Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (85474)

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33755466 - 2 months ago

And with this, the last of the Grunwald clan has received their new armor upgrades (sorry, Leif and Jade, ranking members only). 

455f99f061453392db57709f625767d9bf545192

For those who don't know who this is:

Lehti Grunwald

Height: 195 cm (6’5”)

Weight: 127 kg (280 lbs)

Species: Human

Abilities and Skills:

Lehti is a power-focused physical melee fighter. He thrives in the thick of the fighting, trading blows up close and personal. He dual wields his weapons in both their forms. As shotguns, he sprays the field with dust-augmented shells that have a substantial amount of spread. Burn, frost, and shock dust are his favored types. With his hammers, Lehti is terrifyingly brutal. He savages his opponents with cruel attacks aimed at smashing joints and bones. His intense strength allows him to swing the heavy hammerheards with impressive speed. Compared to his cousins, Lehti has the highest endurance and stamina.

Semblance: Infernal Brand

Lehti’s semblance allows him to “mark” a person or object by touching them. Upon doing so, he infuses a small amount of his own aura into whatever he’s marked, establishing a connection. Once marked, Lehti gains a subconscious awareness of where the marked target is at all times. With enough concentration, he can gain other information about his marked target, like its state or condition, as well as being able to abstract certain sensory information (smells and sounds) from its surroundings. Additionally, if Lehti channels a significant amount of aura into the connection, he can “overload” it. For things like objects or structures, this can damage or weaken their structural integrity. In the case of living things, it causes a great deal of pain (akin to being burned by a metal brand, hence the name) to the point of being incapacitating. The only way for the mark to be removed is for Lehti’s aura to be reduced to zero, or for Lehti to consciously remove the mark. The latter tends to be more common, as Lehti rarely likes keeping track of more than one mark at a time and will often release one before placing another to avoid confusion while tracking a target.

Weapons and Equipment:

Lehti wields the twin Dust-Chambered Shotgun Hammers, Teurastus. The weapons are semi-automatic, and chamber specialized dust-cartridges. In their hammer forms, the dust can be activated by the hammer strike, creating dust-augmented shockwaves. In addition to his hammers, Lehti also wears an elevation training mask most of the time. The mask restricts his breathing, which he believes increases the strength and oxygen capacity of his lungs (though in reality it doesn’t). When the mask is removed, he does gain a substantial boost to his stamina, similar to when Gawain used to remove his weighted clothing. Underneath his clothing, Lehti also wears a body suit that is similar to one Gawain currently wears.

Personality:

Lehti is a stern and practical man. He favors tried-and-true methods over more artistic or experimental approaches, and believes simplicity is a virtue when it comes to planning. In chaotic situations he has a tendency to assert control via providing leadership. He leads through example, taking charge and making snap-decisions when speed and decisiveness are necessary. Lehti also believes that promotion should come from merit, and frowns on nepotism. And yet, he takes pride in his family because he believes that Grunwalds don’t need nepotism to hold high ranks in society.

In personal interactions, Lehti is blunt and cold. He isn’t as empathetic or sentimental as his cousins or brother, and believes that “protecting the family” doesn’t mean protecting its members, but rather its legacy. A legacy which, according to Lehti, is built on strength, discipline, and determination. Because of this he forms very few personal connections, focusing instead on cultivating an image of himself as an iron warlord, to be feared and respected. And yet, Lehti is violently protective of his little brother (and to a lesser extent, his cousins, even though he sees them as rivals) and will not tolerate dismissive comments or threats against him. 

History:

Lehti is the elder son of Linden Grunwald, the head of Grunwald Security’s Vacuo Branch. Raised in the harsh climate of Vacuo, Lehti demonstrated his potential as a huntsman at an early age. Both he and his brother, Leif, were privately trained until they were old enough to enter Shade academy. Unlike his cousin, Erina, Lehti went straight into employment with Grunwald Security upon graduating. In his two years with the company, he has already distinguished himself amongst its soldiers, earning the moniker “Iron Wolf” for his raw physical power and cold personality. Lehti currently holds the rank of Major within Grunwald Security’s armed forces and commands the Second Vacuan Cohort. 

Likes: Word-jumble puzzles, Ping-pong (uses Shakehand All-Around-Attacker style)

Dislikes: Citrus-scented shampoo, restaurants that don’t refill their condiment containers

Additional Art:

With mask:

lehti_by_jrvoltin_da4m9na-pre.jpg

Without Mask:

lehti_smashes_by_jrvoltin_dcbacur-pre.jp

• GendoGames

GendoGames

#33755468 - 2 months ago

... I really need to get back into being an active member here

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33755470 - 2 months ago

In reply to GendoGames

I'd like to be more active, but I haven't really had any motivation or inspiration for RWBY related stuff in quite a while (just generally being a procrastinator doesn't really help with that either), so I've got nothing new to post.

• Monodramatic

Monodramatic

#33755742 - 2 months ago

I was totally going to say something to the effect of "I'm still here" in response to the discussion on senior members vanishing

But then I realized that conversation happened 1 month ago, oops

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33755767 - 2 months ago

LOL

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33755902 - 1 month ago

I think I figured out why a lot of the people here are disappearing. About a week back I tried logging out of my account to see if that could help with my problem of not being able to upload a new profile picture (cause I never really log out). When I tried to log back in, it logged me in for the NEW rooster teeth site, but not these older pages that are now under the "legacy community" section on the new rooster teeth site. I think people are logging out, and then can't log back in. If you're reading this and wondering "If that's the case then how did YOU get back here?", that is a good question. I'm not entirely sure. For some reason this time when I clicked "login", and then clicked on the legacy community section, it took me straight here, logged in (but not with my new profile picture for some reason). Not sure if that was a short term bug they fixed, but logging out and then not being able to log back in might be the reason for some of the people on here disappearing without a trace. While I was still unable to log in, I thought "maybe I could send someone that hasn't disappeared a PM so they can warn the others?" but I couldn't even do that, making me even more convinced that that might be at least partially what's to blame.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33755922 - 1 month ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety That's quite a recent thing though and maybe that goes for some people, but I feel like a lot of others also just kind of got burnt out on creating RWBY OCs.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33755925 - 1 month ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

Yeah, I can definitely believe that. Just figured I'd bring that to the general forums attention either way, make sure no one makes the same mistake I did.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33755947 - 1 month ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety Are these forums not accessible from the new main site anymore at all?

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33755948 - 1 month ago

I just checked, they still are although it takes a second for the link to come up.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33755967 - 1 month ago

Originally what happened was I'd click the "log in" button on this page, it would take me to the new website, I'd navigate to this forum from the new website, and as soon as I was in the "legacy community" section, it would treat me as logged out again (login button present, no box to type messages, etc.). For some reason, this time it left me logged in here, but without any of the changes from my profile on the new site (profile picture being the most noticeable issue).

Also, sorry if this double posts. Site just bugged out the first time I tried to post it.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33755970 - 1 month ago

That's all a bit strange, and quite poorly integrated. I doubt many new people are gonna find these forums anymore now.

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33755976 - 1 month ago

That's kind of the point though. They're trying to phase out the old site for the new one.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33755986 - 1 month ago

In reply to VoshTheStampede Yeah but like...why though. Surely they should be able to integrate the forums as they are into the new site. 

• VoshTheStampede

#33755990 - 1 month ago

Maybe, maybe not. I have no idea what their plans are for the community site. But from what I've seen so far in this beta, it's that the internet as a whole has gravitated away from the forums-based community and into the post-feed/discord channel community. It seems to me that RT is just trying to adapt to suit the current state of the internet and not cling to the old formats. Those of us that still use these forums are by and far in the minority of RT content consumers. 

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33755995 - 1 month ago

In reply to VoshTheStampede That is quite a shame to me. I'm not sure I'm like...ready to go into a whole new community to share my OCs. I'll stick with this forum for now.

• PandaBrady

PandaBrady

#33756048 - 1 month ago

It has been forever~! Hey everyone, how's it going?!

I'll be going to my first RTX this year, will I be seeing anyone around?

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33756056 - 1 month ago

Not me, I don't really consider myself a fan of RT as a whole. Never really consumed their content even, aside from RWBY.

• VoshTheStampede

#33756059 - 1 month ago

In reply to PandaBrady

I will be there, it's gonna be my fifth time going. Got the Platinum badge and everything.

• PandaBrady

PandaBrady

#33756062 - 1 month ago

In reply to VoshTheStampede

Lucky! 

I've lost a lot of weight so I'm contemplating Cosplays. Thought of going as a Male Blake.

Also, I'm thinking of writing script for BONE and trying to get Kerry or Miles to look at it. Wanted to share some more characters so I get them out without worrying about Vol 7 starting retcons again

• VoshTheStampede

#33756070 - 1 month ago

In reply to PandaBrady

Also, I'm thinking of writing script for BONE and trying to get Kerry or Miles to look at it.

I would very much recommend NOT doing this. They don't accept things like that at the con, and fans shouldn't expect them to. It's just like going up to one of the panel Q&As and asking for a job. 

• PandaBrady

PandaBrady

#33756078 - 1 month ago

In reply to VoshTheStampede

Got it. Wont do that then. 

• VoshTheStampede

#33756110 - 1 month ago

Cover image for a new story I'm working on:

df8a932b52caa186d8a4f2fa4090bb5a77c4779b

Tentative name is "Wild Hunt".

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33756142 - 1 month ago

OOOOoooo I wonder what she's doing there...

• VoshTheStampede

#33756145 - 1 month ago

Let's just say that just because RWBY and JNR hopped on the Argus Limited doesn't mean all of Mistral's troubles went away.