Forums > Rooster Teeth Podcast

Rockband 3

Posts (23)

• electrickworry

electrickworry FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold catch phrase

#14071490 - 9 years ago

Not sure if it has been posted yet somewhere but heres the dillio on it

gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2010/06/11/rock-band-3-pro-guitar-box-art-and-pricing-revealed.aspx

and as you can see its a keytar

• DeathRattle7

DeathRattle7

#14071491 - 9 years ago

KEYTAR FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Aztag09

Aztag09 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14071492 - 9 years ago

question is: will you play it like a keytar or like a keyboard?

• peyjwun

peyjwun

#14071493 - 9 years ago

Mad Catz is now completely taking over peripheral duties from Harmonix and MTV Games.

No thank you.

• peyjwun

peyjwun

#14071494 - 9 years ago

Also I didn't see it on there, but this is the soundtrack released so far:

"Been Caught Stealing" Jane's Addiction 1990s
    "Bohemian Rhapsody" Queen 1970s
    "Break On Through (To the Other Side)" The Doors 1960s
    "Combat Baby" Metric 2000s
    "Crazy Train" Ozzy Osbourne 1980s
    "Crosstown Traffic" The Jimi Hendrix Experience 1960s
    "Dead End Friends" Them Crooked Vultures 2000s
    "Get Free" The Vines 2000s
    "Here I Go Again" Whitesnake 1980s
    "I Love Rock 'n' Roll" Joan Jett and the Blackhearts 1980s
    "In the Meantime" Spacehog 1990s
    "Just Like Heaven" The Cure 1980s
    "Lasso" Phoenix 2000s
    "Me Enamora" Juanes 2000s
    "Oh My God" Ida Maria 2000s
    "Plush" Stone Temple Pilots 1990s
    "Portions for Foxes" Rilo Kiley 2000s
    "Rainbow in the Dark" Dio 1980s
    "Sister Christian" Night Ranger 1980s
    "The Hardest Button to Button" The White Stripes 2000s
    "The Power of Love" Huey Lewis and the News 1980s
    "Walkin' on the Sun" Smash Mouth 1990s

Oh and trailer!

• electrickworry

electrickworry FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold catch phrase

#14071495 - 9 years ago

In reply to Aztag09, #3:

question is: will you play it like a keytar or like a keyboard?

keyboard cause i can see myself laying my lazy ass down and putting it in my lap to play lol IF i get it

• Aztag09

Aztag09 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14071496 - 9 years ago

In reply to bladebattle, #6:

pretty much what I was going to do.

• profesorkaos

profesorkaos FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14071497 - 9 years ago

In reply to Aztag09, #3:

keyboard, because playing it as a keytar would be almost the same as playing the guitar....

• iamjohngalt

iamjohngalt FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14071498 - 9 years ago

In reply to profesorkaos, #8:

In reply to Aztag09, #3:

keyboard, because playing it as a keytar would be almost the same as playing the guitar....

Well you know guitar hero and rock band aren't known for giving you more of the same. lol

• peyjwun

peyjwun

#14071499 - 9 years ago

In reply to iamjohngalt, #9:

Rock Band is looking to be the most radical step forward for the music genre in games and possibly in music altogether. The "Pro Mode" is not only adding an all new difficulty and layer of gameplay, but I can already see this teaching all those RB and GH aficionados at the least the basics in playing an instrument. These games have come to be known for their over saturation of the video game market, but the steps that Harmonix is taking to not only stay on top but also ahead of the game is revolutionary.

• Newbs

Newbs FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold PM

#14071500 - 9 years ago

You mean Guitar Hero ran by the devil corporation is known for giving you more of the same. Harmonix actually looks forward and doesn't make a monthly release of the same system with a new mode that is easily forgotten within weeks of playing. Harmonix knows that people hate buying songs over and over again and that is why they allow you to have the previous games and DLC available when the newest game comes out.

Ranting aside...Fuck Activision

• Aeshir_

Aeshir_

#14071501 - 9 years ago

In reply to Newbs28, #11:

AREN'T YOU EXCITED FOR DJ HERO 2?!!? THE GAME THAT DIDN'T SELL SHIT IN 2009 IS BACK!

• electrickworry

#14071502 - 9 years ago

In reply to Aeshir_, #12:

i have never played Dj hero and probably never will

• Aeshir_

Aeshir_

#14071503 - 9 years ago

In reply to bladebattle, #13:

It's apparently pretty good, but it didn't sell very well. And Activision even said they would be scaling back their Hero releases because the milked the FUCK out that market already with all that On Tour/Aerosmith/Metallicar/Band Hero bullshit.

THEY LIED.

• peyjwun

peyjwun

#14071504 - 9 years ago

In reply to Aeshir_, #14:

Activision said they are only releasing one Guitar Hero and one DJ Hero game a year, so far this is true the only ones upcoming games are Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock and DJ Hero 2. These games are probably extremely easy to make, it makes sense that they are able to push one out every month. Rock Band 3. on the other hand, is the second Rock Band out this year though.

• Aeshir_

Aeshir_

#14071505 - 9 years ago

In reply to peyjwun, #15:

Still too many! People don't care about the genre anymore because they ran it into the ground by oversaturating the market. FUCK 'EM!

• iamjohngalt

iamjohngalt FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14071506 - 9 years ago

In reply to Newbs28, #11:

You mean Guitar Hero ran by the devil corporation is known for giving you more of the same. Harmonix actually looks forward and doesn't make a monthly release of the same system with a new mode that is easily forgotten within weeks of playing. Harmonix knows that people hate buying songs over and over again and that is why they allow you to have the previous games and DLC available when the newest game comes out.

Ranting aside...Fuck Activision

It was more of a joke for sure but even still perception IS reality and the dollar doesn't travel as hard with this genre as it used to. Rock Band or Guitar Hero it doesn't matter anymore. They're both losing sells because their audience is split up over what to buy between the two AND they're not sure which one to get out of all of them. Just my opinion of course.

• peyjwun

peyjwun

#14071507 - 9 years ago

In reply to Aeshir_, #16:

People who actually play these games care about them. I've played every single GH and RB game out there, except Green Day, since GH1 on the PS2, I own all but 3 or 4 of the games and I always anticipate the next one. I don't expect innovation in the next game, although it is welcomed, (my favorite of all of the games is still GH2), most of the more advanced GH and RB players look for two things in the upcoming games: soundtrack and difficulty, and most of them will only play the guitar. I love music and the thing that keeps me coming back to the games is just that. The thing is each song purchased digitally costs $2 a pop, each game that comes out ships with roughly 50 - 80+ songs, the game costs $60, do the math. Buying a game at the store costs less than purchasing the songs independently. the fact of the matter is when a new game comes out it is a service to players who actually play them, and the band games (Metallica, Green Day, Beatles, etc.) are a service to players who love those bands. The people who tend to complain about these games over saturating the market, are the same people who troll GH/RB players on YouTube "challenging" them to play a real instrument (BTW I've been playing actual drums for roughly 4 years, just sayin'). Yes, there are a lot of these games out there but if you don't want to play them, simply don't play them.

• Aeshir_

Aeshir_

#14071508 - 9 years ago

In reply to peyjwun, #18:

In reply to Aeshir_, #16:

People who actually play these games care about them. I've played every single GH and RB game out there, except Green Day, since GH1 on the PS2, I own all but 3 or 4 of the games and I always anticipate the next one. I don't expect innovation in the next game, although it is welcomed, (my favorite of all of the games is still GH2),

You are in the minority.

The fact is that that music games don't sell near as well as they used to.

• DarthLurtz

DarthLurtz

#14071510 - 9 years ago

In reply to 40kfreak, #20:

So they still havn't licensed stairway to heaven? :(

Jimmy Page has stated that they will never licence their songs for music rhythm games. His explanation is that it their songs would be too difficult, and suggests buying a cheap real guitar and learning to play that.
    www.starpulse.com/news/index.php/2009/07/20/jimmy_page_explains_why_led_zeppelin_won

• hecroaked

hecroaked

#14071511 - 9 years ago

In reply to DarthLurtz, #21:

Jimmy Page FTW!

Also, I bought Guitar Hero 3, but I never touch it now because I feel way cooler just playing guitar (I'm also a drummer)

• DarthLurtz

DarthLurtz

#14071513 - 9 years ago

Almost wrote a touchy response, then I realized you wrote defiantly, not definitely. OK then.

• Aeshir_

Aeshir_

#14071515 - 9 years ago

In reply to DarthLurtz, #21:

TWO WORDS:

FIRE, FLAMES.

Add a "through" or "the" if you're feeling up to the challenge.