Forums > Rooster Teeth Vermont

GAME NIGHT!

Posts (24)

• elkinen

elkinen reppin' the 802

#33070404 - 3 years ago

For game night, we should to come to a consensus on and should know:

1) What time works best for all. Are Fridays or Saturdays easier? Evenings? When do you have free time so the majority of people will be online and available at the same time.

2) What platform to you game on mostly?

3) Game suggestions. PLEASE list a few multiplayer online-capable games that you like. E.g. Minecraft, Halo, Rainbox Six Seige, Destiny, etc etc. Hopefully we will play one or two games per game night and rotate them weekly.

Cards Against Humanity is a good first choice since it's great ice-breaker so we can play that on our first night using the following website: http://pretendyoure.xyz/zy/ -- We can use custom game decks (just have to upload them) so I am tracking down a Rooster Teeth deck but you have any cards or suggestions that is helpful.

(PS if you see me online (elkinen - xbox one - add me) feel free to hit me up to play a game. I'm usually just bullshitting around anyway. Unless I'm playing Fallout. In which case I never fool around (lies)).

• Twiggyboy

Twiggyboy

#33119706 - 3 years ago

I'm on the Xbox one for multiplayer, unless I specify otherwise my Friday evenings are open. And I don't usually have anything going on during anytime on the weekends. I like Halo, Destiny, Battlefront, GTA 5, and with The Division coming out that could be a fun game to try. My Gamertag is A STBRN IRISHMN, spelled just like that in all caps. I'm looking forward to playing with you guys.

• JenC

JenC FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold JenCforCarolina

#33120327 - 3 years ago

Actually, something that would be fun, if there are any people who know how, is some online DnD campaigns.

• Firearrow5235

Firearrow5235 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Web Developer

#33120562 - 3 years ago

In reply to elkinen

I've kind of filled this out (a little) on the Facebook page, but I'll do a more complete version here.

1. Wednesday's, and Weekends.
    2. PC, 3DS, and I have access to a 360.
    3. Minecraft(PC), Civilization 5, Age of Empires 2: HD Edition, Age of Mythology: Extended Edition, BattleBlock Theater, Castle Crashers, Elder Scrolls Online, Borderlands 1/2, Don't Starve Together, Dota 2, Garry's Mod, RWBY: Grimm Eclipse, Smite, Sword Coast Legends, Terraria, Towerfall Ascension, War Thunder, Windward, and Halo 3, Halo: Reach, Halo 4 (I believe) for Xbox 360.

In reply to JenC

That would be fun! I would totally do it if I wasn't a complete shit DM. xD

• Twiggyboy

Twiggyboy

#33120564 - 3 years ago

In reply to JenC

Yes! I'm relatively noobish on the mechanics, my only experience being watching Critical Role. But I could learn, that sounds like a blast.

• JenC

JenC FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold JenCforCarolina

#33120803 - 3 years ago

In reply to Twiggyboy

I've technically participated in two campaigns ^^; only two sessions each they fell apart :( one was pathfinder online tho it worked out pretty well. Biggest challenge is session time.

• elkinen

elkinen reppin' the 802

#33121064 - 3 years ago

How many people do you need for a campaign? I wasn't allowed to play DnD growing up (lame, I know) so I don't know how to play but want to badly! If we can get a group and time I'd love to participate.

• Firearrow5235

Firearrow5235 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Web Developer

#33121130 - 3 years ago

In reply to elkinen

4 Players and a DM is a solid group. It's best not to have more than 7 players though. It can be done, but it's hectic and time consuming.

• NickRomalo

NickRomalo FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Nick Romalo

#33121206 - 3 years ago

I'm in. Critical Role has got me in a fever to finally try it. I've heard Pathfinder is pretty archaic though. Maybe 5th edition? But I'm not the expert by far so I'd be up for anything. The closest I've ever come to DnD is Knights of the Old Republic since the Bioware Doctors have pretty much said it's combat is straight ripped from DnD.

• Twiggyboy

Twiggyboy

#33121387 - 3 years ago

I spent some time last night going through the mechanics of character creation. I'd need to get a player handbook but I'm pretty confident on the basics. I've played enough RPGs to have a basic understanding of things like saving throws and strength, dexterity, wisdom etc. checks. Hopefully we can get this going.

• Firearrow5235

#33121601 - 3 years ago

If anybody is difficulty finding (or affording) the players handbook, here's some free resources.

• elkinen

elkinen reppin' the 802

#33121620 - 3 years ago

In reply to Firearrow5235

Let's pretend I'm NOT at work reading these now.

I blame you for my procrastination. :P

• Firearrow5235

#33121660 - 3 years ago

In reply to elkinen

Woops! xD

• NickRomalo

NickRomalo FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Nick Romalo

#33121894 - 3 years ago

So this is a thing? If so, awesome.

I'm probably going to buy the player's handbook no matter what. My mind is already building my character. I'm thinking Law Neutral Fighter class with dual-wielding. Race tbd. Probably something Non-Tolkien aka Elves, Dwarves and Humans. I'd love to hear everybody's ideas for characters as we start to get this going.

• JenC

#33121907 - 3 years ago

I suppose someone needs to claim DM status. Dooooes anyone know how?

• NickRomalo

#33121911 - 3 years ago

In reply to JenC

Not enough experience to do it here. That said even if I did I'm not sure I'd want to since, usually a DM can't role a character themselves and I find that a bit sad. Basically if anyone likes being the Monster in Evolve or Villain in Fable Legends while also being a stickler for the rules, they might enjoy being one.

• Firearrow5235

#33122095 - 3 years ago

I have one of the published adventures that I could (attempt to) run. :)

• elkinen

elkinen reppin' the 802

#33122108 - 3 years ago

Ooooohhhhh I'm excited. I hope you guys don't mind teaching a total noob haha. I ask a LOT of questions (because I hate getting things wrong lol).

• Firearrow5235

#33122272 - 3 years ago

In reply to elkinen

It's no problem. Questions are fine. :)

• NickRomalo

#33122611 - 3 years ago

In reply to Firearrow5235

Thanks for offering to step up and DM. Hopefully as we get better acquainted we can maybe try a rotation or something so everyone can play.

• Twiggyboy

Twiggyboy

#33122767 - 3 years ago

I've had a half-elven ranger named Shaelum Darin in mind for a while. Dire wolf companion named Ghilana. I also have a background established for him. Hope I can use him.

• NickRomalo

#33122811 - 3 years ago

Now comes the fun part: How? and When? The "How?" I assume would be on a voice chat client unless we are able to meet in person. Meaning the real question is "When?" I'm free pretty much whenever would be easiest for everyone else. Also, just had a thought, maybe we could use the first session or two to help build everyone's characters for those that can't afford the player handbooks. I bought mine on Amazon last night and should be here in the next week.

• JenC

#33122813 - 3 years ago

Should we make a new thread for organizing this? I know you don't wanna have too many players.

• elkinen

elkinen reppin' the 802

#33122849 - 3 years ago

Here ya go:

DnD thread: http://roosterteeth.com/forum/rooster-teeth-vermon...