Forums > RTX London 2018

RTX London 2018 Community Q&A (Unofficial)

Posts (19)

• ItsMrChris

ItsMrChris FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The Rules Guy

#33702385 - 1 year ago

This thread is not official and is not authorised or backed by Rooster Teeth or Rooster Teeth UK.

This is a simple thread for people to post questions they have about the RTX London 2018 event or anything else relevant. 

Feel free to ask about the convention, local area, transport, hotels, other information you need. The community will answer what we can.

FAQ

Where can I get Tickets/When are tickets available?

Tickets will go on sale on April 23rd for RT Box Members, April 25th for FIRST members, and April 27th for the General Public. You find more information on tickets here.

What do tickets include? What makes VIP so good? How much will tickets cost?

VIP/Platinum = £385.  Weekend = £50.   Single Day = £30

Please note that these prices are for early bird and do not include fees.

You find more information on tickets here.

I'm not from the UK/Ireland, can I still attend?

Yes! Just make sure you have everything in order to legally visit the UK. Here is some information.

How do I apply to be a guardian?

Sorry but Guardian applications have closed.

I'm going to RTX Alone, where can I make friends?

The RTX London Loners Facebook Page.

• fredblogges55

fredblogges55

#33702493 - 1 year ago

Do you guys have a ticket release date yet? Need to put that in my calendar.

• Tudor

Tudor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RTUK Fireteam

#33702508 - 1 year ago

In reply to SamUK

As mentioned in the OP, this is an unofficial Q&A thread. Best bet for knowing when tickets go live is to follow RoosterTeeth and RTXEvent on Twitter, or regularly checking http://rtxlondon.com/

That said, successful Guardian applicants will be notified before tickets go on sale. So my personal theory is late March / early April for tickets.

• Boomer

Boomer FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RTX London Head Guardian

#33702510 - 1 year ago

I've put this forum on watch, and will follow up with the RTX events team whenever possible.

• ItsMrChris

ItsMrChris FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The Rules Guy

#33702595 - 1 year ago

In reply to SamUK They will announce the ticket release date, and any other relevant information for tickets, before they go live. So you won't be caught unaware and racing to get tickets.

• simonoram007

simonoram007 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33702617 - 1 year ago

Hey all, have guardian applications already opened for RTX London?

• H4R81N63R

H4R81N63R FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33702620 - 1 year ago

In reply to simonoram007

"2018 RTX London Guardian application submission period is from February 6 - March 6, 2018, at 11:59 GMT." at rtxlondon.com

Link to application form

• rachelbloom

rachelbloom FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Fluffy Star

#33703205 - 1 year ago

Hey so um, as someone who has severe anxiety and has dreamed of going to rtx for 5 years and havent been able to (due anxiety and other reasons), can anyone (preverably people who also have bad anxiety and struggle doing Anything) tell me what last years rtxlondon was like? 

If you have bad anxiety and still managed to go to rtxlondon, is there anything you can say thatll help reassure me?

Like i said, ive wanted to go to rtx for years and now i finally can go but my anxiety is really holding me back. im planning on only going for one day because thats as much as i can handle at the moment

• ItsMrChris

#33703232 - 1 year ago

In reply to rachelbloom

Hey Rachel.

Personally I do not have severe anxiety, but I do have it. Enough to where I've skipped events before but RTX London was something I couldn't miss.

Going alone, I was scared as hell. Especially since I was having to fly and travel alone for the first time.

When I arrived in London on the Friday, I went to the convention centre to see what it was like as I knew this would make me feel more comfortable the next day when I was actually there with all the people.

When the convention start, I will admit the convention floor was very crowded. When going to booths I had to move between other walkers or people who had to park them self right in the middle of the path. It made me nervous about hitting people, or getting knocked over myself (not very big), but after a while I got used to it. I would wear my headphones nearly all the time and listen to music or podcasts which I found helped.

Panels and Lines I didn't talk to people as this is something I can't do. So again my headphones helped a lot. I also had my Kindle for reading, but if you can talk to people, you'll be fine.

For the nights, I had talked to some people before the con and we had drinks together. Alcohol helps....a lot (in my case).

Last year I setup a group chat for many of us travelling to RTX London alone. If you happen to be going alone, you're free to join us. Talking to these people ahead of time helped me a lot as it meant I had someone to message if I needed help or just didn't want to be alone. 

I do think being from a much smaller place (Belfast) made it worse for me. Over here conventions are A LOT smaller, like maybe 1000 people at max, so coming to RTX with 15,000 people was insane to me.

Something important to remember is that nearly every single person there can be your friend. You have something in common with 99% of the people attending. There will always be a guardian or another attendee there to help you with whatever you need.

Hope this helped even the slightest, and if there is anything else you need to ask or need help with, feel free!

• Makster

Makster

#33703938 - 1 year ago

There was a quiet room situated between the registration and exhibition hall for people that get overwhelmed. Guardians are present like every other step or at least eye sight so you can always request their assistance

• valentinaah5613

valentinaah5613

#33705848 - 1 year ago

Hi I'm from Italy and I just wanted to ask if I could get the tickets from here. If so how? Through email or the website?

• ItsMrChris

#33705893 - 1 year ago

In reply to valentinaah5613

Tickets are not yet released. They will be sold through an external site which you will receive an email to when they are live. Keep an eye on Rooster Teeths Twitter for updates on this.

• valentinaah5613

valentinaah5613

#33706160 - 1 year ago

In reply to ItsMrChris

But I can buy them from Italy right? 

Thank you ^^

• ItsMrChris

#33706207 - 1 year ago

In reply to valentinaah5613

Yes you will be able to.

• valentinaah5613

valentinaah5613

#33706243 - 1 year ago

In reply to ItsMrChris

Perfect thank you so much 

• Bad_Bats

Bad_Bats

#33716464 - 1 year ago

do we know who is going to be there on which days?

• ItsMrChris

#33716469 - 1 year ago

In reply to Bad_Bats

Not yet. That information will start being revealed from early Summer.

Whoever is there will likely be better on both days though.

• StryfeRyder

StryfeRyder

#33718324 - 1 year ago

Did anyone get their First or Double Gold codes for tickets yet? I've got my little gold star, but I got the pre-public code for Sydney last fall and never got one for RTX Austin or London. I've already booked my flight and hotel so if I don't get a  RTX London ticket I will die of eternal sadness. 

• Tudor

Tudor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold RTUK Fireteam

#33718362 - 1 year ago

In reply to StryfeRyder

Codes will be sent out tomorrow for RTX London, and Bethany had said in her post that if you don't receive it by the evening of the 19th, then to contact FIRSTsupport [@] roosterteeth [.] com