Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (85474)

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33754291 - 2 months ago

Now for the big brother, the boss man, the mac daddy, el Queso Grande:

Gareth Grunwald, CEO and Supreme Commander of Grunwald Security

e45433eb7e614e1a4af086abe1e38f5b32a3db52

His weapons are called Blut (the collapsing longsword) and Ehre (the dual submachine gun-shield)

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33754298 - 2 months ago

In reply to VoshTheStampede Blood and honor in German? Seems very fitting.

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33754310 - 2 months ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

Especially considering that "Blut und Ehre" was the motto of a particularly nasty group of people which should serve as a hint that Gareth is not a good person (if the helmet and pointier iteration of the Grunwald crest didn't already give it away).

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33754315 - 2 months ago

In reply to VoshTheStampede If you're gonna be a bad guy, might as well look the part and go all out with it, am I right?

• VoshTheStampede

#33754319 - 2 months ago

This is his official "I've gone off the deep end" look. 

• VoshTheStampede

#33754428 - 2 months ago

And now the final Grunwald brother, Linden, the Iron Wolf:

6ee7efb6440f879ac36a799eed49aa5e3794dfe6

His weapon is the Grindhammer, Gjoll. 

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33754432 - 2 months ago

In reply to VoshTheStampede That weapon is epic.

• VoshTheStampede

#33754482 - 2 months ago

I wanted to make a big hammer that wasn't just a copy of Magnhild.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33754483 - 2 months ago

In reply to VoshTheStampede I like it!

• VoshTheStampede

#33754494 - 2 months ago

I should also add that Linden is the Lord-Commander of Grunwald Security's Vacuo branch. Because of Vacuo's culture, they don't bring in a lot of revenue. Instead, the branch's primary purpose is manufacturing and testing of weapons/armor that the rest of the company uses. 

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33754568 - 2 months ago

I could use a bit of help brainstorming specifics of a semblance for Erebus Gild (a court jester inspired OC I started working on a couple months back). I'm thinking I want his semblance to be some form or another of teleportation, but I don't want it to just be a basic blink style semblance where the limiting factor is range and frequency. I always kinda imagined him throwing down smoke bombs of some sort (or alternatively, something that works kinda like a smoke bomb but using steam dust instead), and vanishing in the cover, then reappearing elsewhere in another puff of white smoke (or steam). I felt like it aesthetically fit with his whole court jester theme.

The first idea that came to mind for me was "Ok, maybe something along the likes of him turning into smoke or steam and moving in that form?", but that's not really teleportation, and it would definitely leave a trail to where ever he reappears, something I'm trying to avoid since I always saw Erebus as the type of character that spontaneously will pop out of unexpected locations with little to no warning (think kinda like that scene from volume 1 during the team forming process where Nora suddenly was hanging upside down from a tree, but more spontaneous, and sometimes even more random locations). So teleportation that allows for a puff of smoke (or steam) disappearance and reappearance, probably with a small delay between disappearing and reappearing.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33754575 - 2 months ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety

I'm assuming since he's a jester he's fairly mobile when fighting, thus one possibility is that he can "tag" surfaces on touch and then "jump" back to them later, possibly within a given range.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33754577 - 2 months ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

That actually sounds dang near perfect. I'll just need to figure out how many surfaces he can have tagged at once, and a way to have the smoke bomb part make sense. I mean, I guess it could just be the teleportation effect (I imagined his aura probably being white anyways, so a aura colored cloud would just look like smoke or steam anyways), but it's just kinda more fun imagining him using actual smoke bombs.

• VoshTheStampede

#33754769 - 2 months ago

Erina's new armor:

eb725c8b2c677b49250685c21b64b52c19566a78

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33754772 - 2 months ago

In reply to VoshTheStampede What's her shtick? 

• VoshTheStampede

#33754773 - 2 months ago

She's the oldest and highest ranked of the "Grunwald Trio" (comprised of her, Gawain, and Lehti). 

I've posted her before, you may recognize her by her old outfit:

erina_dances_by_jrvoltin_dc8kutg-pre.jpg

But here's her profile anyway:

Erina Grunwald:

Height: 180cm (5‘11“)

Weight: 70kg (155 lbs)

Species: Human

Skills:

Erina is a prodigy whose fighting style capitalizes on her strength and intelligence. She is strong enough to swing her weapon effortlessly, and while not as physically strong as her male cousins, she still manages to out-muscle most fighters in her weight class. She possesses a great deal of speed and agility, which she accentuates with an almost otherworldly level of grace and poise. This is all on top of the fact that all she needs to incapacitate an enemy is a simple touch. Outside of combat, Erina is an expert at navigating social situations, able to put others at ease and relieve tensions, causing them to lower their guard and put her in a position of power in most conversations.

Semblance: Hit the Wall

Erina’s semblance allows her to absorb glucose through simple skin contact. A slight touch is enough to cause a noticeable drop in blood sugar. Prolonged contact can leave a victim hypoglycemic, causing nausea, confusion, seizures, unconsciousness, or even death depending on the victim’s native blood sugar levels. Initially, Erina can only absorb the glucose in the bloodstream, but with enough contact and concentration, she can extract the glycogen stored first in the muscles and then in the liver. By robbing an opponent of their glycogen she prevents them from recovering from their hypoglycemia, often causing them to surrender due to fatigue if not making them pass out. The glucose Erina absorbs is added to her own, often causing hyperglycemia and hyperactivity, though she often uses it to relieve her own fatigue. She’s also capable of using her semblance to absorb glucose from plants and other animals. She cannot, however, use it on Grimm. The limitations of the semblance are that it requires direct skin-to-skin contact, so foes that are completely covered in clothing or armor are protected. However, one of the semblance’s benefits is that it completely bypasses aura. As for her victims, recovery is as simple as eating a meal rich in carbohydrates, provided they survive the fight.

Weapon: 12-Gauge Collapsing Battle Ax, Shi no Hitokuchi

Shi no Hitokuchi is Erina’s personal weapon, and it reflects her personality more than most would think. In its shotgun form it can fire both buckshot and slugs with surprising accuracy, even at a distance. As a great ax, it possesses a devastating bite. She can hew most Grimm in a single swing. It’s weight and shape don’t permit any sort of fancy moves or tricks, so Erina mostly sticks to heavy two-handed strikes that force her enemy to be on the defensive. For her weapon and method of combat, offense is the best defense.

Personality:

To most who meet her, Erina is demure and polite to a fault. She always uses formal language and never raises her voice or talks down to anyone. However, those who know her better recognize that she is capable of being quite vicious and cunning. While always respectful, she never lets her predisposition to etiquette cloud her views of reality. She believes that victory requires nothing short of the absolute domination of the enemy and will go to great lengths to ensure victory. Therefore, once engaged, she will not hold back or show mercy, believing that such half-measures are not only pointless but even insulting to both her and her opponent.

Erina isn’t what one would call sentimental, but she is not without her own sense of honor and loyalty. She is fiercely protective of her family, even when she rebukes or challenges them for dominance. And while she is a believer in Grunwald superiority, she is quick to recognize potential in others and not dismiss it out of hand. She also believes in keeping her word, though she is very careful not give it as freely as Gawain or Lehti would. 

Background:

Erina is the firstborn daughter of Erin Grunwald, and the oldest of Gawain’s cousins. She was groomed from an early age to become a potential head of the Grunwald family. Not only was she privately trained in combat, but also history, etiquette, arithmetic, science, and philosophy. She was a quick study and her aura potential made her a shoe-in for becoming a huntress.  When she was of age, she attended Haven Academy where she made top marks. She represented Haven at the 37th Vytal Festival, and brought home the Champion's Cup. Erina graduated among the top of her class and worked as an independent huntress for two years before she formally joined Grunwald Security, and swiftly became the figurehead of their Mistral division. She currently holds the rank of Major and commands the Second Mistral Cohort.

Dislikes: Chess, plastic cutlery, when poorly written books get turned into movies

I haven't colored it yet, but when I do you'll see that hers is the only one of these armors that doesn't have gloves or gauntlets of any kind so that she can still freely use her semblance.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33754842 - 2 months ago

Ok, not OC related, but I am at my wits end here. I'm trying to change my profile picture. Getting rid of the old one was easy, but now I can't even upload the new one! I keep hitting the button in "images" labeled "Choose Files", and selecting the picture I want, but then it just pops up with a white-text version of the image file and doesn't upload it, or provide any sort of button to upload it. I tried hitting the button on my profile picture that says "Change Photo" and it's the same problem there, and every time I refresh the page, the files I chose with the "Choose Files" button are gone! I am getting extremely frustrated at this point.

• VoshTheStampede

#33754849 - 2 months ago

Is the file the right format? Like a .jpeg or a .png?

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33754853 - 2 months ago

In reply to VoshTheStampede

It's a .png, yeah.

• VoshTheStampede

#33754858 - 2 months ago

Try resizing it in paint or something. If the file is two big (either in resolution or in dimensions) shrinking it might help.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33754861 - 2 months ago

Still nothing. My old profile picture had dimensions of 312 x 521, and I just cropped the picture I'm trying to use to be 428 x 465. It's still not working.

• VoshTheStampede

#33754864 - 2 months ago

Have you tried using a different browser?

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33754885 - 2 months ago

The only other browser I have is Internet Explorer, and I don't trust that relic (I typically use google chrome).

• VoshTheStampede

#33754887 - 2 months ago

Try converting the image to a jpeg by opening it in Paint and saving it as one. If that doesn't work, try clicking on the padlock icon in the address bar of your browser and make sure your roosterteeth.com has the proper permissions (try resetting the permissions and see if that works). Besides that, it might just be an issue server side that they're having. 

Also do you have access to the new community site? If you do, try uploading an image there and set it as your profile picture. 

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33754902 - 2 months ago

Still nothing. I'm guess it's gotta just be the website hates me at this point. I wasn't even aware there was a new community site though. This forum is the only rooster teeth related anything I use (aside from watching new episodes of RWBY).