Forums > RT Originals

I HAVE RETURNED.

Posts (213)

• THE_HAND

THE_HAND FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold THE ALMIGHTY

#2284 - 14 years ago

THREE MEMBERS NO LONGER EXIST. DO NOT PRESUME TO ESCAPE THE ATTENTION OF THE HAND. THE REST OF YOU MAY SEEK THE MERCY OF THE HAND BY CONFESSING YOUR SINS TO THE HAND.

• Banshee

Banshee

#2288 - 14 years ago

In reply to THE_HAND, #1:

aww crikey....OK....I admit, I stole the cookies from the cookie jar!!

oh....wait....you werent talking about that, were you?

forget I said anything...

• Rabbethan

Rabbethan

#2291 - 14 years ago

I doubted The_Hand for 0.4 seconds

please take this glove to give The_Hand better grip

RvBGlove.jpg

• Durandal

Durandal

#2312 - 14 years ago

I am sorry for dissing you in the other "The Hand". So here is my gift to you in hope of pleasing you. http://members.toast.net/mlc/shytole.jpg

• RedSun

RedSun

#2314 - 14 years ago

I admit to helping to smuggle a non sponsor into the forum a day early.

• GrySovCob

GrySovCob

#2315 - 14 years ago

For your trouble O great one.

nailsoaks.jpg

• RossMills

RossMills

#2316 - 14 years ago

I give The Hand sole control over this dagger!

lancelots-dagger.jpg

The dagger is single-Handed, so I thought it would be better for The Hand.

• Durandal

Durandal

#2317 - 14 years ago

[link=http://members.toast.net/mlc/shytole.jpg]
    Sorry for messing up:(

• GrySovCob

GrySovCob

#2319 - 14 years ago

In reply to RedSun, #5:

Blasphemer!!!!

• dark54555

dark54555 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#2326 - 14 years ago

I offer THE_HAND an array of stress balls.

Stress%20Ball%20Range%20SMALL.jpg

• KuKuBlue

KuKuBlue

#2342 - 14 years ago

I offer the Hand power ot ban Laird. >.>

• boleorn

boleorn

#2349 - 14 years ago

In reply to KuKuBlue, #11:

In reply to boleorn, #806:

vashasm (3:11:34 PM): What the...?
    vashasm (3:11:38 PM): Why was I banned...again?
    scenedeleted (3:11:45 PM): *shrug*
    vashasm (3:11:52 PM): I didn't do anything
    scenedeleted (3:12:35 PM): I'd suspect it was THE HAND
    vashasm (3:12:54 PM): Is the - karma system auto?
    vashasm (3:13:01 PM): i.e. you get a certain ammount of points and it auto bans?
    scenedeleted (3:13:52 PM): Or constantly pumping mod points and getting a user propelled to first place within the matter of a day - that kind of calls quite a bit of attention.
    vashasm (3:14:14 PM): What is wrong with that? I decided to give all my points to seraph
    vashasm (3:14:18 PM): there is somethingwrong with that?
    vashasm (3:14:28 PM): Jarf gave him 43 friggen points
    scenedeleted (3:15:14 PM): And there's a reason why Jarf no longer exists either.

I told you not to fuck with karma whoring.
    vashasm (3:15:39 PM): I don't understand why I can't give it all to one person :\nscenedeleted (3:15:51 PM): Because it fucks with the system. Simple as that.
    vashasm (3:15:56 PM): System?
    vashasm (3:15:58 PM): What system?
    scenedeleted (3:15:59 PM): Not so bright to do after JUST getting back in
    scenedeleted (3:16:06 PM): The SYSTEM OF THE HAND
    vashasm (3:16:27 PM): How the hell should I've known? I didn't know that it was remotely close to anything bad
    vashasm (3:16:46 PM): Someone gave me all their - points,
    vashasm (3:16:49 PM): there is no problem with that?
    scenedeleted (3:17:01 PM): "Mod cheating is a most serious offense in this community and you will feel The Hand for attempting it."
    vashasm (3:17:09 PM): Cheating!?
    vashasm (3:17:12 PM): What did I cheat?!
    vashasm (3:17:20 PM): I didn't tell seraph anything, I didn't make a deal with him or something.
    vashasm (3:17:26 PM): I just gave him all my points
    scenedeleted (3:17:38 PM): You're trying to exploit the system and you were banned, end of story.
    vashasm (3:19:09 PM): I don'
    vashasm (3:19:54 PM): uhg, I am just digging dea

• boleorn

boleorn

#2350 - 14 years ago

In reply to boleorn, #12:

vashasm (3:19:54 PM): uhg, I am just digging deaper, aren't I? Well, I just wish the rules were clearer, I don't even see anything remotly wrong with what I did. I thought the karma system was there for run, not for the mods to keep tabs on users with
    scenedeleted (3:20:00 PM): You're arguing to the wrong person - I didn't have anything to do with the ban. I'm just explaining how it looked to others, and that's why you were banned.
    vashasm (3:20:25 PM): Do you know who I can talk to?
    scenedeleted (3:20:38 PM): The karma system is to reward good posts and punish bad ones. Just throwing points at users 'because you have them' isn't a positive use of the system.
    vashasm (3:20:53 PM): I didn't know that.
    vashasm (3:21:16 PM): And if that is the case, then shouldn't the 10 some users who banded together to try to give me -2 karma for each and every one of my posts be banned?
    scenedeleted (3:22:00 PM): Hey, I'm not THE HAND.
    vashasm (3:22:20 PM): Can you tell me who is?
    vashasm (3:22:30 PM): or... THE_HAND's email?
    scenedeleted (3:22:35 PM): THE HAND is THE HAND
    vashasm (3:25:02 PM): ok, I will try to talk to the hand then, but one more thing
    vashasm (3:25:30 PM): from the looks of what burnie said, people aren't time-banned anymore. It is if you get banned, you need to sign back up with another username and refill in all the information, rebuild everything you had before
    vashasm (3:25:33 PM): is that correc?
    vashasm (3:25:36 PM): *Correct
    scenedeleted (3:25:46 PM): Pretty much.
    vashasm (3:27:49 PM): Can you tell me the time it takes to sign in again?
    vashasm (3:27:56 PM): I remember it on the front page, but they never said it
    scenedeleted (3:28:01 PM): What?
    vashasm (3:28:09 PM): You cannot login as that user because you were recently logged in as another user. Try again later.
    scenedeleted (3:28:29 PM): Try again later.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Session concluded at 3:30:29 PM
    ---------------------------

• boleorn

boleorn

#2351 - 14 years ago

In reply to boleorn, #13:

Hand, might as well read that just to see what is happening, and why seraph is innocent (If he got banned)

I opoligise, I now understand how it works / why it is here.

• Moriv

Moriv

#2382 - 14 years ago

I kind of get the feeling The Hand just doesn't like Bole. . .

• burnie

burnie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#2389 - 14 years ago

In reply to boleorn, #14:

God damn, it's insulting how dumb this kid thinks we are.

• Moriv

Moriv

#2399 - 14 years ago

In reply to burnie, #16:

Can't you ban his I.P. or something?

• HappyPandas

HappyPandas

#2400 - 14 years ago

I think this should be clear but i'm going to state it anyway (unofficially)

Mod points are to be used to reward insightful, funny, useful comments/posts/journal entries

Mod points aren't a gift, you dont give them to people because you like them or want to reward them (and obviously you cant mod point trade).

• dark54555

dark54555 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#2401 - 14 years ago

In reply to burnie, #16:

mmm hmm. kids these days...

• dark54555

#2406 - 14 years ago

In reply to HappyPandas, #18:

I think the key people are missing is to use them sparingly and in moderation.

• KuKuBlue

KuKuBlue

#2408 - 14 years ago

Just relax and Listen to "Under Pressure" or " I Want to break free "

God queen kicks ass.

• HappyPandas

HappyPandas

#2411 - 14 years ago

In reply to HappyPandas, #18:

excuse me for the double post, i should reclarify what i just said:

Mod points aren't a gift, you dont give them to people because you like them or want to reward them because you think they are cool or any other reason than the above mentioned (and obviously you cant mod point trade).

• burnie

burnie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#2430 - 14 years ago

In reply to burnie, #16:

Can't you ban his I.P. or something?

We can, but it's very easy to find a new IP via proxy or a new a free e-mail account that we don't block. Instead of trying to have security measures that hurt other people that legitimately want to use our boards, we now have tools that allow all mods to click ban people right from their posts or profiles or anywhere. Eventually, trolls will get tired of filling out the registration form, but we never get tired of clicking. They'll either drive themselves crazy in their mother's basement or eventually just give up. Either way, it has no effect on us. I can actually ban someone faster than you can post "OMG! Banned". Seriously.

Plus The Hand has the ability to wipe Karma (which FYI is more than just + or - mods). So there is really no reason to modcheat or modtrade. You are going to end up worse than you started.

• Moriv

Moriv

#2433 - 14 years ago

In reply to burnie, #23:

That's almost sadistic.

In-frickin'-genius.

• burnie

#2438 - 14 years ago

In reply to HappyPandas, #22:

Eventually this community will get big enough that these things don't matter. You guys are already moving up much slower than the beta testers. As beta testers, we actually ran out of mods and upped the replenishment routines. Once we go public and get a couple thousand users, the idea of "popular people" will be out the window. Mod points will become exactly what they are meant to be -- a way to draw people to or away from posts. If someone posts tubgirl or goatse, users will mod it down quickly and anyone smart enough to filter -3 posts in their settings will be spared from Goatse or stupid trolls.

MOD POINTS are your way of contributing to the moderation of the board. Hence the name mod points.