Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (85101)

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33740924 - 1 month ago

New Page:

G8DTRAt.jpg

Gawain learns something new about Yang's semblance.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33740940 - 1 month ago

In reply to Rakolai

Honestly that picture looks like a warning against trying that maneuver. Seriously, the guy trying it is about two seconds away from being shishkebabed by the other guy and on top of that he's awkwardly trying to keep a handle on both weapons with his off hand and probably about to drop one or both of them. Nothing in that picture at all inspires confidence in the usefulness of the technique.

• Rakolai

Rakolai FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Huntsman

#33740953 - 1 month ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

Oh, absolutely. Everyone that I've ever heard talk about it has only ever referred to it as something to be laughed at. The fact that this was published in an actual fighting manual makes it even more ridiculous.

• Einsight

Einsight

#33741042 - 4 weeks ago

Hello there! can i ask of an opinion for a weapon i've made for a friend? i dont really know how to put pictures here, but i uploaded them in some sort of album in my profile. the one is named kakku, blue silver and emerald, it is meant for someone named piefanatic a friend of mine. 

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33741061 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to Einsight You can post pictures by right clicking the image on your profile, selecting 'copy image URL' (or whatever the equivalent is in your language) and pasting it into the text box you're commenting with here.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33741092 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to jVictor

I like the idea of Yang's semblance actually generating heat, and causing her to get cold when she stops it. It just seems to fit for some reason. I also find Gawain's simple "What." To be hilarious! Another great page Jvic.

• Einsight

Einsight

#33741157 - 4 weeks ago

this is the weapon i want opinions on. 3413602-1539680836173-BANESPAIN.png

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33741158 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to Einsight So...what is it, exactly? What does it do?

• Einsight

Einsight

#33741162 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie it is just a simple short sword that mechashifts into a two handed or one handed ranged weapon, this was just a concept art for a weapon that my friend piefanatic challenged me to make. and so i did. aliran kakku means rigid flow in indian and the transformation is meant to have melee capabilities even in gun-mode.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33741163 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to Einsight

It looks really blunt for a sword. I mean, if that's suppose to be the blade going over the barrel of the gun, then it's definitely too wide to be sharp from what I can tell. I think it'd have a better chance of working as a club than a slicing weapon. And all the thin, bent design aspects makes it look kinda fragile, like it would snap really easily.

• Einsight

Einsight

#33741164 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety actually, this gun is only semi-auto, and the thing is gravity fed  with the long barrel of the gun being hidden, and its actually quite made sharp because of the fact the long barrel is quite thin, so is the blade.  but i do agree it looks quite blunt so i'll have to tell piefanatic about that. he told me the sword inspiration came from Breath of the wild Legend of zelda.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33741165 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to Einsight

I don't speak gun terminology, so I only understood about half of what you said there. I don't know how they would have gotten inspiration for something like that from a game that doesn't have guns (unless you count the lasers the guardian enemies use, which I don't), but whatever. I'm just gonna assume it was some very roundabout logic.

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33741172 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to Einsight

Is that a knife coming out of the stock? Looks like it would be uncomfortable to aim...

• jVictor

#33741336 - 4 weeks ago

New Page:

hVoXpex.jpg

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33741370 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to Einsight  I think it works and its got a unique astetic. the main point is if you like the look and think it fits your character consept.  

In reply to GendoGames in Rwby the grenade pommel would work. the pammel could lock in place like a magazine for  a gun with a quick release. Anther idea for grenades like weapons would be have the handle full of dust so it can creates balls of dust that can be thrown. by your character.

I have an idea for a simlar weapon that use the pammel of a sword.  my idea uses a one handed arming sword where the pammels takes a magazine clip of dust or with a dust crystal in it. The sword will be paired with a small bluckler shield that contains several different types of dust when the user puts the pammel behind the shield the shield has a mechaism to remove one clip and put  a different one into the sword. 

• Einsight

Einsight

#33741388 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to jVictor I very much intended to make that look like some sort of stock. but i have failed miserably.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33741396 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to jVictor

Sassy Yang is best Yang. Really wondering what Gawain's thinking right now.

• jVictor

#33741397 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety

This wasn't in the dossier...

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33741408 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to jVictor

I don't know what a dossier is, but ok.

• jVictor

#33741410 - 4 weeks ago

Noun

1. a collection or file of documents on the same subject, especially a complete file containing detailed information about a person or topic.

Erina conducts very thorough research.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33741429 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to jVictor

Ah. That makes sense.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33741432 - 4 weeks ago

In reply to jVictor

Just curious, not trying to nitpick, is there canon confirmation that Yang can switch off her Semblance and retain the stored power?

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33741433 - 4 weeks ago

Not sure about the retaining power part, but we've seen her stop herself from using her semblance, most notably when she detached her arm when Mercury tried to grab it to stop her from jumping into the vault during the last few episodes of season 5.

• jVictor

#33741435 - 4 weeks ago

No there is not. Which is why Gawain is understandably surprised that she can. 

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33741489 - 4 weeks ago

What's up gamers, today I finally rolled RWBY OC again as subject matter for my inktober drawing. Because today's prompt was darkness, I decided to draw one of my bad guys. I've never drawn this character this close up and detailed before, so bear with me, please.

Meet Ash Tod. The personification of the fourth horseman of the apocalypse, death.

day17_by_animeannemarie-dcpotep.jpg

His scythe is made up of stolen life force. Ash's semblance lets him steal years off of the life of any organism he touches. Arguably the most dangerous of the evil team, you'll want to make sure he NEVER touches you. The entire left side of his body is painted/tattooed (still undecided here) to look skeletal. He's about as close to the Grim Reaper as you'll ever get.