Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (85285)

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33739545 - 2 months ago

"I WARNED YOU ABOUT THE HAIR BRO! I TOLD YOU DOG!"

• Xuelder

Xuelder FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Some Sort of Art Boi

#33739547 - 2 months ago

In reply to jVictor

I can't tell if its her ahoge or her hands stopping the blade, but I'm good with either to be quite frank.

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33739571 - 2 months ago

In reply to Xuelder

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety

I want to remind you that Gawain planned for this (...sort of).

• Monodramatic

Monodramatic

#33739637 - 2 months ago

In reply to jVictor

Everyone has a plan until they get punched in the face.

• user-5a98361f8663d

user-5a98361f8663d

#33739676 - 2 months ago

In reply to Monodramatic

or a boot to the head.....yes i did a referents to that song

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33739693 - 2 months ago

In reply to jVictor

As they say "no plan survives contact with the enemy". And when Yang's your enemy, her fists make contact with you very regularly.

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33739720 - 2 months ago

In reply to user-5a98361f8663d

It's funny that you'd mention boots:

jYg5Kde.jpg

• user-5a98361f8663d

user-5a98361f8663d

#33739729 - 2 months ago

In reply to jVictor

welp now i have to post this link

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33739732 - 2 months ago

In reply to user-5a98361f8663d

In reply to jVictor

When I heard boot to the head, a song is not what came to mind for me. Anyone else ever heard the boot to the head will reading? Look it up on youtube, the audio alone is funny.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33740055 - 2 months ago

So for inktober, I use a dice system where, on top of the prompts I use everyday, I roll a die to see what sort of character I'll draw. Today, I rolled a 2, which meant RWBY OC! The prompt today was steampunk, so I went ahead and drew Dandy Maximus, a teacher at my Sentry Academy with no official art yet, who already had a steampunk Roman soldier look. Here's what I made!

EDIT: I'll upload any art I make after rolling "RWBY OC" onto this forum for the rest of the month :)

day4_by_animeannemarie-dcoknb5.jpg

• VoshTheStampede

#33740346 - 2 months ago

"And another one"

i0UD5Aq.jpg

• Monodramatic

Monodramatic

#33740373 - 2 months ago

In reply to jVictor

Yang looks like she's doing a Giga Drill Break in that second panel.

• VoshTheStampede

#33740673 - 2 months ago

Gawain bout to catch these hands:

OEAoWqa.jpg

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33740688 - 2 months ago

In reply to jVictor

Dude must have a $#!t ton of aura if that didn't shatter every bone in his arm!

• VoshTheStampede

#33740689 - 2 months ago

Gawain always intended to contend with Yang's semblance. Though he may not have anticipated it hurting that much.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33740690 - 2 months ago

In reply to jVictor

He must have massive muscles to hold back the punch too, or the force of the punch would still bend one or more of the joints in his arm in a direction it really should go.

• VoshTheStampede

#33740692 - 2 months ago

A lot of veterans of this thread are more than familiar with Gawain's muscles: 

9_6_by_jrvoltin-db2r4dj.jpg

• Ace-of-Rogues

#33740694 - 2 months ago

In reply to jVictor

Oh, I believe he's got massive muscles, it just occurred to me since the consequences of a massive impact, even if it can't directly damage the character, is one of those things that comics like to flip-flop on depending on what the plot requires.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33740712 - 2 months ago

In reply to jVictor

Gawain Grunwald, his sole high school hobby: arm wrestling.

• GendoGames

GendoGames

#33740759 - 2 months ago

So, here is an idea:

A sword pommel that's also a grenade (like, the very old kind you have to ignite a smol rope to get to go boom).

Yes, I do watch too many skallagrim and shadiversity videos, what's your point?

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33740762 - 2 months ago

In reply to GendoGames

1. Wouldn't that just result in the sword pommel being destroyed?

2. I have no idea what skallagrim or shadiversity videos are.

• Rakolai

Rakolai FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Huntsman

#33740843 - 2 months ago

It's a reference to an actual technique from an actual German fencing manual (MS KK5013, to be exact) which involves unscrewing the pommel of your sword and throwing it at your opponent as a distraction before moving in to finish them off.

Ms._KK5013_06r.jpg

Skallagrim and Shadiversity are Youtubers who have talked about this particular technique in their videos.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33740847 - 2 months ago

In reply to Rakolai

They'd still be cycling through a lot of sword pommels. Real tactic =/= cost efficient tactic, and while something like arrows I could see being a mass produced thing in remnant, possible just as much as bullets, I find it highly unlikely that something as situation specific as explosive sword pommels is getting mass produced, not only because it's something that's typically designed with the intent of staying attached to the sword, but also because most people probably don't lug around more than one or two swords tops, and therefor don't require multiple pommels. Not to mention the risks of trying to unscrew the pommel mid-battle. Seems like it'd be more effective to just use grenades. They're typical use means they're much more likely to be mass produced, and they don't need to be painstakingly detached from another weapon prior to use. Just pull the pin and chuck it.

EDIT: Plus, the main motive I can see for someone wanting an exploding sword pommel would be them wanting a sort of surprise, ace-up-the-sleeve maneuver. "SURPRISE! The pommel was really a bomb!" But in order for someone to make use of the explosive more than once-per-battle at most, they'd need to carry extra sword pommels, and I think it would give away any element of surprise that the pommels explode when they're getting lugged around in the same quantity and fashion as grenades. Seriously, grenades just make SO much more sense as an explosive.

• VoshTheStampede

#33740851 - 2 months ago

In reply to Rakolai

It should be pointed out that throwing your pommel is highly impractical as unscrewing a threaded pommel takes quite a bit of time. Though, unlike a grenade, after throwing a pommel you could feasibly retrieve it, provided your opponent didn't kill you while you were unscrewing it.

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33740906 - 2 months ago

If I were to pick a weapon to use as a distraction in battle I would pick either throwing knives shurikens or metsubushi eggs.