Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (85552)

• fallen_leader123

fallen_leader123

#33726054 - 1 week ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

Oh, definitely. I'm pretty sure they've used names in the show that fall into that category.

• fallen_leader123

fallen_leader123

#33726055 - 1 week ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety

That first paragraph feels like an allegory for how a creator's mind works.

That being said, I still need to finish completing my Faunus character...and making him work...

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33726061 - 1 week ago

In reply to fallen_leader123

That's definitely how the creative part of my brain works, and unfortunately for me, I've been in a creative dead period for over a month now. It's driving me insane!

• c4blec

c4blec Way of the 3rd Dimension

#33726080 - 6 days ago

What in particular are you stuck with?

How the story moves forward?

How a character develops?

The dynamics of a relationship?

What are you unable to write?

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33726085 - 6 days ago

Good news i'm officially done with high school I graduated yesterday.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33726107 - 6 days ago

In reply to c4blec

Nothing like that. The SIN-dicate is more for fun, episodic hijinks than for long narratives, the characters that have been made are fully developed, and dynamics isn't something I really make a decision on because they just create themselves as I determine what a character would say in any given situation. My problem is that I want to move on to making the other branches of the SIN-dicate, but I can't work up the motivation or inspiration to make new characters for those branches, partially because my friend who also works on the SIN-dicate hasn't been in the mood to work on the SIN-dicate at all recently, and it's not as fun coming up with a character when I can't talk about it with the only person who's going to be directly impacted by the character I make.

• Red_Fields

Red_Fields

#33726154 - 6 days ago

What if there was a plumber from another world who used his special wooden hammer to take out enemies, but also jumped on the heads of his opponents to crush their skull?

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33726170 - 6 days ago

In reply to Red_Fields Are you talking about the fact that I'm considering one of my characters' names to be Mario?

• Red_Fields

Red_Fields

#33726177 - 6 days ago

lol, i didnt even read the newer posts, my bad

• c4blec

c4blec Way of the 3rd Dimension

#33726213 - 5 days ago

In reply to Red_Fields

Check this guide out: https://roosterteeth.com/forum/rwby/topic/3399507

Hope its helpful.

You could surprise the dude.

Like make something, see if they like or dislike, and if they disapprove of something no problemo!

Use it as part of your own other personal projects.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33726247 - 5 days ago

In reply to c4blec

That's not what I mean. The way me and my friend work on our OCs is by role-playing them. It helps us get to know our own characters, creates dynamics among team members that we wouldn't have been able to just decide are a thing, and often creates funny hijinks that's just a lot of fun to envision. My friend has a lot of different character projects for a lot of different stuff: her original series, RWBY OCs, characters for my original series, Boku No Hero Academia OCs, OCs for a series I'm not familiar with, and the characters that she has motivation and inspiration to work on changes with her mood. She hasn't been in the mood for SIN-dicate characters in a long time. It's not a matter of getting her approval or disapproval. It's a matter of I can't discuss the character. I can't come up with wacky hijinks that could ensue with that characters team members and expect her to be motivated enough to act out those out. I can't figure out how new characters mesh with one another. And I'm not one of those people that can easily re-adapt a character for a different series. If I make a character for one series, be it a pre-existing series or one of my own creation, that character will only ever feel right as THAT version of themselves.

• fallen_leader123

fallen_leader123

#33726270 - 5 days ago

Funny, that's kinda how I came up with my own OCs so far. I'd try to put my mind in theirs and just roleplay it out to really flesh out their story.

• 00X110

00X110

#33726288 - 5 days ago

In reply to 00X110

That happens a lot. This place is usually either super active to the point some posts get drowned and ignored, or it's totally dead. Very rarely is it somewhere in the middle.

That being said, I have been trying to work up the motivation to do more work on other branches of the SIN-dicate. I think it's harder to find motivation for it at the moment because my one friend who also works on the SIN-dicate hasn't been in the mood for much outside of this one series that she's familiar with and I'm not (if I remember correctly she said it was kinda like a sequal to a series called Homestuck, but the only thing I know about it is that it involves trolls), and it's not as fun to make characters for a project and not be able to have a fun discussion about said character with literally the only other person that works on the project immediately after.

Seems legit lol

• 00X110

00X110

#33726290 - 5 days ago

N/a

• 00X110

00X110

#33726291 - 5 days ago

N/A

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33726347 - 4 days ago

In reply to 00X110 What does this comment even mean? I, too, develop characters by 'imagining' scenarios and interactions in my head and basically watching it mentally like a cartoon. It's really not that uncommon for creative type peeps. Or are you pulling it into question that there's another person working on it? I really don't get it.

• finyte

finyte FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Shut Up Donnie!

#33726357 - 4 days ago

I do the same thing with imagining fight scenes or conversations with different people. Daniel is one OC I imagine a lot, it's cool to picture how he fights; I couldn't even explain in words how I imagine it that's how cool it is lol. 

I also am coming up with a location I plan on integrating into my OC series and it's called "White Noise Forest" it's based off the haunted forest in Transylvania "Hoia Bachu" I'm still in the rough draft phases for that but I'll come back from time to time to get opinions on it. :)

• Red_Fields

Red_Fields

#33726737 - 2 days ago

Yeah, one of the best things to do to develop a character is to think how they interact with various other characters from various other series in whatever scenario you think of.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33726750 - 2 days ago

In reply to Red_Fields That's really the only way it happens for me. I never sit down to think about character traits or developments, they 'just happen' as I daydream.

• Jwebb1115

Jwebb1115 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33726776 - 2 days ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie I’m right there with ya cuz day dreaming is how I get through work

• Jwebb1115

Jwebb1115 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33726840 - 1 day ago

Question. Can allusions for Rwby OCs be anything? 

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33726842 - 1 day ago

In reply to Jwebb1115

Team CFVY is based off deserts. I think anything goes at that point.

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33726853 - 1 day ago

In reply to Jwebb1115 team CRDL (cardinal) is based around birds. So in cannon we have fairy tails, myths of character who swap genders, birds, deserts,  hell I think sssn theme is to look like a K pop boy band.

So just find a theme that works for you 

I have JJET with the member all based on fire themed mythical characters. Vulcan a god of fire, the Moon Rabbit a Sacrifice to fire, the flaming sword of an angle that guard the garden of Eden and Coyote who stole fire for humanity.

I have come up with consepts for other  teams based on gem stone, a team based on stories that involved the number 3, animals with honey in there name honey bee, honey badger, honey bear, honey seeker, I even thought of a team based on landscapes that one was a bit of a stretch but it still worked. you can get creative my current project is a team based on 1930s pulp magazine heroes.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33726858 - 1 day ago

In reply to PaperGodzilla

...hell I think sssn theme is to look like a K pop boy band.

That would explain the episode of RWBY Chibi where they had a battle of the bands.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33726882 - 22 hours ago

In reply to Jwebb1115 I have teams that allude to the following:

-Fairy tales (Alice in Wonderland, Bluebeard, Thumbelina, the Tinderbox)

-Mythical animals (phoenix, Khepri, white tiger of the West, sirens/will-'o-wisps)

-High school cliques (delinquents, nerds, emo/goth/punk/scene kids, popular girls)

-Magic wielding groups (witches, fairies, genies, leprechauns)

-Warriors of the past (vikings, pirates, Romans, African tribal warriors)

-The four horsemen of the apocalypse (victory/pestillence, war, famine/poverty, death)

I love thinking of allusions. Anything is fine, really.