Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (85474)

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33742023 - 6 months ago

In reply to jVictor I simply have to ask...is Gawain a bit of a wish-fulfillment character for you? Don't take this the wrong way, I'm just curious. ;3

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33742037 - 6 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

I guess it depends on the wish. Right now I just want to draw a really cool fight before I move on to my next project. 

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33742274 - 6 months ago

So for today's inktober, I rolled RWBY OC again. And guess what? The EXACT same thing happened as with Amber. I got a prompt that only really has 1 character that fits it, but I already drew that character for another prompt. So then, have yet another comic strip. This time, it features bad guys Inka Mangel and Ash Tod. I know the punchline isn't really funny...I ran out of time today to think of something better.

day26_by_animeannemarie-dcqezby.jpg

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33742279 - 6 months ago

tfw you can't decide to use the 'cool' or 'funny' up-vote. -_-;

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33742294 - 6 months ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety Haha, thanks either way xD

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33742320 - 6 months ago

I'm still waiting on why you wanted to know if Gawain is a wish-fulfillment character.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33742356 - 6 months ago

In reply to jVictor Oh, I didn't know you asked, my b. I was just curious. There's not that much more to it tbh.

• VoshTheStampede

#33742565 - 6 months ago

Well "wish-fulfillment" is usually a negative attribute when it comes to characters, which prompted a lot of introspection from me (wherein I realized that, when you think about it, isn't every character wish fulfillment when you really think about-) Anyway here's a new page:

jthKg0N.jpg

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33742566 - 6 months ago

In reply to jVictor

Yeah, I feel there's definitely a bit of wish fulfillment in any OC and really in any character.

• VoshTheStampede

#33742567 - 6 months ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

I kind of mentioned it before, it's less about "wish fulfillment" and more about "What is the wish being fulfilled?". A lot of OC-maker wishes are kinda garbo, but at the same time a lot of them are simply "Here's a character I think would be neat if they existed in this world." 

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33742570 - 6 months ago

Name: Arum titian

color: purple

reference: the Titan Kronos

Appearance: Arum is a tall muscular man. He wears brass armor like Greek hoplite with dark purple skirt and cape. The armor is shaped like human musculature chest plate and leg guards. His helmet has a mask of what his face use to look like in his prime a man with a beard. The eye slites allow you to see his dead eye stare. Under the armor and the mask his body is scarred and mutilated.

History: Arum was a great huntsman in his time he had a drive to be the best, make a legend of himself so his name would never die. Arum fought to be the best but like all things time caught up to him his bodies natural strength faded he relied more and more on his semblance to keep his body going a peak strength. Over use of his semblance to stay off time has almost completely deteriorating his body and weakening his mind. He became an easy recruit of Salems with promise of powers to keep off death and to let his legend be remembered. Salem went thou with her promise but the result is the corruption driving Arum insane. Arum is now more monster then man his only desire to stay alive and to take life from others.

Personality: Arum was a strong and driven huntsman but vein. After his corruption Arum has become a deranged killer he is still strong and driven but now he has a desire to kill the living. His vanity is still there under the surface hence the armor the mimics his original body.

Semblance: Force of Will   Arum can control his body thou will power alone  at first  its allowed him to push his body pass normal human endurance keep pushing adrenaline when the body says stop or  push muscles past what is safe.  He can use the aura to compensate for injury and moved the body.  for example use the aura field to brace damaged limbs and then move them by moving the aura field even with muscle damage.   while aura is up he seem unstoppable when it runs out they will collapse and there body will show the damage they have taken.

Weapon corpse flower: a sickle with a cross guard above the handle. The guard folds becoming the barrel of a large caliber pistol the sickle blade then forms a knuckle guard over the grip.

note:

-The name is based on the flower titian arum also know as the corps flower.

-Kronos was king of the Titians a hero to the titans for saving them from their father but defeated by the gods his children for trying to stop his own destiny. A symbol of Kronos is the sickle.

-This villain is ment to act like a movie slasher like Jason or Micheal Myers. For a Rooster Teeth reference think of the meta from Red vs Blue.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33742572 - 6 months ago

In reply to PaperGodzilla

I just want to point out that the armor design, the mask, and the scarred face are all very reminiscent of the Fallout: New Vegas character/villain Legate Lanius. Is that deliberate or coincidence? I don't mind deliberate, but if that was the case you might want add a note about it to your list at the end. If not, then I guess that motiff is just a part of the pathology of a Greco-Roman minded psychopath.

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33742574 - 6 months ago

never played new vegas I think its the common greco roman design. my isperation was greek hoplite armor  that had muscle shaped into it and the mask was from lookig up greek mask on google.  Orginally I was trying to do the movie slasher and I wanted a mask that I hadn't seen on a movie slasher.  I found the mask and worked more on the charcher from there.  I had anther design that him wear a purple cloak or toga over the armor.

FmRxL547O8Yf39RuXAX2mghndMQTky4nnmkvuhKX

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33742585 - 6 months ago

In reply to jVictor Of course, everyone has one or more characters with wish-fulfillment attributes. I do too. I wasn't saying it as a negative thing, I was just curious how you saw it.

• Monodramatic

Monodramatic

#33742626 - 6 months ago

In reply to jVictor

My wish is to actually make characters Orz

• PerunTakashi

PerunTakashi

#33742789 - 6 months ago

Im back, and i read up, nothing has changed good god.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33742797 - 6 months ago

Nothing ever changes after all...

• Ace-of-Rogues

#33742822 - 6 months ago

In reply to PerunTakashi

RWBY... RWBY never changes.

• VoshTheStampede

#33742892 - 6 months ago

New Page, this one goes full anime:

SFVPqYU.jpg

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33742918 - 6 months ago

>mfw 

GtJxjY0.png

Sorry it just really looks like her chin is a happy smiley mouth in this shot and I can't stop laughing about it

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33742962 - 6 months ago

36a15a733c2b91e9b3bb3a745795cdfd.jpg

HAPPY HALLOWEEN !!!

• VoshTheStampede

#33742997 - 6 months ago

Alright, so I tried this after RTX and it didn't fly because no one knew what I was talking about, but now Amity Arena is out, so I want to try again.

So, as an OC prompt, what would an Amity Arena card of your OC look like? I want to know:

-Rarity (rare or epic since they'd be "hero" characters)

-Cost

-Ability (either passive, an ability as they attack, drop, an ability as you play them, or active, an ability you activate)

-Drop quote (what they say when you play them)

If you're REALLY into the game you can also calculate their lvl 1 stats, but I'll just settle for the above for now as well as their general role. So how would your OCs play?

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33743002 - 6 months ago

In reply to jVictor

I can't participate in this prompt because I have literally no idea what you're talking about, so I'm going to give a second prompt for the people in the same boat as me. If you had to describe your OC in a single sentence or phrase, what would it be? I'm going be using the SIN-dicate members I've managed to create for the Atlas branch to answer this one (probably gonna make more members for the branch at a later date, but these are the only ones I've got so far, and I really like them and want to give them a little attention).

Carmine Claret: Sassy yet classy.
    Sukari Kukimbilia: Life of the party.
    Avaro Engracia: "Unique" (and un-popular) romantic philosophy.

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33743004 - 6 months ago

• Ace-of-Rogues

#33743009 - 6 months ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety

Since I'm a terrible person I'm going to drop some teasers for my new team, Team ROUG (rouge):

Robert Dredd: A raging tempest with a surprisingly calm center.

Olivia Corvid: A free-flying bird trapped in a cage of memories and regrets.

Umber Cheval: A warm heart with burning passion.

Garnet Trueheart: A gentle soul burdened by an immense power.

I'm hoping to have Robert wrapped up and ready to post on Saturday, but I don't have a great deal of writing time anymore so I sadly can't make any promises. I'll do my best to finish everyone up and get their profiles up soon.

Edit: Decided to add quotes for Bennu and Jack although their team has been indefinitely tabled (I kept thinking of new things I wanted to add and was making everything too complicated, gonna let that one cool off for a while)

Bennu Huma: A bright beacon in a dark world.

Jack Noir: Masterful on the battlefield, fearsome at the games table.