Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (85614)

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33759484 - 1 month ago

So uh...to make up for my lack of OC-related content, here's a little comic I made last inktober featuring my team ATMN. I have a couple more inktober drawings that feature RWBY OCs that I could share, but I won't do them all at once. Space it out a bit.

Well...the image link appears to be broken, but let's see if it's fixed when I post it. If not, I'll replace it with a hyperlink instead.

EDIT: yeah, no, okay, the link is fucked. Click here to see it instead. 

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33759485 - 1 month ago

Retry with an imgur link instead:oia8aSp.jpg

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33759486 - 1 month ago

Yay! Okay, sorry for the triple post.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33759487 - 1 month ago

Hold the fuck. Did I already post these last October? I did, didn't I. MY MEMORY IS A SIEVE 

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33759489 - 1 month ago

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

pokemon-sun-and-moon-team-skull-2.jpg
    Wears a beanie, sits in a squat position, grumpy facial expression..... was she by any chance inspired by Team Skull from Pokemon Sun and Moon?

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33759490 - 1 month ago

WvG11.jpg

WvG12.jpg

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33759507 - 1 month ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety Actually, she was created before Sun and Moon came out. Rather, both her and Team Skull are inspired by the same thing: delinquents!

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33759508 - 1 month ago

Weiss. WYD.

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33759511 - 1 month ago

I hate that I have to leave Weiss in such an awkward position, but my flight to RTX is leaving soon. I'll try to have the continuation of this fight start on Monday.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33759514 - 1 month ago

In reply to VoshTheStampede There's no rush! Take your time.

• VoshTheStampede

#33759515 - 1 month ago

I will say this: there is a method to her madness.

• VoshTheStampede

#33759519 - 1 month ago

Ah confound it. I've been reading through After the Fall and there's a character with the exact same semblance as Erin. I won't spoil who, but I do need to workshop a new semblance for Gawain's uncle.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33759542 - 1 month ago

In reply to VoshTheStampede What's after the fall? I must've missed this.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33759543 - 1 month ago

It's a book following Team CVFY's adventures in Vacuo after the fall of beacon. I haven't read it, but I've heard a little about it.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33759546 - 1 month ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety Can you read it somewhere for free? Is it good?

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33759556 - 1 month ago

I haven't read it, so I can't say whether or not it's good. All I know is what I've heard youtubers say about it (which basically amounts to "Hey, we now know what the semblances of all the members of team CFVY are!"), and I haven't really been interested enough to look up if there's any place you can read it for free, so no idea there either.

• VoshTheStampede

#33759564 - 1 month ago

You can get it on Amazon for like $7.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33759570 - 1 month ago

d8c1fa3a0042dd817a5e1727eecc7d3489780cfb

Happy Independence Day!!!

• Shadow-elements

Shadow-elements

#33759578 - 1 month ago

Hey, so I have a character for a RWBY team I'm making and I'm having some trouble coming up with a weapon for her. Her name is Genaya Brooks and her semblance allows her to increase her thinking and movement speed when she enters a calmed state. I have been trying to come up with a good weapon but all I could think of was a trident but that has already been done in the show. Any suggestions?

• PaperGodzilla

PaperGodzilla

#33759580 - 1 month ago

well I find wikipedia good starting point for weapon ideas.  If you're looking for for pole arms you can use this link.. Pole arms wikipedia  my personal recommendation is to go with something trident like but different so I would start with a Ranseur    then based on the info you have given about the semblances need for a calm state of mind. I would recommend using something light for the gun. so maybe something like a semi auto rifle like an M1 garand rifle. if you want rapid fire you might want to use the special force go to sub-machine gun MP5

for  better ideas we would need a little more information that could help with developing a weapon concept.  like what effects do you want the weapon to have, is it going to use some form of dust for magic like effects or just to fire blast.  if "its also a gun" what kind of gun do you want. (you don't have to be a gun person a general descriptions would be fine.) anther thing that can affect weapon choice is what is the character inspired by like Nora is Thor so she has a hammer that fires explosive thunder. Pyrrha is Achilles so her weapons have a Greek warrior theme sword/spear & shield.

• Shadow-elements

Shadow-elements

#33759581 - 1 month ago

In reply to PaperGodzilla Oh okay. No, I just wanted her to fire normal rounds of ammunition. For guns, I wanted something that was lightweight and easy to fire so the MP5 that you suggested is probably the best option. And for her Allusion, i based her on the waves of the ocean. Hopefully, this gives you a better understanding.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33759582 - 1 month ago

In reply to Shadow-elements

Just because it's been done in cannon doesn't mean the weapon can't be reused. Ya just gotta put your own unique spin on it. Maybe the tips of the trident can shoot out, and have cables attaching them to the main pole, then you can use the cables like a cat-o-nine-tails whip, or you can have the points of the trident unfold into grappling hooks, that way when she retracts the cable, she can use the trident points to zip around. Great for adding a mid-range attack function, and giving her an advantage in terms of battle field maneuverability.

EDIT: It'll also fit with her ocean wave allusion since the movement of the cables could resemble the up and down motion of smaller waves.

• Shadow-elements

Shadow-elements

#33759584 - 1 month ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety oh wow thanks! That really helps a lot! You are a very creative individual.

• Rakolai

Rakolai FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Huntsman

#33759595 - 1 month ago

So I was reading up on a summary of today's RWBY panel at RTX and came across something interesting that was mentioned.

Apparently, there's going to be a discussion on Semblances in Volume 7, specifically on how people can have the same Semblance as someone else even without being related (it mostly boils down to identical function with aesthetic differences). If this turns out to be true, this could make it easier to make characters since coming up with a completely original Semblance won't be entirely necessary anymore.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33759599 - 1 month ago

In reply to Shadow-elements

Not a problem. I ask for help with weapon and semblance ideas around here all the time. It'd be kinda stingy if I didn't contribute the ONE time I've actually got a decent idea to suggest in return.

In reply to Rakolai

I mean, there's already a limited amount of difference between Sun and Blake's semblances, and if remnant's population is even a quarter of earth's then it seems likes a statistic impossibility that NO two people have semblances that are functionally identical, so yeah, can't say I'm surprised to hear that.