Forums > RTX Austin 2019

Room Share Discussion

Posts (31)

• kriss

kriss FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Community Manager

#33750767 - 6 months ago

Need roommates for the duration of RTX? Feel free to use this thread to help coordinate your hotel situation. 

• blueprotoss

blueprotoss FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33750914 - 6 months ago

Hello everyone.   I wanted to see if anyone was in the San Antonio, TX area for a ride and a room split.  The room can be in the same hotel for the con or next door to it, which in it is preferred.   Best case would be the same group for both.  This would be my 1st RTX and wanted to ask before purchasing a pass along for requesting for time off from work as it can be a nightmare to get time off.  Overall I don't mind co-ed ride and room but might as well go mostly male or all male to be safe.  Granted I'm really looking forward to meeting some new people.  Just in case I'm a con vet but haven't been to one for about 10 years.

1 reply

• ToriJCaboose

ToriJCaboose FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33752243 - 5 months ago

Hi all! My friends and I will be coming down on Tuesday the second and checking out Monday the 8th. We currently have a two Queen room at the Fairmont which is connected to the ACC. There are four of us in the room. Me and my BFF will take a bed and our friend and her husband will take the other. We are willing to shove two more people into the room to combat the cost. It's looking like if we get two more people, after fees and such, it will be around 215 a person for the week.

In case you want to know about us, I am a teacher (and will be a guardian this year) and my best friend is a Cosmetologist. My other friend works at gamestop and her husband works for the local school district. We are LGBT+ friendly! Anyone is welcome. Just let us know! 

*Spots are filled for now!! I will post again if something happens.

• bnwslayer77

bnwslayer77

#33752692 - 5 months ago

Hello i'm Brent. I work for a apartment company as a maintenance tech. They let me rent out the Corporate Suite at one of the Camdens in Austin. The apartments is Camden Lamar heights. the room is bought and paid for already. the DATE are from the 3rd to the 8th. that 5 nights of stay there. if you look it up it is about 5 miles form the ACC and a 10 min drive. not too bad. Its a 2 bed room fully furnished apartment and there is free parking. it have places to eat and bar within walking distances of it. i can have 3 others to stay there. i get the master bedroom. i get a great deal on it as it a work perk. i only ask for $100 for each person to stay there. that's only $20 a night... can't beat that. they must respect the place and the people that work there. i work for the company so i don't want any BS to go on there.  so message me if you are interested.

• JKShulenburg

JKShulenburg FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Jeffles the Great

#33752805 - 5 months ago

Hey all. I have a small AirBnB about a mile from the convention center. About a 15-20 minute walk to the convention center across the congress bridge. 

Ill offer the fold out couch in the livingroom for $40 a night to someone looking for a good dea (you get the big TV and full access to the coffee maker since I dont drink the stuff. Full kitchen too)l. I have it from the 3rd to the 8th since im there as a guardian and would prefer someone who is there that full time, but ill listen to any offers. Holla at this 28 year old architect if interested.

• DXNDXNDXN

DXNDXNDXN FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33752829 - 5 months ago

In reply to ToriJCaboose Hello, my name is Daniel and I see you're looking for an extra person to combat the price for the room of the hotel. If you and your friends are still looking to someone, I would like to volunteer as tribute.

A little bit about myself, I work in a kitchen as a lead and have been a fan on RT since 2010/2011. This will be my third(3rd) year of RTX and this will be my first(1st) of hopefully many more, year being a Guardian!

I should also arrive to Austin on Tuesday(2nd) as well.

Thank you!

• ToriJCaboose

ToriJCaboose FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33752891 - 5 months ago

In reply to DXNDXNDXN

It looks like we MAY have the spots filled but one person hasn't given me a definite. Of he says no you will be my first alternate!!

• DoubleGi

DoubleGi FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33752964 - 5 months ago

Hey everyone, I've got a room booked at the JWM for Wednesday July 3rd to Monday the 8th. Because we're gold card members at the Marriot, we get free wifi and access to a free breakfast in the mornings. There are three of us so far, my friend Corey, our mutual friend Anna, and me. We can fit one more person, as there are two queen beds and Corey and I are gonna share one. A female would be preferable, as Anna is female herself, although if a guy wants to join, we can easily move it so they'd share a bed with Corey, and Anna and I share the other.

A little bit about us, Corey is a recent graduate with a major in American Sign Language.

Anna is going to be a guardian for the second time this year, she studies editing.

I'm a animation and game development major.

There will be a fourth member with us, my service dog Kaluo, a mutt and lovable friend. So if you're allergic to dogs, this might not be best for you.

The room itself will cost about 275-300 per person, depending on the taxes.

This will be Corey and I's third RTX.

Excited to go again!

• DXNDXNDXN

DXNDXNDXN FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33753053 - 5 months ago

In reply to ToriJCaboose

Thank you for the heads up

• l0utus

l0utus

#33753725 - 5 months ago

I am a first time RTX goer and I'm looking for a place close to the convention center. I would prefer a female roommate and the cost is relatively cheap for the week. If you need more information about me, feel free to message me! Thanks! 

• xZeroPrimex

xZeroPrimex FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33755875 - 3 months ago

Hello all have a room at the Hilton Garden Inn, 2 Queen Beds with Wi-Fi, within two blocks of the convention center.  I am arriving on the 3rd and leaving on the 8th. After all the fees are added up it is just under $300 per-person (Willing to work with people). As of right now it is just me going and this will be my first RTX.

A bit about me; I am in school for Programing, I work as a QA for Microsoft Games, and I am working on developing my own games. I am also a Cosplayer, so other Cosplayers are welcome in the room. 

• TroyLacoursi

TroyLacoursi FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Slayer9632

#33756581 - 3 months ago

• TormaXimnus

TormaXimnus FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33756674 - 3 months ago

Hi all. Looking for roommates for this year's RTX. I already have spots filled out with people I roomed with last year, but some of them can't make it this year and we need to keep our numbers up to keep costs down.

The room is at the Residence Inn by Marriott for Thursday July 4th to Monday July 8th, is at the corner of 4th and Trinity, and right across those streets from the convention center. It comes with a Queen-size bed, a foldout sofa bed, a full kitchen (stove, fridge and freezer, microwave, sink, some dishes/flatware/cookware, etc), And the usual TV setup (Confirmed last year that consoles work on them). It also comes with complimentary buffet breakfast for every morning of your stay (They even let you package up some for later in a container they provide).

The per person cost varies depending on the number of people per room. Right now there's four of us each shouldering $300.00 but the cost can come down to 275 or 250 if we get one or two more people. There's plenty of floor space for mattresses or sleeping bags, and I plan on getting one myself just in case.

• Steve429

Steve429 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Aim for the flat-top

#33756715 - 3 months ago

In reply to xZeroPrimex

If you still have space, I’m interested in sharing.

• Steve429

Steve429 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Aim for the flat-top

#33756716 - 3 months ago

In reply to Steve429

Nvm, page just refreshed, and you filled the spot :/

• Koratics

Koratics

#33756750 - 3 months ago

I'm looking for a roommate if anyone's got room.

• TroyLacoursi

TroyLacoursi FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Slayer9632

#33756761 - 3 months ago

• DoubleGi

DoubleGi FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33756811 - 2 months ago

Hey everyone, still looking for one more person for the JW Marriot for RTX. It's from the 3rd to the 8th. Let me know if anyone is interested or has more questions.

• TroyLacoursi

#33756965 - 2 months ago

• BuzzDX

BuzzDX FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold I'm a Star!

#33757340 - 2 months ago

Hey everyone! I have two spots available in my room at the Hyatt Place, located a block away from the convention center. It's from Thursday to Monday (7/4 - 4/7), and $275 per person. If interested, or have any questions, please DM or e-mail me. Buzzdx@gmail.com

• TroyLacoursi

#33757499 - 2 months ago

• BuzzDX

BuzzDX FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold I'm a Star!

#33757768 - 1 month ago

Hey everyone! I still have 1 spot available for a room at the Hyatt Place, located 1 block from the convention center. July 4th-8th. DM me, or e-mail me (Buzzdx@gmail.com) if interested/have questions.

EDIT: *Spots are filled*

• grumpywinter

grumpywinter FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Sith Warlord

#33757830 - 1 month ago

Currently have two spots open on my room at the Hilton next to the ACC, it's a double bed and there is already one person in the room with me. 

I'm cool with getting 3 people total in the room, but it'll cost more per person that way, so 4 would be much more affordable.

Update, spots have been filled as of now.

• agentwashingcat

agentwashingcat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33757867 - 1 month ago

Little late to the party but me and my girlfriend have a room in the Hilton with 2 spots still available! Check in july 4th and checkout july 8th! Send me a message if you're interested!

Edit: so I'm waiting to hear from someone and someone dropped out so we have 1 space, tentatively 2 still if anyone is still looking!

2nd edit: back to looking for just 1 again haha

• TheSpringMaiden

TheSpringMaiden FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33757880 - 1 month ago

Hi all, I am from NY and due to life things my friends can no longer attend RTX, but I'd rather not eat the cost of my plane tix if I don't have to! I'm 28/f clean and neat, party friendly as long as people sleep at some point lol. i'm cosplaying at least 1 day so I will have a bit of extra stuff with me but nothing major. send me a message or email me at octaviasymphonia@gmail.com :)