Forums > RvB:TX

Website

Posts (17)

• CainVoorhees

CainVoorhees

#30958072 - 9 years ago

Is it just me or does anyone else think that the website could be prettied up a bit? I mean it's fine for now, but once we start attracting more attention, don't we want to look more awesome?

Or am I jumping the gun posting this?

The website's here in case you guys forgot.

• BlackPenguin

BlackPenguin FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Guardian x9; Panel Lead

#30958073 - 9 years ago

It was a first attempt at making a website, but yeah, you're right. We're totally open to getting some help with it though. We've had some people volunteer, but if any more of you want to offer your expertise, feel free to let us know.

• CainVoorhees

CainVoorhees

#30958074 - 9 years ago

I don't much about coding but I'm pretty good with photoshop so when it comes to graphics and possibly color design, I think I can whip up something that looks good when we start buckling down.

• McAwesomest

McAwesomest

#30958075 - 9 years ago

plus, if we wanted to, we could put up videos on there first, then the YT page

• CainVoorhees

CainVoorhees

#30958076 - 9 years ago

That'd be cool. I could make an epic RvBTX trailer and it'd be all cool and sheeit. Of course I would have to go over 7+ hours worth of footage first...

'cept for the last few lines. "You ever wonder why we're here?"

• SmoochedbyFire

SmoochedbyFire Glamazon Lawyer Extraord

#30958077 - 9 years ago

If you guys ever need help with any body copy or anything like that, please let me know. That is about all I can contribute to a website and I am not necessarily tech savvy, but I am a good writer. Keep me posted

• McAwesomest

McAwesomest

#30958078 - 9 years ago

In reply to TAllstun, #6:

I was thinking that we could do an epic trailer. If you wrote, someone else could film, and I could edit. Any ideas?

• David

David FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#30958079 - 9 years ago

In reply to McAwesomest, #7:

I live in Austin... if ya need a cameraman, I've got a little bit of experience filming

• McAwesomest

McAwesomest

#30958080 - 9 years ago

In reply to captianant, #8:

cool. i dont live there, but if you could do some shots that TAll could write up then dropbox em to me, i could edit them

• SmoochedbyFire

SmoochedbyFire Glamazon Lawyer Extraord

#30958081 - 9 years ago

Well, most of my experience is with body text, but I suppose I could try to work something up for a trailer. I am not necessarily artistically talented when it comes to camerawork, so if the cameraman had some shots in mind, having that as a base might help me come up with something.

• McAwesomest

McAwesomest

#30958082 - 9 years ago

In reply to TAllstun, #10:

i was thinking about a montage of some sort

• David

David FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#30958083 - 9 years ago

In reply to McAwesomest, #9:

Shots of what? Austin landmarks and whatnot?

I also do not own camera equipment but I may be able to get a friend who works in UT's RTF department let me *borrow* some

• McAwesomest

McAwesomest

#30958084 - 9 years ago

In reply to captianant, #12:

maybe a few clips of the most well known rvb lines, then some austin shtuffs as well

• DoctorBoson

DoctorBoson FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#30958085 - 9 years ago

For the trailer, I've got something:

Fade into Austin, fade to the top of the capital building, then pan down to two people standing in front of it, and facing it. You see them talking (You're filming them from behind, btw). They are in sync with the RvB audio from the first episode. You know, "Hey."
    "Yeah?"
    "You ever wonder why we're here?"
    Instantly go to black.
    Fade to RvB: TX logo. "I dunno, man. But it keeps me up at night."
    Fade to black.

You like? The people could be in normal clothes, or spray-painted master chief suits... Or it could be Gus and Geoff, if you cold get ahold of them.

Also, I'm pretty handy with photoshop and art in general. If you'd like some help getting some stuff done for the site, or try and do a collab for it, I'm all game.

• McAwesomest

McAwesomest

#30958086 - 9 years ago

I like it. I think I could do some cool stuff w/ the audio too. If you can get the thing shot, I'd edit it. But we still don't have a for sure, absolute, not gonna change logo for the event. Once we decide on that we're golden

• David

#30958087 - 9 years ago

I'm pretty sure I could get a friend to lend me his camera equipment and who knows about getting gus and geoff to come down and act for us haha, but that's a pretty funny idea

OR we could have someone in the geoff mask and find/make a gus mask for it...

• Steffie

Steffie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold AH Social

#30958088 - 9 years ago

Just to let everyone know, I'm taking over the website. It's going to look funky for a while or won't show up at all for at least the next 2 days. I'll make an announcement when it's up and running again.