Forums > RTX Austin 2018

Platinum Badge Holders

Posts (126)

• illyria250

illyria250 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Just a Gym Teacher

#33708342 - 1 year ago

Who among us was lucky to get Platinum this year? What are you most looking forward to? Any first timers? Past VIPs? Any questions, comments, queries post here!! I have been VIP 3 times previously and decided to give the Platinum a try, even with my lackluster experience last year.

• AreThereAnyHoles

AreThereAnyHoles FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Actual Alligator

#33708345 - 1 year ago

I just snagged Platinum! I'm crazy excited! Hoping to attend lots of panels and looking forward to the Platinum Party on Friday night!

• illyria250

illyria250 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Just a Gym Teacher

#33708349 - 1 year ago

Same! I was anxious all morning. Just saw on the Facebook RT group that one guy tried to get them at the minute mark and they were gone.

• allierenee1917

allierenee1917 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33708361 - 1 year ago

We also got Platinum! :) got two, one for the boyfriend & I. Really, really excited! Last year was our first year at RTX but we had weekend passes last year. 

• illyria250

#33708362 - 1 year ago

In reply to allierenee1917

Sweet deal. I hope you two have a great time not having to wait in line for 4 hours! lol

• allierenee1917

allierenee1917 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33708364 - 1 year ago

In reply to illyria250 LOL we did that last year with Off Topic! 

• illyria250

#33708368 - 1 year ago

In reply to allierenee1917

That was a crazy panel. I even got there 2 hours early as a VIP. Hopefully this year, there is less reserved seating for family/friends/staff. My first 2 VIP experiences I could show up 30 minutes or less for any panel and still get a great seat.

• Cookieemonster41

Cookieemonster41 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Cookiee

#33708367 - 1 year ago

my sister and i got to RTX every year (since 2013) and a friend who had VIP last year couldnt make it so they gave us their tickets last minute. Not waiting in lines and the lounge were enough to get me to spend the money on it this year! Theres a group of us that formed lat RTX that all went Plat this year (9 i think in total) and im super excited!

• grumpywinter

grumpywinter FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Sith Warlord

#33708387 - 1 year ago

Just snuck in my VIP plat, super excited.

• illyria250

#33708393 - 1 year ago

In reply to grumpywinter

Woot!

In reply to AgiantCookiee

I've been going since 2013 too!

• nerdasmic

nerdasmic FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Megan, Weaver of Tales

#33708411 - 1 year ago

Meee! first time RTX goer, and I figured I'd go all out. I hope it's worth it; nearly a grand with the conversion... holy poop. And the processing fees are murder >< 

• illyria250

#33708416 - 1 year ago

In reply to nerdasmic

Processing fees are the worst.

• KySoccerRef

KySoccerRef FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Sarcasm master

#33708440 - 1 year ago

around how much are the processing fees hitting us for this year. Lowly first member here can’t buy tickets yet. 

• Cujobearjones

Cujobearjones FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33708441 - 1 year ago

In reply to KySoccerRef

It cost me around $157 in processing fees for 2 tickets

• illyria250

#33708446 - 1 year ago

In reply to KySoccerRef

It was $78 for one.

• DamienCidrikSkorn

DamienCidrikSkorn FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33708468 - 1 year ago

I snagged one also. Pretty excited.

• JustVlad

JustVlad FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Sponsor

#33708470 - 1 year ago

Managed to snag that Plat!! 3 times VIP, so hype!

• DamienCidrikSkorn

DamienCidrikSkorn FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33708471 - 1 year ago

Don't forget to post in the hotel room share thread folks, if you are in need of a hotel room. The spreadsheet is within the thread.

• KySoccerRef

KySoccerRef FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Sarcasm master

#33708589 - 1 year ago

In reply to illyria250 wow?! So almost a regular tickets worth of processing. 

• illyria250

#33708593 - 1 year ago

In reply to KySoccerRef

Yeah, pretty unnecessary.

• deadsnake01

deadsnake01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33708595 - 1 year ago

I was able to pick up two this year. Been going since 2012, and this will be the third year in a row as VIP/Platinum though this is the first time I have someone joining me.  Each year it has always been just going solo and meeting people so slight change of pace but I am sure it will be a lot of the same. Can't wait. 

• illyria250

#33708596 - 1 year ago

In reply to deadsnake01

The real question is, will you both be bananas? 

• illyria250

#33708598 - 1 year ago

So what changes are you all looking to see compared to previous years as VIPs? I am excited they finally are giving us our own VIP attendee bags. Hoping to see some sweet swag in there. I also like that Bethany said there are less of us than last year. I think they had the number right, but didn't offer enough for that many VIPs, potentially can be that many in the future.

As for the party, I'm not gonna lie, being 29 I am looking forward to it being 18+ and more intimate than previous years. It gives me hope more of the RT staff and con guests will be out and about and not hiding in their own section.

• deadsnake01

deadsnake01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33708599 - 1 year ago

In reply to illyria250

My buddy might not know it yet but he will be getting one lol. 

• deadsnake01

#33708616 - 1 year ago

In reply to illyria250

I am definitely happy that there were less tickets sold for platinum

Seems by the speed they sold out it will be closer to 2016s numbers. Also happy about the updates to the panel seating and the VIP party going back to a smaller venue.