Forums > RT movie nights!

RTMN at RvBTO '10

Posts (15)

• TravieYak

TravieYak

#30956064 - 9 years ago

All right, with a little over a month to go until this summer's premiere event, I've got to know: who's going?

I ask because it's been talked about in the past something along the lines of filming our own little b-movie while we're there, but I've heard a lot of suggestions in that time from making it a re-enactment of previous films we've watched to a completely original idea; but, again, nothing official just yet.

What do you guys think? I mean, I wouldn't want to completely ruin the weekend by just worrying about filming a silly little movie, not that we'd have to be serious about it any way, but I do think it'd be hilariously cool to record a little something which we could, in turn, watch at a later date during an RTMN. I'd probably bring my camera to record it all and would edit the footage afterward once I returned home. Of course, it all depends if we're up for it and/if we even end up doing it.

So, any thoughts? Questions? Concerns? Any other ideas for RTMN group meet ups during RvBTO?

All I know is that, at the very least, we need to get a group picture together because that would be awesome.

Also, maybe playing football three feet apart during the Sunday BBQ!

• RoadBlock

RoadBlock FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold DONGS

#30956065 - 9 years ago

Sounds fun! :D

• Eclecticore

Eclecticore no longer 25 cents

#30956066 - 9 years ago

I say go with The Room re-enactment, probably at the bbq. Sounds the most feasible. Possibly find a way to tie-in some other films if possible.

Also, can we discuss RTMN night? There was talk at one point of trying to rent out a theater for us, but I think Zak and a few of us determined that it wasn't going to be worth it for the price. I think it would make more sense to just pick someone's hotel room, bring some DVDs, and have a blast. At least that way those of us who want to drink can. :D

I'm thinking late Saturday night after some time at the bar.

edit: I just realized the redundancy of RTMN night, hurrdurrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Post edited 6/20/10 12:33PM

• TravieYak

TravieYak

#30956067 - 9 years ago

In reply to Quarters, #3:

Yeah, last quote I heard from Zak was somewhere in the range of $500-$600 which is kind of high, but understandable to rent out an entire theater.

While it would be cool, I guess at this point it would be much more feasible (and cost effective) to do what you suggest and just get together in someone's hotel room, with a DVD player, couple movies and drinks. Bit more personal that way.

Only thing is that A) We need to figure out who's room we could do this in, B) Acquiring a DVD player for said event and C) What movies to watch?

I own a very small DVD player, actually it's the one that I used to use to help me stream movies for RTMN, that I could easily bring with me. As for movies, I own practically every movie we've ever watched on DVD, so that's no issue for me, either. We just need to figure out what movies we want to watch.

I figure The Room, obviously, and maybe Mega Shark vs. Giant Octopus as well as Transmorphers? And and all suggestions/opinions are welcomed.

• Fireball

Fireball DRUNK

#30956068 - 9 years ago

Y'all know I am all in for whatever.

• Eclecticore

Eclecticore no longer 25 cents

#30956069 - 9 years ago

In reply to TravieYak, #4:

I would suggest bringing those and Birdemic because that is seriously the only context in which I will watch that movie again.

Also, I doubt finding a hotel room to use will be a problem. I'm sure we'll have multiple options.

• Fireball

Fireball DRUNK

#30956070 - 9 years ago

We are welcome to pile in my room but I'm staying at a hotel that's pretty far off from the city center, so people will probably have to use cabs or whatever pub transit is there to get to my place.

So if someone is staying closer, that might be a better option.

• otter_be

otter_be FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Butts Forum Moderator

#30956071 - 9 years ago

I'll ask my friend Jillian if we could watch in her apartment, seeing as that might make a bit more sense.

• otter_be

otter_be FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Butts Forum Moderator

#30956072 - 8 years ago

In reply to otter_be, #8:

Apparently she's got some pretty strict restrictions on guests in her apartment, so looks like that's a no go.

Sorry guys smiley2.gif

• Fireball

Fireball DRUNK

#30956073 - 8 years ago

Where is everyone staying?

• TravieYak

TravieYak

#30956074 - 8 years ago

Well, I'm staying with Zak at Heather's apartment in Toronto, which she shares with Joe (Microbe) but I don't know where in Toronto it is exactly. However, I do believe its a bit of a drive from downtown.

• Fireball

Fireball DRUNK

#30956075 - 8 years ago

Quality Hotel & Suites Airport East(CN310)
    2180 Islington Ave., Toronto, ON, CA, M9P 3P1

This is where I will be staying.

• otter_be

#30956076 - 8 years ago

Don't have the exact address, but I know it's on yonges by the trainstation?

• Zotaku87

Zotaku87

#30956077 - 8 years ago

In reply to TravieYak, #11:

Yea, they live in Markham. It's on the northeast side of Toronto, not close to downtown. That's a no go for her place. Sorry.

• TravieYak

TravieYak

#30956078 - 8 years ago

In reply to Zotaku87, #14:

No worries, dude. Thanks for the heads up.