Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (85247)

• The1ShadowReaper

The1ShadowReaper

#33718191 - 6 days ago

In reply to A-Tank

I know hes op but i forgot to check it and i was working on my story while writing my story and some of the info from that was put in this. As for my spelling i keep a dictionary next to me and sometimes cant find some words so i improvise. I should probably should read my work before posting it on the web oh well also i try to keep replying to stuff but i forget about it then reamber it weeks later.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33718227 - 5 days ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

In reply to wrwindeler

I dunno. I think I'll just have to come up with some other method. I like the idea of the wire being capable of being electrified (maybe it could be kinda like how Blake's weapon was fine from the beginning, but it gets additional functions once it's normally empty dust chambers have dust loaded into them), but I kinda prefer the overall feel of an actual metal wire  rather than just an electrified force. Maybe it's because electricity gives off sparkly light, but a regular metal wire, in my opinion, looks more menacing, even if logically the electric wire would do more harm, and I imagine that the OC I'd give this weapon to would probably be at least somewhat menacing in battle (style wise at least, skill wise is up in the air atm). When I decided to make a garrot wire weapon, the first combat idea that flashed through my head was them using the wire to decapitate a Beowulf. It's a lot harder for me to imagine that same decapitation if the wire is a plasma rather than a solid. But I think I'll hold onto that dust idea for after I figure out the attachment/detachment method. Thanks a ton for the suggestions. They definitely helped a lot.

• RoseMaryM

RoseMaryM FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold PYREverse Artist

#33718243 - 5 days ago

Just gonna throw one of my newest OCs out here. Not as much effort put into the background and personality because I'm gonna use her in RPs and flesh her out more that way, but yeah. 

seda_mori__silky____guardians_guild_appl

Name: Seda Mori
    (Seda; Silk in Various Languages, Mori; Latin for Death, Japanese for Forest)
    Nickname(s): Silky, Mori

Race: Faunus (Moth)

Gender/Sexuality: Female, Demisexual/Pan

--------

Semblance: Dust Sight - Passive Semblance. Mori is able to track 100% natural Dust via her antennae in a radius of 10km. Touching artificially modified dust tunes her senses to detect only the type of crystal she is in contact with. 

Since her cloak has wind Dust interwoven in it, she can passively sense every person carrying modified Wind Dust. Touching a new type of crystal will always override the previous one, even if both of them are in contact with her skin at the same time.

Weapon: Selfish Plea - A spear that can split into Twin Pistols

Mori prefers to use it in its melee form, even though she is more trained in using Selfish Plea's twin pistol variant.

Her combat style is fast paced and agility based.

--------

Biography: Silky grew up as a cheerful, chatty child up until the day her parents decided to join the White Fang. They did so in order to give Seda a "stable" future. She, being 15 at that point, wasn't too fond of the idea of joining an organisation that could put her and her family in danger and instead decided to find her own living space.

Spending the next two years working off jobs to stay afloat Mori then joined Atlas Academy to fulfill her training to become a huntress. During this time she also signed up to join Atlas' research on new drugs (medicine) and their effects on the body. She was paid quite a bit for participating, allowing her to have a stable income during her studies. 

However these experiments had long lasting effects on her body.

During her last year of schooling, at the age of 21, one of these experimental drugs messed up her left eye, thus forcing her to permanently wear an eyepatch.

Mori's personality seems to have also been affected, turning her into a cold and reserved person. A shell of her former self. Shortly after she decided to abandon the research project and fled Atlas.

Personality:  She is a very reserved person, speaking really only when necessary. She doesn't enjoy idle chatter, even though she used to in the past. Of course there is more to her than just a stoic, cold individual.

Mori warms up to people sooner or later, even though not much changes about her demeanor, she does however care about them more and will protect them to the best of her ability.

Mori has a strong sense for duty, putting her objectives before almost anything else.

rwbyoc__mori___outfit_guide_by_roselysiu

(Note: Her Alt Outfit is more or less a joke one and meant to allude to the initial inspiration for her. I do plan on changing it sooner or later).

battlepose_by_roselysium-dc908zg.jpg

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33718254 - 5 days ago

In reply to RoseMaryM

That art is freaking AMAZING! I'm not artist, but the last one is flat-out mind blowing! The way the colors blend together, the way you can tell there's a light source to the left (presumably from some form of fire judging from the sparks), the intricate details on the outfit! Like you said, the personality and background need a little building-up, but right now I'm too impressed with the art to really care!

• wrwindeler

wrwindeler

#33718342 - 5 days ago

In reply to RoseMaryM

Yeah that art is sooo amazing

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33718359 - 5 days ago

In reply to wrwindeler You know, part of RWBY fun is the crazy weapons. Giving a character nothing but boxing gloves and making them completely normal boxing gloves is kinda...out of place.

• user-5a98361f8663d

user-5a98361f8663d

#33718360 - 5 days ago

"node's" ya... for in world of rwby the newest weapon design is like the newest clothing brands for earth.

the only way i can see boxing gloves appear remnant is for training little kids how to punch I mean for crying out loud watch as there is a little kid whom will get a desert eagle hand gun with armor piercing ammo on X-mis day and no one will freak out.

• wrwindeler

wrwindeler

#33718402 - 4 days ago

In reply to user-5a98361f8663d

I totally get that. The reason why I went for a simple weapon is because I was trying to design a character that doesn’t have guns. However I was considering giving them lighting dust or something so that whenever he punched they would electrocute people

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33718418 - 4 days ago

In reply to wrwindeler Give him something at least. Make them transform. Give them retractable claws. Store multiple dust types in them. Just don't leave them just boxing gloves...please...

• fallen_leader123

fallen_leader123

#33718445 - 4 days ago

In reply to wrwindeler

One of the beauties of the world of Remnant are that the weapons are unique and suit a character's personality, but not only that, they're really out there and run on the Rule of Cool. Maybe since you're going for a boxer, he could have boxing gloves that, like @AnimeAnnemarie said, aren't JUST boxing gloves. Maybe he could have guns in them, or they could even combine and transform into a big club as well like some sort of shotgun-staff to add more bluntness. The only limits are your imagination, my friend, so make it AWESOME!

• wrwindeler

wrwindeler

#33718469 - 4 days ago

In reply to fallen_leader123

I got you. I’m working on them now and I’ve already started adding lightning and fire dust to them. I think later they might be able to be plated with steel to deliver more damage

• user-5a98361f8663d

user-5a98361f8663d

#33718474 - 4 days ago

In reply to wrwindeler

well if you don't mind me throwing a idea on how the gloves might look i think a mix of this and this with that rwby modern flare might work for what you have with the fighting stile of your oc.

but that's just my thoughts.

• jVictor

jVictor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33718478 - 4 days ago

They're called Cestus and they've existed since the Roman days.

• wrwindeler

wrwindeler

#33718483 - 4 days ago

They look like something that would go great with the character especially the first one, thanks

• user-5a98361f8663d

user-5a98361f8663d

#33718486 - 4 days ago

In reply to wrwindeler

np i thought your oc needed something like yang's but the hand area more of a mitten and the part that covers the forearm is not as bulky for in a world ware you have to deal with monster that can be the size of a small house you might want to have is much defeats as you can get.

• wrwindeler

wrwindeler

#33718504 - 4 days ago

thanks for all the feedback 

This is the edited version of my oc based on the feedback. Thank you.

Name: Levi

Race: wolf faunus

Appearance: Levi is 6 feet 7 inches and muscular, light green eyes(almost white in color), wolf fangs, short blonde hair, with a light complexion and freckles. He wears gold boxer shorts with his name on the front waist in black letters, a black and gold boxer’s robe(but for fights he doesn’t wear a shirt), and black boxer shoes with gold trim.

Weapon of choice: Levi uses a pair of white boxing gloves with a gold and grey wolf drawing on them. His gloves are able to use lightning and fire dust as well as Levi having a short range shotgun barrels that have been wired into his left hand. His gloves are easy to take off since they can just fold into bracelets that he wears which allows him to use his hand shotgun. In addition he can combine both his gloves into one larger glove that he wears on his right arm( when he does this he has a weapon similar to doomfist from overwatch). 

Semblance/fighting style: Levi’s fighting style relies on powerful attacks that stun and knock back/down his opponents however despite his height he is extremely light on his feet. His semblance which he calls his charge punch is a charged up punch that deals immense damage however it saps a great chunk of his aura in the process making it only really useful once or twice in a fight.

Personality: Levi is easy going for the most part and prefers to let others do the thinking for him as long as he gets to punch something if they are in a fight. He can also be to brash at times causing friction between him and others. Levi can also be slightly overconfident in his abilities even when outmatched. Fighting is the only thing he really gets joy from since he loves the adrenaline rush that comes with it, but he has started to develop interests in protecting, well lets just say “certain” people. Levi also likes being very flashy which is why he wears a lot of gold color on his clothes.

History: Levi was born in Atlas to poor faunus dust miners. From a young age he saw the unfair way that his people were being treated. One day when he was 11 his parents went to work and never came back. Levi later learned that there had been an accident that had claimed the lives of countless miners including his family. Now that he was an orphan living on the streets of a kingdom that didn’t welcome him he was truly alone. He didn’t have any friends to go to since he would often pick fights with the other kids, he lived in alleyways stealing whatever he could to get by. One day he noticed a group of kids who obviously belonged to a wealthy family eating a hot meal and since he hadn’t eaten for at least two days Levi went and took it. Despite his best efforts to get away he was caught by the police and was arrested but later set free. At this point Levi had gotten into so many fights that he had built up quite a reputation, so at age 15 he was invited to fight in underground prize fights for money.  He was fighting people up to twice his age and winning and at 15 he was already 6’4. He never went to any huntsman academy since he never got the chance and didn’t really care so he operates as a bounty hunter sort of. Since his skills are widely considered to be among the best fighters in Atlas he is often sought out for by huntsmen and huntresses for missions. Levi has a code of being the best, but he will not help people if he deems there plans to be sinister(i.e. Salem and her group and the White Fang). Levi has given up fighting in fight clubs and no focuses on his pro reputation in actually televised fights and also on his hero for hire kind of deal.

Likes: fighting(he is a little one dimensional in his thinking), certain people(I don’t have names for them yet)

Dislikes: losing, violence towards Faunus(sort of. He doesn’t care all too much for other people’s problems)

• c4blec

c4blec Way of the 3rd Dimension

#33718582 - 3 days ago

In reply to RoseMaryM

once again knocked it out of the park, good stuff

• fallen_leader123

fallen_leader123

#33719045 - 1 day ago

In reply to RoseMaryM

Saw these on DeviantArt, they are absolutely boss.

• wrwindeler

wrwindeler

#33719063 - 1 day ago

So I’ve been thinking of a new idea for an oc and I was hoping to get feedback before I created it since it would be very experimental. What I am thinking of is having someone who has an appendage that is Grimm like Cinder, but would be more of a huntsman kind of character. Now of course they wouldn’t e able to protect that part of them so it would be pretty big weakness. Anyway I would love feedback on this idea.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33719065 - 1 day ago

In reply to wrwindeler

How would they even have a grimm appendage? That seems like something only Salem can give someone, and I don't think Salem is going to give a grimm appendage to anyone that isn't on her side.

• wrwindeler

wrwindeler

#33719066 - 1 day ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety

Yeah that was a major problem with the idea. I was thinking more along the lines of he worked for Salem or something and was given it however he betrayed them and became a more anti hero character or he could just stay as a villain.

• user-5a98361f8663d

user-5a98361f8663d

#33719070 - 1 day ago

In reply to wrwindeler

hmm... well to help fill the blank of for grimm lim oc asking question's that basically this video go over.

but to simplify it ill just give you what ill ask my self if i was in your shoes.

1:how did it happen?

2:did this oc want it?

3:what happen after the oc got it?

useing these question's and for fun throw in a theme like.... lets use the "big bad wolf" but good i got ruffly this.

this will also explain what i think will solve the protection problem and if you want to use any of it go for it.

================================

name:-blank-

(name) was a orphan wolf faunus growing up on the streets of (kingdom) with no one to look after him/her but it went bad to worse as some guys wearing black grab him/her wile saying that he/she will be a perfect lab rat.

(place the experiment story here) but one day a huntsman not only save him/her from that place but also adopted him/her even tho he/she now have a grimm's arm up to his/hers elbow.

when (name) was a bit older he/she started to look up to huntsman that gave him/her a new life and wanted to be a hero like him.

after training with his/her adopted father and made a gantlet to not only protect his/her arm but to also hide the fact it's grimm appearance witch later discover it offensive potential when with his/her grimm's arm ability to stretch when to the huntsman school to follow his/her dream.

======================

and that is it. i try to keep it simple,short,and strait to the point as much as i can for most hero story's start with a tragedy.

onec more if you want to use this or any part of it i don't care for this is something I thrown together on the spot.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33719073 - 1 day ago

In reply to user-5a98361f8663d Please stop...both wolf faunus and illegal experiments are VERY overdone OC cliches.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33719074 - 1 day ago

I feel bad saying this since I know this is gonna sound at least a little rude, if not really rude, but I feel like it needs to be said. This is basically a check list of overused writing cliches, both RWBY specific and in general.

General tropes:

angst filled backstory

orphan

lived on the streets

important because the plot said so rather than because of their own actions

adoptive savior that turned into a mentor figure

copying an ability from an already existing character to try and make the OC seem more important/ cooler (in this case the ability is being copied from Cinder)

spontaneously has a goal for no reason other than the plot said so (in this case they suddenly want to be a hunter or huntress for no given reason)

RWBY tropes:

wolf faunus (I get that wolves are cool but I've seen so many wolf faunus at this point that I'm starting to avoid them, partially because they're over used and partially because they're dang near always written badly)

unwilling science experiment (because for some reason all science experiments are portrayed as evil and not good intention, or even good intentions with bad results)

• user-5a98361f8663d

user-5a98361f8663d

#33719075 - 1 day ago

hay its just a sample bio i didn't put a lot of thought in making it and besides it's not like "let's replace this lim with a grimms" is something a good heart person will do.