Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (85474)

• Einsight

Einsight

#33741616 - 7 months ago

In reply to A-Tank Well well, look what the wolf brought in.

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33741627 - 7 months ago

Two words: Incredibly fast. In that battle, should I choose to write it someday, I would have him circle the battlefield, striking the enemy from afar as he builds up enough momentum to get 500 ancestors by his side.

Einsight, sush.

Also, is there something wrong with the site? It the roosterteeth site seems to have disappeared, and I can only access this page through Funhaus.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33741644 - 7 months ago

In reply to A-Tank I'm not sure, but every time I open a notification about a message you sent, the site becomes fucked and loses its layout.

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33741646 - 7 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

Ok, so I'm not the only one.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33741648 - 7 months ago

In reply to jVictor Yep and it's only for A-Tank, it didn't happen when I loaded your comment just now.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33741654 - 7 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

In reply to jVictor

Same problem here, although I can't tell if it's just for one person's post, because I've only just now tried to read the new posts, and there are seven since the last time I looked.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33741657 - 7 months ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety A notification for multiple messages always links you to the first one, and since 7 messages back was another message by A-Tank, it would've linked you to that and it indeed would've fucked up. So it's all still adding up.

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33741670 - 7 months ago

In reply to A-Tank   

I have two suggestion one for the weapon and the other for the semblance

For weapons I think you got a few too many a short bow, long bow, scimitar, and assault rifle with grenade launcher. One of the thing about RWBY is the folding weapon technology instead of needing two bows a short and long you could just have a bow that changes its size depending on your needs. Since Dust can have explosive effect you don't need the grenade launcher. You could work the rifle or the scimitar into the bow or have the scimitar change into the rifle.

For the semblances creating an army of 500 riders is not the type of power you see in RWBY. Powers in RWBY help in individual combat but are not army destroying powers. Its fine to take inspiration from other places but adapted it to fit the universe of RWBY.

Here is an alternative semblances idea: use built up momentum to create clone or puppets that can then be used in combat but keep the numbers down maybe around 4 or 5.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33741671 - 7 months ago

So today, like 2 days ago, I again rolled "RWBY OC" for my inktober challenge! The prompt was 'punk', so who else could I draw but my very own Amber Hopbush! She doesn't have a bio yet, so don't go looking, but her "official" art can be found here. Without further ado! Here's my piece for today:

day19_by_animeannemarie-dcpubwc.jpg

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33741683 - 7 months ago

So i'm not the only one having issues with the site that's a relief.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33741690 - 7 months ago

They've got those "I'm not a robot" checkboxes now, so someone might be trying to screw with the site. I don't have any proof, it's just a guess, but I know things like that are done to stop people from using bots to crash a website.

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33741691 - 7 months ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

The recaptcha is likely being implemented ahead of the release of the new community site, so that (unlike last time) the new site doesn't get swarmed by bots.

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33741697 - 7 months ago

In reply to PaperGodzilla

I
     am inclined to disagree. He has those weapons not because I couldn't come up with any, but a man in his situation would not have access to the more complex weapons the Hunters use. Remember, he is around the technological level of Raven's bandits, who were using crudely-combined weaponry. And not all Dust has an explosive effect-although it has an inconsistent portrayal so I won't say much about that.

As for the semblance, you are aware that a person's Semblance does not remain at a certain level, yes? In WoR Ozpin mentions that it can become more powerful, and the 500 riders are his peak-for now. Besides, in most cavalry charges he's just have enough time to have five, maybe ten warriors. And I doubt a Semblance can be restricted to 'individual combat only'. 

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33741714 - 7 months ago

In reply to A-Tank it's your character, I have just seen this so many times before in character design, someone wants a weapon for any possibility.  They want a long range weapon a short range weapon a close in weapon, a modern weapon for rapid fire and a heavy weapon. The character would be overloaded not just physically but in design ecstatic, how would  would the character look on screen or when you drawn.   

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33741737 - 7 months ago

In reply to A-Tank

Raven's bandits. ....Because we TOTALLY got a good look at EVERYTHING their weapons DEFINITELY can and can't do. It's not like Vernal's weapon was every bit as complex as a Huntsman's weapon (I'm letting Raven herself slide because she did attend Beacon, so she could have forged it there). And dude, even if this dude is a villain, 500 riders is just overkill. I can't even VISUALIZE 500 riders. I can barely visualize 6! 500 is 10% of a Roman Cohort! When would ANYONE need that many riders for a single fight!? Or even a handful of fights!?

• VoshTheStampede

#33741741 - 7 months ago

New Page:

qQ2ZWGt.jpg

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33741749 - 7 months ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety

In reply to PaperGodzilla

I'm gonna stay out of this and let y'all handle it.

• VoshTheStampede

#33741753 - 7 months ago

Another new page:

MaLlUTI.jpg

• AutumnOnFire

AutumnOnFire FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold How may I be of service?

#33741875 - 7 months ago

It's amazing this place is still up. I was either in Grade 10 or 11 high school when I was first here. Now I'm in third year university XD good to see everyone's still around.

• VoshTheStampede

#33741929 - 7 months ago

Two new pages because who needs sleep?: 

NZoAH62.jpg

gxRnc3e.jpg

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33741992 - 7 months ago

Guess what! I rolled RWBY OC for the 'delinquent' inktober prompt today! Of course, I was a bit stuck at first, seeing as I already drew Amber (an ex-delinquent) for the 'punk' prompt a couple of days back, and I don't really have other delinquent OCs. So, I just decided to make this little comic page about her teammates realizing she has a certain leftover behaviorism from the old days...

day23_by_animeannemarie-dcq6gby.jpg

• Rakolai

Rakolai FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Huntsman

#33741996 - 7 months ago

In reply to jVictor

Someone's a fan of Goblin Slayer.

• VoshTheStampede

#33742005 - 7 months ago

In reply to Rakolai

Did someone say "gobl-"

0b86npfz32r11.jpg

• Rakolai

Rakolai FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Huntsman

#33742009 - 7 months ago

In reply to jVictor

tumblr_inline_ph2ui21YgV1wohmsj_540.gif

• VoshTheStampede

#33742011 - 7 months ago

In reply to Rakolai

There's a subtle reason that it's Gawain's left eye that glints when his dander gets up.

cmJHH9Y.jpg

rFFwLli.jpg