Forums > RTX Austin 2019

Favorite moments from previous RTXes

Posts (8)

• kriss

kriss FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Community Manager

#33751304 - 5 months ago

I always love talking about the great moments that stay with you for years and years after RTX. What are some awesome RTX memories you have? 

• AdmiralRedbeard

AdmiralRedbeard FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33751343 - 5 months ago

my favorite moment was from my first RTX, 3 years ago, my wife and I went for our 2 year late honeymoon, and the last night at the after party at Buffalo Billards we met up with a few people we had met over the weekend. We spent all night chatting, and drinking and having fun, that we made friends for life! We have stayed in contact and planned to meet up at the next RTX. Which we did, we arrived Thursday last year and bar hopped all day then went to the charity gala that evening! We are now planning trips to meet at other Cons and once again come back to RTX this year!!! Some of the best friends I think we’ve made

• ToriJCaboose

ToriJCaboose FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33751348 - 5 months ago

Last year was my first ever RTX and I had so many great memories! One of the best, though, was getting pulled on stage during LPL! I was cosplaying as Jack, Greg Miller yelled at me, it was amazing.

• BlackPenguin

BlackPenguin FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Guardian x9; Panel Lead

#33751360 - 5 months ago

Two come to mind. The first was RTX 2011, at the Double Tree hotel. It was where most of the events were at, as well as where most of the attendees were staying. On Sunday night, it was like a huge house party. We took over most parts of the hotel. The bar, pool, lobby, patio, etc. Everywhere you looked, there was a community member. That was also the first big official community event, so it was the first time outside of the Canadian events that the community really got to put faces to names. It was like meeting the internet itself.

The second memory that stands out is RTX 2014, back when I was still a community organizer. I was at Buffalo Billiards and took a moment to just look around. Just about every community organizer, artist, or prominent community member that I could name was there. It was as if the pillars of the community were gathered in one place. There were even people I didn’t know who came up to me and said they were happy to finally meet me. The community felt very real that night.

• SSMapleCajun

SSMapleCajun

#33751595 - 5 months ago

I've never been to one personally. But I had a friend who went. So my favorite part was listening to them tell me all their stories.

And of course I enjoy all the streams.

• lexileftt

lexileftt FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold MemeQueen, VineStar, Gua

#33752758 - 5 months ago

My favorite memory was finally meeting all my friends I made through the Rooster Teeth community last year. It was like a big party all week long, making memories and inside jokes. I wouldn't trade RTX for anything.

• Lamkia

Lamkia

#33755082 - 4 months ago

My favorite moments are pretty much any time I can put a face to RT internet buddies that I had been talking to for a long time, or even a short time! It's always a magical moment when those written words sorta manifest into a real human being. Like wow you have a face and a voice? Freaky

In reply to ToriJCaboose

I didn't know you had that experience! Very cool

In reply to SSMapleCajun

Hopefully you can make it out one day c:

• ToriJCaboose

ToriJCaboose FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33755095 - 4 months ago

In reply to Lamkia it was utterly terrifying but amazing!