Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (85531)

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33745467 - 7 months ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety I think option 3 is definitely too much. If I had to choose, I'd lean towards option 1.

• GrumpSupport

GrumpSupport FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Artsy Boi

#33745474 - 7 months ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety

Want help illustrating them maybe? I might be able to help you get some of the thought squared away if you'd like

In reply to jVictor

I actually think that's super cool lol I am now gay for Sugar Sweet.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33745476 - 7 months ago

In reply to GrumpSupport

Appreciate the offer, but I typically don't illustrate stuff for my characters (regulars of the forum have heard me complain numerous times that I can't draw to save my life). I have a vague idea for the aesthetic of the weapon (the previously mentioned Tron-esque style of mostly black with glowing, brightly colors highlights). I'm also considering making hard light (the thing Velvet's copy weapons seem to be made of) a factor in the design, but I'm not 100% sure yet. It's more a matter of perfecting my mental image of the weapon transformation.

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33745482 - 7 months ago

Gawain is strong:

2fkk9tO.jpg

PV067T4.jpg

• GrumpSupport

GrumpSupport FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Artsy Boi

#33745483 - 7 months ago

Alrighty. If you want me to illustrated it at any time in the future, let me know ^^

• GrumpSupport

#33745484 - 7 months ago

We should make discord for this thread...

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33745485 - 7 months ago

In reply to GrumpSupport

There actually was one a long time ago. But unfortunately it doesn't see a lot of activity.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33745489 - 7 months ago

In reply to GrumpSupport

Again, appreciate the offer, but I'd feel bad just accepting a handout piece of art. And with the holidays coming up, I'm probably not gonna be putting money towards commissions for a while. Plus I've got a friend with a drawing style that I really like, and I'm hoping to eventual commission her for art of most of my characters already. ...If she's ever in the mood for RWBY art again that is (she's kinda got thing thing of needing to be in the zone to work on characters for a specific series, and she's kinda been on a Homestuck kick for a while now).

• Monodramatic

Monodramatic

#33745499 - 7 months ago

We've come a long way from the days when newbies would join the thread expecting free art for their OCs, huh?

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33745500 - 7 months ago

In reply to Monodramatic Bruh. Or just straight up stealing it from Google without giving credit and being like 'yeah this is mine'.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33745558 - 7 months ago

So after seeing volume 6 episode 3, I have a theory related to dust. I know this is more of a generic thing than an OC thing, but I wanted to share it here because 1. for all I know I may use it as inspiration at some point, and 2. maybe someone here could use this theory as inspiration. I'll keep the whole thing in a spoiler cover in case anyone here has gotten around to watching the episode yet. That being said, here's my theory:

In my mind, dust has always seemed like the coal of Remnant. It's a mineral that's mined, used as a very common power source, and has very large corporations that control it. Additionally, in the WOR on the Schnee dust company, we learned that working in a dust mine can result in long term health problems, much like working in a coal mine can result in life long lung problems. Based on what we saw in volume 6 episode 3, it seems like dust wasn't around when humanity had magic. Which makes sense. You wouldn't really need a crystal that gives you one type of magic when you already have magic powers in general. But here's where my theory comes in. Coal is a non-renewable resource because it's formed from decayed animal matter.

What if dust is more like coal than I originally thought? What if, after the god of darkness wiped out humanity 1.0, the ashes they seemed to be turned into eventually formed into the dust in modern day remnant? In the WOR on Dust, Salem says "Dust: by definition it is a naturally occurring energy propellant that can be triggered by the aura of humans and faunas. But in reality it is much, much more.". If Ozpin can retain his magic after reincarnation, and Salem got to keep her magic even though the gods wanted to punish her, and their kids could inherit magic even though they didn't exist until after the "blessing of the gods" that supposedly granted humans magic in the first place was taken away, I can believe that the magic possessed by the OG humans was passed down to the dust that their ashes formed, even if it is only one type of magic per crystal. It would also explain why the aura of humans and faunas can trigger dust. It makes sense to me that a crystal that has magic because it's made from the ashes of people that once possessed magic would be triggered by the same race the crystal once was (and faunas are so close to being human the crystals probably just don't notice a difference).

Magic has been stated to be tied to the soul after all. Ozpin's magic travels with him from life to life because their souls become intertwined, and Ozpin, Ironwood, Glynda and Qrow all thought they might be able to transfer Amber's maiden powers to Pyhra by giving her Amber's aura, which is essentially her soul. So humans with magic tied to their souls get turned to ash, those ashes eventually turn into magic crystals, and the magic of those crystals is triggered by the souls of other humans. I just feel like this makes a little too much sense to be coincidence. If the show decides to go a different way with it, and their idea is still interesting, I'm willing to drop this theory, but right now, I feel like it just fits together too well!

TL;DR: DUST. IS. PEOPLE!

• VoshTheStampede

#33745563 - 7 months ago

gd60qB5.jpg

• GrumpSupport

#33745578 - 7 months ago

This site seems slightly broken on my computer, so I just... Made another Discord in case y'all wanted to hop in.

https://discord.gg/kSyu6D

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33745620 - 7 months ago

I've just been getting crazy amounts of inspiration over the last month. Normally I can't think of $#!t, but even if I focus solely on the stuff I've come up with for RWBY, I came up with the idea of Symphonic Decree, finalized Azurite's bio, got inspiration for that scythe weapon not too long ago (still kind of a work in progress), and now I just got inspired to make a court jester themed OC.

• Shadow-elements

Shadow-elements

#33745624 - 7 months ago

hey I need some help with my ocs. Any advice?

[NAME]: Lavi Draco
    [NAME MEANING]: Lavi is a play on words for Lava which is usually red and yellow in color and Draco is latin for serpent or dragon
    [ALLUSION]: a dragon (volcanic dragon)
    [AGE]: 17
    [GENDER]: male
    [SPECIES]: Caucasian human 
    [HAIR COLOR]: blond
    [EYE COLOR]: golden yellow
    [HEIGHT]: 5’7”
    [COMPLEXION]: pale
    [CLOTHING]: see picture
    [ACCESSORIES]: see picture
    [AURA COLOR]: golden red
    [PERSONALITY]: he is very serious in anything he does no matter how big or how small the task. He often hates it when someone doesn't take things seriously and usually does equal or better than he did. he's not afraid to take on a challenge and will usually do things that others won't. but he can sometimes be too focused on something and becomes quite stubborn when told otherwise.
    [BACKSTORY]: when Lavi was young his dad trained him to become a huntsman, doing multiple training sessions each for different aspects of a huntsman. When Lavi discovered his semblance his parents could already see that this could when timed right save his life which made his dad train him even more. So when his mom asked him what he wanted to do for a living it was no surprise that he wanted to be a Huntsman which is parents were happy for about his mom more than his dad.
    Days before turning in his registration sheets for the academy his dad called him into his room for a moment. When he got in there his dad began to cry feeling as if he forced his son to become a huntsman. His dad loved being a huntsman and wanted his son to have that same feeling but after hearing what his son said he Bagan to think that he morphed his mind into thinking that he has to become a huntsman. but Lavi assured him that that's not the case. he wanted to be a huntsman not because of the training but because he liked the feeling of simply helping those who were in the most need of it
    [AFFILIATION]: Hue academy Team LARK
    [WEAPON NAME]: Crimson fang (up to suggestions)
    [WEAPON TYPE]: a double bladed sword that can turn into an bow and arrow
    [SEMBLANCE]: scales
    [POWER]: Lavi can harden his aura creating spikes in the pattern of dragon scales on his body
    [LIMITS]: hardening reduces his speed. if one disrupts the process of 'armoring up' he loses the ability to armor up for some time. could be 'shattered' with enough force
    [OCCUPATION]: hunter student
    [AGILITY]: 5/10
    [SWORDSMANSHIP]: 6/10
    [LONG RANGE ACCURACY]: 8/10
    [DEFENSE]: 4/10 
    [OFFENSE]: 6/10
    [AURA]: 7/10 

• Shadow-elements

Shadow-elements

#33745625 - 7 months ago

I'm not the best when it comes to backstory's lol

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33745626 - 7 months ago

In reply to Shadow-elements

Don't feel bad i'm rather terrible at writing backstories myself.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33745627 - 7 months ago

In reply to Shadow-elements I like it! It's a simple character, but not everything needs to have a dramatic backstory or whatever. It works for what it is. I also like what you did for the semblance. I could totally see that being in the real show. Not a big fan of the stats and numbers at the bottom, as I can't really do anything with it or gain any new info, since I have nothing to compare it to. Otherwise neat!

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33745640 - 7 months ago

c8b.jpg

Happy Thanksgiving!!

• Shadow-elements

Shadow-elements

#33745645 - 7 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie oh cool thanks it means alot!

• Shadow-elements

Shadow-elements

#33745648 - 7 months ago

NAME]: Azure Spring
    [NAME MEANING]: Azure is a shade of blue and spring is usually associated with flowers, happiness, sun, etc
    [ALLUSION]: a fairy
    [AGE]: 17
    [GENDER]: female
    [SPECIES]: Caucasian human
    [HAIR COLOR]: blond
    [EYE COLOR]: light blue
    [HEIGHT]: 5’6”
    [COMPLEXION]: pale
    [CLOTHING]: see picture
    [ACCESSORIES]: see picture
    [AURA COLOR]: whitish blue
    [PERSONALITY]: Azure is very hyperactive usually able to bring life to even the most gloomy of places. shes cheerful and is often the life of the party being invited to most party's at her school when she was young. Azure is also very good at making someone laugh even the most stolid of people. She loves it when Lavi gets flustered when she makes him laugh.
    [BACKSTORY]: Azure would always spend her time outside chasing after different animals rabbits, butterfly's, birds, etc. Whenever she caught one she would bring it back home and show her dad and ask him if she can keep it which of course he says no and when she asks why he always would tell her "you can't just take someone from there home."
    She doesn't really question him after that because something similar happened to her mom. When she was younger her mom was taken from them she never knew why but her dad would never say but she knew he missed her a lot. Some days her dad would cry himself to sleep or go outside and punch a tree to get out his fustration about not being able to prevent it. So she decided to become a huntress in hopes of finding her mother and reuniting those with people they lose.

[AFFLICTION]: Hue Acadamy Team LARK
    [WEAPON NAME]: (any suggestions)
    [WEAPON TYPE]: two spiked fans that can be put together to make a shield
    [SEMBLANCE]: pollinate (I feel like this needs some work but i Don't know how to fix it.)
    [POWERS]: when Azure gets hit she can create a powder-like substance that can paralysis either a part of the opponent or there whole body
    [LIMITS]: however much Azure is hit affects how long she can paralyze someone. If she chooses to paralyzed there whole body the time limit is cut in half.
    [OCCUPATION]: huntress student

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33745650 - 7 months ago

How you know I'm hyped about a new character idea: I actually attempted to draw their outfit! The quality is total $#!t, but for those of you who are curious, here are some rough drawings of my new Jester OC (yes, I colored them in with crayon, don't judge me!). I also made a symbol for him, just because.

Design (closed cloak)

Design (open cloak)

Symbol

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33745664 - 7 months ago

In reply to Shadow-elements This one I feel is a bit weaker. I'm not sure why she needs to be hit to use her semblance; why isn't it just activated upon touch?

• Shadow-elements

Shadow-elements

#33745668 - 7 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie didn't think about that I was more so just trying to come up with something and yang was in my head which is probably why it is activated through being hit.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33745679 - 7 months ago

In reply to Shadow-elements I think it's better to think things over more, and not just picking something just because you wanna pick something. If you don't have an idea yet, just leave it blank and come back to it later.