Forums > RWBY

RWBY Discussion

Posts (217910)

• BenRG

BenRG FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold No Goodbyes

#33714265 - 6 months ago

In reply to AenarTenthSkraeling

He gets really down and mopey, listening to whiny, introspective music, wearing black and writing bad poetry about his sister. Salem forbade it after the first time.

• GammaEmerald

GammaEmerald

#33714377 - 5 months ago

One word: Grimmification.

• RWBY_fan01

RWBY_fan01

#33714402 - 5 months ago

Neo?

• Monotony

Monotony

#33715067 - 5 months ago

In reply to BenRG

Either that or he started spouting the Camp Camp song nonstop. A pox on any bystander's ears.

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33716565 - 5 months ago

Just noticed a cool detail. When Taiyang is teaching Yang about the values of taking an indirect approach and using your head in a fight he demonstrates by tripping Yang up while they're in struggling in a direct competition of strength. Then Yang demonstrates that she's taken his lesson to heart by tripping him while they're in another direct struggle of strength.

The cool thing about this is that we've earlier seen Pyrrha do the exact same thing with Jaune. It really drives home how she was pretty much the perfect warrior and how she earned her reputation as The Invincible Girl. Heck even the way she uses her Semblance lines up perfectly with Taiyang's philosophy of not just going for the most direct approach. Instead of just bombarding her enemies with metal which they could learn to adapt to she instead subtly uses her Semblance to make them just miss her without them even realizing that she was doing anything.

• Monotony

Monotony

#33716640 - 5 months ago

Well, she is The Great One, and she ain't called that fer nothin'.

• Splinted

Splinted

#33719550 - 5 months ago

Just a thought, but given what we know about souls, magic and tech, what counts as dead in the RWBYverse? Like in Ozpin and Oscar's situation, Oz's body is dead but his soul and contentiousness is still very much alive and fully capable in Oscar's body but will probably not be once the wizard power fully merges with Oscar's body. Would that make Ozpin alive until he fully merges? Dead? Something in between? But Ozpin is a special case, cursed by the gods and all, but what about all the soul modifying tech Atlas built? The whole point of trying to transfer Amber's aura to Pyrrha was so that even if Amber's body died the maiden power would still consider her alive because Amber's aura was now attached to Pyrrha. Would that mean enough of Amber's soul was still around that we could consider her alive in the same way Ozpin is? Or Penny, the robot with a soul. We don't know how Penny was made, if she was once human who had their soul transferred into a robotic body or if she was entirely artificial. If she was once human, did that person die when she was transferred into a robot and a new person was "born" in her place, or is she the same person in a new body with no memory of before? And if she her soul was created artificially, what are the ramifications of that? Then we have Ruby's dreams in v4e2, which seems to indicate that Ruby has some sort of connection to Pyrrha, or at least her soul. Meaning that at very least Pyrrha's soul is still kicking around somewhere. And Jaune, who has the biggest connection to Pyrrha, has a semblance that can manipulate aura. How convenient.

TL,DR: I have an existential crisis about the meaning of life, in a fictional universe. 

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33719582 - 5 months ago

In reply to Splinted

Yeah well, from what I hear it sure as hell beats the emotional response MCU fans are getting. 

It also bothers me that we have confirmation of souls in RWBY-verse but no mention on the lore or the after life? Like, if the public is largely secular and agnostic to justify the lack of conversations on the supernatural and spiritual it makes sense. The overall mystery of mankind, its history and purpose, is the driving force behind RWBY as the show begins its narration with Salem stating: "We are remnants of a forgotten past," or something along those lines. 

I think when Pyrrha's resurrection roles around we'll start to find out more. Until then I'm betting she's a hostage in Cinder's body. 

• Splinted

Splinted

#33719624 - 5 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

I've also wondered why there has never been any mention of an afterlife despite having gods and souls, but I've also seen other things that also do that. Like Dark Souls, for example has both gods and souls but the gods turn out very similar to humans with the only difference being power and souls were the fuel for that power. When some one dies, their soul survives until it is absorbed by someone else. 

Maybe in RWBY souls function similar to the lifestream in FF7 were every living thing (i.e. not grimm) draw their life from a universal pool of life energy and when they die, the energy they had returns to the pool. Kind of like the water cycle; there is always the same amount of water on the Earth just in different forms. This way you could still have gods and souls but no afterlife.  

• RWBY_fan01

RWBY_fan01

#33720505 - 4 months ago

Is anyone else counting the days for the next Volume of RWBY?

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33720542 - 4 months ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

Not literally but I am really looking forward to it. But between RvB, Camp Camp, Nomad of Nowhere, RWBY Chibi and Gen: Lock there's a lot of shows we have to get through before its time so I don't see a point in tracking the days.

• lena27

lena27

#33721033 - 4 months ago

In reply to RWBY_fan01

Once they announce an actual date, I usually check up on the Tumblr account that has the RWBY off season count down for the next premiere every once in a while. Until then, don't really see the point.

• BenRG

BenRG FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold No Goodbyes

#33721178 - 4 months ago

So: Opinion time. Will volume 6 start with the team on the road to Atlas or will there be several episodes centred on the clean-up in Haven and Team RWBY getting over how much all four of them have been changed by the six months or so they've spent apart?

I, for one, really hope it is the latter. Weiss being more humble (having been felt the brunt of the Schnee family's general nastiness in a way she probably never has before). Ruby being more focussed and training harder (although Yang wonders if it might have something to do with the farm boy doing the training). Yang being sadder and more mature. Finally Blake having finally confronted and transcended her past being more determined to live and enjoy it.

• AenarTenthSkraeling

#33721184 - 4 months ago

In reply to BenRG

I really hope that getting to Atlas will take some time. I want to actually see Mistral before we leave it for good. Have some ninja attacks, show the criminal underworld, show a bit of the culture, have JNR visit Pyrrha's family, show Yang training at a dojo and maybe buying some Dust booze to get an edge in combat, maybe have Salem send Goliaths towards Mistral to pressure the heroes into leaving and have the Mistral council forcibly take over SDC mines in Anima because they don't feel confident in fending of Goliath attacks with the current Dust shortage, show Qrow gathering information in the criminal underworld and crushing his opponents in gambling thanks to his Semblance giving them bad luck, have the team take a train to Windpath and have the train be attacked by Grimm/ninjas, have the team take those airships to Atlas and be attacked by Grimm/ninjas etc/whatever. 

Once the heroes leave Mistral we're probably not going to see it again until RWBY ends and a new spinoff show begins, so please flesh it out a bit more before we leave it.

• competivekid

competivekid

#33721587 - 4 months ago

I'm hoping for a canon ship will die.

Not the characters, just the relationship.

• lena27

lena27

#33723397 - 4 months ago

In reply to competivekid

Why?

• notvai4

notvai4

#33723399 - 4 months ago

In reply to competivekid

Thinks as hard as I can.

So...Blake's parents?

• competivekid

competivekid

#33723409 - 4 months ago

In reply to lena27 just my opinion 

In reply to notvai4 No

• notvai4

notvai4

#33723421 - 4 months ago

They're the only canon ship though.  yang

• lena27

lena27

#33723433 - 4 months ago

In reply to notvai4

Well there's also Black Sun. But I'd protect that ship with my life, personally.   stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes

• AenarTenthSkraeling

#33723446 - 4 months ago

In reply to lena27

If Black Sun ever gets broken up to make way for Bumblebee (or other Blake ships) I would find it hilarious if Sun is the one who breaks up with Blake, citing that he thinks they work better as friends than romantic partners. And everyone just kind of happily parts ways but still hang out on weekends to watch movies and stuff.

• lena27

lena27

#33723502 - 4 months ago

Nope. That's all I have to say. Nope nope nope.

• AenarTenthSkraeling

#33723535 - 4 months ago

In reply to lena27

Keep in mind that its a IF they break up. If

• competivekid

competivekid

#33724051 - 3 months ago

In reply to lena27

Well, I don't like the Sun/Blake pair, that is my opinion, so if Roosterteeth sticks to it then, like most things, I can't stop it.

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Mollymaukery

#33724079 - 3 months ago

That's also IF they're even dating in the first place. There's romantic attraction involved and Sun is definitey in love wih Blake, but AFAIK they've never officially became a couple, and the past season seems to have more emphasized Blake's friendship with Sun rather than any romantic tension they have. (And not in an "unrequited love" sort of way; SUN is the one putting the emphasis on their friendship because his entire character role is about emphasizing The Power of Friendship to Blake and it's been that way sonce Volume 2.)

Which I really do like. They've got a really good friendship, and if they do become a couple then I know it'll be because they're good for each other, not to fill a Love Interest Quota. And if they don't, well, they're hella good friends regardless.

Blake and Sun have a good relationship regardless of whether it's platonic or romantic, is what I'm saying.