Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (85425)

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33752966 - 2 months ago

In reply to LukePrather

I'm always up for seeing some new profiles.

• LukePrather

LukePrather

#33752967 - 2 months ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

Well i'll be heading off to bed in half an hour or so. But i'll gladly link or paste my old teams if you're willing to look them over. Just tell me which you'd like to see.

Team CHNS, the defensive faunus trait team.
    Team SCRD, the legendary warrior themed team.
    Team VLYT, the unfinished noble trope team.
    Team STRM, the unfinished weather themed team.
    And two villains who have no real team affiliation.
    One villain is all about time and life while the other is about bring faunus evolutionary perfection through surgical, chemical, and scientific means.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33752971 - 2 months ago

In reply to LukePrather

Probably should wait till tomorrow evening to post them. I need to get to sleep now too, and I shouldn't spend all of tomorrow looking them over either (being a mature and responsible adult really sucks sometimes :P). Put up links for any you want to show me.

• LukePrather

LukePrather

#33752972 - 2 months ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

Sounds good to me, i'll post the doc links to avoid pasting like 18 character sheets.

Team SCRD

Team CHNS
    Team VLYT
    Team STRM
    Teacher OC and Villain OC
    Villain OC - Vitrum Tempus
    Hopefully all the links work and if anyone else wants to throw some feedback my way please do. Mind these are old OC's i did back when i first joined the forum and thus havent been updated to fit the new lore from the most recent Volumes. That and they're far less polished than i'd like due to the lack of critique and review they received in the past. Anyways good night/good morning everyone, see yall in a couple hours.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33752974 - 2 months ago

In reply to LukePrather I have to be that guy and ask; what is the color in SCRD and CHNS? I suppose if VLYT is read like violet, that works. I can also accept STRM as being greys.

• LukePrather

LukePrather

#33753013 - 2 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

Its been a long time since i made them but if i remember correctly CHNS is Chains which is usually a steel/silver color and SCRD is Sacred which makes one think of golds, whites and silvers.

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33753014 - 2 months ago

In reply to LukePrather

I feel like SCRD and STRM fall into FNKI territory where if the creators did it, it'd be okay, but I think fans should try for a more solid color. CHNS is slightly less because it's hard to picture chains being made of anything other than metal.

• LukePrather

LukePrather

#33753017 - 2 months ago

In reply to VoshTheStampede

Yeah but the team name honestly dosnt bother me that much, its close enough to allude to a color where i dont feel its lazy or me not trying. Plus it can be a pain sometimes finding a color your team name can spell out while following the rest of the naming rules. 

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33753019 - 2 months ago

In reply to LukePrather

But that's part of the fun though. Solving the puzzle to make the characters fit perfectly in the universe. Though I do understand not wanting to dwell on team names as much, especially considering that team names have fallen to the wayside as the story moves farther and farther away from the school days of volumes 1-3.

• LukePrather

LukePrather

#33753021 - 2 months ago

Yeah plus these are teams from like...2-3 years ago. CHNS being my first official team with the rest still needing finalizing and polishing. Though i may revisit an old idea i had for a team named I.R.O.N. who's theme is different forms of smiting. One member was a blade smith who's semblance allowed them to sharpen and maintain a blades edge as long as they had it in their hands, making the weapon unnaturally sharp in the process. Another would be an armor smith who could reinforce any equipment they came into contact with (Least i think...gotta check some old notes). Then a gunsmith...idk what their semblance was. Finally the jeweler could store weak, one time use copies of a persons semblance in a piece of jewelry they craft. There are some downsides i can easily give to make it less over powered but thats the basic jist of the team.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33753045 - 2 months ago

I can agree that SCRD is kinda like FNKI, but STRM (storm) makes me think of dark grey storm clouds and lightning colors. I don't really think it's a stretch to use STRM as a fan-made team name.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33753066 - 2 months ago

In reply to VoshTheStampede I forgot CHNS meant chains, that's my bad. I still maintain that SCRD is too much of a stretch for me.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33753084 - 2 months ago

Making a little bit more progress on that Robin Hood inspired OC. I used an online character creator to get a general design idea put together for her, and I picked out a name and some backstory details that I think go together really well. Her name is Sylvina Mayumi. Sylvina is a name from England that comes from a Latin word meaning "from the forest". I thought a name from England worked well for her since the story of Robin Hood comes from England. Mayumi is a Japanese name meaning "True bow", which I chose partially because she's going to be an archer, and partially because I imagine she was born and raised in Mistral, which, as we've seen, is basically Remnant's approximate equivalent to Japan. I also decided that since her given name is from England and her last name is Japanese, one of her parents is going to be from Mistral, and the other one from one of the other kingdoms (I'm leaning towards Vale).

• VoshTheStampede

#33753087 - 2 months ago

Gawain isn't the only one getting armor upgrades. The rank-and-file have a new look:

e7d50b73e8c2ae0649a4a28f7f84e5ddf84320c6

• LukePrather

LukePrather

#33753161 - 2 months ago

After a day or so i've finished the first member of Team IRON. Semblance and other aspects arnt final so feel free to offer up suggestions and feedback. Also apologies for grammar and punctuation...not my strongest suit.

Name:
    Ingot Embers (N for short)

Color (Theme): Metallic silvers and Reds

Allusion: Swordsmith

Affiliation: Team I.R.O.N. Mistral Academy

Species: Human

Height/Weight: 5’11” 160lb

Skin/Hair/Eye Color: Rustic Tan, Straw Blonde, Ashen Blue

Symbol: A sword stabbing through an anvil, acting as a minor allusion to the sword Gram cutting an anvil in half.

Appearance:  Physically N has a very well defined muscular build, while he isnt bulky it's obvious that he has a strong physique no matter what clothing he wears. His hands and upper forearms are covered in regular scars, burn scars, and calluses from years of working the forge. His facial features are strong, angular, and are framed nicely by the loose bangs that he misses when pulling his hair back.

As for attire he wears a loose fitting swordsman shirt with a couple leather straps to hook his gear to. His pants consist of a fire proof material and seem to have removable leather flaps that appear to be used as storage for tongs, hammers, and other smiting tools. Lastly he wears a pair of well worn steel toed hiking boots.

Background/History: N grew up in one of the nicer parts of Mistral away from a lot of the shady dealings and people that inhabit the area. This was due to how well off his father and mother where. His dad was a well known smith who helped forge and fix huntsman gear on the regular. His mother on the other hand was a seamstress who would regularly repair huntsmen/huntress gear while his dad worked on the weapons. It turned out to be a good business and a reputable one at that.

Due to being the son of a well renowned smith N was given the honor of being the only one who got to learn his father's secrets. So from a young age he was being taught the Ember family secrets of blacksmithing, something he took very seriously to the point where he strived to perfect every technique his father taught him. This ended up resulting in his personality becoming that of a perfectionist and thus his semblance developed as such. One day while practicing swordsmanship with his father he found that his blade sliced through everything he swung it at but when he handed the blade to his dad to inspect he saw nothing that could explain it. After a few more tests they learned it was the young smith himself causing this to happen.

Upon discovering his semblance N began to consider the possibility of becoming a Huntsmen himself, he had the strength, semblance, and skill for it. Plus who would better? He thought himself perfect at everything so why not.

However he failed to get into Haven the first two times he tried, failing whatever tests it required until he actually buckled down and studied to get in. He had ignored the fact that he had not gone to a  school for training and thus became determined to make up for that by spending a year studying nonstop. He passed by the skin of his teeth and was accepted. (Doubt this fits canon but it's not super lore breaking i dont think)

Personality: N is a bit of an ass, he has a superiority complex, is a perfectionist, and is stubborn to the bone. His teammates know why he acts like he’s so perfect but it doesn't excuse his actions sometimes. However they can admit that while he may be an ass who thinks he’s better than everyone he does get the job done one way or another. Still….fuck N. Aside from that N’s perfectionist attitude does make it hard for him to accept failure and it has caused many problems for the team since it makes N’s plans lack flexibility and creativity causing more problems for them in the long run if something goes amiss. All in all N’s an ass and everyone knows it, they’re just used to it and tolerate it….sometimes.

Weapon: “Hammer Song” is a hand forged damascus steel military saber with a dust enhanced flintlock pistol integrated into the handle, hilt, and crossguard to allow for medium range combat. Aside from that he has a few side/spare weapons in case he loses his saber during battle. Sheathed on the lower part of his back right above his tailbone is a basic double edged dagger, sheathed just above his shoulder blade are four throwing knives each infused with dust, lastly he has a blacksmith's hammer hanging from his hip.

Aura/Semblance: “Obsidian Edge” This semblance is a specific one indeed, any edged weapon he holds will gain an insanely sharp edge that can cut through almost any physical object it comes in contact with. It also makes it so that the blade edge never dulls along with changing the edge geometry so that the weapon has the perfect edge for whatever it cuts. This semblance only works on weapons he is holding, if he lets go of the weapon his semblance stops working and the edged weapon becomes normal, it's edge becoming breakable and not as sharp.

Side note, this semblance cannot cut through aura or aura guarded weapons/armor. However if ones aura is depleted and not protecting the user and their weapon then it's possible for his weapons to slice through their armor and equipment. If he’s fighting a friendly hunter/huntress he will avoid doing so as he understand the value of a hunters weapon and equipment. Thus he will deactivate his semblance to avoid the risk.

Fighting Style: N uses a simple yet refined fencing style of fighting with his weapon, each movement he makes is practiced to perfection. Each step and attack he make is always on point, he never misses a beat or a step. However due to his overly perfected method of fighting it becomes very easy for someone with a good enough tactical mind to learn his patterns and counter him with ease. N isnt a complex fighter, her prefers the simplest and most refined methods of solving a problem. Taking the whole Occam's Razor idea to the extreme. Lastly he does tend to have one surprise trump card and thats utilizing his teammates semblances.

Notes/Trivia: None so far.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33753162 - 2 months ago

In reply to LukePrather

I'm not gonna do a full review, I don't have the energy for that at the moment, but all I saw was "(N for short)" and I IMMEDIATELY thought of the character N from pokemon.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33753285 - 2 months ago

1. Sorry for the double post.

2. This is off topic. If you have no interest in anything that isn't RWBY related, ignore this, but as dead as this forum has been lately, I figure it's not gonna super inconvenience anyone for me to post this at the moment.

So I've spent a fair bit of time today working on the first few chapters of a novella that covers the backstories of two characters for an original series I've got in the works. I just finished up the third chapter, and was wondering if anyone here would want to give them a read through and provide some feedback (this is literally the only forum I use, and the only other people I could ask to review the chapters would be really biased sources). I've saved the chapters to google docs, so if you wanna read the chapters, just let me know and I'll provide the link (although for the sake of not having the whole forum overrun with off topic posts, it'd probably be better to PM any feedback).

• VoshTheStampede

#33753462 - 2 months ago

Erin Grunwald, Lord Commander of Grunwald Security's Mistral Branch:

d6ffa65e0c3118fdf7770a8dd638324820198094

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33753489 - 2 months ago

*Resisting the urge to make an obvious RWBY Chibi joke!*

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33753497 - 2 months ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety Do it anyway

• VoshTheStampede

#33753502 - 2 months ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety

I workshopped a bunch of different weapon ideas for Erin ranging from a weird naginata with a collapsible blade to a tetsubo that embedded dust crystals. But after thinking about it and the type of character I wanted Erin to be, I decided to just give him an ordinary old katana. The idea is that Erin is the kind of guy who wants to prove that the only thing a warrior needs to win is skill, strength, discipline, and resolve. No fancy trick-weapons, no dust, no semblances, no gimmicks. So he just has the katana, and only the katana. But over his long career he has honed his skill and his body, and has mastered every facet of his chosen weapon. He may not be able to inflict damage on a massive scale or adapt to any given situation, but as an individual combatant he is a pants-wettingly  terrifying opponent. And he does it all with a simple sword.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33753602 - 2 months ago

Respectable opinion to have, and a respectable way of carrying it out. Kind of a shame OC VS doesn't seem to be around anymore. Would have been cool to see how a fight involving this guy would have gone.

For all the newer people that weren't around to know what OC VS is, it's something a few people from this thread put together... what was it, a year or two ago? It's basically Screw Attack's Death Battle, but for RWBY OCs.

• LukePrather

LukePrather

#33753611 - 2 months ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety

I remember it well, i actually had one of my members of team CHNS fight in it. Alas she didnt win but it was due to the others tactical ability. Also...what perchance happened to the forum while i was gone....before it was so much more lively. Granted the activeness usually resulted in people getting swept under the rug and ignored in favor of the more popular and senior members but it was still pretty active and helpful despite this.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33753618 - 2 months ago

In reply to LukePrather People just...left. I guess.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33753619 - 2 months ago

In reply to LukePrather

I think a lot of the long time forum members either dropped the show or just the forum, 'cause to my knowledge, Jvic's the only "senior member", as you put it, that's been showing up a noticeable number of times lately (I don't have a complete memory of who all are senior members, so I could be wrong about that). Albion has dropped off the radar completely, and I haven't seen anything from Rose or Rin in I don't even know how long. I think Mal shows up every once in a blue moon, but yeah, I'd say 90% of the people that used to do most of the chatting have just kinda vanished, and the ones that are left don't seem to have a lot they want to say most of the time. Kinda sad really. I miss the chaos this forum used to generate.