Forums > RWBY

Create a character for RWBY

Posts (85651)

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33761120 - 1 week ago

For those who don't know,this version of the community site will be closed down permanently at the beginning of next month. So if you want to archive your stuff, now's the time.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33761125 - 1 week ago

In reply to VoshTheStampede

I know they're trying to encourage people to migrate to the new website, but it still seems pretty harsh to just trash all the conversations on this community site. I sincerely have to disagree with the official post when they say it's a "positive step towards bringing the community together". Seems to me more like they're scattering some of the oldest groups, and forcing them to either hunt each other down again in order to remake the old forum, or what's more likely to happen with social anxiety people like me; give up on participation in the RWBY fandom entirely.

EDIT: Doesn't help that the archiver tool makes no sense to me.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33761138 - 1 week ago

Is there a way for us all to keep in contact with each other? I don't really wanna migrate to the new site. I'll get to archiving my shit some time when I feel like it.

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33761139 - 1 week ago

I have discord, we could make a server to stay in contact.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33761144 - 1 week ago

In reply to FlameHaze001

What would that involve?

• VoshTheStampede

VoshTheStampede FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold For Science

#33761162 - 1 week ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety

In reply to AnimeAnnemarie

Lamentable as it may be, we are also in the vast minority of RT community members. The old ways of the forums have given way to the new drip-feed posting systems of Twitter, Tumblr, and Reddit. As much as it sucks to lose thousands of pages of posts and years of conversations, we have to recognize that it wasn't going to last forever. I will miss posting comic pages and OC character sheets here.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33761168 - 1 week ago

In reply to VoshTheStampede Me too. How's the discord idea for you?

• VoshTheStampede

#33761172 - 1 week ago

I'm already on a RWBY content creators discord. I wouldn't mind joining another one, but if you guys want to hop on this one I could get some invite links.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33761180 - 1 week ago

If discord has a text only method of use and isn't just audio chat, then maybe I could deal with just migrating to a discord. Depends on how much of a learning curve there is to navigate the discord site (i tried to use discord one time a long while back, and I remember having absolutely NO idea how to do anything because there was just WAY too many things to click on and it was a complete sensory overload).

• VoshTheStampede

#33761182 - 1 week ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety

A majority of the Discords I use are text only. They're basically big chat rooms with optional voice channels for when people want to talk in person.

• FlameHaze001

FlameHaze001

#33761185 - 1 week ago

If an invite link is posted I wouldn't mind joining.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33761186 - 1 week ago

I don't mind either way, new discord or old.

• Ace-of-Rogues

Ace-of-Rogues FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Main Weapon: Rapier Wit

#33761191 - 1 week ago

I'm game.

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33761193 - 1 week ago

It'll probably take me a while to figure out how to use discord, but it's better than trying to get past my social anxiety to join a group with people I've never spoken to before, so make that four votes in favor of a discord forum.

• Monodramatic

Monodramatic

#33761204 - 1 week ago

I guess this development is leaving us all discordant 

• Ace-of-Rogues

#33761206 - 1 week ago

In reply to Monodramatic

As they say on OXBOX and OXTRA: Boooo!

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33761210 - 1 week ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety Discord isn't really a forum; it's a live chat, like Skype.

• Monodramatic

Monodramatic

#33761220 - 1 week ago

I guess we're all just waiting for the server to be made, then?

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33761222 - 1 week ago

A perfect example of how little I understand discord.
    In reply to Monodramatic

Seems like it. Now for the million dollar question of who's making the server.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33761224 - 1 week ago

In reply to Jacinta-Capelety I can make one no problem if you guys would like that. Sound good to everyone?

• VoshTheStampede

#33761227 - 1 week ago

Just drop a link when it's ready.

• Ace-of-Rogues

#33761228 - 1 week ago

Sounds good.

• AnimeAnnemarie

AnimeAnnemarie

#33761230 - 1 week ago

https://discord.gg/swEZbc COME AND JOIN, LADS!

• Jacinta-Capelety

Jacinta-Capelety

#33761237 - 1 week ago

It says I joined, but I guess I already made an account at some point cause it won't let me claim the account I just made. I don't know how to remove this unusable account from the chat.

EDIT: It won't let me delete the account, and when I tried to hit Login, it automatically logged me into the unusable account, and I don't see a logout button. Why does the login button not turn into a log out button once you login?!

• cat0war

cat0war

#33761343 - 4 days ago

Name: Apricot
    Weapon Name: hell shock
    Specialization: scouting

Personality: up beat and optimistic

Weapon and Skills: his weapons are gloves with shock absorb/emitters on the finger tips, palms, knuckles and back of hand and his general skill is are quick thinking

semblance: apricots semblance allows him to move and react faster (his eyes also go wight)

if you think ultimates are a thing:

name super nova

he turns into lightning, moves Evan faster and can see sharper

my charector