don't think there is any time of day where everyone in the world would be awake lol.

• bigboss12085

bigboss12085

#14083744 - 10 years ago

In reply to cak100, #17:

well yeah, you're right but it doesnt have to be something they do all the time. they could definitely do a RT Live thing sometimes though, and instead of people calling in just get them to twitter anything they might have to say. the guys don't have to respond to all of it, just sit there talking and watch the feed and if someone says something interesting then they could start talking about that. maybe they could do this once a month and record it instead of that weeks podcast.

• halfnut

halfnut

#14083745 - 10 years ago

Put that shit on the to do list

• gregthebunny

gregthebunny

#14083746 - 10 years ago

It kinda already sounds like talk radio without the calls. Well, besides the one at any rate

• deoking

deoking

#14083747 - 9 years ago

are people aloud to bump posts? or am i bringing this topic back for no reason ;S

• hecroaked

hecroaked

#14083748 - 9 years ago

While a cool idea, it's not one that would work. If any of you have listened to Late Night JengaJam, they do this, but they also have a bunch of technical issues and such. It's entertaining and frustrating to listen to at the same time. Plus, I'm sure all that would happen is you would get an angry Gus the entire time. It maybe cool to listen to him go off on Gavino or Jack, but I'm sure it's not enjoyable if he's yelling at you.

• deoking

deoking

#14083749 - 9 years ago

Yea reminds me of when Gus yelled at Jack on the Pax podcast , i was seriously scared that time, ok sorry Gus.Dont hurt me :[