Forums > RT Originals

Remake Season 1

Posts (44)

• ninjafork

ninjafork

#1658429 - 14 years ago

I'm hoping this hasn't been posted by anybody else, cuz there is always somebody waiting to flame. So hear me out real quickly.

I was looking at the San Diego comic con pictures that some people have posted here and there, and i think it would be freak'n awsome of the roosterteeth guys remade season one, wearing the nightmare armors. Like each character dresses up in their respective suit and just acts out the parts that they already voiced. A lot of props would be needed, but i think its very possible. I'm not too sure if the translation would work all that well, but i'm sure the fans would love it.

Plus i'd really like to see a nightmare armor that is pink

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#1660092 - 14 years ago

And I'd really like to see Kathleen flip over a tank with one hand.

• ninjafork

ninjafork

#1660224 - 14 years ago

Or burnie getting hit a with tank shell. That should make for some hilarious physical comedy

Haha, lopez drinking motor oil is right up there to

• ShotgunSteve

ShotgunSteve

#1660610 - 14 years ago

DiMono: I suggest you check out EmoRangers.Com and ask around ont he forums for the trailer (it sucked up all their bandwidth so its offline) the entire project took 100 dollars to make. Now, you could make a paper mache tank and have it flipped over. Etc.

And seriously with a life action remake, we can see stuff that can't be done in game. Such as, lopez drinking oil, or throwing rocks through the teleporter.

You could also render a tank flipping over, or green screen kathleen and use the in game footage for the tank flipping.

But what i would really rather see, is perhaps a red vs blue season 1 remake with Halo 2, or Halo CE's new models. Or possibly Project Torlan, a Halo conversion for Unreal Tournament 2k4. They have many more models for the players, such as girl spartans (like for Tex)

• Cinema_Void

Cinema_Void

#1661315 - 14 years ago

In reply to ninjafork, #1:

Red Vs Blue was ment to be made in halo, if it was done in any other way it would take away the charm of the series and take away the whole point of machinima.

• ninjafork

ninjafork

#1662097 - 14 years ago

In reply to Cinema_Void, #5:

I'm not too sure if the translation would work all that well, but...

I understand, don't worry

• Balrog30

Balrog30

#1669321 - 14 years ago

While this is definately an interesting idea, I agree that Red vs Blue just wouldn't be the same if it's not made in Halo. The other thing to consider is that the reason they make it in Halo in the first place, is because it's a lot easier, cheaper, and faster to make a film in a game engine, then it is otherwise. Mind you, I'm sure the game works against them a lot. Not saying Rooster Teeth is lazy.

• nightwolf12

nightwolf12 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#1670150 - 14 years ago

I think remaking the RVB Season 1 is ridiculous. The season is fine as it is and it doesn't need any adjustments... Except the Intro's but it's still funny and all.

• ninjafork

ninjafork

#1675422 - 14 years ago

I swear some people have no imagination

Yes i think season 1 is amazing and the story and chacters that were created was well suited for the fomat that it came out on. What i am trying to say in this thread, is that other formats offer the roosterteeth guys other avenues. As a testament to what these guys can do, i think there comedic style would flourish with the type of format i suggested earlier. I'm not asking for them to disregard what they have already created.

So please, every fanboy that reads this try to open your eyes a little bit and see that there is always room for improvement. What i suggested may not be it, but its always worth a chance. If not please keep your fanboy remarks to yourselves or put some itelligent remarks into your response.

Remember this is a "what if" thread, i'm not trying to start a petition.

• Sgt_Pepper

Sgt_Pepper

#1678652 - 14 years ago

no...that would kill Red vs. Blue. Without Halo, its a hillarious script with now back bone or concept. just...no...

• ninjafork

ninjafork

#1679931 - 14 years ago

ok, i guess i was unclear

make red vs blue a live action movie. All the characters would be the Rooster teeth staff. Their "costumes" would be nightmare armors(if you don't know what those are, go research it) And create blood gulch and all the other locations some how. It wills till be a halo world, it will just be a translation from game to live cinema

you know what screw this, i'm tired of arguing with 15 year old fanboys. Flamebait me as much as you want, i don't care. Now excuse me while i shotgun a beer and go to the stripclub

• Cinema_Void

Cinema_Void

#1682329 - 14 years ago

Its because you suck.

A live action movie would ruin the experiance.

• Bryy

Bryy

#1684462 - 14 years ago

In reply to ninjafork, #11:

Um.... Balrog is 18, Chris (DiMono) is 25, and I'm 22 (23 in four weeks).

It's a dumb idea because it would cost too much, it's not at all possible (even with Matt's leet skills in the graphics department), and it would take too much time.

RvB is machinima. It was always meant to be. A live action version would be crap.

• jujucar

jujucar

#1684598 - 14 years ago

I agree with Bryy.
    Where are they going to get props for this venture?
    Where would they get the funds to pay for said things to make the props?
    Takes money.
    Besides, I think anything other than machinima would make it not what it was originally meant to be.

• Bryy

Bryy

#1684822 - 14 years ago

In reply to ninjafork, #3:

Or burnie getting hit a with tank shell. That should make for some hilarious physical comedy

Haha, lopez drinking motor oil is right up there to

DiMono was being sarcastic. I'm surprised he didn't lock this straight up.

None of that is possible, as we have said.

• Shindo

Shindo

#1685075 - 14 years ago

Well we could shoot burnie with a tank shell, but i dont think he is going to laugh it off to well

• AZX3RIC

AZX3RIC

#1699774 - 14 years ago

this thread would have made a nice journal entry.

• Bryy

Bryy

#1700610 - 14 years ago

Sandman would of locked it by now. Sandman would of laid down the LAW.

• Shindo

Shindo

#1700621 - 14 years ago

Hey Bryy. I can show you somehting that will make you ashmed that these people 'fim makers'

rvb.roosterteeth.com/forum/viewTopic.php?id=2171555

• GreyJedi

GreyJedi

#1702160 - 14 years ago

I was thinking a play with people dressed up in Spartan armour who moved their arms and bobbled their heads would be amusing. Dunno about using the Rooster teeth people/story for it, but Ithink it would have it's quality of entertainment... okay, maybe not a whole play, maybe more like... a Monty Python/Saturday night Live-type skit thing.

• Sodman

Sodman

#1728144 - 14 years ago

I think he also is forgetting that each suit of nightmare armor costs $3,500. and $10 sponsorships wont pay for that. well, not one for every character....

• brent09

brent09

#1839979 - 14 years ago

because i cant make a topic im posting this here so dont get mad at me.

i was wondering if anyone know a good way of making a HALO2 movie if not then the glitch or watever for taking of ur weapon in halo1 for pc.

• Zedsreturn

Zedsreturn

#1871769 - 14 years ago

In reply to ninjafork, #1:

one question, why? it would look crappier, there is no way they could recreate blood gulch, and why would they spend a shitload of money on something that they have already done?!

• Zedsreturn

Zedsreturn

#1871790 - 14 years ago

In reply to ShotgunSteve, #4:

same thing, why would they goto the trouble of doing something they have already done?

• genocide_117

genocide_117

#1872775 - 14 years ago

live action rvb would be ok like a small live action part for a joke in seson 4, but if they remade all season 1 then that would only be a waste of time, money, and effort