Forums > RWBY

RWBY Discussion

Posts (217910)

• lena27

lena27

#33724123 - 2 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

Well, while I do ship em pretty hard, you've got a very good point. I think the way Sun has put emphasis on the friendship since V4 shows that he really is a nice guy. He knows that what Blake needed then was a friend and regardless of his feelings for her, he wanted to be that friend. The show kinda uses Sun for comic relief and the way he keeps his shirt open showing off his abs is kinda douchey--but we've seen it the past 2 seasons that he really is a good guy. I always suspected as much but I enjoyed seeing it play out. He's been sensitive and patient with Blake, he could tell she was scared about something but he didn't pry. She needed to focus on healing so he backed off on the romance. And more than that, when she opened up about why she ran, he was understanding, articulate and gentle while still keeping things real. Okay-- pro-Sun rant over.

• acw28

acw28

#33724136 - 2 months ago

In reply to lena27

I'm just waiting for the show to go to Vacuo and we get a lot more of Sun's backstory and learn that he was treated a lot worse than many of the main characters expected but explains how he could have become what people thought of him but instead decided rise above and prove everyone wrong.

• competivekid

competivekid

#33724140 - 2 months ago

Gods, Sun is so unbearably naive, but whatever

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33724158 - 2 months ago

In reply to competivekid

When the writer of a show calls someone a “cocky idiot” it doesn’t bold well for them.

I like Sun but I prefer BY by leaps and bounds.

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Mollymaukery

#33724159 - 2 months ago

In reply to lena27

Honestly, the most Sun line he ever spoke was "that's dumb, you shpuld always do stuff with friends" in Volume 2. That's the sort of person Sun is, deep down: a friend. He is the embodiment of the "he is shaped like a friend" meme.

In reply to tin-foilhat

And Yang was a reckless hothead, and Weiss was a prejudiced asshole, and Blake ran from her problems instead of dealing with them.

Characters have flaws and writers acknowledge those flaws. It's part of

the storytelling process.

Not that I don't enjoy Bumblebee as well, mind (though Sunnybees is my ultimate ship, because I am a "porque no los dos" kind of shipper).

• notvai4

notvai4

#33724396 - 2 months ago

My funny take on the Blake hole of romance is: I don't like Blake, and she doesn't really deserve anyone, lol. When I think of Blake, what I get is a mean, wishy-washy, selfish, poorly-put-together character, and I don't really get what anyone in or out of the show is supposed to like from her. I mean, I get what you're "supposed" to like, but not what's actually there.

But, for the sake of shipping, I go with BlackSun. It's the one I see the show pushing more than the other, I think Sun would fit Blake more with his slight differences from Yang, and Yang's my favorite character and it would be a shame to see her saddled with Blake, despite her obvious feelings.

The sad part is that there really isn't anyone else in the show to reasonably ship Yang with for me, which is sad because I do want her to be happy. Maybe if Blake can learn not to suck so much, and they take their time in mending their relationship instead of Yang just instantly accepting her back, which would be so bad for her character, then I could be okay with Bumbleby. Or they could just say "screw it" and have them immediately be together with no problems because no reason, and I'll disappointingly accept it.

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Mollymaukery

#33724532 - 2 months ago

In reply to notvai4

See, I'm literally the exact opposite. I love everything about Blake, I relate to her flaws and struggles so hard, and I ship her with everyone. (Except Adam, I don't ship anyone with Adam.)

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33724534 - 2 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

I ship Adam and a Burdizzo. 

• EvilScience

EvilScience

#33725873 - 2 months ago

Hi All, myself and a group of friends have just started a RWBY rpg campaign called RWBY Dark Genesis.

Our DM, Marcus, has created a home brew system that really captures the feel of the show. All of the players are massive fans of RWBY and we took the massively original decision to turn it into a podcast (I know, who would ever think of such a thing).

Our first episodes are dropping on 12th June on iTunes and YouTube. We’d love to hear what you think.

>https://www.facebook.com/RWBYDarkGenesis/

• TheRyderShotgun

TheRyderShotgun

#33735098 - 11 hours ago

i still live. no i wont be especially active again.

EDIT: i may have made a mistake, this thread seems to have been dead for 2 months, but i came here from my notifications