Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (85577)

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#16384409 - 5 years ago

In reply to YinToYang, #25:

I agree. I think it's important to make sure any character you make is their own independent entity, and aren't reliant on canon characters as a sort of crutch. The closest I came to violating this rule was in mentioning Gawain having met Weiss when they were little. But this was mostly to demonstrate that, like Weiss, Gawain comes from an affluent and powerful family and that the meeting had more to do with their parents coming from the same social circle. And like I said, both of them were too young to remember the meeting for it to have any meaningful impact.

• Hussein

Hussein

#16385713 - 5 years ago

In reply to jVictor, #26:

Does that include ties with ozpin as well? He isnt a main character and he id the only person Onyx actually meets. I talk on how Onyx reacts when he meets the characters but he doesnt have to actually meet them.

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#16385722 - 5 years ago

In reply to Hussein, #27:

I would suspect that Ozpin interviews a lot of prospective students. He is a headmaster of a major academy after all. Him meeting promising recruits doesn't seem that out of the ordinary, at least not to me.

• YinToYang

YinToYang

#16386387 - 5 years ago

In reply to Hussein, #27:

Those are debatable cases. Professors would often meet new students which in those cases is a technical indirect relationship because since most RWBY OC's are Hunter students they would have automatic indirect relationship with the professors that teach them. Now a personal relationship would moreso be if a professor privately trained the OC in a specific field or aspect because they see a potential in them. That would be a more showcased example of a direct relationship.

• YinToYang

YinToYang

#16393983 - 5 years ago

Just posted a journal on my page with a few interestings facts on the names of my OC team's names

• talentedcoma

talentedcoma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16397527 - 5 years ago

I am currently working on a 4 person team myself XD I just want to set them in stone. I have the written aspects of it done for 2 of the 4. I hope to get into the Artistic part soon enough. My team is in the RWBY universe, but does not directly connect to them. Going to a different School, in a different country. My team is going to be called team SOUL; Seth, Oskar, Urszula and Lyte. I want to release all 4 at once, written and artistic. Geez my inner fandom in coming out ._.

• talentedcoma

talentedcoma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#16398049 - 5 years ago

Double post idk if allowed but here is 2 of the 4 written. These 2 are my main focus, I plan on writing a Fanfic after I get every bone done in the skeleton. The skeleton being my fanfic ideas and the bones being the layout. Still undecided upon if I should merge it into the RWBY universe and connect them directly.

Chracter name:
    Seth Tysoon
    Titles:
    N/A
    Nicknames:
    Fists

Characteristics:

Race: Faunus
    Weapons: Power Gloves on each hand called "Tsuyo-sa & Supido" Which power his punches 3x greater than normal.

Chracter appearance:

Outfit: White, Black(Battle Gear); Regular N/A; School N/A
    Accessories: Topaz Earring(left human ear); Ruby Earring(left wolf ear); Engraved Heart Shapped Amethyst Necklace.
    Body Style: Tall, fit and well built.(similar to Carden)

Personal traits:

Handedness: Ambidexterity
    Complexion: Medium light skin tone
    Hair Color: Ice Blue; Wolf ears are Black
    Eye Color: Dark Blue(Right eye); Dark Green(Left eye)
    Semblance: Exceptional Strength about 4x that of a normal human. Resulting in faster and stronger punches and lifting capibilities.
    Personal Attitude: A really shy and quite person, except when defending his Faunus heritage or that of others Faunus Background. He is very quick-witted and brave, as well rather modest. Though when defending himself or others from
    bullies towards Faunus he becomes extremely aggressive often punching a wall or something. Though Lyte has a great influence on his "temper."

Professional Status:

Affiliation: Ritanence Academy
    Previous Affiliation: N/A
    Team: SOUL
    Partner(s): Lyte
    Academic Attitude: Very motivated to become a Huntsman due to the death of his parents. Wants to make the world a better place for everyone, but easier for a Faunus to live.

Personal Status:

Relative(s): All deceased*

*Though lives with Lyte and her Grandmother Uta

Chracter name:
    Lyte Shyn
    Titles:
    Nicknames:

Characteristics:

Race: Human
    Weapons: Dual sided Halberd called "KibÅ" Strangely light, but not lacking in power.

Chracter appearance:

Outfit: Silver, Black(Battle Gear); Regular N/A; School N/A
    Accessories: Black Cloak with silver trim*; Topaz Earring(right ear); Ruby Earring(right ear)
    Body Style: Tall and slender build.(similar to Pyrrha)

Personal traits:

Handedness: Right
    Complexion: Pale
    Hair Color: Black with Blue frontal Highlights
    Eye Color: Purple
    Semblance: Project a powerful protective spiritual shield, not involved with Aura.
    Personal Attitude: Extremely outgoing. Very close with Seth, often using his legs as a pillow when taking a random nap. She is a big people person and shows it by engaging in conversations, while bringing Seth into them. Deathly afraid of spiders, having seth to "get rid of it." Has a peaceful demeanor, only resorting to violence when required. Does not like when people bully Faunus because of Seth. She prevents the "racial" Faunus occurrences from getting worse by engaging Seth. Usually with a hug, as well a whisper telling "Just get over it, you are better than them."

Professional Status:

Affiliation: Ritanence Academy
    Previous Affiliation: N/A
    Team: SOUL
    Partner(s): Seth
    Academic Attitude: Over achiver, in a good way. She works extra hard, studying and practicing with every chance she has. Further aiming to her goal of becoming a Huntress for the reasons to make the world a safer place to live in.

Personal Status:

Relative(s):
    Uta(Grandmother)

*Battle Gear only

• VoshTheStampede

#16401300 - 5 years ago

In reply to talentedcoma, #32:

I'm noticing a running theme of dead parents with all of these characters. Are no parents safe in the RWBYverse?

• YinToYang

YinToYang

#16401495 - 5 years ago

In reply to jVictor, #33:

Orphans seem to be popular...

• darkdill

darkdill

#16401532 - 5 years ago

I've got another one, though it's not as complete and I kinda wrote this on the fly.

Name: Lyrica (real name unknown)

Appearance: Looks like this (I didn't draw this)
    f98fd1df9ba6bbd9b976f067111d9a7d.png
    Found here: danbooru.donmai.us/posts/933932

Weapon of Choice: Vocalizer
    A microphone that transforms into a soundblaster weapon that uses Dust to blast areas with energy. Her bodysuit is customized to amplify the effects of her weapon, emitting soundwaves that can paralyze even the strongest monsters (like Deathstalkers). Her style is not suited for melee combat, but her aura is strong at protecting her from harm. She can even use the soundwaves for mobility (dunno how that works, but whatever).

Personality: Extremely chipper, almost always seems happy. Very cheerleader-like when supporting her friends, even if it makes her look like a fool at times. Doesn't like fighting, though she'll make an exception for monsters. Behind all this, however, she feels as though she is trapped behind her virtual persona and wants to break free of her celebrity life to become a Huntress.

Aura Semblance: Echo of Emotion
    Lyrica's Aura can be projected through her voice to affect the mood of all those who hear her song. She can calm even the most unruly, or make a pacifist turn to psychotic violence (not that she would). She often uses this Semblance to raise the spirits of others, making them happier or more confident; this can be very valuable at times.

History: Born to a middle-class family, Lyrica won a singing contest as a little girl and was approached by a bigtime producer. Months later, she emerged as a singing celebrity known all across Remnant. For years, she would be touring the world, singing her tunes and passing around her vibes to others. One concert, however, was disrupted when a monster attack occurred, but the monsters were put down by Hunters and Huntresses. Indebted to the Hunters for saving both her life and the lives of her fans, Lyrica vowed to join the ranks of the Hunters when she came of age (much to the dismay of her producer).

At age 16, Lyrica held her farewell concert in Vale, bidding her stardom goodbye before a crowd of thousands and broadcast to millions. Days later, she showed up at Beacon, where her fame has made it hard for her to get around campus without being swarmed by fans.

-----

Got the idea for this while watching videos of Vocaloid. Miku is nice, but for RWBY, Megurine Luka fits more. ;)

• Hussein

Hussein

#16401559 - 5 years ago

In reply to YinToYang, #34:

It's a strange thing, however it makes sense. Dead parents give not only a darker feel to the character but also a sense that he/she has survived and is not a child to be messed with. I tried to make mine as dark as possible to really show the rigidness of the character, however I will agree that is a bit of a cheap move and gets overused, like the sad ending.

• VoshTheStampede

#16403408 - 5 years ago

In reply to Hussein, #36:

I merely used Gawain's missing mom to help explain his attitude towards women (hence why she died of an illness; nothing to take revenge against). Being raised by two world-weary warriors is bound to have an impact on your outlook. Fortunately the other characters I'm working on all have their parents safe and sound.

It's interesting though because the status of the main cast's parents are a bit up in the air. Ruby and Yang's parents are alive (though their exact relation is unknown). Weiss's father is alive, Blake's parents are MIA, Jaune's parents are alive, and Pyrrha, Lie Ren, and Nora's are unknown. It's rather remarkable how little we know.

• VoshTheStampede

#16404514 - 5 years ago

Name: Lance Corvus

Appearance: jVictor523762e0d3974.jpg

Weapon: The Double-Barrel Dust Saber: Ravenwing. Unlike the much more elegant and regal Myrtenaster, Ravenwing is a heavier down-and-dirty Dust weapon. It utilizes only two chambers, limiting it's versatility but allowing for more direct power output. Lance uses various cartridges stored in his bandolier for a variety of situations. In the gun mode these cartridges can be expended in a single powerful shot, but in saber mode they can be used to give the sword's edge enhancements that can be used over an extended period of time. Lance's 3 most preferred cartridges are the Burn Charge (firebomb/heated blade), Frost Charge (rapidly expanding icicles from point of impact/freezing blade), and Thunder Charge (EMP/Stunning Blade).

Personality: Lance is warm, spontaneous, and has a flair for the dramatic. He finds the idea of being a hero to be powerfully enticing, particularly the idea of being a famous hero. He has no problem expressing himself is very forward and vocal about his opinions. A romantic, he sees the world as a stage and his life as a performance, and as such feels that overacting is a necessity. He's all about the big speeches and witty banter, believing dialogue is just another part of the fight. Because of this, it's often easy for him to get caught up in his own hype and become distracted.

Skills: Lance is an adequate marksmen and an excellent fencer, but his main strength lies in his mobility. Lance is gifted with a natural sense of balance and spatial awareness. Topped onto this are a powerful pair of legs which allow him to leap about the battlefield with incredible speed. He also channels his leg muscles into devastating kicks when close combat is required (or Ravenwing isn't on hand).

Aura Semblance: Eyes in the Sky
    Lance's Aura maximizes the awareness of his immediate surroundings, as if he's looking at the world from the top-down. With concentration he is able to expand this view to cover a wider area. While his semblance is activated, he because incredibly hard to hit as he can see every attack coming at him from all directions.

History: Lance was born into a family of ranchers, and could ride a horse before he could walk. But even as a child he felt he was bound for a destiny beyond the ranch. He discovered that he had a knack for fighting at an early age, and among his family it was his duty to protect the ranch from bandits and cattle rustlers (whom he loved to taunt as he trounced them in fights). After most of the bandits in the area gave up and moved on to greener pastures, Lance decided to enroll himself into a proper combat school believing it to be a necessary step on the path to greatness. He graduated with good enough grades to get into Beacon. During the initiation, Lance took his time making his way to the ruins, being more interested in acquiring a partner he didn't find boring. Lance ended up being among the last group of students to reach the ruins. Resigning himself to a potentially lackluster partner, Lance was about to make his selection when the ruins came under siege by a massive pack of Beowolves. Ever the hero, Lance opted to defend the students' retreat on his own. However, he found himself joined by Gawain Grunwald, a large green-clad knight. Together the two initiates destroyed the Beowolves, recovered a relic, and returned to the Academy as partners. The rest, they say, is history.

Likes: Girls, Horseback riding, Theater, Dancing, Meeting new people

Dislikes: Prudes, Overly formal attire, Cowards and/or being called a coward

Post edited 1/07/14 1:49AM

• Hussein

Hussein

#16404829 - 5 years ago

In reply to jVictor, #38:

Do you draw these yourself? They are really good!

• VoshTheStampede

#16405387 - 5 years ago

In reply to Hussein, #39:

Yes, but they're not exactly what I would call "good". Compared to what I've seen on both this site and the likes of Deviantart, mine seem downright amateurish.

• Dust117

Dust117

#16406831 - 5 years ago

Still working on my OC team. I'll post what I have here once I finish the basics, but for now anyone who wants to know about them can look at my journals. Their names are Erich von Grimmigerstaub (or just Erich Grimdust), Eya Sinofi, Oland Flaksaw Orcyst, and Catheri Tuilda Orchist.

• Ember

Ember FoxGirl

#16407483 - 5 years ago

OCs! I have a couple.

Hunter
    -School Uniform
    -Hunter's Weapon (by delfes from rwbyforums)
    -Second Form

Shiro
    -School Uniform

They can be very fun to make, if you don't mind shifting certain character facts as you learn about Remnant.

• VoshTheStampede

#16407712 - 5 years ago

Name: Dagonet (pronounced "Day-gah-nee") Durres

Appearance: jVictor52451125cad3b.jpg

Weapon: The Rail Gauntlets: Tonnerre Brusque. These gauntlets utilize powerful pistons to increase the damage of Dagonet's punches. The pistons can be augmented with Dust in much the same manner as Lance's Ravenwing except that Dagonet has no means of launching a ranged attack. The pistons are sharpened on both ends, and can fire with just as much force through the elbow-end as they can through the fist-end.

Personality: In spite of his large size and near-perpetual scowl, Dagonet is neither mean nor hot-tempered. He's simply very shy and prefers quiet solitude to interacting with strangers (which is why he tries to dissuade them with an intimidating outward appearance). Dagonet is, in fact, quite slow to anger and is more willing to forgive and forget any transgressions rather than pursue retribution. He is of a very passive and rational mind, always trying to seek peaceful resolutions that benefit all involved. That said, he will always seek to protect his friends and innocents from immediate danger, and is no stranger to force. Dagonet is also a slave to routine, and is very uncomfortable trying new things. But, when he's forced, he's able to acclimatize to new situations relatively quickly.

Skills: Dagonet is a champion-level boxer who's skill revolves around stick-and-move and rope-a-dope tactics, wearing down his enemy until he can deliver a decisive blow. Dagonet also has preposterous endurance. It is incredibly difficult for Dagonet to get winded, even after prolonged, high-intensity exercise. In addition to his endurance Dagonet also has a steel chin. If Gawain is an unstoppable force, Dagonet is an immovable object. He can tank hits as well as, if not better than, Gawain in full armor. Both of these qualities inform his by-the-book boxing style. Dagonet doesn't risk flashy, fancy moves trying to get an early KO. He'll outlast his opponent until they're too tired to move, then take them apart with practical jabs, crosses, and hooks. Since his style is all about punching, Dagonet's legs are mostly used for just footwork, keeping him at optimal distance from his opponent and letting him channel power from his stance into his strikes. However, he's not above putting a boot into his enemy's stomach as a defensive attack to gain distance.

Aura Semblance: Beast of Burden
    Dagonet's aura exemplifies his defensive nature. Like Jaune, his aura protects him like armor (though it does not heal him). Considering that Dagonet's only means of offense is to get up-close and personal with his enemy, this is a very useful semblance to have. This semblance can also be used offensively, allowing Dagonet to punch with all of the force his muscles can muster without fear of smashing the bones in his hands to dust.

History: The son of a mechanic and a stay-at-home mom, Dagonet led a pretty unremarkable life for most of his childhood. A Vale local, Dagonet had few friends and never tried to stand out from the crowd. Then puberty hit, and it hit hard. Dagonet sprouted like a tree, and at an early age was nearly twice the size of other kids his age. This put a target on his back for every gang recruiter in the city, who saw the impressionable youth as an enforcer in the making. Fortunately, Dagonet's mother beat them to the punch and enrolled Dagonet in Signal Academy to keep him off the streets. At Signal, Dagonet perfected his fighting style and learned the value of his strength and how it could be used to help people. Upon arriving at Beacon and passing the initiation, Dagonet became the third member of team GLDN.

Likes: Comics, Painting, Video Games, Action Movies, Spicy foods

Dislikes: Crowds, Bullies, Unfamiliar locations, Trying new things

• Dust117

Dust117

#16408612 - 5 years ago

Here's what I have so far for my team. It's still in development, so it's not complete. Any and all suggestions for revising and adding to it are welcome.

Name: Erich von Grimmigerstaub

Appearance: Brown hair, burnt golden eyes.

Weapons: Blut and Drache: a triple-barrel pistol-cutlass and a sawed-off-shotgun blade. Neither transform.

Semblance: Unknown (has something to do with the mind, I am open to suggestions).

Personality: He is calm and remote. He will often shun the company of others and hates crowded places. He is only comfortable around his team. Because of his past experiences, he views the world around him as a place of both great danger and great opportunity. He is very protective of Eya, whom he views as his younger sister.

Skills: He is very adept at facing groups of enemies, as his fighting style contributes to circular-horizontal motions and attacks.

Backstory: His origin of birth is unknown. It is known that for much of his life he worked at a Schnee Dust Company mining town. He worked there until it was attacked by the White Fang. Erich fought for his life against the White Fang, and during the encounter fought against the "Fallen Angel". He used his Semblance to stabilize her mind and adopted her as his younger sister.

Dislikes: corruption, bullying

Name: Eya Sinofi

Appearance: Orange and red hair, purple fading down into sky-blue eyes.

Race: Faunus (Falcon)

Semblance: Flight

Weapon: a bow-flail. The flail form is only used when the "Fallen Angel" is released.

Skills: Aerial flight and combat.

Personality: she is very shy and secluded. She often spends time alone or with Erich. She will not talk to anybody but Erich, but even then she will only say a few quiet sentences at a time.

Backstory: She was born in a town where the Humans literally viewed Faunas as demon-spawn. Her parents, upon seeing that she was a Faunus, killed themselves so that they wouldn’t have to live with the shame of having a demon child. She was rescued by a fellow Faunus and raised in the alleys of the town. When she was six, a massive drought hit the town. A mob of Humans swept through the town, lynching and slaughtering all the Faunus they could find, believing them to be the cause of the drought. Eya managed to escape, and spent the next five years making her way to Menagerie, where she sought refuge with the White Fang. A year later, the new leaders of the White Fang began to train her for combat, realizing that she had amazing potential as a living weapon. When she refused, they broke her mind and turned her into a mindless drone, the “Fallen Angelâ€. When she is the “Fallen Angelâ€, a pitch-black aura surrounds her and she becomes a killing machine. She remained the “Fallen Angel†for two years until the attack on the Schnee Dust Company mining town where Erich used his Semblance to stabilize her mind and contain the “Fallen Angelâ€. Eya wanted to atone for what she did as the “Fallen Angel†and accompanied Erich when he went to Beacon Academy.

Dislikes: social interaction, talking, thinking, being alone, enclosed spaces, open spaces, crowded places, sunlight, darkness, Grimm, bullying, Humans, Faunus, guns, Dust, authority, animals, trees, bushes, glass, buildings, etc.

Name: Oland Flaksaw Orcyst

Appearance: Black hair with a blond streak. He wears a deep red scarf with a gold stripe at each end, an orchid combat vest with buckles across the front and a deep red under-shirt, a brown leather belt, navy blue pants loosely tucked into brown leather combat boots, and brown leather biker gloves.

Semblance: Unknown (am open to suggestions)

Weapon: Sword-bow called “Atraâ€. He rarely uses the bow form as he is unfamiliar with it.

Skills: unknown

Personality: He is very keen-eyed, calm, and intelligent. He is sometimes slow to act, but when he does act it is with extreme precision and efficiency. He acts as a guide for his sister when she is not channeling Dust, and holds her back when she tries to go into a fight she can’t win.

Backstory: unknown

Dislikes: unknown

Name: Catheri Tuilda Orcyst

Appearance: Blond hair with a black streak at the back. She has a deep red blindfold over her eyes. She wears navy-blue shorts that are tied just below the knees. She has brown leather combat boots that reach up to mid-ankle. She wears a deep red tank-top with navy-blue trim. She wears an orchid vest and skirt. She also wears a brown leather belt and brown leather arm-bands.

Semblance: Dust Channeling
    Dust channeling is pretty much what it sounds like; she can channel power from Dust and use it in her attacks. Her gauntlets incorporate Dust orbs that she draws power from. She uses this ability in hand-to-hand combat.

Weapons: two Dust gauntlets, names unknown, with spikes on the knuckle.

Skills: Even though she is blind, she sees people as figures of glowing aura 24/7, however, she can’t see anything other than that, hence why she has to be guided by Oland. When she is in the act of channeling Dust, though, she sees objects as silver outlines in a black void, allowing her to interact with objects around her during combat. This is believed to be a side-effect of her Semblance.

Personality: She is rather brash and hasty, but is very kind at heart. She often has to be held back by Oland when she wants to fight a battle she can’t win. She hates people who pick on others because they are different, and will often beat the living daylights out of bullies and thugs. She is known to do kind things for others on a daily basis.

Backstory: unknown

Dislikes: Bullies, thugs, kittens with spikes.

• Hussein

Hussein

#16411150 - 5 years ago

In reply to jVictor, #43:

Look its Megaman! nah just messsin with ya. I coulnd't help myself.

• VoshTheStampede

#16411160 - 5 years ago

In reply to Hussein, #45:

To be perfectly honest, I totally phoned him in when I first drew him. I remember thinking to myself "What color should he be? His symbol is a horse, what colors are horses? Black? Nah, Lance is black. White? Ugh, I don't to steal too much of RWBY's color scheme. Brown? Boring. Fuck it, we'll go blue!"

His last name, Durres, is the name of an Albanian city. When under Byzantine rule, the city was called Dyrrachium, which is Greek for "Bad Coastline" or "Rough Waves/Flood". Water = blue, boom. It also happened to be the site of the Battle of Dyrrachium, a medieval battle in which the Normans defeated the Byzantines after extended fighting with a sudden cavalry charge. Cavalry = horses, BOOM. Am I a genius or what?

• Hussein

Hussein

#16411203 - 5 years ago

In reply to jVictor, #37:

That goes for Weapons and Aura as well. We know so little about Dust and how its used other than that it could be used weapon ammo and that it's a valuable resource, but other than that we are completely clueless. And here we are creating characters that are based off of this very small amount of knowledge. Its a very interesting thing to be a part of. Also do we even know if every character has an Aura semblance? The only one who came out and said theirs was Pyrrha. Is it a special thing? Whats their limit? If Monty ever sees this thread (assuming he hasn't already) I'm pretty sure he would have plenty of things to say. But as YinToYang said, creating a character is a constantly revised project.

• VoshTheStampede

#16414597 - 5 years ago

In reply to Hussein, #47:

Pyrrha's tone seemed to imply that many people have semblances (citing herself, Ruby, and Weiss). I'm operating under the assumption that most, if not all, warriors utilizing auras have semblances as well. That said, it is just that: an assumption. We could be totally wrong, but them's the brakes.

That said, here's my fourth character, the final member of team GLDN.

Appearance: jVictor5242631fbee67.jpg
    jVictor52cf66e11ea8d.jpg

Weapon: The bi-sectioned Staff: Zarza. Do not let Zarza's light weight and small profile fool you, it packs a wallop. One smack from either end is enough to crack skulls, concrete, and even skulls encased in concrete. It is capable of being separated into two evenly sized batons for dual wielding. Zarza is also capable of amplifying and focusing the aura and semblance of its wielder.

Personality: Nimue is a born winner. She believes anything worth doing is also worth being the best at. She is very passionate about achieving perfection in any task she undertakes and will either explode with anger or quickly redouble her efforts if she meets with failure, sometimes both. She's been known to write off certain ventures as "useless" if she can't master them in a short time period. This attitude makes her very outgoing and determined, but also prideful and cranky. She's well educated and a cunning fighter, but not a very good team player when she's not in the lead (Gawain is very good at correcting this particular flaw).

Skills: Nimue is acrobatic and has very high agility. She would rather dodge an attack than try to block it. Her skills with Zarza, in both its staff and baton forms, are impeccable. She prides herself on the precision and speed of her strikes, and has a trail of caved-in Grim skulls as proof of her ability. For ranged attacks Nimue is a potent dust user, and Zarza allows her to focus her aura and semblance to deadly effect.

Aura Semblance: Elementary
    Nimue's aura is closely tied to her emotional state. Her semblance manifests as various elemental phenomena. When she’s angry, things tend to catch fire more easily. When she’s calm and relaxed, water runs a little faster. When she’s resolved and determined, the earth gets a little softer under her feet. When she’s happy, the air begins to rush and whip around her. Using Zarza as a focus and Dust as fuel, she can amplify and weaponize these effects. Now her anger hurls fireballs, her meditation diverts rivers, her resolve splits the ground, and her joy calls forth squalls. The more powerful the emotion she’s feeling, the more pronounced the effect. Given her temperament, fire is her weapon of choice.

History: Nimue comes from a family of doctors, lawyers, and politicians. From the day she was born she was expected to uphold the family legacy and further the influence of the Leon name. Nimue was always a smart child, and clever beyond her years. Hoping to differentiate herself from the rest of her family and demonstrate her capabilities outside the realm of academic excellence, she enrolled in combat school. Her parents were pleased, as it meant that the Leon name would gain access to yet another societal sphere. Nimue graduated with top scores and was accepted into Beacon with no fuss. Upon arrival she ended up partnered with Dagonet, whom she thought completed her combat style in addition to being compliant to her leadership. She was quite displeased upon learning that it would be Gawain and not herself as team leader, but realized that challenging either Ozpin or Gawain is a guaranteed loss, much to her frustration.

Likes: Swimming, Non-Fiction books, Being in charge, Science, Sweets

Dislikes: Waiting, Cold weather, Soda, Being cooped up

• KittyLux

KittyLux Formerly LuckyBullet

#16415515 - 5 years ago

I've had an interesting team going through my mind for a while now. First of all:

Name: Hiro Okami Tsukino (literally Grey Wolf of the Moon)
    Weapon Name: Tsuki and Hokkiba
    Weapon Type: Multi-action Dust Dagger (Hokkiba) and a Longsword/Machine Gun combo
    Specialization: Berserker/Vanguard
    Symbol Name: Lycan
    Semblance: Natural Wolf Weaponry

Personality:

Hiro is a faunus with wolf-like traits, however, unlike Velvet he escapes discrimination and instead is granted with respect due to his immense skills and intimidating appearance and semblance. Hiro along with the rest of Team HART are considered to be amongst the best of the second year's, though that standing does come with a slight air of cockiness and arrogance that manages to remain on the right sight of egotistical douchebag. Beaneth Hiro's bravado and intimidating seriousness, he is actually kind -hearted, Hiro is on of few faunus able to stand proud and as such he looks out for his fellow brethren in Beacon coming to the aid of Velvet, Blake and the other faunus students when needed. This behaviour has earned him the respect and admiration of Blake.

Hiro spends most of his downtime either recovering from his injuries following usage of his semblance oracquirng all the dust he could ever need for Hokkiba and training to perfect his dual swordsmanship. However when he does decide to wind-down he enjoys reading science fiction and will occasionally join his team in several games of sport.

His mindset is also surprisingly simplistic as far his views on relationships go. He sees most faunus as "just friends" because "A wolf just doesn't fall for a sheep" and his bond to his other two male teammates seems to stem from the fact that all three are competitive and always seem to want to not only outdo one another but the rest of the academy aswell. They also all share similar personalities in that they all possess different degrees of deserved cockiness. However he takes issue with Rubaka's yet remaining air of mysterious and distrust as well as Steele's douchebag-level of arrogance. He is perhaps closest with their only female teammate: Amber, with whom he usually enjoys what little quiet time they can muster, they spent so much time together that most joke about them being couple which both (truthfully) deny stating that it's never a good idea for two people on the same team to allow themselves to get that close.

Hiro avoids using the more flashy dust variants such as fire, ice and lightning, believing Ningenbane, Kibishibane and Kemonobane (literally Humanbane, Grimbane and Beastbane) to be far more practical and useful. His fourth slot is almost never used, and has never been used outside of HART's view. Some at the academy believe it be a dust variant that targets faunus weaknesses given his other three modes, however more preceptive souls might think that Hiro may enjoy using shiny trinkets and exploding toys a little more than he lets on.

Weapon and Skills

Hokkiba was Hiro first and only weapon that he's ever crafted. He believes the little dagger is the perfect weapon for him, putting him at a significant disadvantage if he so wishes to challenge himself whilst perfectly complimenting his semblances overly aggressive nature. Hokkiba's dust integration works similarly to Myrtenaster in that it uses it's hilt to store and select the dust variant to use. The daggers uses due to this dust integration are therefore almost limitless and yet Hiro wields Hokkiba like any other dagger... with extreme proficient and a desire to get as close to the enemy as possible. As previously noted Hokkiba uses the Bane variants of dust to best deal with different kinds of enemies. It is not know what these banes do exactly but it is believed that they may target something other than the person itself, possible attacking the aura or darkness that dwells within the vessel.

Tsuki is a family heirloom past down through the males of his generation. Tsuki is a fairless straight forward longsword that can take the form of a small assault rifle. Tsuki's gun form is something used rarely by Hiro but has proven lethal when it has been used. In longsword form it is just that: a longsword. However it is gives Hiro longer reach than his shiny dagger and compliments his dagger perfectly in fights where he does not intend to use his semblance.

Hiro's semblance allows hmi to temporarily transform any part of his body into that of the werewolf equivalent. These body parts take on the characters of the wolf's body part allowing him to toughen up at a moments notice as well as leap great distance and dish out a lot of damage without using an actual weapon. However the transformations as understandably painful. Whilst Hiro is perfectly fine in combat using his wolf it is believed that the regenerative capabilities of both his semblance and his aura are what keep him alive during this time. He has never entered wolf form outside of combat and certainly never used the semblance without his aura. It is believed by Ozpin that his wolf form requires his body's muscles to tear and his bones to break in order for him to take the form, and these changes are healed overly quickly by aura, therefore after combat Hiro is usually left in a lot of pain however he will recover from these quicker than most. The act of his bones breaking and his skin and muscle tearing also mean that his body has grown to be incredible tough and resiliant. Hiro has never attempted to transform his torso or his head in fear of what may happen after.

Hiro grew up only training with Hokkiba, it wasn't until his father past away that he inherited Tsuki, which he recently replaced Hokkiba with during practical lessons in order to become more proficient with the weapon. In recent weeks Hiro has challenged himself to integrate Hokkiba, Tsuki and his Semblance into his combat style aiming to become less reliant on his inner wolf to win him battles when Hokkiba is not enou

• VoshTheStampede

#16416355 - 5 years ago

In reply to LuckyBullet, #49:

How does he feel about the White Fang? I'd imagine he's not a fan.