Forums > RTOZ

RTOZ design

Posts (107)

• red_design

red_design

#31181228 - 8 years ago

Hey everyone,

It would be good to have a thread just for the design regarding RTOZ. So far, the 'Roo Teeth logo' (inspired by dannywboy) is now the RTOZ logo. As the name change from RvBOZ to RTOZ gave it a broader meaning - Roo Teeth fit better with it. (FYI, my version of Roo Teeth was initially intended to be the logo for ARTST as it fit better back then)

groupb7852f3d3a775b5188139a2c070243974d8

This thread can now be used for initial design concepts dealing with RTOZ.
    Designs for RTOZ EVENT marketing collateral like t-shirts, badges, flyers and other concepts you guys think of can go here. Put up images or links to galleries or ideas/concepts for designs here. If a specific aspect of design gets big (like t-shirts) then we'll create a separate thread. Please let us know what you're designing too - eg. shirt design, logo or poster art.

(Note: RTOZ EVENT refers to the event where the RT staff will be visiting Australia. Anything to do with ARTST design, as in street team marketing ideas, should go in the ARTST group thread)

Post edited 3/16/11 3:32AM

• GontArk

GontArk FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Blacksmith

#31181229 - 8 years ago

This is a ruff draft of my image, its meant to be the southern Cross with Images in it, most of them representing Australia, and gaming. But as you see I will have to change the name of it now also.

Hope you guys like it, can’t wait to see all your images also

IMG_0092.jpg

• Caiti

Caiti FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Velvet Scarlatina

#31181230 - 8 years ago

In reply to GontArk, #2:

So you're idea was that in each of the bubbles, there would be some depiction of Australia?

• GontArk

GontArk FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Blacksmith

#31181231 - 8 years ago

In reply to coolcaiti, #3:

Ok I stole the idea from RVB TO like this roosterteeth.com/groups/images/image.php?id=27197

• Caiti

Caiti FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Velvet Scarlatina

#31181232 - 8 years ago

In reply to GontArk, #4:

Ahhhh okay, that's a good theory. That was one of their original logo's I think...

• Daanvae

Daanvae

#31181233 - 8 years ago

I had a bit of a left field idea in class the other day. I was bored so I decided to research a program called Game Maker. I had the words Rooster Teeth, Australia and Video Game floating around in my head as I often do. Suddenly these words clicked into a full phrase: Rooster Teeth Australia Game. One thing led to another and I've started playing around with Game Maker to make an RTOZ game. The story is the RT staff's adventures to an event in Australia, I've nearly finished an airport level. I was thinking a Flash style game could be used for Marketing, because Hell, who doesn't like a stupid, pointless, addictive Internet game now and then. What do you guys think? Anyone who would like to help me out?

• red_design

red_design

#31181234 - 8 years ago

In reply to GontArk, #4:

so you're talking about the icons yeah? would this be for a specific thing like a poster, shirt or flyer?

In reply to Daanvae, #6:

have you got any examples you can show? maybe an existing flash game that's similar to your idea?

• Daanvae

Daanvae

#31181235 - 8 years ago

In reply to red_design, #7:

I think it's an exe file, is it possible to post those to the site?

• red_design

red_design

#31181236 - 8 years ago

In reply to Daanvae, #8:

last i checked .exe files were programs for Windows and not something you could host on a website. have you been to newgrounds before? they've got heaps of flash games on there as examples.

• Daanvae

Daanvae

#31181237 - 8 years ago

In reply to red_design, #9:

I'm only using Game Maker to do a quick alpha. If people like it I'd love some help making a Flash version. Is there any way I can post it here on the site for people to download and play?

• red_design

red_design

#31181238 - 8 years ago

In reply to Daanvae, #10:

it might be something that you have to package or ZIP then upload somewhere and provide a link. the forum seems to be limited in that you can only upload pictures and links to pictures and movies. an executable windows file is something that needs to be downloaded onto your computer and then installed.

with the Game Maker, is there any possible way to export your finished file as a SWF (flash file) or even a movie that just plays out? i don't really see any other way to be able to show it on this site. you may want to ask scott.

• Neighthirst

Neighthirst

#31181239 - 8 years ago

In reply to Daanvae, #6:

That actually sounds reall cool.

In reply to red_design, #11:

I know its not ideal but if all else fails maybe it could be filmed, just so that at least we get to see what its like.

• Scav3nger

Scav3nger

#31181240 - 8 years ago

In reply to Daanvae, #10:

In reply to red_design, #11:

If it's a .swf file then we can put it on the site, otherwise it would have to be a downloadable file that we can link to on the site.

• red_design

red_design

#31181241 - 8 years ago

In reply to Deathirst, #12:

that would probably be the best idea - since it's just presenting the idea.

In reply to MajScav3nger, #13:

thanks dude

• Daanvae

Daanvae

#31181242 - 8 years ago

Ok thanks guys that all sounds really good. I'll use either fraps or hypercam to film the game, I'll then upload it somewhere. I'll get on that now. :)

• Daanvae

Daanvae

#31181243 - 8 years ago

Ok guys this is it, I've got a youtube account up for this.
    RTOZ The Game
    Hope you like my idea, sorry the video goes on a bit, it's the first time I've done this :P I'd prefer if the video was only shared with us RTOZ members and that we chat about it here on the forum. Thanks guys :D

• Scav3nger

Scav3nger

#31181244 - 8 years ago

In reply to Daanvae, #16:

I believe the correct term would be that it's a game concept :P

The concept looks good, it'd be great if it were a flash game we could put on the site :D

• Daanvae

Daanvae

#31181245 - 8 years ago

In reply to MajScav3nger, #17:

Yes, concept. Exactly the word I was looking for :p yeah I'm keen to put together a Flash game. Hopefully I can get a team of other people with some experience and produce something cool. Anyone who wants in please give me a yell :)

• Caiti

#31181246 - 8 years ago

In reply to Daanvae, #16:

Dude, that's so cool! I'm so proud of you!

• red_design

red_design

#31181247 - 8 years ago

In reply to Daanvae, #18:

good job on the video dude. if you need help, it would be a good idea to specify what areas you need help with - illustration, animation, story/plot development, coding (actionscripting if in flash) and any other roles you can think of. that will give the guys on here who want to give you a hand a better idea of what skills you're looking for.

• Daanvae

Daanvae

#31181248 - 8 years ago

Thanks for checking it out guys :) I'm glad you like it, means a lot. I'll work on getting a list of roles together. I'm hoping to leave the stuff like coding to any experts in our group. Can't wait to put something cool out for you guys! xoxo

• Scav3nger

Scav3nger

#31181249 - 8 years ago

In reply to Daanvae, #21:

Sweet as. As much I can jump and say "YES I'm good at this because I did a game design degree" unfortunately Flash was not one of the strong points in the course. It was covered but not to any great length...

But gameplay wise, and story/plot, I can assist where able :)

• GontArk

#31181250 - 8 years ago

In reply to Daanvae, #18:

Mate, I have no skill in helping you but I hope you find some people that will help you with your game your making

• GontArk

#31181251 - 8 years ago

In reply to MajScav3nger, #22:

I do believe we all could help the with plots for this game, we could have one, where Geoff or Griffen are running around looking for Milly, but they don't remember which Kangaroo baby sitter they put her in and now the kangaroo has bounced off haha XD

In reply to GontArk, #23:

(Thats what I get for not reading alll the comments first)

• Daanvae

Daanvae

#31181252 - 8 years ago

In reply to GontArk, #24:

That's the kind of quirky story ideas I'm chasing dude, if you have any more share em. Message me or post them here =D that goes for everyone too. Ideasideasidea!!! :)