Forums > RVB TO

RvBTO Feedback Forum

Posts (20)

• BigNiceJohn

BigNiceJohn

#30995817 - 9 years ago

Well thanks you all for attending, we hope to see you again next year.

Thinking of next year, though, we are always looking to improve, and while we may not do anything about your suggestions, we will listen to them, if nothing else.

Personally, I'd like you guys to be as critical as possible, and really let us know what you think we could have done better.

Please note; NO RVBTO STAFF WILL RESPOND TO YOUR ISSUES HERE. This is just a place to let us know what we got wrong and what we got right.

• LuffyMugen

LuffyMugen

#30995818 - 9 years ago

In reply to BigNiceJohn, #1:

The venue for Saturday morning was not very well ventilated, which caused it to be very warm and uncomfortable for some people. I know me personally I sat outside and missed Q&A.

That's my two cents, other than that, everything else was awesome, though I was sad about not getting all of queens park to ourselves.

• Loredo85

Loredo85

#30995819 - 9 years ago

Keep Friday as an official day for future RvbTOs.

It makes the RvBTO weekend flow better, in my humble opinion.

• Toku

Toku

#30995820 - 9 years ago

i was disappointed we didn't get the whole of queens park for the BBQ and CTF, I loved the games and the icebreakers although they were a bit short so i didn't really get to know much about others and only the first game actually broke the ice since i only learned they're names.

I loved the Q&A and the ram and the rye was just about the best part of RvBTO for me. The hosting was also awesome

• Cheshire_Cat

Cheshire_Cat Registration Team Lead

#30995821 - 9 years ago

Great event as always.. just a few small suggestions:

As mentioned:

Organizing something for Friday evening is super beneficial - most people are in town by then, but most of us don't know our way in downtown Toronto very well and having a place we know we can all show up and find fellow RVB TOers is really great. Even if it's just picking a place big enough (and hopefully ventilated/ac'd enough) for our group to meet up and kick off the event.

Screening venues - space seemed to be an issue this year as there was not a ton of extra room and definitely not enough seating for everyone - also (as mentioned) it was getting pretty stuffy in there as it was not air conditioned or ventilated.

The Ram is excellent as always - I love that they open it up for us and that it's just RvB folks who get admitted.. it feels like a family atmosphere, and people are comfortable enough to leave things like cameras just sitting around, because they don't have to worry that random strangers are going to grab their stuff.
    The only down side on the Ram this year was that we had to wait for an hour and a bit to get in there from the end of the Q&A.. it would have been really nice if we could have just walked in to the Ram and been able to settle.

Sunday events - it always seems like the BBQ/Park event kicks off kinda late in the day.. if we could get going around 11 or 12 we could spend more time together, and folks who have later afternoon flights might be able to make it out to the Park. Also if we start that earlier, perhaps we could have the farewell dinner earlier also.. The first few years I couldn't attend it because it didn't start till 7 and I would still have a fairly long drive home to make with work the next day. The dinner is a great event and perhaps more folks would come if there wasn't such a long gap of time until we got there.

Just my 2 cents.

Merci!

- Cat

• AwkwardHugs

AwkwardHugs

#30995822 - 9 years ago

First off, this was my first RvBTO and it was a heck of a time. I was really overwhelmed by how many Americans showed up, which was great. The BYOB and Mini Stick tournament were really well done with the people running the events, and the people playing along as well. The Ram and the Rye (?) was an excellent after party, and nice to see even the minors be able to participate in games and the general chit chat. The only pointer I have would be the venue for the BBQ. Queens Park is huge, and I might have been one of the few to enjoy the music in the background, but I would suggest an actually football field, or a soccer field because that way there would be no other walkers, runners etc in our way during CTF. But, an overall excellent weekend, props to the staff of RvBTO and for the bartenders at the Ram.

• MildGrooveOn

MildGrooveOn

#30995823 - 9 years ago

Guys, it was fantastic.

Just bring back the third day. <3

• Blue_Team

Blue_Team FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold VGHS

#30995824 - 9 years ago

I thought this year was awesome, even better than last year. One of the things I didn't like was that it was only for two days, I think Loredo85 and Chesire_Cat had a good idea by keeping friday as an official day. Since I was still a little slow on talking to people on Saturday morning by the time I was comfortable hanging out with everyone it was already Sunday and we were all leaving.

Another thing I didn't like, although I don't think you guys could have done anything about it which is cool, was the other event going on preventing a 3-way CTF game and not being able to have a real BBQ.

Other than that RVB TO was great thanks to the Staff and Members!

• Lukie

Lukie

#30995826 - 9 years ago

In reply to BigNiceJohn, #1:

Alternatively, you can also email us at info@rvbto.ca.

• DiMono

DiMono FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold It's Back Baby!

#30995827 - 9 years ago

Only thing missing was a barbecue permit for Sunday. Other than probably needing bigger venues for next year, everything else was perfect IMO.

• Baraxis

Baraxis

#30995828 - 9 years ago

In reply to DiMono, #11:

Other than probably needing bigger venues for next year.

Ram is a fine size... Perfect, in fact.

• Abandoned

Abandoned

#30995829 - 9 years ago

he meant for the saturday day event

• RoadBlock

RoadBlock FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold DONGS

#30995830 - 9 years ago

I would also love for the Saturday event to be at a bigger venue. Also, if y'all liked the board game deal, we could benefit from more room with more tables teaching and playing more games.

• PreacherPain

PreacherPain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#30995831 - 9 years ago

For me, the ice breaker games could of been better. Maybe if everyone had a chance to answer a set of questions. Things like name, username, where are you from, how long ago did you join/start watching RvB, past memories. It may take a little bit longer but there seemed to be extra time between scheduled things anyway.

• Pianofingers

Pianofingers

#30995832 - 9 years ago

1st timer here, and I totally agree with PreacherPain, but I must also say that the whole weekend blew my mind. It was absolutely awesome to meet all those people, and I can't wait for next year.
    I also agree with Cheshire_Cat in that Sunday could start earlier (although I understand that some people were still working off major hangovers lol. A few more events on Sunday would be nice too, although playing frisbee in a huge circle was super fun haha!

• Visceral

Visceral

#30995833 - 9 years ago

1st timer, I was actually really impressed with the organization and flow of things. I agree with a comment from above that Saturday was kind of slow going at first socially, and by Sunday everything felt like it was over.
    On a social note, I like many people, just didn't want it to end so an extra day would be good.
    On a technical note, during the Q&A a few table mic stands for the special guests some extra xlr cables would have been good for sound as some people in the back had a difficult time hearing. Perhaps a slightly bigger room as well.
    Staff and scheduled events, Staff was friendly helpful and full of energy , despite how tired you may have been I really think you all did a phenomenal job. Scheduled events were at hangover friendly times cause lets face it there was a ridiculous amount of drinking the first night and the second night I think it actually got worse. (in a good way)

I had an absolute blast and I for one look forward to going again next year , only with a few extra days off from work to recover from the travel and drinking.

TO THE STAFF I LOVED EVERY MOMENT AND I THANK YOU FROM MY smiley12.gif

• Abandoned

Abandoned

#30995834 - 9 years ago

Thats one thing that is always thought of. I think at one point we considered starting early, but if we go too early, you have to wonder how many are going to sleep in from over doing things the night before or show up and just be groggy and cranky.

If you all promise to get good night sleeps, we'll see what we can do for more time haha

• Lukie

Lukie

#30995835 - 9 years ago

In reply to Abandoned, #18:

We used to have the BBQ earlier, but a lot of people were like zombies smiley1.gif

But for next year, we'll all go for a 6am run.

• RoadBlock

RoadBlock FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold DONGS

#30995836 - 9 years ago

In reply to Lukie, #19:

5K? YES.

• Specter515

Specter515 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Full spectrum gamer

#30995837 - 9 years ago

Running is not kind to me, but I'd be down for a walk.