Forums > RWBY

RWBY Weapon Ideas

Posts (211)

• Ghostman767

Ghostman767

#33429243 - 2 years ago

So, an interesting design I have been entertaining for a while called "Silver Gloves" . Dust can be embedded into clothing, why not embed dust into molten silver and form a type of glove/gauntlet.  It would cover everything up to half of your fore arm on both arms and with the embedded dust, it could take shape of any object it's user had in mind, at a cost of the users aura.  These "Silver Gloves" couldn't use any elemental powers since all the dust in it is used for transformations, and any long range attacks would require ammo since the cartridges could be formed.  As long as the mass is conserved they could take shape of any weapon or tool needed for the moment, but would require a large portion of the users aura to do so. When not in a transformation they act as gauntlets. 

• Kalephrex

Kalephrex FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold 3D Modeler, Weapon Ogler

#33432365 - 2 years ago

In reply to Ghostman767 Maybe instead of Silver you use Gallium since Gallium is cheaper than silver but can remain in liquid form at room temperature like Mercury except it isn't toxic.  To keep it solid as a weapon/gauntlet you could sprinkle some ice dust on it and just keep it chilled.  However, that may feel too much like a deus ex weapon (i.e. 3 stronk 5 me) and as we saw with Pyrrha's polarity manipulation that she wasn't able to make any precise movements with her powers.  She had the strength to hurl giant sprockets but never the precision that would be required to instantly mold a sword from a gauntlet, this is even more important because she was essentially the top of her class and there are few people who would have greater control/power than her.

• Ghostman767

Ghostman767

#33434339 - 2 years ago

In reply to Kalephrex  I don't get your reference with deus ex because I don't play. On the mention of Pyrrha, although she had the ability to move large objects, that was with her semblance.  Almost any of the weapons shown can instantly change into different forms almost instantly, which is this would be doing as well.  I do kind of like the idea of using Gallium for it instead and the name "Gallium Gloves" is interesting as well.  The only reason I didn't use gallium for my original idea was because of how brittle it is as a solid. Silver is stronger as a solid, and i'm assuming the dust would do the transformations for me so melting point would be irrelevant. 

• Fractles

Fractles

#33435505 - 2 years ago

In reply to Ghostman767 If you are not dealing with melting points then you might want to go with an alloy of iron. You can get thousands of different characteristics from iron/steel if you add tiny amounts of other elements. Silver is tricky because metallurgically its pretty weird. For one its actually quite soft and wouldn't work as a weapon, but It also happens to be the most conductive metal element which would make it incredibly weak to electrical attacks (ie: wouldn't help at all). Another cool element could be tungsten because of its incredible density. If we are still assuming melting point is not a problem then you could make some really cool things out of tungsten. (It melts at around 3,422 Degrees C) You could for super hardened, and super sharp blades that would break after use, but immediately reformed, or shields that could absorb the force from any attacks causing them to shatter then reform. The main problem would be weight, tungsten is really, really heavy (19.25 g/cm3). Anyway, don't limit yourself to silver even if it is cool. 

Sorry for ranting, I like metallurgy 

• Ghostman767

Ghostman767

#33436328 - 2 years ago

In reply to Fractles I too like metallurgy, and didn't consider tungsten, other than the shattering I would have no problem. I don't know if dust would be able to keep reforming metal after shattering, or if it would require the use of the owners aura. With steel I could use "Damascus Gloves" and form sharper blades. I did just like the name silver gloves, which was the whole reason I used silver.    

• hydra645

hydra645

#33439656 - 2 years ago

Hey everyone, I've been trying and having a bit of trouble coming up with a weapon for my OC. I wanted something similar in function as Pyrrha's Milo, in respect to being able to shoot, be used in melee AND be thrown, but don't want to make a copy. The first idea I had was some kind of Tomahawk crossed with some kind of pistol, so the pistol could be fired and the tomahawk could both be thrown AND used in melee, but I feel I want a bit more blade area than an axe/tomahawk. The more recent idea ended up being a bit too much like a combination of a simplified Milo and Ren's Stormflower, basically it was a pistol with a sword like blade coming out where the clip would be and could fold up so the blade and barrel point in the same direction or fold out to be thrown like a spear.

• Fractles

Fractles

#33440524 - 2 years ago

You could go with a pistol/Kukri or other medium bladed weapon. Kukri are cool because they serve the purpose of a heavy chopping weapon while being wielded like a knife and possibly throwable. You could also have a whip dagger/shortsword/pistol. That would allow for a throwing style of combat, but you would actually whip the dagger and release it from the hilt then pull it back. its a little different, but it might work.

• DenalCC1010

DenalCC1010 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33443731 - 2 years ago

In reply to WalkingSpirit

HI there!

I worked on a weapon concept for a similarly operating weapon a while back for someone - not sure if you were the original concept owner since it was a Deviant Art account that contacted me, but I figured I'd post this anyway. It never got off the ground so I didn't make a whole video about it, but hopefully this helps illustrate your weapon a bit better despite the ends being scythes rather than javelins. :]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...

• Fractles

Fractles

#33443896 - 2 years ago

In reply to Hydra645

In that case it might be worth deciding on a base weapon first and working in throw ability later. You can always use a mechashift collapse to add aerodynamics to the blade. For throwing of the kukri you could even have it shift into a leaf bladed throwing knife which are quite common. If you want a more knife feel then you could simply have two medium sized knives that mechashift together into a form of gun.

• hydra645
  • Fractles

Fractles

#33450487 - 2 years ago

In reply to Hydra645 I like the idea of being able to follow a thrown attack. These ideas for weapons don't have to be separate, there are ways to merge them if you can't decide too much. I at once had an idea for a set of gloves that mecha shifted WITH another weapon to form a third. You could have a kukri that shifted into a leaf bladed knife that merged with gloves to form a handgun. There are many ways you could spin this!

• Fractles

Fractles

#33450519 - 2 years ago

I at one point had an idea for a character that used a very martial arts/archery style. The idea for the weapon was a set of Tanto/wakizashi style daggers that would turn into a bow when put pommel to pommel(note: this was looong before Cinders original weapon was shown. Needless to say I was salty).

They could also shift together to be a halo franchise plasma rifle looking sub machine gun while attached to gloves (note above post) with blades facing up and backwards, that fired a variation on the 9mm cartridge. 

The accompanying semblance would the ability to convert bodily momentum into electricity, and reverse too. This would be useful for rapid changes in close to long range quarters and the variety of weapons. The minutia of the semblance have already been thought to death by me and my friends, we know how wonky it could be.

• Fractles

Fractles

#33453183 - 2 years ago

In reply to Hydra645 Hmm, kukris often have curved handles and with a bit of mechashift they could easily fold into a handgun grip. My thoughts would be that the gun could be built into the spine of the kukri and be fired from a trigger right at the index finger grip. Its basic, but you could have it be a revolver firing a extremely large cartridge 

• G-Money

G-Money

#33457385 - 2 years ago

My idea weapon would be a a huge meat hammer that can transform into a rocket launcher, someone strong in the white fang can be the the goliath.

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33457453 - 2 years ago

In reply to G-Money

And his arch enemy has salad tongs that turn into a slingshot? (Lol)

All jokes aside, that sounds awesome. 

• G-Money

G-Money

#33457553 - 2 years ago

satisfied

• Wolfram812

Wolfram812

#33460401 - 2 years ago

I'm scrapping my old idea and going with a sort of riot shield and a glaive(the spear and sword kind not the throwing disc) which turns into a LMG like the devotion from titanfall2 which for those who don't no s basically a high damage lmg with a little bit of a smaller magazine that when firing starts of slow but gets to a impressive fire rate after 35 of the 55 bullets in the mag have been fired while still remaining acurate. 

• Wolfram812

Wolfram812

#33460408 - 2 years ago

In reply to Ghostman767 with the tungsten being brittle I belive your thinking tungsten carbide which is stronger but more brittle

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33460853 - 2 years ago

How about a Zweihander greatsword that turns into an MG42?

• ImmaThinkin

ImmaThinkin

#33460859 - 2 years ago

Riot shield with a glaive launcher sounds cool, Wolfram812. LMG is also a pretty unique touch.

• Fractles

Fractles

#33463000 - 2 years ago

In reply to Wolfram812 while tungsten carbide is especially hard and brittle, tungsten itself is also quite so. Both would work for the purpose provided 

• latiosfreak2000

latiosfreak2000

#33482267 - 2 years ago

small battleaxe that turns into an assault shotgun (also a smal  flametrower option) (firedust)