Forums > RWBY

RWBY Weapon Ideas

Posts (211)

• Jasun

Jasun

#32291728 - 5 years ago

I had an idea for velvet's weapon. Well because she's voiced by an Aussie (Caiti)I felt like she should keep true blue by having boomerangs. The weapon would look like a futurisitic boomerang keeping the same principles throwing it and returning to you. But where the the boomerang starts to curve put a gun there and put blades on the end of the sides of the boomerang and on the back curve of the boomerang put a grip there, but it can detached (by firing the boomerang of the brass knukle handle) from the main boomerang and be used as brass knukles. Velvet would use 2 of these gunerangs when fighting.
    So yeah thats my on what i think Velvets weapon should be like. I am working on a drawing and i will post it soon.

• XcomBull98

XcomBull98

#32291729 - 5 years ago

[img]http://s3.roosterteeth.com/images/XcomBull985351907ce1b27t.jpg

• XcomBull98

XcomBull98

#32291730 - 5 years ago

roosterteeth.com/members/images/image.php?id=3...
    http://roosterteeth.com/members/images/image.php?id=3551541
    this is assailant spine is an assault rifle with grenade launcher is capable of firing explosive tips on the butt, and also becomes a mallet and a cover for the right arm with an ax with teeth and spikes on the knuckles

• TheDoctorD

TheDoctorD

#32291731 - 5 years ago

Just putting a few combos out here I've already thought up for some of my OC's.

1. A bigass shield that is also a missile battery. Causes an explosion when smashed against an unsuspecting fool.
    2. A crossbowgun that shoots different types of arrows, bullets or dust. Long-range combat only.
    3. A lance that doubles as a cannon.
    And my second personal favourite, 4. a large FLAMETHROWER CHAINSAW!!!

• dgsilv3r

dgsilv3r

#32291732 - 5 years ago

I'm in the process of creating Argenseur for my OC.
    A gauntlet with a handcannon on the wrist.
    From m the gauntlet four corners of a shield hatch out like Jaune's shield.
    It all comes together to form a gun shield about 3ft long and 2ft wide

• jayman56

jayman56 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32291733 - 5 years ago

The weapon I came up with is a long staff with high calibre rifle mechanism on each end with a scope built in to the mechanism on both ends of the staff. There is also a duel sided blade on the end of each side of the staff. When the weapon shrinks down to portable size the 2 high calibre rifles come together to form one high powered rifle (about 70% of the size of Ruby's rifle in neutral gun mode) with the 2 scopes joining together to form 1 large scope. In staff mode the scopes are situated on the top of one gun mechanism on one side and on the bottom of the gun mechanism on the other side of the staff so there is always an option to use a scope when using the staff.

• dgsilv3r

dgsilv3r

#32291734 - 5 years ago

In reply to jayman56, #31:

Interesting concept, but with high powered rifles, it seems a bit hard to aim without a butt or a way to root into the ground.

• jayman56

jayman56 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32291735 - 5 years ago

In reply to DGsilv3r, #32:

Agreed, I need to edit this a bit. Thank you for the feedback. :)

• skyRaptor

skyRaptor FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32291736 - 5 years ago

I think it would be cool to see
    1. Dueling swords that can be put together to form a railgun
    2. Flamethrower Lance with thrusters

• dgsilv3r

dgsilv3r

#32291737 - 5 years ago

In reply to skyRaptor, #34:

1. I wonder how the shape of that would be.
    2. Yes! A flamethrower lance sounds winning!

• CaptCheese

CaptCheese FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32291738 - 5 years ago

In reply to skyRaptor, #34:

Like the dueling swords into rail guns, only problem is that they have to be magnetic.

• thechrislee

thechrislee

#32291739 - 5 years ago

I don't think they would need to be magnetic, just (strongly) electrified. One positive and one negative. That could potentially be achieved through dust or semblance.

Here is a sword I designed (not for RWBY, but partly inspired by it) that incorporates two electrified swords. When they are connected, they function as a taser sword. When separated, they can electrocute enemies by striking them simultaneously at different points on the body. I hadn't considered the railgun idea - I'll have to add that in at some point.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiCFhwvIvCg

thechrislee53bf8c5559831.jpg

thechrislee53bf8be623b29.jpg

I also have a few RWBY weapons on my page, but I already posted them in another weapon thread. I don't know is it weird to post the same stuff in multiple similar threads?

• SamAlbro

SamAlbro FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Sam Albro

#32291740 - 5 years ago

Trying my hand at the "Gun-Gun."

SamAlbro53d04942af2a0.jpg

changes between sniper rifle, shotgun, and assault rifle.

• DeathBard

DeathBard

#32291741 - 5 years ago

My OC's weapons of choice is what I call a Cleavolver. It's a Cleaver style blade that can change into a revolver gun and back for sleek and devastating power.

• jayman56

#32291742 - 5 years ago

In reply to DeathBard, #39:

In reply to SamAlbro, #38:

In reply to thechrislee, #37:

All these ideas are awesome keep it up!!

• Father10

Father10

#32291743 - 5 years ago

I have a few ideas

1. Dusk Hammer
    image.php?id=3534118
    Dusk Hammer is a gun and an ancient Chinese weapon Meteor Hammer in one. The iron ball is studded with dust crystals that explode on impact. The way it works is the usual gun for range, a grappling hook for swinging around, climbing and to grab opponents and either pull them closer or trip them, and the hook can grab the iron ball to act as the hammer weapon. Finaly the chain of the weapon can act like as defense from melee attacks. Weapon made for a Faunus character I created named Mingan Logon.

2. Raging Stallion
    image.php?id=3541785
    One of two Tonfas, design with two opposite barrels for range attacks and a blades powered by dust giving the wielder the extra edge in battle. weapon of another character of mine, Phion MacComhal

3. Death Note (witch ever way you spell note in musical terms.)
    Don't have an image for this but the way i have imagined the weapon is that its a green Violin that can open up to become and crossbow with crystal tipped boilts for range and for close combat the base of the violin forms into a targe (also know as a small round shield) and the tuning head is the handle of a dirk (Long dagger/ short sword). Weapon made for an other character of mine named Eirma Sunlong.

4. Dust Cross
    image.php?id=3536861
    A medallion that alow the weilder to have controle of the ellements; fire, earth, wind, water. Reason for it being a cross is because of the character I created Brawzin Torum was part of a thing you may call a cult or clan. cant remember where in my journal explanes his background only that his original name was once Fie.

• kilbride

kilbride FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32291744 - 5 years ago

Kilbride53dff5e7b2c23.jpg
    The idea behind this is weapon is a handgun who's revolving magazine also acts as its barrel. It can be fire single rounds of dust or many due to the mechanism that allows the barrel to revolve like a minigun

• kilbride

kilbride FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32291745 - 5 years ago

In reply to Kilbride, #42:

Kilbride53dff62eaeb28.jpg
    Kilbride53dff66c528e6.jpg
    The idea behind the gun was that it was to be used as a flare-gun like side arm that can use many different types if ammunition and therefore has no other function so far

• Dugregas

Dugregas

#32291746 - 5 years ago

Well I just recently finished an idea regarding the a project by Bestiga Incorporated done during the last few years they remained active as a company & it lead to a few weapons developed based on my original character Dustboy's abilities & weapon uses. I am calling these 2 weapons the DAP (Dust Arm Prosthesis) which lead to the final product the mighty DRAG (Dust Regeneration Ability Gear). If your interested in this or think it can make a future vol of RWBY then reply back on these 2 ideas of mine. There is a background story to the past & present status of these devices because by the timewise, the White Fang had lost all contact with Bestiga Incorporated which by the time of RWBY Season 2 is about 6 years (Based on Blake's info on White Fang in ep 16 of Season 1). But the things they did will haunt the world Remnant at 1 point or another, maybe, hopefully not.

• thechrislee

thechrislee

#32291747 - 5 years ago

thechrislee53ec8474939fa.jpg

thechrislee53ec846110ce0.jpg

This is what I am calling a Dust Strike Katana (Although it is much larger than a standard katana - about 53" total length, 1/2" thick blade). It was inspired by the German curved-barrel gun, designed for firing out of tank hatches or around corners.

4711540593_8fbd47bc2e.jpg

Standard bullets can be used to produce a recoil force that effectively propels the blade along it's cutting path. The weapon can also use a variety of dust ammunition to create ranged dust strikes (or maybe just green dust? haven't decided on the colors yet). When a dust round is fired, the curve induces a large amount of friction, causing the crystal to disintegrate along the blade and release all of its energy very quickly.

thechrislee53ec8295e2724.jpg

Here's an example of what I think a "ranged dust strike" might look like (except the flames would travel outward)

101080246_a99072191d_z.jpg?zz=1

• Dugregas

Dugregas

#32291748 - 5 years ago

In reply to thechrislee, #45:

If I was a weapon supplier looking for a new product to sell........................I WOULD BUY A @#$% LOAD OF THOSE! That's a beautiful piece of weaponry you've designed my friend!!! I'LL TAKE 1,000........10,0000.............HOW MANY I AM I ALLOW TO BUY OFF YOU?!!! 10/10!

• thechrislee

thechrislee

#32291749 - 5 years ago

In reply to Dugregas, #46:

Haha thanks :D

• Westimus

Westimus FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32291750 - 5 years ago

I had an idea for a weapon but it doesn't actually have a gun part to it at all. I was thinking of like a two handed broad sword that can split apart into two twin blades that can then be dual wielded and the hilt of the original sword can be extended so it forms like a bladed bo staff like weapon. What do y'all think?

• Dugregas

Dugregas

#32291751 - 5 years ago

In reply to SirWestopher, #48:

Boardsword/Dual Blades/Staff. I would like to see another 3 in 1 weapon. Sun has a Shotguns/Nunchucks/Staff weapon. Yeah get on that so I can stare at another piece of fine weaponry.

• Westimus

Westimus FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32291752 - 5 years ago

In reply to Dugregas, #49:

I'm glad you like the idea and I wish I could draw so I could create it