Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (85530)

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33758232 - 1 week ago

Hi guys. Let me start off by apologizing to those I was talking with about my last OC-some really messy stuff came up and I couldn't adequately respond to your questions and comments. 

Part 1:

Name: Gustav “Gorgeous” Gamboge

Sexual/Romantic Orientation: Bi

Species/Race: Human

Blood Type: O positive

Affiliations/Organizations: VML (Vale Muscle League)

Part 2: General Appearance: Gustav is well built as a result of his diet and training. He stands tall and proud, his body tan gleaming due to his tendency to apply a thin layer of oil all over. His deep blue veins stand out against the yellowish tone of his flesh, and contrast with his saffron-colored eyes. His hair is styled as a short mohawk, which is deep brown in color. In the ring, he prefers to wear tan wrestling pants and black wrestling boots, while outside he wears a rough woolen tan jacket, its sleeves cut at the elbow, a plain white shirt underneath, black pants and shoes.

Height: 6 feet 8 inches

Weight: 200 llbs

Handedness: Ambi

Tattoos/Birthmarks/Scars: A massive Railway gun, running from stomach to neck, is tattooed in black and white on his body. The barrel of the cannon is aimed upwards, pointing to his chin. On his forehead is a G, which is black in color but burns in the color of saffron when his Semblance is active.

Part 3:

Personality: Outwardly, the very appearance of Gamboge is intimidating as he tends to tower over most people-not to mention his well-built body. In his dealing with others, his voice is gruff, his words are brutally direct and straight to the point. In fact, one could say he is not very considerate of others feelings or very bad at reading the room, as he says whatever is in his heart regardless of whoever or whatever is facing him. Coupled with the fact that he is almost always scowling, eyes narrowed and nostrils dilated, he comes of as a terrifying giant one step from clobbering others-his supposedly aggressive words are but the prelude.

However, all of this is a smokescreen thrown up by Gamboge. In his heart, he wrestles with fear of defeat and self-doubt sown by his shrewish mother, who viewed his passion for sports and wrestling as nothing more than a waste of his time. In fact, his mother’s stern gaze and cold voice is enough to bring him to his knees and weep-a fact he has worked hard to conceal. Consequently, insults hurled at his ability and self-worth serve to throw him into a brief period of confusion, before provoking his rage.

Some people assume Gamboge is nothing but dumb muscle, running on rage and athletic ability. These people are soon shown the error of their thoughts as Gamboge utilize his cunning and knowledge of techniques to turn the match in his favour. He is also an honourable fighter, refusing all sorts of enhancements, drugs or underhanded tactics to turn a fight in his favor-he is determined to get ahead on his own skill and wits.

Goals/Motivations/Dreams: Gamboge wants nothing more than to overcome his cowardice and self-doubt, and rise become the number one wrestler in all of Remnant.

Part 4: The Character's Relationship With Others

Reputation: Gamboge is admired by his peers for his wrestling abilities, and his rivals tend not to underestimate him. However, his manager tries his utmost to keep him away from a mike, for Gamboge’s brutal honesty is not appreciated by the shadier elements in the League.

Love Interest(s): The Championship belt

Friend(s)/Ally(ies): Rozen Et Argent, Tomoko Taakoizu, Notte Ghirga

Part 5: The Character's Abilities

Fighting Style: Despite his muscular build, Gamboge’s style leans towards grappling and athletic feats over pulverizing opponents with mere strength. This is mostly because wrestling involves a degree of showmanship if one is to be successful, thus even though Gamboge’s attacks may take multiple steps to pull off, they are undoubtedly effective in wearing tough opponent’s stamina down. In addition, Gamboge makes effective use of the environments, be it ropes to give increase the momentum of his rebound or a building roof to increase the power of his drop-style moves.

However, Gamboge often has to hold back from using his ability to the fullest in the ring, otherwise he may even kill an opponent.

A description of some of his moves are below.

Gamboge Buster: Gamboge places an opponent's neck on his shoulder and grabs their thighs. He then jumps up and lands in a sitdown position, causing damage to the neck, spine, and groin.

Gamboge Gun: Gamboge grabs the opponent by his legs and arms, locking them into position as he swings them back and forth before launching them several meters forward.

Heel Drop:Gamboge performs a powerful heel drop on the opponent’s head.

Gamboge Cartwheel: Gamboge performs a cartwheel and uses the momentum of the rotation to deliver a powerful kick with the side of his foot.

Gamboge Millenium: Gamboge sends his opponent high in the air vertically, then he runs into one of the ring's ropes at a fast speed, sets himself like a slingshot, and then launches himself into his opponent's back headfirst. The front part of his opponent's body is pushed into the opposite side of the ring's ropes, which leaves noticeable marks of the ropes on the opponent's front.

Preferred Weapon(s): His fists and his brawn.

Semblance: Hustle Muscle! The greater Gamboge’s Velocity, the greater the power of his attacks. As he builds up speed, the G mark on his head begins to burn brightly, the color ranging from saffron to bright gold. This distracting color, coupled with the sheer power of Gamboge at high velocities would make enemy wrestlers prefer to be hit by a train, or have a mountain dropped on them. However, it takes quite some time for Gamboge to build up velocity, and he must not stop moving lest he lose it all. Thus he resorts to flashy throws, rope swings and rebounds, and swift dodges in order to keep his velocity up and please the crowd.

Part 6:

Character Background: Gamboge was very fond of sports as a child, and often watched wrestling matches among other sports with his father. He soon began to crave the glory and wealth the ‘pros’ enjoyed, and wanted nothing more than to become the very best there was. Unfortunately, his parents disapproved, and decided to pressure him into adopting a ‘safe’ path, becoming a mechanic or doctor or something incredibly boring. His father went as far as to bar him from the school’s wrestling and boxing clubs, and his mother would constantly belittle his passions in order to discourage him. This began to sow the seeds of self-doubt in his heart, until he decided to run away from home at the age of 17.

Gamboge had to toughen up on the streets, and used his brawn to win underground championships. With his winnings, he was able to train underneath the famed former wrestler Kinnikuman Mantaro, who provided the positive reinforcement Gamboge needed. Soon, he was ready to step into the legitimate circuit, but a culture of corruption and general disdain of ‘ starving street brats’ prevented him from achieving the success he desired.

Depressed, one day he wandered into a backstreet bar and attempted to drown his sorrows in alcohol, where he met Rozen Et Argent.

“Gorgeous Gamboge, I have a proposition for you.”

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33758242 - 1 week ago

I've decided on a name for my witch inspired OC: Wisteria Lucidity. I'm thinking that I'm most likely going to end up making her a member of the Kill Counters. I like to imagine that the Kill Counter Society has a number of different leader boards at each branch headquarters (highest total kills, highest total kills within a given kingdom, highest kills within a single encounter, highest average kill rate, etc, etc, etc), and I though it'd be interesting (and logical) it the title of being at the top of a leader board (or if someone could achieve it, multiple leader boards) would be a very coveted and respected position, often held by veteran Kill Counters. I thought it'd be fun if Wisteria were a character that a lot of the other Kill Counters (especially the younger members) had a high level of respect and admiration for (and in some cases envy), because she's one of the youngest Kill Counters (if not the youngest) to make it to the top of a leader board (I'm thinking highest average kill rate, and/or highest kills within a single encounter, and maybe at some point, highest total kills, but I'm a bit more hesitant on that one because I'd like that title to be held by the leader of the team that founded the Kill Counter Society; Currant Eudicots).

It would make sense how she got to the top of a leader board too. Her semblance is really well suited for clearing massive numbers of grimm in small frames of time, especially since I imagine she spent A LOT of her time at combat school improving upon her semblance. She's kinda one of those child prodigy characters, and while I can't see her being a mentor character or intentionally being inspirational to anyone, her presence motivates the Kill Counters around her to work harder through sheer admiration. Heck, I could even see some of the younger Kill Counters that haven't met her before being really intimidated by her because they imagine that anyone that holds a top-of-the-leader-board position, especially at such a comparatively young age (for perspective, I imagine that most people at the top of a leader board would be in their forties, maybe early fifties, but Wisteria is in her mid, maybe late twenties), must be super strict. Which she's not, she's just a really hard worker who's good at optimizing her training (the right diet, the right exercise, the right practice, etc.), and who was lucky enough to have a semblance perfectly suited for what she wanted to do. She also has a lot of passion for what she does, so she wasn't really motivated by being at the top of the leader board. She just loves her job (she gets just a bit too much joy out of burning massive hoards of grimm alive).

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33758254 - 1 week ago

Ok I no longer have a button to insert emojis, replying to someone doesn't work (their name in a link doesn't show up in my text box), and now the 'mod this' button is also not working. My entire website is just broken. I just tried to +1 Cool wrestle man and nothing happened.

• A-Tank

A-Tank

#33758257 - 1 week ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

If it makes you feel any better, the +1 Cool has shown up. The website gets really shonky at times.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33758260 - 1 week ago

Weird...I still can't reply to posts though. Also still missing menu options that let me add emojis and links and formatting and such.

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33758261 - 1 week ago

Usually when I have problems like these it's simply a matter of having to refresh my browser.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33758290 - 1 week ago

It's possible...but then I'll lose my 100+ tabs. And yeah.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33758544 - 3 days ago

So I had this one character idea I've been mulling over, and I wanted to get some additional opinions on the idea, see if other people think the idea sounds as fun as I do. I mentioned a while back that I was working on an organization called the Kill Counter Society (an organization that specializes in clearing large quantities of grimm, and has a series of leader boards to make missions more fun, and encourage individual improvement). I also mentioned the idea that the Kill Counter Society would have some kind of AI program that they install into either their weapons or scrolls (I haven't decided yet if it's one or the other, or which ever is most convenient for the individual), that keeps track of individual kill counts, that way no one can embellish their actual scores. I also imagined that this AI would run the leader boards at the four (maybe five if I decide to put a smaller branch in Menagerie) Kill Counter Society branch headquarters, and provide general guidance and assistance to Kill Counter members (giving new recruit directions around the headquarters, calling for backup when missions start going south, maybe even giving in-the-field advice, that sort of thing). Imagining those scenarios, I thought it'd be fun to make this AI kinda like Jarvis from the Iron Man movies in a way, an AI that's advanced enough to have a pseudo-personality and have almost human-like conversations with people (obviously not Penny levels of advance, but advanced enough that Kill Counter Society members could get attached to her). I even had a name for the AI in mind: K.C. (pronounced like the name Casey, and an abbreviation for Kill Counter, since her primary function IS kill counting).

EDIT: Side note here, but I feel like I should come up with a term people in the Kill Counter Society would use to refer to people at the top of a leader board. I'm making a list of the various leader boards the KCS would have, and I realized it takes way too long to say, or type "a new number one record for the (insert leader board name here) leader board has been set by so-and-so". Even if coming up with a nickname for people at the top of a leader board won't shorten a lot of sentences (instead of saying "the people at the top of the leader boards...", characters could just say "the [nickname]s..."), it'll at least make it easier to create some variety among sentences when characters are specifically discussing people at the top of leader boards. Instead of only ever saying "the person at the top of the (insert leader board name here) leader board" over and over again, characters could say "the (nickname) of the (insert leader board name here) leader board".

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33758567 - 3 days ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety I like this idea of leaderboards, but I'm kind of lost on what you mean with the last paragraph. What kind of names are you talking about? A title?

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33758589 - 2 days ago

Sort of. It might not be an official title. I was thinking it's more be a way to show some of the Kill Counter sub culture. Ya know how in school, instead of saying "the people on the various sports teams", people will just say "the jocks", or how instead of saying "the people that are really good with various aspects of working with computers", people will just say "the techies"? I imagined the members of the Kill Counter Society would have a nickname for people at the top of a leader board. I've already got 16 different leader boards in mind, and that number MIGHT expand, so if characters are ever discussing people at the top of leader boards, even if they know the names of all the people at the top of the leader boards, they'll have a lot of drawn out sentences if they're constantly saying "the people at the top of the leader board might not agree with you on that", or "just because he's at the top of one of the leader boards he thinks he's all that", or "we're gonna have to work a lot harder if we ever wanna compete with the people at the top of the leader boards". I'd like to shorten sentences like that to something like "the (nickname)s might not agree with you on that", or "just because he's a (nickname) he thinks he's all that", or "we're gonna have to work a lot harder if we ever wanna compete with the (nickname)s".

EDIT: It's also worth noting that I don't want the nickname to be inherently negative or positive (I used the words "jock" and "techies" as examples, but those tend to be used when the speaker isn't too fond of those groups of people). I want the name to work equally well whether someone is saying "Those pompous (nickname)s need their egos knocked down a few pegs!" or if they're saying "The (nickname)s are so inspiring! To set such impressive records like that must take a lot of dedication!".

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33758594 - 2 days ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety

So you're thinking something like the School Houses in Harry Potter? One thing you can do is come up with a "founder" as it were that established that section and name it after him or her, bonus points if you make the founder's name tie into the theme of their section. If you just want to use a generic term without making it sound like "jock" or "nerd" then it's usually better to use a complete and proper descriptive word rather than something that sounds like slang or shorthand, similar to the factions from the Divergent books: Dauntless, Erudite, Candor etc. Two part names work well too such as ShadowHunters or PathFinders.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33758598 - 2 days ago

In reply to Ace-of-Rogues

....Noooo. I never said anything about houses or group divisions. And I already have a founding story in the works (its not done yet, but here's a script I started for a fanmade WoR covering the origins of the KCS). The Kill Counter Society has a series of leader boards for various accomplishments (Highest Total Kills, Highest Total Kills Within a Single Encounter, Highest Average Kill Rate, Highest Shared Kills, etc.). Anyone in the KCS has the ability to get on the boards, but the people at the top of the boards tend to get a ton of admiration (and envy) from the other members of the Kill Counter Society, because they're considered the most elite members. I'm trying to come up with a nickname that their junior members would have started calling them, either out of admiration or envy. There's no official group division, so it's nothing like Hogwarts houses at all.

EDIT: Here's a comparison that might help; athletes are to Olympians what Kill Counter Society members are to the people at the top of the leader boards (the only difference is that the nickname for people at the top of the leader boards isn't an official title).

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33758622 - 2 days ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety How about just...the toppers? Since they top the charts. I don't know, I just woke up xD

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33758629 - 1 day ago

I dunno. The term Toppers makes me think of a bunch of people wearing top hats. I've been looking up synonyms for words like 'top', 'best', and 'elite', to try and get some ideas, and there's been a few nicknames I've mulled over before deciding they're not all that great. At first, I was considering just calling them the Elites, but that felt un-creative, and didn't feel like a term that people from outside the organization would question. Like I said before, I kinda want the nickname to feel like a part of the KCS sub-culture, so people that aren't part of the organization probably wouldn't understand the nickname upon first hearing it without an explanation. I more recently considered the nickname "Crown Jewels" (because I imagine the KCS headquarters would have a giant screen displaying the leader boards at all times, and so the people with their names at the tops of the leader boards would be in a row, like the jewels in a crown, and 'crown' came up as a synonym for 'top'), but it feels a little too positive, not as admiration-VS-envy neutral as I'd like (unless you're saying it with a LOT of sass and/or sarcasm), and it doesn't really roll off the tongue very well.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33758640 - 1 day ago

Crown jewels is also a term for testicles, I'm pretty sure. So...

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33758644 - 1 day ago

you could go with something that express power. like hurricanes, dragons, thunderbolts, or something similar   

other terms The Ascended, The Powers, The Towers 

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33758646 - 1 day ago

*Family jewels

• Shadow-elements

Shadow-elements

#33758647 - 1 day ago

Hey, so I need a bit of help with one of my oc's. Her name is Tamasa Abgrund and I based her off of the abyss and I came up with this really cool weapon for her but I still need some help working out some things. So her weapon I basically wanted to be a ball and chain where the ball could also turn into a saw blade that would be attached to her back or her waist still working on that one. but I based the weapon off of the viperfish so I wanted to make the ball part like Pac-Man where the ball kinda has three stages, the first is just the plain ball, the second being the Pac-Man state where it could "bite" people or Grimm and shoot different forms of dust, and the final one is  just a plain saw head. I also wanted to kinda mimic a fish in water so I was thinking of it having some gravity dust in it to make it float and make it easier to use. Any help would be appreciated.

• VoshTheStampede

#33758652 - 1 day ago

In reply to Shadow-elements

I think you're asking a lot for a single weapon to do.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33758653 - 1 day ago

In reply to PaperGodzilla

I'm aiming for something that has some level of metaphorical sense to it, that way it's more believable that virtually every member of the KCS would be using the term. A nickname with no meaning to it can easily seem silly and childish, something that only the more carefree members of the organization would use. But if there's logic to the nickname, it not only gives more weight to the idea that the nickname would be used even by the more practical members of the organization, but it also gives the members something to explain if someone from outside the organization ever questions the nickname. I'd like to at some point have a conversation like this happen (i'm gonna use the nickname 'crown jewels' as an example here simply because it's the only nickname I considered so far that has a metaphorical meaning):

KCS member 1: Ugh! Missions are getting so hard these days!
    KCS member 2: I'm not so sure the crown jewels would agree with you on that.
    Person from outside the KCS: Crown jewels?

KCS member 1: That's what we call the people at the top of the leader boards.
    Person from outside the KCS: I..... don't get it?

KCS member 2: The people at the top of the leader boards are the best of us, right? Some people might say they're the shining stars of the Kill Counters... shining like jewels you might say. (looks up at the leader boards) And with the leader boards all in a row like that up there, the shining jewels have their names all in a row, much like the jewels in a crown. Hence the name 'Crown Jewels'.

KCS member 1: Sorry for confusing you. Sometimes we forget that people outside the organization don't really get our lingo. I've lost count of how many times I've had to explain who... or would it be what? I'm just gonna say who. Who K.C. is.

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33758659 - 1 day ago

In reply to Shadow-elements I think your looking for some think like a Meteor hammer

but with blades around the ball. I have two film recomendations that may be good starting paints

Gogo from kill bill using meteor hammer like weapon that has a blade hidden in it &

Master of the flying guillotine this one gives you the saw and the teeth that can bite but its half a ball at the end of the chain.

I would look more for something like the flying guillotine. you could use the floding nature to folt the balls flat to become the saw blades on your wrist and have the teeth of the saw fold over to become the jaws

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33758661 - 1 day ago

In reply to VoshTheStampede Thaaat's what it was. Doesn't it sound a bit too similar?

• Shadow-elements

Shadow-elements

#33758666 - 1 day ago

In reply to PaperGodzilla I'm sorry I'm a little confused are you saying to instead put the weapon on her wrists? Or am I miss interpreting that.

In reply to VoshTheStampede, what exactly about the weapon do you think is too much?

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33758667 - 23 hours ago

In reply to Shadow-elements I miss read your post and assumed you wanted the saw blade on the back of your hand so you could punch with it.   could you explain your idea of having the saw on the back

• Shadow-elements

Shadow-elements

#33758668 - 22 hours ago

In reply to PaperGodzilla Oh okay. My idea was to have the saw blade be apart of the ball that is connected to the chain. So the ball would be made out of metal plates that have saw blades on the "mouth" of the ball (kind of think of it as a book but it's in the shape of a ball so the two semi-circles come together to make a full ball and where the two ends of the cover meet that area has the saw blades.), when it's in the second form the ball opens up a little (so think of it as Pac-Man with teeth) it also has a compartment in the mouth (the spine of the book) where it is able to shoot dust infused bullets, and the final state is where the ball completely opens making it in the shape of a disk where the blades extend a little making it a saw. Hopefully, this was more detailed and gives you a better visual of what I was talking about.