Forums > RT Cosplay!

Prop making

Posts (7)

• Jesster642

Jesster642 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33311339 - 2 years ago

For all you prop makers out there

Where would you suggest buying EVA foam from?

Looking to make Ember Celica (And maybe a robot arm if I need to)

• Joron093

Joron093 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Keeper of The Forges

#33311431 - 2 years ago

Being new to this field myself, I suggest looking around online first to see what the price ranges are, I think the best price for EVA foam I found was on amazon by "We Sell Mats" or something, except they don't ship to Alaska T.T

Walmart's online site sells foam too, for the second best price I found, they also deliver to a wider range.

• ytrahne

ytrahne Guardian x8

#33312905 - 2 years ago

Most of the props I've made have been covered in paint fabric so the foam hasn't mattered as much.

• arma358

arma358 Caboose-colored SPARTAN

#33316952 - 2 years ago

I've used EVA from "We Sell Mats" and Harbor Freight. As for props, I'm now 3D printing them. 

• Jesster642

Jesster642 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33319584 - 2 years ago

In reply to arma358

Cool, I'll have to check them out

Would love a 3d printer at some point, just cost, maintenance and space stopping me really

• CrackedBrain

CrackedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33397857 - 2 years ago

There's a local cosplay shop by me called Mad House Custom Costumes. They're in Sandy, UT; and I've been using them a ton in the last couple months. They sell EVA foam that is smooth on both sides, and in a few different thicknesses. Not too sure if they ship, but it's worth a shot.

• Heamloch

Heamloch FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33401002 - 2 years ago

anybody know of a good custom prop maker online. I need to find someone who can make a prop ring