Forums > RT COOKS

Recipes, Cookbooks, and Whatnot

Posts (7)

• ArnettV

ArnettV FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Gif Addict

#33624748 - 2 years ago

I was having a conversation with a friend earlier today because I'm redoing our family cookbook and updating the recipes and adding new ones. But do you guys have cook books with your own recipes and favorites? I'm up to 98 pages and I'm still adding more!

• Lpokmnj

Lpokmnj FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Blargh

#33625927 - 2 years ago

Yep. My family cookbook started out as a bit of an oral tradition. Eventually, my dad started writing things down as my mom's siblings asked how he cooked recipes. Apparently, homemade Italian dishes are a rarity in Ireland. Anyways, I've got some of my dad's recipes and started typing em up.

• Izayer

Izayer Keeper of Stories

#33629987 - 1 year ago

A lot of my family's dishes are Puerto Rican. But for some reason that I don't know why, is that all recipes are word of month. But we have a couple constants in all dishes. Adobo, garlic and onion powder, and homemade sofrito

• Lpokmnj

Lpokmnj FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Blargh

#33629988 - 1 year ago

I know the feeling about the word of mouth style. It's how my dad's family passed down their recipes. And they all seem to take a sauce of some sort and then topped with cheese. I love eating Italian, but hate having to work it off.  grinning

• Izayer

Izayer Keeper of Stories

#33629992 - 1 year ago

In reply to Lpokmnj

Same here. I got extremely upset with my parents because they bought sofrito from the store. It was way too green and didn't have enough onions and red peppers.

• Izayer

Izayer Keeper of Stories

#33651172 - 1 year ago

I cooked this tonight and I got high praise from my parents after I cooked it.

• Lpokmnj

#33651355 - 1 year ago

In reply to Izayer

That does look tasty, though it's almost completely different from how I've seen it served in my family. No broccoli rabe, pasta surrounds the chicken parm, and we don't use marinara sauce. Instead we use left over Sunday evening sauce for pasta to bathe the chicken and then top with mozzarella.