Forums > RT Cosplay!

PAX South 2017!

Posts (24)

• Jobell

Jobell

#33247649 - 3 years ago

I guess I'll dive right into the group even though we're still small! Anyone have plans for PAX South next year? If not what other cons are you planning on going to?

• RWBimbie

RWBimbie Keeper of Poems

#33247871 - 3 years ago

I may drive in for a day,
    after all I am in Comal Co just north of SA.

• TheSusanturpin

TheSusanturpin

#33248360 - 3 years ago

I really wanted to go last year, but didn't get the chance to make it. I think I'll make it a point to go this year! After RTX, I'm finding myself wanting to go to more and more conventions :) I live in Austin, so the drive to SA isn't that bad.

• Ozgand

Ozgand FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Man of Detail

#33248389 - 3 years ago

A friend of mine got a room for SanJapan so I will probably be going to that in the fall. I also have a RWBY group going to Anime Matsuri. For which, we will have fully transforming props.

• zackasaurr

zackasaurr Thats a Rock Fact

#33250539 - 3 years ago

I haven't even thought about Pax South! I guess it just all depends on where I end up at the end of the summer. Hopefully I'll have a full time well paying job by then and if so, I will be definitely going.

• TheSusanturpin

TheSusanturpin

#33250561 - 3 years ago

How cosplay-friendly is PAX?

• Ozgand

Ozgand FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Man of Detail

#33251638 - 3 years ago

It's super cosplay friendly.

• TheSusanturpin

TheSusanturpin

#33251881 - 3 years ago

Oh good. I was hoping it wasn't one of those "Our con has been taken over rah rah rah" sorts of things! I've heard of that attitude before and it makes me kinda sad.

• Ozgand

#33252535 - 3 years ago

Wait that's a thing?

• TheSusanturpin

TheSusanturpin

#33252953 - 3 years ago

I heard somewhere (although this could be entirely untrue, so don't quote me on this) that there was some comic book convention (maybe SDCC? I'm probably wrong) that had this massive influx of people cosplaying characters from movies and games and such and that the people who were the convention "purists" were suuuper mad about it. Actually, I'm pretty sure it was on one of the early episodes of the RT Podcast back when it was called The Drunk Tank.

• Jobell

Jobell

#33255593 - 3 years ago

Sorry for the absence. I've been out catching pokemon WHOOPS.

As far as PAX goes I know people cosplay there but I hear it can be super crowded. Though that was mostly about PAX East so South may be a little smaller? However big build cosplays might be harder to get around. Either way I hope it's cosplay friendly!

• Matt317

Matt317 the guy

#33290763 - 3 years ago

I'm definately going to PAX South this year. Before that I will also be at Realmscon in Corpus Christi.

• Ozgand

#33290796 - 3 years ago

I wish I could go, but I just started a new job and don't have any vacation time yet.

• RWBimbie

RWBimbie Keeper of Poems

#33290942 - 3 years ago

I heard Burne say he has never been to PAXSouth, despite it being around the corner.

If PaxSouth is not good enough for Burnie, why should I bother.

You guys have fun, I will sit it out like Burnie does

• Jobell

Jobell

#33291138 - 2 years ago

In reply to RWBimbie

I
     think since South is still relatively new and small they're still working on building it up to be as (hopefully) big as their other locations. Hopefully RT has bigger presence this year then they did last year (: 

In reply to Matt317

I've never heard of Realmscon o: Sounds fun though! What cosplays do you plan on taking to South? 

• Jobell

Jobell

#33291140 - 2 years ago

In reply to Ozgand

J
    ust gives you more time to save up for all that RTX spendin money lol. Maybe next year!

• Matt317

Matt317 the guy

#33298051 - 2 years ago

Oh yeah. It's a small anime/comic book convention that's steadily been growing over the years.

I'm hoping to be Link from LoZ: Breath of the Wild. :)

• ColonelWEKurtz

ColonelWEKurtz

#33420268 - 2 years ago

In reply to Jobell

The convention center there in San Antonio is pretty big so it never seems that crowded.  It's cosplay-friendly for sure.

• ColonelWEKurtz

ColonelWEKurtz

#33420280 - 2 years ago

In reply to Jobell

Unfortunately, as attendence grows every year at PAX South, the fewer big names show up.  It is just too far of another gaming convention trip for most- as there's usually a few closer, more important conventions for media, devs, and publishers to attend.  PAX South is the indie video game and tabletop version of all the PAXes.  This year, they're going to have a somewhat large section where you can try out some VR games, and you'll be able to put your hands on the Nintendo Switch.  Other than that, there probably won't be any big name panels...Last year's was fairly disappointing.

• Flynn

Flynn FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33441823 - 2 years ago

I'll be there if anyone is still going?

• Matt317

Matt317 the guy

#33443532 - 2 years ago

In reply to Flynn

I am!

• MichaelDiben

MichaelDiben

#33448490 - 2 years ago

Will there be nothing from RoosterTeeth this year? I don't see anything listed on the schedule. Disappointed if that's the case. :(

• Matt317

Matt317 the guy

#33454922 - 2 years ago

In reply to MichaelDiben

I'm wondering the same thing. Last year, even with RTX Sydney, they still had a presence there. Maybe there will be some last minute announcements. Either that, or maybe it will just be individual RT members going on vacation.

• RWBimbie

RWBimbie Keeper of Poems

#33454943 - 2 years ago

Last minute announcements dont help folk that decided months ago

not to get time off because RT wont be there.

I would say we could check the Event Calender tab ( http://roosterteeth.com/event ) on RT main page to see what folks set up for paxs, but they made that a stealth page a while back and nobody uses it now

.... and it doesnt work...  I dont see any events I scheduled last summer for this spring,

but thats kinda expected these days