Forums > RTX 2017

Immersion at RTX

Posts (31)

• illyria250

illyria250 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Just a Gym Teacher

#33536655 - 2 years ago

Anyone heard any news about an Immersion shoot for this year's RTX? It was super fun to do last year and it seems like this may become a regular since it has been consistently done a few RTXs in a row now.

• illyria250

illyria250 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Just a Gym Teacher

#33536878 - 2 years ago

It was super fun to be a part of last year. I'm hoping to take part again! What do you think this years wpuld be?

• illyria250

#33537386 - 2 years ago

In reply to mvrejon

Ooooooh GTA V would be awesome! And with the new Zelda that would be nice. 

• moriuh

moriuh FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold bees???

#33556572 - 2 years ago

I didn't get to do it last year because I flew in Thursday afternoon, but this year I'm flying in Wednesday morning so I'm hoping to be apart of it! Not sure what game it'll be though. Would have to be something they'd need a ton of people for.

• kylebelerin

kylebelerin FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33558675 - 2 years ago

It's not always an Immersion shoot exclusively, just a shoot involving a large crowd that they need, like the scene in Day 5 when Joel walks out of the movie theater was shot at RTX with attendees. I am anxiously awaiting, I applied for immersion last year but didn't get it...

• illyria250

#33558691 - 2 years ago

In reply to kylebelerin

Fair point. I forgot about the Day 5 shoot. The Immersion shoot last year was so much fun last year.

• kylebelerin

kylebelerin FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33558774 - 2 years ago

In reply to illyria250

It looked like it, really bummed I didn't get picked but I know that's how it goes sometimes. Fingers crossed that I get in for whatever they have planned this year!

• Brinkel1240

Brinkel1240

#33615871 - 2 years ago

Just want to check in and see if anyone has updates on this, how did it work last year? Was it like first come first serve or was there a sign up in advance? thanks!

• kylebelerin

#33615878 - 2 years ago

In reply to Brinkel1240

Last year you filled out a sign up sheet and people were randomly selected, if you were picked you got an email telling you day/time/location/attire, if not you didn't get anything. We have no information about any events going on this year so far, which is honestly pretty irritating to have to try and plan stuff 2 weeks out.

• Brinkel1240

Brinkel1240

#33615881 - 2 years ago

In reply to kylebelerin

Yeah, it's making me super anxious! So was the sign up online weeks in advance or was it that week?

• kylebelerin

#33615888 - 2 years ago

In reply to Brinkel1240

The signup website went live like a month before the con and people got confirmation emails 2 weeks before. 

And everything says the schedule usually comes out about a month before the event. I think we will have a panel schedule on the 19th, but that's still not anything about extra activities outside of RTX.

• Brinkel1240

Brinkel1240

#33615892 - 2 years ago

In reply to kylebelerin

I hope they get it out sooner so its easier to plan around autograph sessions :(

• kylebelerin

#33615900 - 2 years ago

In reply to Brinkel1240

I think the panel schedule will come out when the autograph codes get redeemed by VIPs, which is the 19th. 

• illyria250

#33615925 - 2 years ago

They are releasing autograph schedules on the 16th, so the panel schedule will most likely be released then. RTX just tweeted somethinf about Day 5 happening on the Thursday.

• kylebelerin

#33615994 - 2 years ago

In reply to illyria250

Probably another early screening like they had for that and crunch time last year. I think I'm just not gonna plan Thursday evening activities.

• illyria250

#33616113 - 2 years ago

In reply to kylebelerin

Day 5 season 2 episode 1 screening Thrusday night!!

• moriuh

moriuh FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold bees???

#33617088 - 2 years ago

Blaine said in the RT Podcast Post Show that emails are going to be sent to VIPs soon, and then everyone else I'm assuming.

• illyria250

#33619225 - 2 years ago

So.. anyone get picked for it? I did. jack

• kylebelerin

#33619244 - 2 years ago

didn't respond to the email in time, got it at 2:50 but didn't see it until 4. Super bummed, missed it last year and really had my fingers crossed for this year. Sucks that they changed the method without any kind of warning or hint.

• illyria250

#33619252 - 2 years ago

In reply to kylebelerin

Blaine said on the podcast postshow they would be sending an email to VIPs, it was even referenced above.

• kylebelerin

#33619335 - 2 years ago

ah, haven't had time to listen to this weeks podcast yet. That makes me feel less upset but still disappointed, I had hoped that replying an hour after was within enough time. Oh well.

• illyria250

#33619362 - 2 years ago

In reply to kylebelerin

I know I was checking my email non stop when I knew it was coming. I'm sure I wasn't the only one. They did make it seem like they may be doing other stuff in the email they sent. Plus, I find it weird that there is no Slow Mo Guys panel even though Dan is done with the army. Maybe they are going to do another shoot?

• kylebelerin

#33619442 - 2 years ago

In reply to illyria250

That's what I get for travelling 2 weeks before it, don't have time for any shows or podcasts while I'm gone, WiFi also barely works. Guess I'll just shoot for next year again. And keep my ear to the ground about any other possible stuff.

• Black_kitty2

Black_kitty2

#33625480 - 2 years ago

So... For those in the shoot, anyone have a rideshare thing figured out? I'll be staying downtown all week and was looking if anyone has an open seat or would split an Uber since I doubt the shoot will be near the convention center. 

• illyria250

#33625541 - 2 years ago

In reply to Black_kitty2 I'm willing to split!