Forums > RTX 2017

VIP head count!

Posts (286)

• illyria250

illyria250 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Just a Gym Teacher

#33437998 - 2 years ago

Just curious, who all got VIP this year? I find it very interesting that it has not sold out yet and wonder if they may have upped the number of tickets. I will also be mostly solo since many of my VIP cohorts from last year could not afford it this time around and wanted to know who I will be seeing!

• Mal_Ronin

Mal_Ronin FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33438010 - 2 years ago

I've got it for this year too! :)

Can't get back into the system so wondering how one could even tell whether tickets are sold out yet. I imagine they are but it would be nice to know the whole Double Gold thing was worth it and all but guaranteed you could get VIP if you wanted it.

• illyria250

illyria250 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Just a Gym Teacher

#33438012 - 2 years ago

In reply to Mal_Ronin I was thinking the same thing with the upgrade to double gold! Even if it doesn't sell out today, at least I had that guarantee to ease my anxiety.

• kylebelerin

kylebelerin FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33438019 - 2 years ago

Yeah, considering last years blood bath I am extremely happy about how this years ticket sales went. Its really nice to see people not screaming at eachother on the forums because someone didnt get a pass in time. I'll be VIP for the second year in a row, last year was more of a private vacation with me and my lady, we wanted to check out Austin and do some non-con things. This year I'm looking to get alot more involved in the community. 

• Mal_Ronin

Mal_Ronin FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33438023 - 2 years ago

In reply to illyria250 can't imagine it didn't sell out already. I hope anyone who wanted a VIP ticket had no trouble getting one.

• illyria250

#33438025 - 2 years ago

Last year was my first year where I decided to finally make connections with people in the community. I have been going since 2013. The first couple of years, my husband was a guardian and one of our friends came so I just hung out with him. Then, my husband and I got VIP for the Lazer Team KickStarter and just hung out together with our then 2 month old daughter. By far the best was being VIP last year and meeting people at the Immersion shoot. I have made some great friendships and we all still talk on a regular basis. I'm really hoping to meet some more rad people this year.

• kylebelerin

kylebelerin FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33438029 - 2 years ago

In reply to illyria250

I applied for the immersion shoot but didnt get it, hoping for some similar opportunities this year. Last year was awesome in its own way, going to the party and getting into panels and only doing what we wanted, eating when/where we wanted and doing non-con things on the other days. But this year I have told myself I will be more social and go to meetups, start conversations with fellow attendee's are bars/restaurants in the days before/after the con etc.

• illyria250

#33438033 - 2 years ago

In reply to kylebelerin It definitely makes a huge difference making connections in my opinion. I met some of the coolest people and even the others who were just my line buddies for the moment were great to talk to!

• illyria250

#33438051 - 2 years ago

I also forgot to add my husband is a Guardian again this year so that's why we won't be hanging. He has been it 4 or 5 times now.

• Hedgerow

Hedgerow

#33438092 - 2 years ago

My brother and I got VIP tickets this year. Second RTX, first time VIP.

• MLKman

MLKman FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33438166 - 2 years ago

Hello, 3rd RTX and second VIP.
    Cosplay already chosen

• Grouchy_Marx

Grouchy_Marx FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33438237 - 2 years ago

This will be my 3rd RTX, 2nd time with VIP.  My pals also got VIP passes, leading to a little VIP squad.  It's gonna be top!

• Utukku232

Utukku232 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Utukku232

#33438313 - 2 years ago

Snagged my VIP ticket earlier today.  This will actually be my first RTX.  Not 100% what to expect, last time I was to an event similar to this was E3 a few years back.

• tyrjiora

tyrjiora FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold T-Bone Queen

#33438353 - 2 years ago

Got my VIP ticket for this year! Last year was a blast as a VIP and it was honestly really, really nice not having to worry about queue time for panels so I got to see a lot more of the convention as a whole. Looking forward to what's in store for this year!

• Air_cadet10

Air_cadet10 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33438438 - 2 years ago

I was able to get a VIP ticket! This will be my third RTX and first as a VIP. I've missed the last two years because of school/ being broke so I thought I'd spoil my self a little to make it up. Very excited to go and see some old friends and make some new ones!!

• Jonwasabii

Jonwasabii

#33438440 - 2 years ago

First time buying VIP, and have been pretty stoked to get it since I was told DG gets first dibs I might actually have a chance. Got so nervous especially when I couldn't figure out the ticket gateway within ten seconds XD. Anyways, got VIP but don't know if my friends will even make it out to RTX, so gonna be a loner in the section lmao

• ZeroKnight709

ZeroKnight709 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33438570 - 2 years ago

Please send me the link for vip tickets. I got my early double gold code but i don't see where to get tickets. 

• ZeroKnight709

ZeroKnight709 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33438590 - 2 years ago

In reply to ZeroKnight709 to answer my own question. https://rtx2017.frontgatetickets.com/ is the place to go. 

IDK why it didn't go to there in the email. lol 

• ZeroKnight709

#33438598 - 2 years ago

In reply to DJC0L7 is vip worth it. It is like over what i pay for food in a month. And i got to fly there for it. lol

• illyria250

#33438728 - 2 years ago

In reply to ZeroKnight709 In my opinion it's totally worth it. But, if you are that stapped for money, you may want to save and wait until next year for it.

• kylebelerin

#33438766 - 2 years ago

In reply to ZeroKnight709

I found it to be absolutely worth it, the ability to skip lines means I got to do 5-6 panels a day when weekends got to do 2-3 just because of the wait. The VIP party is a chance to meet so many of the RT staff and get pictures, and have actual conversations with alot of them. Super cool experience, and an open bar!

• imkaylamarie

imkaylamarie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Local Hot Mess

#33438816 - 2 years ago

I got VIP for my first RTX! I'm super excited to finally get to go!

• karguy2003

karguy2003 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33438825 - 2 years ago

2nd RTX, 2nd VIP.  Looking forward to the party and the hopefully better VIP lounge. :)

• ZeroKnight709

#33438846 - 2 years ago

In reply to kylebelerin did you say open bar?

• illyria250

#33438851 - 2 years ago

In reply to ZeroKnight709 The open bar was during the VIP party. There is no open bar in the VIP lounge. The VIP lounge last year was suuuuuuper lame compared to my first year as VIP. I am really hoping they improve it 10 fold this year. Though, I did run into Jack and Caiti with some of their family when I happened to pop in. Even saw Gus on the way.