Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (85583)

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33737019 - 10 months ago

In reply to jVictor

I feel like an psycho analyst could have a field day with the fact that you're statement combined with the comic page could be interpreted to mean that your idea of what allows someone to qualify as a "nice guy" is them simply not wanting to kill someone.

• Monodramatic

Monodramatic

#33737020 - 10 months ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety

Or maybe it was just an overreaction

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33737095 - 10 months ago

In reply to Monodramatic

Or that. But I prefer the crazy interpretation.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33737120 - 10 months ago

I think he was just trying to be patronizing again, like "don't worry little girl, I'm not going to really hurt you". Unfortunately for him, I'm not sure if Yang is going to extend the same courtesy.

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33737146 - 10 months ago

TUfxLEQ.jpg

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33737346 - 10 months ago

In reply to c4ble

Yeaaaaah. I generally don't like voicing my more negative opinions because I have become rather aware of the fact that I can almost never tell when I'm phrasing something in an offensive manner, but I have to agree with c4ble here. Firemane has shown such a small degree of improvement that I'm honestly not sure he's improved at all. His reputation for never taking anyone's advice, even when he says he will, and just making excuses instead is why I don't even bother reading any of his posts anymore. It's like the boy who cried wolf, but with OCs. "I took your advice on this one guys, I swear!" only for everyone to say he made all the mistakes everyone told him not to make last time. It's happened too many times, and I'm not wasting my time reading the work of someone who clearly cares more about getting approval from other than the quality of his work. He never seemed to grasp the concept that the best way to get approval from people around here is to stop giving a $#!t about the approval of others and start giving a $#!t about the narrative value a character possesses.

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33737367 - 10 months ago

In reply to c4ble

It's been ages, but I can once again post this gif:

DefensiveDearDungenesscrab-size_restrict

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33737522 - 10 months ago

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Mollymaukery

#33737603 - 10 months ago

That's not true. He's taken my advice, at least in regards to how he applies color theory to his character's color palettes, and he's definitely made steps in creating a wider variety of characters beyond the cookie-cutter edgelord ones he was doing when he first started out.

Maybe y'all haven't noticed, but to claim there's no improvement or intent to improve is just... wrong. He's a better creator than he was three years ago, and he'll be a better creator in three more years. Just like how my characters were better when I was 17 than when I was 14, and how they're better at 21 than 17.

(There's also the fact that maybe people are less inclined to engage in one of their hobbies if someone keeps shit-talking them for it. I wouldn't spend an hour a day on RWBY OCs for three years straight if I knew I was going to get passive-aggressived by jVic every time I posted. You can't berate someone for not putting in the effort when you go out of your way to make the thing in question as joyless as possible. I mean, maybe it's just me, but I know that I wouldn't be as enthused about creating RWBY OCs if I knew that my primary mode of sharing them was going to spend a page and a half talking smack about me as a person and creator every time I so much as breathed in the forum's general direction.)

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33737610 - 10 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

...thank you

• Malochroma

Malochroma FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Mollymaukery

#33737622 - 10 months ago

No problem. Looking back, it's kind of shameful that this thread has spent the past three years making you its punching bag, all for making the same mistakes that we all fucking made. And for what it's worth, I'm sorry I contributed to that for so long. Not my finest moment, that.

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33737626 - 10 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

I've done my fair share of harm I won't deny that will you forgive me despite my cranky personality.

• Malochroma

#33737630 - 10 months ago

If I didn't forgive you, I wouldn't be defending you. It's easy to see how much you've changed as a person over the past few years. You've definitely mellowed out.

See? Look at that! Progress and growth all around! It's great! High fives for everyone!

("Mal, are you hyperactive from caffeine?" Maayyyyyyybe?)

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33737631 - 10 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

Speaking of caffeine I got a job at a coffee shop last week.

• Malochroma

#33737633 - 10 months ago

Speaking of growth, check this shit out:

o4ZvT33.png

I just checked the imgur dates, and I've been working on this team for two years. That's insane. I've had these babies since I was still a part-timer.

In reply to FlameHaze001

Nice!

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33737634 - 10 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

I like the eyes and the outfit. 

wanna review my latest characters?

• Malochroma

#33737635 - 10 months ago

In reply to FlameHaze001

I'm actually a little busy at the moment (plus it's late o'clock at night and I gotta wake up at 6 AM tomorrow for work) but if you post 'em I can probably hit 'em up around Tuesday-ish.

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33737636 - 10 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

Luckily I have the next two days off.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33737647 - 10 months ago

Man, now I feel like getting back into my OCs myself. I know I keep saying that but never doing it, but...I swear I will...sometime...

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33737692 - 10 months ago

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33737693 - 10 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

My ocs are still a work in progress.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Slifer Mikado.

Color: Mikado yellow.

Allusions: The many-banded krait.

Team: Team SLFR (Note: pronounced as sulfur)

Organization: None.

School: Haven.

Race: Faunus.

Height: 185.42 cm.

Weight: 145 Ibs.

Symbol: a snake constricting the sun while devouring it's own tail (the image is located on my profile and can found in the images section)

Appearance: Slifer is a slender young man with short, wild turquoise hair and emerald eyes.

he wears a vibrant mikado yellow sleeveless jacket with two long thin tails hanging from the back,

With a pair of ebony black trousers held up by three cyan belts. He refuses to wear a shirt

he also wears a pair of cyan boots and two marigold gun holsters attached to the his second belt. He doesn't appear to be a faunus due to having retractable fangs.

Personality: Slifer is quite cynical and nihilistic, He has no qualms with killing innocent people if the situation calls for it. He is known to be lazy and laid back lacking any sense of justice, but he is at the same time devoted and protective of those he deems worthy of his attention. Even a little childish to the point that it makes him hard to hate. He doesn't lie or tell half truths unless he deems it necessary. He is capable of being nice or showing kindness, but often ends up being sarcastic especially when he gives advice or tries to lighten the mood.

History: Still a work in progress.

Weapon: His weapons are krait and mamba a twin pair of apache revolvers combined with karambit knives.

Semblance: He can secrete the sweat from his body as a toxic miasma to disorient or even kill his opponents if he isn't careful.

Combat Skills/Fighting Style: Hwa Rang Do mixed with vovinam and krav maga.

Trivia: His first name slifer is only temporary until I can find something more suiting.

Dislikes: He's not to fond of being punched by lilith's gauntlets. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Name: Lilith Venetian

Color: Venetian red.

Allusions: Saphir Himinn.

Organization: The nemesis foundation.

Race: Faunus.

Height: 164 cm.

Weight: 40 kg.

Symbol: A wrench and two cogs (the image is located on my profile in the images section)

Appearance: Lilith has waist length bubblegum pink hair with two black hairpieces on opposite sides of her head and green eyes resembling a crows. she wears a pair of spectacles and a venetian red high-neck sports bra underneath her hooded lab coat with a venetian red micro mini skirt with side slits

lowered enough to reveal her black underwear, and a white belt with a pair of white flat heel thigh boots.

Personality: Lilith is a rather serious and cynical with no regard for emotions, and always strives to complete her missions without fail however, she can on rare occasions be quite personable, mostly around her friends or creations. She is displayed and perceived as cranky and foul-mouthed most of the time. due to her impatient nature and short attention span and has a belief that she is intellectually superior to those around her. She also displays signs of being aware of the racism displayed to her heritage as a faunus believing that people will show prejudice against her, However, as her teammate fate points out, Lilith is a good person at heart. Also she repeatedly shows that she will only resort to mass destruction in a worst-case scenario, preferring to minimize the casualties or to not have any at all. When she's working in her lab lilith likes to play metal or screamo music at ear-shattering volume.

Weapon: Chronexia and Paradoxia a twin pair of gauntlets built by lilith to use the opponents own mass and gravity against them to push the opponent away or pull them towards the wielder, the gauntlets can also be used to deflect incoming projectiles. By overloading the gauntlets they can increase the gravity within a 3.048 meter range, however doing so will greatly injure or possibly kill the wielder.

Semblance: she can project devastating concussive shock waves which she channels through her gauntlets to minimize damage.

Combat Skills/Fighting Style: Lilith fights using a mix of kickboxing and taekwondo.

Dislikes: Loud people and her teammate slifer mikado.

Name: Fate Winters

Color: White.

Allusions: None.

Organization: Bloodhound.

Race: Human.

Height: 165 cm.

Weight: 57 kg.

Symbol: An inverted pentagram within a heart and a crucifix running through them. (Since my description isn't very good there's an image of her symbol posted on my profile)

Appearance: Fate is a fair skinned young girl with crimson hair styled into a choppy bob cut and crimson eyes in her late teens with a feminine but muscular build. Her outfit consist of a white crop top shirt and white short shorts with knee high crimson metal plated boots. She also wears a crimson long coat and an open front white skirt which end above her shins with the top tied with a crimson ribbon. She also wears crimson elbow length fingerless gloves and she had her symbol tattooed in crimson on her left thigh.

Personality: Fate has a rather mischievous personality she has a cold calculating side which can often lead to her making a blunt but accurate analysis of a person or situation. Although she generally is much calmer and more nonchalant. She is devious and manipulative picking up on subtleties about people and using them to her advantage. At times she can be very brazen and unrestrained in her actions. She may act deviously towards others but she has good intentions and means well. Fate has yet to unlock her semblance and this sometimes leads to outburst and tantrums of jealousy or frustration.

Weapon: Yaldānacht a custom built sniper rifle which can transform into a gunspear.

Semblance: Not yet unlocked for story reasons.

Combat Skills/Fighting Style: Fate learned and combined jojutsu naginatajutsu and sojutsu with 

acrobatics to create her fighting style which she named kirujutsu.

Dislikes: Being called a weeaboo and or weeboo people mocking her cooking and being on the receiving end of a prank.

Name: Rust Otokonoko.

Nickname: Rust the trap.

Color: Rust.

Allusions: Anime trope.

Team: SLFR (Note: pronounced as sulfur)

Organization: None.

Race: Human.

Height: 142cm.

Weight: 88 Ibs.

Symbol: Sword through shield with two wings (image can found on my profile in the images section)

Appearance: He has Marmalade orange eyes and shoulder length mahogany hair,

which he keeps tied back and styled into choppy twin tails with two black hair clips and bows,

as well as bangs that frame the sides of his face. He wears a mahogany vest with a rusty orange jacket consisting of two separate sleeves connected by a rusted plate at the back which covers his arms and is cut off showing his upper torso and midriff, with a ginger orange ruffled short skirt and matching skin-tight short spats underneath the skirt. He also wears a pair of mahogany pauldrons and bracers with rusty orange ballet shoes and ginger orange thigh stockings. Due to rust being petite in size and slender in figure as well his choice in fashion he is often mistaken for a young girl.

Personality: he enjoys sexually teasing and flirting with both boys and girls alike and putting them in embarrassing situations, His teasing includes appearing before his teammates half naked or even asking one of them to undress him. he tends to talk playfully even when serious, so it can be difficult to determine just how seriously he is taking things. When in combat he tends to be fairly arrogant towards his opponents often mocking or teasing them. Rust believes himself to be a princess of high esteem and usually gets upset when told otherwise. He despises the nickname rust the trap, given to him after he was exposed by a rival team on live television.

Weapon: Dornröschen and Aschenputtel a twin pair of retractable bracer mounted daggers.

Semblance: Still a work in progress.

Combat Skills/Fighting Style: Rust uses a mix sanjuro combined with ballet and acrobatics.

Dislikes: He hates being called a trap.

• Monodramatic

Monodramatic

#33737767 - 10 months ago

In reply to Malochroma

On that note, I also need to apologize. I've been here for a pretty long time now, and I've definitely begun to embrace the more toxic aspects of the community. I've just become such a hostile and negative person over time, even though I didn't start out like that at all. Things have been going on in the background, and I'm trying really hard to re-define myself lately, so I think the first step is just admitting that I've been a pretty mean lady and saying a sincere "I'm sorry". I hope you can all forgive me.

It was my birthday three days ago, so that's why I've gotten this sudden burst of maturity I think :<

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33737808 - 10 months ago

In reply to Monodramatic

I won't deny that I had a part in the hostilities will you forgive me?

In reply to c4ble

Thank you.

• RyuukoDawn

RyuukoDawn

#33737843 - 10 months ago

Character name: Rider Dawn

Preferred Name: Rider, RD

Character Type: Human

Height: 5' 5''

Appearance:

Brown Skin.

Black short-wavy hair. Dark ruby red eyes

Wears a long sleeve black hoodie with a orange short sleeve shirt, gray cargo pants with a large pocket on the right leg and black ankle-high boots. Wears custom glasses-goggles with thick black frames, and a sliver pendent with a red gem in the middle.

Armor type:
    Light metal breastplate that has to bands in the back with hooks (goes over the jacket), one red full sleeve gauntlet on the right hand and a black bracer on the left.

Weapon name(s):

Crimson Star

Weapon type:
    A dark red and gold bladed great sword with a Blade split down the middle. It doubles as a boomerang and Glider when mounter on his back. (when in boomerang from it can me mount on his back via hooks and used as a glider) Three setting are used when in boomerang form; Slice, Bash, Burn. When in Slice, it is set to cut and slash when thrown. If set in Bash the blades rotate to the dull side of the sword pointing out and can crush or smash (for maiming on people) when throw. Burn actives its flamethrower and covers the blade with intense fire. if target is hit with Crimson star while it is set to this mode they can catch on fire on be burn.

Crimson can use two settings at once -Exmp- Slice-Burn for powerful combos,. If hit while in Slice- Burn, target is slashed through with a red hot blade that can cut through almost anything quickly. When hit with Bash-Burn, target is hit with an explosion on impact. These modes can be used in bladed form as well.

(Ranged)
    Combine with a high velocity flamethrower (also shoots fireballs in short shots that explode on impact)

Semblance: Adaptation.

Rider has the ability take in and adjust to any element that he comes in contact with. In the form of dust it grants him different abilities in response to the one he uses:

Fire = Strength

Air= Lighter /jump higher

Water= Faster recovery

Lightning= Speed

Earth= Durability, etc.

He however there is a limit to how fast he can adapt to things; as well, he can not adapt to multiple things (more than 4) at once or it can cause serious damage to him

Aura amount:
    High amount due to his Semblance.

Personality: Cheerful and witty, caring. often called a dork for his odd and funny nature. Always hungry and looking to fight. wears gloves because he hates getting his hands dirty (reasons) Loves campfires and dogs. Favorite foods are anything sweet or meat.

Tends to wander off and ends up in odd places. Has a explosive temper with made fun of for his short height.

Fighting Skills:
    Martial arts Kickboxing and, swordplay, explosives expert.

Fighting style:
    Rider has high strength and flexibility that gives him an extremely unique and spastic fighting style. Combined with the largeness and weight of his weapon, Rider uses a style of gymnastics, martial arts and, swordplay together with a series of flips jumps and spins that make it hard to keep up with.

Sibling(s)/ Family
    Older Sister; Rosa - age 25

Older Brother; Reed - age 27 (missing)

Older Brother; Ronan - age - 25

Mother (Deceased)

Father (Deceased)

Backstory:
    Rider is the youngest son of the Dawn family. Coming from a long history of proud Huntsman and Huntresses, Rider wanted to take up the mantel and become a Huntsman like his father and mother. He lived in a large village on Vale with his family and was well cared for by his older siblings. His sister, Rosa was over protective of him and frown upon his wanting to become a huntsman but Rider wished to help people and thus trained everyday with his father and two brothers Reed and Ronan. Both of his brothers had great skill and ability however Rider struggle to keep up with them and grew frustrated that he would be to weak to realize his dream. One night while he was out training in secret his village came under attack. He hurried back to his home only to find it under attack by Grimm. He fought to save the people while looking for his family that had left to fight the Grimm in the village. As he fought off the monster he found his brother Reed and his father on a cliff side talking. Before Rider could get close to them , Reed stabbed his father through the heart and ran off into the night. Rider held his father until he passed before running back to find his family only to find his sister being attacked by Grimm. He blacks out from a blow to the head and when he comes to, all the Grimm were dead and his sister was safe but she was covered in blood and their mother was dead.

Years later, Rider now sets off to train a Beacon with hopes of becoming a great Huntsman but before he could get there he hear of the Attack on Beacon Tower and the city being overrun, he left to see if he could find aid in the next town when he ran in to a strange girl with Silver eyes.

Drawbacks/weakness: Rider Semblance allows him to adapt to the environment and elements that he his exposed to however it takes minute for him to readjust to anything new that is quickly introduced to him. Due to his childish nature, Rider rushes into fights and tries to go it alone at times. He looses his temper and can be put in dangerous situations because of it. Rider has high strength for someone his size, but this causes him to at times let his guard down and vulnerable to attacks.

Puns:
    "Mind if i RIDER long?"

Quotes:
    "Well then!"

"I may be short but i'm not weak."

"LESS CHATTY, MORE STABBY!!"

"Wait, so you telling me they're birds?? WHAT EGG DID YOU COME COME FROM!?? "