Forums > Rooster Teeth Podcast

A monument to your sins

Posts (20)

• sherwood784

sherwood784

#14179190 - 8 years ago

so... how long did it take you to get it?
    i got it on day two of my reach experience. did you do better?

you probably did, that game's an awesome asshole.

• Alyran209

Alyran209

#14179209 - 8 years ago

I still haven't actually gotten it. I don't want to end up hating the campaign so I'm taking it real slow.

• CaptFisher

CaptFisher

#14179443 - 8 years ago

Five days, but I was interrupted by WoW, my job as a reporter, and Reach multiplayer/Forge.

• yoreAtowel

yoreAtowel

#14179459 - 8 years ago

First i beat it on normal. I always do that with any game, so i know what to expect and really know the controls, what works what doesn't ect. But i started on sunday and finished today. However all i had to do today was deliver cortana to Keyes and get on the huge cannon. That itself took me an hour half to do. Its infuriating how difficult some parts are.

• Squeaky_Guy

Squeaky_Guy

#14179823 - 8 years ago

In reply to yoreAtowel, #4:

ProTip for the battle at the end of Pillar of Autumn:

Don't get in the MAC gun till the carrier is in range. The Phantoms will pile up on you but you'll have time for one shot before they kill you.

• Tudor

Tudor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RTUK Fireteam

#14179920 - 8 years ago

In reply to Squeaky_Guy, #5:

Indeed a ProTip there.
    All in all it probably took me about a day, but I played in short bursts and quit whenever I was getting really annoyed so I didn't rage on my controller.
    Was a heck of a challenge though, gotta thank Bungie for that.

• rekon59

rekon59

#14179953 - 8 years ago

In reply to Squeaky_Guy, #5:

Really? I was able to wipe them out just as easily then as I did on normal.

• Squeaky_Guy

Squeaky_Guy

#14179997 - 8 years ago

In reply to rekon59, #7:

But did you have to fight a fuel-rod zealot every time you re-spawned before you could get to the cannon, and have half heath?

Yeah, my checkpoint kinda sucked. I tried the cannon bit the regular way once, died, then just hid from the phantoms.

• sherwood784

sherwood784

#14180074 - 8 years ago

i hid under the stairs, got a checkpoint, and quited. after i did that i went back and waited for the "okay shoot that mofo" and "blew the fuck outta that shit" strangely i unlocked carter's helmet

• yoreAtowel

yoreAtowel

#14180250 - 8 years ago

In reply to sherwood784, #9:

i Think you get carters helmet when u beat a legendary mission w/out dying. I did the same thing you did, played half or the very end of a mission, got a checkpoint and saved. The next day i finished it and got the award. A little loophole thats nice to know about.

• Xephos13

Xephos13 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#14180382 - 8 years ago

The phantoms come out in a set pattern nearly every time. Knowing the pattern makes staying in the cannon easier and you get to rack up some serious points. I think the pattern sequence for spawn is nearly the same every time - at least in both of my legendary clears of PoA it has been.

The hardest part with the cannon sequence is probably the Banshees as they can shoot you from much farther away than the Phantoms can.

I have a video in my journal that shows the sequence (and my achievement pop).

• DarthLurtz

DarthLurtz

#14180400 - 8 years ago

The main thing about the cannon is to prioritize what you shoot first.

Always shoot the phantom coming over your shoulder, then the one coming from the right, then the one on the left.

If you have time before the left gets in range, then you aim for banshees.

That's how I got through.

• Connor92

Connor92

#14181061 - 8 years ago

Took me about 3 weeks, but that was because I recently started Uni, and thus didn't touch the Xbox for the first week or so, let alone the campaign on Legendary. Either way, I'm glad I did it, regardless of how bloody long it may have taken me.

• sherwood784

sherwood784

#14182846 - 8 years ago

yeah, it's a tough slaw... btw if you want some good laughs, go to youtube.com/penguinz0

his com. during the final mission is hilarious. it's not me btw. i'm too classy for youtube

• buckeyedon

buckeyedon Crackpottist

#14184839 - 8 years ago

In reply to rekon59, #7:

Right! Sure!! So damn easy!!!

Let's see!

Campaign Solo Normal - 61 Minutes 9/14

Campaign Solo Legendary - 101 MINUTES 9/18

Oh wait...

"levetzow59 did not finish Tenth Mission on Legendary!"

Let's look some more:

Campaign Solo Legendary - 138 MINUTES 9/19

Oh gee!

"levetzow59 did not finish Tenth Mission on Legendary!"

Campaign Solo Legendary - 59 MINUTES 9/20

Finally!

"levetzow59 beat Tenth Mission on Legendary!"

Yeah, I call bullshit.

• aliencaboose

aliencaboose

#14184933 - 8 years ago

In reply to rekon59, #7:

Fuckin owned

• Refugee

Refugee

#14185303 - 8 years ago

took me about a week from release date i wanted to really enjoy the game and the story bungi did send them send them selfless from the HALO series with a bang.

• sherwood784

sherwood784

#14185634 - 8 years ago

In reply to Refugee, #18:

what are you babbling out?

• Quatters

Quatters

#14185684 - 8 years ago

In reply to sherwood784, #19:

He makes less sense than aliencaboose, methinks.

• sherwood784

sherwood784

#14188231 - 8 years ago

In reply to BuckeyeDon, #15:

wow... you're research alone is a monument to our sins.

i wish i was staff so i could give you a medal