Forums > RT Events

WinTO - January 26th, 2013.

Posts (75)

• BigNiceJohn

BigNiceJohn

#15389455 - 6 years ago

Oh yeah... this is happening. It's also my 30th birthday weekend. Venue TBD.

• Cheshire_Cat

Cheshire_Cat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Registration Team Lead

#15389476 - 6 years ago

So excited!! I have to request time off for the next six months so knowing this is AWESOME!

• Vicki

Vicki

#15389517 - 6 years ago

Oh God THIS THIS THIS YES YES YES

Fuck it needs to be January right now. I'm done with everything that is not you people.

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#15389523 - 6 years ago

In reply to BigNiceJohn, #1:

It's always your birthday weekend. It's like you plan it this way or something.

• Jteeth

Jteeth FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Mandalf, his brother

#15389648 - 6 years ago

being a Newb to all things TO is there an info page or anything that can fill me in on details and such?

• BigNiceJohn

BigNiceJohn

#15389689 - 6 years ago

In reply to Jteeth, #5:

No, WinTO is an unofficial 'let's hang out and drink over BNJ's birthday' kind of thing.

• BatJeff

BatJeff

#15389706 - 6 years ago

Ok, so I know what I'm doing that weekend in January then...

• Vicki

Vicki

#15389744 - 6 years ago

In reply to BigNiceJohn, #6:

And my birthday is two weeks later (Feb 2)!

• Jteeth

Jteeth FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Mandalf, his brother

#15389760 - 6 years ago

In reply to BigNiceJohn, #6:

ah ha!

• film_geek

film_geek

#15389869 - 6 years ago

I am in.

also 30? oh, we need to get John fucked up.

I mean "forget his own name" fucked up. I want him to count " ,. . . 1. . . . 3 . . . . . . 6 . . . . purple . . . . . 8. . . pretty colours. .7 . . THROW UP"

I might possibly maybe have a Deadline screening during this event. If I can.

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#15389974 - 6 years ago

In reply to film_geek, #10:

Wouldn't that mess with your ability to show it at festivals like TIFF? Don't those have to be the premiere or something?

• rupertjeff

rupertjeff FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Patience

#15389978 - 6 years ago

I'm there, no question. smiley0.gif

• film_geek

film_geek

#15390326 - 6 years ago

In reply to DiMono, #11:

what? I have no idea what you're talking about. I might have friends over to my place and we'd watch www.imdb.com/title/tt1242618/ .

it's already been released, it's not like I'd have a private showing for friends my own film. as you said that'd hurt festivals.

• BigNiceJohn

BigNiceJohn

#15390524 - 6 years ago

Yeah, it'll be an 'I didn't know Thora Birch was still alive' party.

• perrin12

perrin12

#15393071 - 6 years ago

I have been waiting for someone to start this thread. Thank you! Also happy really early B-day BigNiceJohn.

Wait Thora Birch is still alive? Why did no one inform me of this?

• Nat

Nat

#15393514 - 6 years ago

I'll be there.

• Izzi

Izzi

#15396587 - 6 years ago

I have a $200 flight voucher that would just so happen to cover the majority of flight costs, but turns out that's the same weekend my friends are getting married in Texas. :( Looks like I can't make it.

• DiMono

#15396605 - 6 years ago

In reply to Izzi, #17:

Well, it looks like there's only one rational thing to do then:

...ruin their relationship so they call off the wedding.

• BatJeff

BatJeff

#15397426 - 6 years ago

In reply to DiMono, #18:

That makes so much sense it's ridiculous.

Perhaps it's the most ridiculously perfect plan he never thought of.

• iShotSheriff

iShotSheriff

#15398800 - 6 years ago

Perhaps I will join as well.

• BigNiceJohn

BigNiceJohn

#15400523 - 6 years ago

For your out of town folks... I'm wondering if you'd rather stick downtown or be a little adventurous.

For you in town folks, I'm thinking Greektown.

• BatJeff

BatJeff

#15400536 - 6 years ago

In reply to BigNiceJohn, #21:

...or be a little adventurous.

I don't know why, but when I read this, the first place I thought of was "Oshawa".

My next thought was then immediately "Dear GOD... NO!"

• Vicki

Vicki

#15400570 - 6 years ago

In reply to BigNiceJohn, #21:

It's gonna be January in Toronto. If we're walking more than 10 minutes anywhere, we're gonna die. Let's not get too crazy, eh?

• perrin12

perrin12

#15400942 - 6 years ago

In reply to Vicki, #23:

This is full of truth. Please take this under advisement.

• Vicki

Vicki

#15400948 - 6 years ago

In reply to perrin12, #24:

Historically, John has forgotten that "walking distance" means two totally different things to people not used to city life. I can deal with it in the summer. But in the winter... little tougher. Unless the weather is ridiculously mild, which is possible.