Forums > RWBY

RWBY Weapon Ideas

Posts (211)

• LordPoConffuzzled

LordPoConffuzzled

#33286620 - 2 years ago

Been trying to come up with an idea for a Cheshire cat inspired of, but can't think of anything good.

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33286622 - 2 years ago

In reply to LordPoConffuzzled

Well the cat's grin

7a245af2fd806623ffde506c6bbd0b68.jpg

Reminds me of the Greek Axe heads

otherweapon32.jpg

So maybe have an axe gun

axe-gun.jpg

where the blade folds up into the foregrip and slides out like the Cheshire's grin back teeth to forward teeth. Have the blade be irregular to give the impression of teeth. Maybe have gems on the foregrip that slides into the Greek axe holes to make the eyes.

Just a quick and dirty idea.

• Kalephrex

Kalephrex FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold 3D Modeler, Weapon Ogler

#33292040 - 2 years ago

Shameless self plug: http://kalephrex.deviantart.co...

Its a little difficult even for me to fully describe how these would work, I had a much clearer image in my head when I designed it months ago.  And so I leave that bit of creative freedom to the community.  Lemme know what you think.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33292068 - 2 years ago

In reply to Kalephrex

Nice. Add a few retractable blades and some lights, and it's some show-ready awesomeness on a string!

• Wolfram812

Wolfram812

#33292549 - 2 years ago

i have worked out what my idea is and it's an assault rifle/shotgun/grenade launcher  with a riot shield which combine to form a glaive with a smaller shield along the idea of more if a bladed arm guard for my non dominent hand

• CBeitz

CBeitz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33298500 - 2 years ago

An even bigger Paladdin or maybe a older precursor to the same design.

Just quick of the top of my head here.

The Arrow Defense Systems(ADS) FC-501"Sentinel" was originally commissioned by the kingdoms of Vale and Atlas to provide a heavily armored vehicle capable of deployment to remote settlements to defend the far reaches of each kingdom's borders from any Grimm, military, or terrorist threat. 

Initial treaded and wheeled designs proved incapable of traversing the treacherous terrain of the remote regions so a revolutionary bipedal configuration was chosen for the final design.

The Sentinel was powered by a pair of 18.8 litre diesel engines coupled to a hydraulic drivetrain, carried a 40mm cannon and 30mm autocannon on each arm as it's primary weapons, and 2 150mm auto loading mortar cannons on it's back capable of providing artillery support to Huntsmen, infantry, and other allied units operating on the battlefield. 

It had a loaded weight of nearly 60,000kg and was one of the heaviest land vehicles ever operated by any military in Remnant, it was also unfortunately also one of the most expensive at a per unit procurement cost equivalent to 2-3 VTOL aircraft, as well as requiring extensive training to ensure operator proficiency.  

The Sentinel program was cancelled shorty after the delivery of the first operational units due to a lack of support for the program's cost during a time of relative peace.  

The cancellation of Sentinel production had bankrupted ADS resulting in the liquidation of Arrow's assets, leaving the military scrambling to find suppliers to produce the necessary parts and equipment to maintain existing units resulting in it's short service period of only 8 years before the Sentinels were decommissioned and placed in storage.

No official records confirming the number of operational Sentinels deployed on active duty have ever been provided by the governments of either Vale or Atlas, but the best estimates from defense analysts indicate only 25-40 units were ever deployed before being mothballed.

However tall tales form old soldiers and Huntsmen say a Sentinel in combat was akin to an unstoppable force of nature capable of felling even the nigh indestructible Goliaths.

Unlike their real-world namesake at least they got to see deployment, and weren't cut up and thrown into a lake.

• Wolfram812

Wolfram812

#33299783 - 2 years ago

I've finally gotten around to sketching my weapon called 5 seconds of pain not after the band which is a riot shield and assault rifle which transforms into a glaive along with a pistol of the likes of ironwood and the rifle and shield combine to form a LMG though no clue what to name the shield. Suggestions are welcome! Yang in there! Rwby oc weapon  

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33299794 - 2 years ago

Despite its many faults, here's one I've been working on. A modular plasma weapon, wireless power supply and superconducting magnets for component suspension. This is just meant to be a cool callback to some of Tesla's most entertaining and interesting experiments and inventions, and a weapon of choice for my OC.

The Polyphase Warfare Rectifier

2347612-1474605039910-IMG_20160922_0001.
    2347612-1474410605632-PWR.jpg

• _tatimonique_

_tatimonique_

#33309775 - 2 years ago

After watching the series, I of course started to think of what kind of character I would make. What came to my mind was a weapon that's essentially a pen/pencil that is kept behind the characters ear. When used, the wielder can draw objects in mid-air to there advantage, whether it's some sort of shield to defend from attacks or even larger weapons/dust elements.

• Lunarous18

Lunarous18

#33310001 - 2 years ago

Ok so what if you had a trident, the two outer tongs were longer than the middle one, but have a minor dust explosive in the polearm and a line run the hollowed inside of the resilient metal, so you could shoot the center trident and retract enemies into the other two tongs! In reply to WannabeEval

• Wolfram812

Wolfram812

#33314193 - 2 years ago

In reply to Lunarous18 That is pretty awsome idea maybe put a very thin and string retractable cable in the middle prong and shaft also.

• Dan6915

Dan6915 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33321876 - 2 years ago

My idea is two gauntlets that use dust for elemental attacks. It uses ice,fire,earth,and wind dust, and each one has a different attack.

Fire- shoots a fire blast that explodes on impact

Ice- shoots ice crystals 

Wind- a gust of wind that not only can blow back opponents, but also can propel the use in a given direction 

Earth- surrounds the users arms in stone which can block attacks and increase striking power

Don't have a name for this so someone can come up with something if they want 

• azurie11

azurie11

#33321966 - 2 years ago

In reply to Kamikaze839

What kinds of weapon combos would you all like to see in RWBY? If it were me it would be Gunchucku (Gun + Nunchucku)

^^ forgot about Sun's weapon already i take it? he has twin gunchucks. But yes I would like to see some other weapon designs something as unique as Velvettes 

• Cruxfall

Cruxfall FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33339440 - 2 years ago

In reply to azurie11

In reply to Kamikaze839

What kinds of weapon combos would you all like to see in RWBY? If it were me it would be Gunchucku (Gun + Nunchucku)

^^ forgot about Sun's weapon already i take it? he has twin gunchucks. But yes I would like to see some other weapon designs something as unique as Velvettes 

Kamikaze839 made the post on: September 7 2013. Sun got introduced into RWBY in Volume 1 Episode 15, which got released October 31st 2013. Basically his post is what eventually did inspire Sun's weapon! Well done Kamikaze839! 

In reply to Dan6915

That would basically be Ember Celica (Yang's weapon) with the ability to excrete dust. 

EDIT: Added reply to Dan6915

• DoubleTheGunForTheFun

DoubleTheGunForTheFun

#33341716 - 2 years ago

Weapon Name: Hermit Howlitzers

Type: Melee, Ranged, Dust.

Deprivations: Dual Kekko Tagi Claws, Dual Pata Swords, Dual IMI Dagles.

Class: DHCB (Dual Handcannon Claw Blades)

Owner: Grayson Sterling

---

Range: Medium to Long

Damage: Similar to Ironwood's Revolver

Ammo clip: 14 total, 7 in one clip.

---

Description: Hermit Howlitzers are Gray Sterling’s signature weapons that he uses for combat. The weapons are Dual Handcannon Claw Blades (DHCB). As the name implies, the weapon consists of three types of weapons that transforms from their ranged pair of Desert Eagles, Tekko Kagi claw blades or Pata gauntlet swords. The handcannons are capable of firing at a long range while having the power of a cannon. The bullet damage from these two handcannons are similar to that of Ironwood's revolver while the handcannons uses dust-laced bullets stored in magazine carriages like Ruby Rose's Crescent Rose. The claws are best for quicker, hack and slash attacks that is mainly used by Grayson.

---

Trivia:

-The Hermit Howlitzers are based off the following real life weapons: the IMI Desert Eagle handgun, the . 

-The biggest issue was picking a weapon where the weapon would be both cool looking and is wielded akimbo style. Originally, the weapon was a wrist cannon that shoots wind based projectiles but was cut because it was boring and doesn’t fit with the character during a fighting.The final choice for the weapon and fighting style came from the 2002 American dystopian science fiction action film "Equilibrum" where the main character, John Preston uses two custom-made handguns and fights a gun related fighting style called "Gun Kata" or "Gun Fu"

-The weapon’s name “Howlitzers” isn’t actually a real word, it’s an accidental error in writing that came during naming but was left since it sounds cool.  The original name is supposed to be the word “Howitzer” which is another word that means “Cannon” but instead became “Howlitzer” as it sounds much more easier to say and fits with the type of weapon since the two guns are categorized as Handcannons.

-While "Hermit" is a word that means "a person living in solitude as a religious discipline." While the religious part is highly unlikely, Hermit references Grayson's introverted or rather his Lone Wolf personality since he prefers to doing things by himself and remains alone.

---

This belongs to this character here >#33322295

STILL IN DEVELOPMENT...

• jack_l

jack_l FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33360959 - 2 years ago

It would be cool if we saw a gambler who uses a deck of cards as a weapon. I always thought that being able to throw cards like ninja stars was a really cool skill to have and it could give an interesting new side character with it. The different suits of the card deck could have different effects too (sort of like ruby's sniper bullets)

• Cruxfall

Cruxfall FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33363539 - 2 years ago

In reply to Jack_L

You mean like Twisted Fate from League of Legends? 

• ShyWhiteMage

ShyWhiteMage FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold UNITED STATES OF SMASH

#33404514 - 2 years ago

Any good ideas for a bow combination weapon? I have an OC that wields a bow that fires various dust arrows. I'd figure it would look similar to this:

https://i5.walmartimages.com/a...

• Kalephrex

Kalephrex FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold 3D Modeler, Weapon Ogler

#33405860 - 2 years ago

Two of the most interesting designs that I've seen for bow are Mark Zheng's gun-bow and Serah's sword-bow from FFXIII.  If you're looking for a good idea, try to point out a bow's weaknesses and counteract them like how the gun compensates for a slow fire rate and the sword compensates for weak melee prowess.  

• ShyWhiteMage

ShyWhiteMage FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold UNITED STATES OF SMASH

#33406973 - 2 years ago

In reply to Kalephrex

Well how about a bow that transforms into an automatic rifle? Either that or something more simple like a battle axe.

• Kalephrex

#33409901 - 2 years ago

Whatever you'd like.  "Every student makes their own weapon".  I'd just like you to remember that the most unique weapons are unique for a reason.  And maybe instead of thinking of the final combination, you could just combine two of your favorite things and get a cookies and cream or peanut butter and jelly with just your organic interests.

• wolfz26

wolfz26

#33427817 - 2 years ago

I have this idea for a long sword/glaive/sniper, but I can't draw to save my life.

• ShyWhiteMage

#33427852 - 2 years ago

I've finally managed to come up with a good alternate weapon for the bow of my OC to transform into. Anyone familiar with these particular weapons?

Shaolin Twin Hooks

• revanninja

revanninja FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold One who is judged by the

#33427853 - 2 years ago

In reply to EMRLD-Mew2

Hook swords yes and I think someone used them for a crossbow on DA if I recall right. Obviously doesnt mean you are out because of that.

Have the handles become one and the blade bend right and you can create a recurve bow.

bow_parts_recurve_bow.jpg

• maverickx12

maverickx12

#33428986 - 2 years ago

Someone please make a bow, either recurve or compound (as the wheels and extra parts could aid in its transformation), that folds itself over into a sword so the string becomes internal and allows it to become a maim sword (a sword whip). I might start designing conceptual art for it and working out the transformation myself soon but I can't draw to save my life.