Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (85295)

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33741061 - 3 months ago

In reply to Einsight You can post pictures by right clicking the image on your profile, selecting 'copy image URL' (or whatever the equivalent is in your language) and pasting it into the text box you're commenting with here.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33741092 - 3 months ago

In reply to jVictor

I like the idea of Yang's semblance actually generating heat, and causing her to get cold when she stops it. It just seems to fit for some reason. I also find Gawain's simple "What." To be hilarious! Another great page Jvic.

• Einsight

Einsight

#33741157 - 3 months ago

this is the weapon i want opinions on. 3413602-1539680836173-BANESPAIN.png

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33741158 - 3 months ago

In reply to Einsight So...what is it, exactly? What does it do?

• Einsight

Einsight

#33741162 - 3 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie it is just a simple short sword that mechashifts into a two handed or one handed ranged weapon, this was just a concept art for a weapon that my friend piefanatic challenged me to make. and so i did. aliran kakku means rigid flow in indian and the transformation is meant to have melee capabilities even in gun-mode.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33741163 - 3 months ago

In reply to Einsight

It looks really blunt for a sword. I mean, if that's suppose to be the blade going over the barrel of the gun, then it's definitely too wide to be sharp from what I can tell. I think it'd have a better chance of working as a club than a slicing weapon. And all the thin, bent design aspects makes it look kinda fragile, like it would snap really easily.

• Einsight

Einsight

#33741164 - 3 months ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety actually, this gun is only semi-auto, and the thing is gravity fed  with the long barrel of the gun being hidden, and its actually quite made sharp because of the fact the long barrel is quite thin, so is the blade.  but i do agree it looks quite blunt so i'll have to tell piefanatic about that. he told me the sword inspiration came from Breath of the wild Legend of zelda.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33741165 - 3 months ago

In reply to Einsight

I don't speak gun terminology, so I only understood about half of what you said there. I don't know how they would have gotten inspiration for something like that from a game that doesn't have guns (unless you count the lasers the guardian enemies use, which I don't), but whatever. I'm just gonna assume it was some very roundabout logic.

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33741172 - 3 months ago

In reply to Einsight

Is that a knife coming out of the stock? Looks like it would be uncomfortable to aim...

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33741336 - 3 months ago

New Page:

hVoXpex.jpg

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33741370 - 3 months ago

In reply to Einsight  I think it works and its got a unique astetic. the main point is if you like the look and think it fits your character consept.  

In reply to GendoGames in Rwby the grenade pommel would work. the pammel could lock in place like a magazine for  a gun with a quick release. Anther idea for grenades like weapons would be have the handle full of dust so it can creates balls of dust that can be thrown. by your character.

I have an idea for a simlar weapon that use the pammel of a sword.  my idea uses a one handed arming sword where the pammels takes a magazine clip of dust or with a dust crystal in it. The sword will be paired with a small bluckler shield that contains several different types of dust when the user puts the pammel behind the shield the shield has a mechaism to remove one clip and put  a different one into the sword. 

• Einsight

Einsight

#33741388 - 3 months ago

In reply to jVictor I very much intended to make that look like some sort of stock. but i have failed miserably.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33741396 - 3 months ago

In reply to jVictor

Sassy Yang is best Yang. Really wondering what Gawain's thinking right now.

• VoshTheStampede

#33741397 - 3 months ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety

This wasn't in the dossier...

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33741408 - 3 months ago

In reply to jVictor

I don't know what a dossier is, but ok.

• VoshTheStampede

#33741410 - 3 months ago

Noun

1. a collection or file of documents on the same subject, especially a complete file containing detailed information about a person or topic.

Erina conducts very thorough research.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33741429 - 3 months ago

In reply to jVictor

Ah. That makes sense.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33741432 - 3 months ago

In reply to jVictor

Just curious, not trying to nitpick, is there canon confirmation that Yang can switch off her Semblance and retain the stored power?

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33741433 - 3 months ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

Not sure about the retaining power part, but we've seen her stop herself from using her semblance, most notably when she detached her arm when Mercury tried to grab it to stop her from jumping into the vault during the last few episodes of season 5.

• VoshTheStampede

#33741435 - 3 months ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

No there is not. Which is why Gawain is understandably surprised that she can. 

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33741489 - 3 months ago

What's up gamers, today I finally rolled RWBY OC again as subject matter for my inktober drawing. Because today's prompt was darkness, I decided to draw one of my bad guys. I've never drawn this character this close up and detailed before, so bear with me, please.

Meet Ash Tod. The personification of the fourth horseman of the apocalypse, death.

day17_by_animeannemarie-dcpotep.jpg

His scythe is made up of stolen life force. Ash's semblance lets him steal years off of the life of any organism he touches. Arguably the most dangerous of the evil team, you'll want to make sure he NEVER touches you. The entire left side of his body is painted/tattooed (still undecided here) to look skeletal. He's about as close to the Grim Reaper as you'll ever get.

• Rakolai

Rakolai FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Huntsman

#33741491 - 3 months ago

In reply to Einsight

Honestly, all you really need to do is add an additional vertical bit to the back end to give the user some place to rest their shoulder. Something like the stock of the MP5

Image result for mp5

You could achieve this by having the back-spike fold down in the middle or have a part in the center that swivels vertically when in rifle mode.

• Einsight

Einsight

#33741529 - 3 months ago

In reply to Rakolai I'll keep that in mind! now speaking of real guns...3413602-1539603780898-A-.pngraven's bandits have junky and non reliable weapons..but what happens if you mix that with a tad of fallout franchise?

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33741611 - 3 months ago

Name: Skryvaŭlieny Khan

Title: Khan Khoon Khar Jung

Race: Human

Affiliation: None

Appearance: He is of short stature, being only around five feet seven-but do not let that decieve you, for he is impressively muscled and burly for his size and age. His chest is broad, and his head large with a prominent widow's peak. His nose is flat, and his complexion yellow-brown. His hair (fashioned in a topknot) is firey red, as is his beard, although a few grey hairs have begun to set in. His almond-shaped eyes are green, like shallow pools of stagnant pond-water.

Khan is rarely seen not wearing his scarlet-red armour, made of hardened leather and iron, lanced together onto a gold filigree fabric backing. The arm protection is removed so he may draw a bow fully, and the armor is light enough as to not weigh down his horse. Personality: As a child, he could not stop others from harming and humiliating him. This feeling of powerlessness, abandonment, and the shame of turning heel and running built up a potent mix of anger and sociopathic tendencies as a child, laying the groundwork for what he would become. Years of living as an outcast on the Mistralian steppes made him yearn for stability and safety, and he saw only one way to achieve that; destroy all opponents utterly, crush them to dust so that they may never challenge him again. Only then, could true justice be served. Those who dared to resist him would have their suffering drawn out, with Skryvaŭlieny ensuring they died many times before he granted them the final release.

One may even argue that his passion for horses rivals his passion for crushing the enemy, as he took great interest in the breeding and raising of young foals, so that his cavalry (and himself) have good healthy mares for battle. Indeed, he showed more kindness to an injured horse-trying to save it, and finally granting it merciful release when all hope was lost-than he had to any person who bowed to his power.

Yet despite his genocidal attitude towards the enemy, he could show great generosity to those who knelt before him, induldging his not inconsiderate ego. He considered valor, steadfastness and loyalty to be great values, and did not discriminate between Humans and Faunas, so long as they could serve him well. Of course, one could say he did not discriminate while putting entire enemy tribes and families to the torch either.

Besides this, Khan proved himself not only to be a tough and hardy warrior, but a shrewd tactician as well, using the mobility afforded by his horsemen and knowledge of the terrain to outflank the enemy and catch them in pincer traps. Knowing full well the advantage of Aura, he insists every warrior release it and master it in order to gain an added advantage in battle. He can also be pragmatic in battle; sparing valuable enemy units such as engineers and those in the supply corps, only to have them executed once they have outlived their usefulness.

As for the Grimm, he treated them as pests and mere distractions from his true goal; creating his very own empire.

Bio: Born to a great Khan of the Ulaan Mori tribe, all was well until his 9th birthday when his father succumbed to malaria and died. Now the title of Khan fell to Skryvaŭlieny, who was but a child. His people abandoned him, led away by three generals of the old Khan, and Skryvaŭlieny wandered the steppes of Mistral with his three brothers and aging mother.

He hunted in the woods for years, slowly biding his time until he could seize the reigns of leadership from the upstart generals. But little did he know the second-eldest brother had already been promised the title of Khan by the three traitorous generals, and so one day he returned to his mother missing and the throats of the youngest two slit. Only an old blind storyteller sat there, shivering in his miserable rags. The old man told him to go to the main encampment, claiming that his remaining brother had been kidnapped. but Skryvaŭlieny was far too wily to allow himself to be drawn into a trap, for many times had he fought with his younger brother over their next actions, and had seen the resentment in his eyes.

He snuck to the outer walls, armed with only a bow, twelve arrows and a crude hunting knife. Unfortunately for him, the guards were better-equipped than he, and many had served beside his father, granting them the experience of battle. Fortunately for him, a large shipment of Dust was also coming in at the same time, and Skryvaŭlieny hid himself amongst the trail of camp followers and their children after concealing his weapons by the riverbank, leaving him with only the knife. After all, one more weak emanciated child did not make a difference.

Safely inside, he waited for nightime after the drunken revelry had subsided, leaving only a few sleepy guards behind. Forcefully conscripting many of the bastardized children to his aim, with the ever-effective threat of violence, he was able to push a cart loaded with Dust to the the three largest tents-the general's living quarters-and set the fuse alight before scarpering. The resulting explosion left behind a massive crater, and not much else. Standing in the midst of this crater, Skryvaŭlieny declared his title of Khan, and condemmed the fate of the treacherous generals as the judgement of God, taking advantage of the superstitious nature of his people. They knelt to him, and the young Khan smiled. Only one problem remained-his brother was not there. Yet the Khan knew he'd find him someday, and pay him back in kind. For now, he would be content with making the earth quiver beneath his boots.

Weapons: He is armed with two composite bows, both of laminated horn, wood, and sinew and having sixty arrows each. One is lighter and smaller, to be used from horseback and the other is heavier for dismounted use. The arrowheads are coated with a variety of Dust, and are hardened by plunging them into brine after heating.

Strapped to one thigh is his trusty scimitar, being 2.5 feet in length and having a one-handed grip. On the other thigh is a cut-down gas-operated, 7.62×39mm assault rifle with a folding stock, boasting a rate of fire of 600 rds/min. The rifle also has a 40 mm under-barrel grenade launcher, which he uses to deal with heavier opponents and fortifications.

Semblance: As his charge builds up momentum, the area around Khan becomes misty as slowy, other horsemen take shape. These ghostly specters are the spirits of his ancestors, slowly building around Khan in a tight wedge as to shield him from enemy attacks, and to cut down those who oppose him. In the most pitched of battles, eyewitnesses report a brigade at least five hundred strong red specters assailing their position, trampling defenders and cutting through soldiers like a chaff through grain.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33741615 - 3 months ago

In reply to A-Tank So his semblance gets ridiculously strong only as he builds up insane amounts of momentum? How much momentum would he need to have for the famed 500 soldiers then?