Forums > RWBY

RWBY theories and speculations

Posts (333)

• WalkDaddy96

WalkDaddy96 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32378678 - 5 years ago

Ask questions about RWBY and share your theories or what may happen in the following volumes as well as pointing out things in trailers and episodes that not everyone may have seen

• Blood_XIII

Blood_XIII FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Pervy Panty Pirate Pony

#32378680 - 5 years ago

In reply to ChurchFTC, #2:

I'm not so sure her blades, even in folded form, could fit inside her tiny backpack. If you look closely as they come out of her back they're impossibly long for the angle unless they were also within her body. Plus the "Combat ready" line and the near-invisible wires that seem to have a huge length and intensely strong pull that doesn't affect her in the least lend credence to the idea that she's AT LEAST a cyborg/android.

• WalkDaddy96

WalkDaddy96 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32378681 - 5 years ago

In reply to Blood_XIII, #3:

I agree I don't think she's a robot but I defiantly think she has had some genetic or cybernetic modifications

• Brahmastra

Brahmastra

#32378682 - 5 years ago

There's something about the opening to the series. I mean, we already have the big reveal from Blake yet what about Ruby and that grave? Can I say the obvious that this grave must be something having to do with Ruby's mother? I think this is already speculated but just something to put out there. Hopefully the next volume will explain some more about her character but that's the only speculation I could think of and that was in both the trailer and the opening.

• OctavianAK

OctavianAK

#32378683 - 5 years ago

Before I state my theory I would just like to say that Pyrrha is my favorite character besides Jaune. Okay *takes deep breath* Pyrrha's character archetype (the incredibly nice person who just wants to help people and seems flawless) is one of my favorites but is generally only used in fiction for two reasons. Reason #1 is so they can reveal said person as not actually very nice at all and turn them into an antagonist. Reason #2 which the scarier and more likely of the two in this case, is that they can kill her off as a viewer punch. So I think that unless we see character development that breaks the archetype one of these to things will happen. (I will seriously cry if it does though)

• dragon431

dragon431

#32378684 - 5 years ago

Mine is more of an idea than a theory, but a question all the same. I thought of this because I'm one of those crazy, make the body more powerful in some way but here it is:
    If we where to take dust... and liquify it (through melting it of course then cool it down) and shoot it through the blood stream of some one... how would it effect them? would it not? and if not, if someone was to shoot Burn dust into there system, [color=](before I continue on I just want you to know that this thought is a little psychotic, sorry)[red/color] and go to a public area, and shoot themselves, would they explode? It would be like a suicide bomber but much more effective due to the fact that everyone would see them trying to shoot themselves and try to stop him/her (even the cops) and they would move closer instead of away, (depending on the reaction) and then when they pull the trigger they would explode, killing quite a few people (also depending on density of crowd and concentration of dust in the bloodstream)

• Emboi

Emboi

#32378685 - 5 years ago

According to the very first RWBY trailer with Ruby looking at a grave of "someone". The opening of the show where Ruby see's a white hooded figure with clothing similar to Weiss, the Lyrics of Red like Roses 2, AND the recent push of Weiss in season 1, where she had an -incredible- amount of screen time and/or story focus, where she connected emotionally with both Ruby AND Blake, and she might even have a story line with Yang sometime soon too

I believe Weiss will be killed off in season 2.

• OctavianAK

OctavianAK

#32378686 - 5 years ago

In reply to Emboi, #8:

See I don't think so because she's part of team RWBY and this isn't Shingeki or Game of Thrones so there will only be one or two key deaths for the foreseeable future ( And when I say that I mean the entire series right now). Also something to point out about why Weiss especially won't die aside from her being a main character, is where her character development is at presently. Right now, even though Weiss has a huge fanbase, in the show you aren't necessarily supposed to like her, (admittedly that is more of an opinion) because of this, if Weiss were to die it would not have significant impact. Now I'm not saying it wouldn't have an impact but it would be akin to shooting a prize-winning stallion without any problems, you are essentially shooting massive potential in the face, and for no real good reason.

Now it is also possible that there won't be any deaths at all since this show is supposed to be more innocent as is referenced by the cast and crew. I only stated that I thought Pyrrha has a chance of dying because she fits the mold so well. In good writing, characters with a hero complex (meaning you just want to protect and help people) and actually have the ability to do so, usually don't last for very long. The reason for that is because this type of character is essentially a character without flaws, and they become stale very quickly. There are three ways this could be resolved, #1 Pyrrha is given flaws to become more three-dimensional and relateable ( the most likely option) or #2 Pyrrha using a facade for ulterior motives, #3 continues to be a flawless beauty and all that is good in humanity, but then have her sacrifice herself in some way.

• DanielStokes

DanielStokes FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32378687 - 5 years ago

Ok so there are defintly a number of plot lines to speculate about like Ruby not quite being hangs sister, her silver eyes, the mysterious lady from episode 1, our friend with the cane, Penney and that's just to name only a few!
    So there's defintly not going to be any deaths, not any time soon, except for potenchaly in rubys origin story. Too much work on charicter development not enough reward yet.
    One of the obvious story lines is going to be Jaune screwing it up with Pyrrha, but that's juust the character.
    Hard to guess really just going to have to waight and see ;)

• Blood_XIII

Blood_XIII FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold Pervy Panty Pirate Pony

#32378688 - 5 years ago

In reply to DanielStokes, #10:

The mysterious lady from the first episode was already identified at the end of the season; Her name is Cinder Fall and she's voiced by the one and only Jessica Nigri.
    And the cane guy, Roman Torchwick, is a subordinate of hers.

• Blood_XIII

#32378689 - 5 years ago

In reply to DanielStokes, #10:

Also, and I say this in a friendly and helpful way, the site has a built-in spellcheck so I would recommend you put it to good use :3
    It's not often people here on the site will be mean about anything, but there are some who might get annoyed and/or take your posts less seriously if you misspell that often :P

• Blood_XIII

#32378690 - 5 years ago

EDIT: I hate my stupid phone for double posting the same message :/

Post edited 1/06/14 7:16PM

• WalkDaddy96

#32378691 - 5 years ago

Just a little head up if you are going to share your theories, speculations, and ideas make sure you do your best to use names and correct spelling. I'm not saying it has to be flawless but it makes it easier to understand what you have to say if you use charter names and if you don't know a name then go watch RWBY and find out the name of the person you're talking about. I mean if you're on here then obviously you like RWBY so what's the harm in watching a great show. Again it doesn't need to be perfect but it helps.

• garylee733

garylee733 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32378692 - 5 years ago

Alright a couple of theories and thoughts all at once, first off I thought in the Yellow trailer that Yang was looking for an older version of Weiss which means she's alive but missing from the group after something happened to split them up. Second with the red like roses part 1 and from shadows showing symbolism in it predicting the revel of Blake being a faunus do you think that the music is meant to help show what will be coming in future volumes. Finally if this is the case does anyone think that if something were to happen to Pyrrha or make Weiss run off form the group do you think that it will happen in a similar fashion to what red like roses part 2 and I may fall have set up, making team RWBY heroes not because they are the most powerful but because they happen to be at the right place at the right time and because of this the repercussions of the fight scatter and or kill several of the main characters.

• ChaosBlaze1

ChaosBlaze1 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32378693 - 5 years ago

First off I do agree with garylee733 that the songs do in fact have something to do with the story. After it was revieled that Blake is a faunus I start to better under stand her trailer song. Secondly, this only my opinon but I think the trailers are all prequels or past events like Weiss's scar and blake stealing the train cars. Lastly there are a lot of Pyrrha theories like she dies on order to make Jaune more mature. Then there is one where she is a traitor who only enters Beacon to search for a person with a huge aura which is why she seems so interested in Jaune and decides to train Jaune in order to make sure he stays alive untill she needs him ( Not my idea's just what I've read in chats, reviews, etc) I really don't want her to die since I am a big pyrrha and jaune fan. Also this all depends if Monty is willing to kill off main characters and more importantly are they going to stay dead and not do something like they actually survived or they reappear out nowhere a season later.

• BeastLee

BeastLee

#32378694 - 5 years ago

First and foremost I think its best to assume that NO ONE will die in the nearby future of any of the RWBY episodes/seasons. Weiss for instance is FAR too important to be killed off for ANY reason (you cant have team RWBY without W). The same applies for Pyrrha. She is a member of team JNPR so I doubt they have any plans of off her. Moreover, RWBY just isn't that type of show. For all of the fighting and firepower shown that this show has/has potential for, not a single person has died or even remotely gotten close to death besides Jaune when he gets beaten up by Cardin.
    Not to say this as an insult to the previous comments but its kinda twisted that you would assume that Monty would start killing off characters that he and the other writers spent so much time on. I'm not saying its impossible, but even if it does, it will be one of the seriously heavy (and rare) impact moments of the show happening once at the most towards the very end of the shows life. Moreover, Monty also said that the impact of each character plot wise will come from their pasts, not necessarily their futures.

Now, going in order of what I remember reading I will try and address topics:

---In regards to Penny being an android/cyborg: I say that she is in fact an android/AI. This notion is reinforced by the awkwardness/formality of her speech. Its not as if she doesn't know HOW to talk, she's just bad at speaking to others, indicating that she has very little experience in doing so. She is very formal with team RWBY and has very little to no social awareness, BUT with the man in the car with her at the end of episode 16 her mannerisms become a lot more comfortable as if she has had a lot of experience interacting with that person and is relatively comfortable in talking with them. (I am assuming he is the person in charge of her creation if not the man who created her himself.)
    Going off of that I say that she hasn't had much human interaction because she probably spent most of her life in a lab working with her creator(s) to become a "combat ready" android. Not to mention the OP as hell weaponry she has on her (Steel wires, multiple sword/sword manipulation, "Ima firin mah lazor" beam cannon, etc.) that seemingly come from nowhere. As a human the amount of aura/dust it would've required to fire off such attack would be tremendous, but if you think of her as an android who uses her power supply to channel her attacks it makes a lot more sense.
    What I THINK is going to happen next season is that Penny is participating in the tournament as a "trial run" of her capabilities as there are potential investors that will watch the match and see how well she does. I think that the school that she is coming from is trying to promote a new "Non-human hunters" line much like how a lot of combat IRL is becoming more automated than it is done through manpower.

I think the character progression for Penny will be that, as she interacts with people she becomes more and more human like and she develops trouble differentiating the lines from being a android to an actual person (Much like cortana from halo) and deciding which side she wants to be on. A possible antagonist are the remaining 3 teammates on her team (Assuming other schools follow the 4 man cell team format.) that are all humans as they alienate her and see her as a freak. I say this based off of Penny's remark "I don't have many friends" I take it as she knows of other people but she knows of their dislike of her. I foreshadow a moment where Penny gets hurt but her teammates show no concern as they think that as an android she can just be fixed up mechanically and the only one to show concern will be Ruby.

I have more to say about Penny but unless asked, I won't go on too long on a single topic alone (too late right? for those of you who are still reading....)

---In regards to the Yang/Ruby/White cloak character: If my sources are correct then it is NOT in fact Weiss, etc. but most probably Ruby/Yang's mother as the name on the gravestone says "Summer Rose". This makes sense since the cloak (which was a pretty dead giveaway) is the same exact style that Ruby wears but is white indicating someone who is "deceased" (and the floating off the air part...). What I think happened is that Ruby's mother dies and Ruby takes after her mother and dons the red hood as a momento as in LITERALLY the red cloak Ruby wears was once her mothers. This is complemented by the fact that there is reference to Ruby and Yang's father, but never their mother.
    This theory could explain multiple parts of the story:
    1) Yang's attachment to her hair could be due to the fact that, at a young age her mother spent a lot of time complementing and spending time on her hair. Ex: "My daughters hair is so beautiful" (I dunno, what do mothers say to their daughters as compliments? FYI Ima dude.) or her mother used to comb her hair at night before bed or something. Her rage comes from the fact that her hair, which is a cherished item that holds a lot of memories of her mother to her as they bonded over it, gets damaged. This could also explain why her hair is so long, she refuses to cut it for the same reasons. (much like the native Americans and how some females would only cut their hair as a sign of lamentation or deep sadness, but long hair represented a time of happiness.)
    2) Ruby's social awkwardness could come from the fact that she had less time to spend with her mother and thus was never taught how to interact with others by her. Yang, who would also be young at the time couldn't fill in the gap of a mothers role alone and their father couldn't do so either as he was most likely a hunter as well and was more focused on teaching combat rather than social skills (Not to mention Ruby's father would also be depressed at the mothers death and was preoccupied over thoughts of her). Therefore Yang is highly protective of Ruby now since she had to look after her since a young age.
    Continued on bottom:

• BeastLee

BeastLee

#32378695 - 5 years ago

3) Yang is ok socially since she was 2 years older than Ruby and had 2 more years to spend with their mother.
    4) The "biological sisters, yet different last names" is hard to figure out but I'll take a stab at it (BTW this and the above was all written in one sitting over like a period of 5 minutes) the name "Rose" could just be a title or her mothers maiden name. Therefore as Ruby grew up she took on her mothers cloak and the title of "Rose" and that is why Yang's last name could be different. Or with another theory is the one where "Xiao Long" is a fake name and Yang's last name is something entirely different. Perhaps Yang is mad at her mothers death much like how children have a hard time getting over the death of their parents and instead get mad at the deceased themselves and as a sign of this she discards her family name.
    5) In the intro as Ruby kneels before the gravestone, it foreshadows that Ruby feels the need to live up to her mothers legacy. Her mother, who was probably a famous huntress had...you guessed it, silver eyes. And Ozpin, knowing this makes the comment in episode one.

There was more but as I type I forget alot of things. Much like with Penny if anyone has any direct questions Ill try and answer them but for now Ill end the "white cloak" theories at this.

---In regards to Pyrrha: My god where do I start?
    For starters I don't think she will have any alterrior motives. This is because she fits the character of the perfect child too perfectly. She was the child prodigy who had to be the best at everything at a young age. Her development will most likely be her struggle to show her true self and express her true emotions as opposed to being the perfect goody two shoes who had to nice and had to be formal to uphold her public image. This is shown as she shows visible discomfort at Weiss's mentioning of all of her accomplishments. Moreover if I remember correctly Pyrrha went to a different combat school than Signal. Assuming that schools in the RWBY-verse are similar to schools IRL, then it could be that Pyrrha purposefully went to a school outside of her original district in hopes of avoiding the star treatment and live a life as a normal girl. This also adds on to why she likes Jaune so much, out of everyone there (namely Weiss) he treats her like he would anyone else. She likes the fact that he doesn't treat her any differently due to her past accomplishments. I think her struggle will be a internal one. Not wanting to disappoint her parents who see her as the golden child yet also wanting to be free of the chains that fame brought. At first she was probably extremely talented and liked doing things to make her parents proud, but as time went on it went from being fun to a job.
    Her conflict will probably arise at the same time as another characters namely: Jaune. As he struggles with his own conflicts Pyrrha will most likely try to comfort him, but Jaune, having an inferiority complex, will spout the "What do you know, you've always been perfect" line. Therefore she will have to struggle with her inability to say what is directly on her mind as she too has similar problems as Jaune living up to expectations, but unlike Jaune has years of filtering her every word as an obstacle.

And thats all I have time for folks. Msg me if you have any questions or reply on the thread. Its late and I have finals tomorrow but I love watching RT and RWBY stuff too damn much to care.

• BeastLee

BeastLee

#32378696 - 5 years ago

Oh and finally just to add this for future reference: I could be COMPLETELY wrong. All of the above is ALL SPECULATION ONLY. I wrote all of the above after only 1 season to go off of and my observations alone. As more info is released I am fully aware that I might eat qrow and be far off from the truth. And I will omit and edit my theories accordingly as new info comes out, so before people in the future read my posts and call me an idiot for being wrong: I KNOW.

I-I-I just wanted to be part of the community! *flees*

• ChaosBlaze1

ChaosBlaze1 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32378697 - 5 years ago

I applaud you for taking the time to answer just about every question or speculation in this entire thread (golf clap in the background)

• BeastLee

BeastLee

#32378698 - 5 years ago

In reply to ChaosBlaze1, #20:

Give speculations maybe, but whether or not they are true answers has yet to be seen.
    In regards to the latter half of your statement...Not sure if sarcastically impressed or holds golfers in high esteem.

• Blood_XIII

#32378699 - 5 years ago

In reply to BeastLee, #17:

In relation to all the theoris of characters being killed off, I feel like people are just running off the most recent major anime, which is Attack on Titan, and so they're expecting that BECAUSE RWBY draws a lot for other series that it's likely to draw from AoT and thus character death is likely to happen... That or people are expecting RWBY to become more dark. I think the fact that the RWBY team is working so hard to steer clear of cursing and actual on-screen blood means they want RWBY to stay more family friendly than other RT content, and even though I'm NOT AT ALL a fan of censorship I must say that RWBY does a spectacular job even without being a more adult production like the rest of the RT/AH content.
    Likewise, much as I would like to see it and think RT is just ballsy enough to risk it, I HONESTLY VERY MUCH doubt we'll see canonical yuri (Lesbian) parings in the show, so the shippers who think it IS going to happen need to just caaaaaaaaaalm doooooowwwwwwn :P The shipping and fun stuff and fanfics and whatever is all well and good, but I have issue with ANY shipping where people claim things to be canonical WHEN THEY ARE NOT.

For your thoughts on Penny, I very much agree with you. Too much about Penny lends to her being non-human in SOME way, not to mention that her many swords even have the universal technology symbol for power upon them.
    The RWBY Wiki even speculates that her fairytale inspiration lies in Pinocchio, so her handler (AKA the unseen man in the car with her at the end of Volume 1) may very well be the Gepetto counterpart for her.
    Also, remember that robots DO exist in the RWBY world since Blake and Adam are seen fighting robots in the Black Trailer, so it COULD very well be that Penny is a prototype made by the Schnee Corporation, and that Weiss herself is entirely unaware of the bio-mechanical division of her own family company.

I SOMEWHAT agree with your theories on related to Ruby and Yang, but I differ in two key areas.
    First isn't so much a disagreement as an alternate theory, which is simply that in accordance with the Red Riding Hood tale the figure seen at the grave MIGHT be Ruby's grandmother. It COULD very well also be her aunt, since Ruby seems quite close to her uncle Qrow.
    The second bit, that I will defend until it's canonically proven otherwise, is that I do not believe Ruby and Yang are actually sisters or that IF they are sisters then they are only half-sisters. The fact that they have two totally different last names is a bit questioning, not to mention that blonde hair is a weak genetic trait that could not be present in the offspring unless both parents are light haired, and for Ruby to have her darker hair color (She's confirmed as being NOT redheaded in the DVD/Blu-Ray commentaries, so the red in her hair is either aesthetic design OR dye) it would mean that Yang's hair wouldn't be genetically possible unless at the very least they only have ONE parent connecting them (And as much as Yang cares about her hair I don't see her being the type to dye it). Also, Ruby's eyes are silver and Ozpin makes a point of mentioning that when he meets her, whereas Yang's eyes are lilac and turn red when she's angered (Though her eyes turning red may also just be aesthetic design).

On Yang's hair for a second though, it's also mentioned in the commentaries on the DVD/Blu-Ray that Yang's attachment to her hair is nothing at all to do with vanity and is indeed related only to her own feelings about her hair, so your theory that such might stem from something in her past is indeed possible, but I personally think it's probably closer to just being that Yang damn loves her hair because it's just how she is :P

Back to the relation between Ruby and Yang now, my personal theory is that the two aren't related at all. The fact that Ruby seems so close to her uncle Qrow COULD very well mean Ruby lost her parents at a very very young age (This is where your theory of the grave figure being her mother may indeed remain more likely), but as a full-time teacher and goodness knows how old he may be, her uncle couldn't take her in and accommodate her appropriately. So, as close friends of Ruby's family, Yang's family took Ruby in and the two girls were raised together as sisters (Alternatively both Yang and Ruby were orphaned at some point in their lives and they bonded at their orphanage and became sisters in the sense that they just bonded to that level, but I feel this is far less likely than my primary theory) and Ruby just prefers to keep her last name as Rose.

Onto your Pyrrha theories now :P As before I agree for the most part, but I feel more like Pyrrha's backstory is that she was indeed charged as the golden child by her parents or by someone close to her, and so because of all that attention they pushed her into she just plain is sick of the limelight. Basically it's not that she's nervous or anxious or pressured to keep appearances, but more that she is not unlike Ruby and just wants to be a normal girl with normal knees :3
    I DO agree though that she's so fond of Jeane simply because he treats her like he would treat anyone else, but it's pertinent to note that in the commentaries on the DVD/Blu-Ray that they seem to allude to the fact that Pyrrha isn't falling for Jeane so much as she's just genuinely that nice of a person and Jeane is the most in need of assistance.

And that's pretty much as far as I can go on the matters at hand :P

• BeastLee

BeastLee

#32378700 - 5 years ago

In reply to Blood_XIII, #22:

I feel bad saying this but...as to Ruby and Yang being sisters Monty has confirmed that they ARE in fact biological sisters. (You wrote so much on it too =/ ) The hair color part makes sense IRL but as they say: "Why? Because its anime f#ck you that's why." (meaning that there really is no explanation other than that's what the creators wanted to do.)

• garylee733

garylee733 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32378701 - 5 years ago

On top of that as well Miles and Kerry have talked about the long back story that they have already written out for ruby and yang's parents also kind of puts that to rest. Also on a completely unrelated note who thinks that the Schnee Company or a competitor are responsible for Penny, as in the song this will be the day it hints that something was covered up and that they don't care about their absolution for their sins and either this or the faunus labor could be what it refers to, also do you think this will be a big deal in the coming seasons?

• Blood_XIII

#32378702 - 5 years ago

In reply to BeastLee, #23:

Plenty fair enough (Unless we're being purposefully misled with careful wording, which wouldn't be the first time in RT history such was done). No need to feel bad though, it's just that where don't have a regular internet connection because I live out in the middle of nowhere I end up missing a lot of the information that comes up in AMA's and interviews and such that happen off-site :P
    But as I said they COULD still be biological sisters if, for instance, they shared the same father but had two different mothers (Or vice versa). This doesn't break the definition of being biological sisters and so, while more unlikely given the information, it's still a viable enough theory.
    And the thought that IRL genetics don't apply to anime is something I'm fully aware of and accept, I'm just toying around with ideas and thinking around the edges of the given information. Oddly enough, I feel more inclined to question known facts than I do to question things that have gone unsaid, lol.

In reply to garylee733, #24:

That's not necessarily saying a lot, honestly. "Parents" is a subjective term because even adopted children can refer to their foster parents simply AS parents, so again it could just be careful wording on the writers part. The piece of info about Monty saying they are biological sisters lends more against my thoughts than just a mention that their parents have a well-thought out backstory.
    That line is probably more linked to the mistreatment of Faunus and their, as Blake put it, "questionable methods" in the business world than anything related to Penny. I AM leaning towards the idea that Penny (If she is indeed bio-mechanical) might be a prototype from the Schnee corporation.

• BeastLee

BeastLee

#32378703 - 5 years ago

In reply to garylee733, #24:

I don't really think that the Schnee company is responsible for the creation of Penny.
    1) They mine and manufacture dust, there is never a mention that they make the tools to use it. (Why create a machine that's efficient at using dust when it's more profitable to let humans use it and have to buy more?) The same reasoning goes for why a competitor of the Schnee company didn't do it either.

I think that it was a completely different type of corporation that developed Penny, going more along the lines of a military/weapons/technology group.
    It would make sense that they would be trying to replace human hunters with artificial ones since it would take less time to train them and humans would no longer have to die on the field of battle. Therefore it would be a popular alternative to the general public (essentially getting rid of old fashioned ways in lieu of technology) and therefore be more profitable.

2) As far as I know, I have never gotten the feeling that in "this will be the day" that they were alluding to something being covered up. For me, the song pertains more as a message to the students of Beacon/Ruby than to the people IRL. The song speaks a lot of fighting darkness and revolutions in both combat and mindsets.

(Its hard to explain without having to copy/paste the entire songs lyrics and do a line by line interpretation which would take FOREVER to do...but I will try anyway.)

If you look at the song on youtube (extended obviously) and see a version that has subtitles on it which are all FANTASTICALLY done by the Ruby fanbase (kudos to the people who did them.) you'll see that most lines have a specific character in mind. For instance, the very first verse mentions people underestimating someones abilities because they are small. (A.K.A Ruby) The line "victory is in a simple soul" also alludes to Ruby, etc etc.
    All in all I think that the song has nothing to do with a cover up of sorts, the faunus in general perhaps, but not anything pertaining to Penny.

3) I assume that you were talking about Penny being an android being a big deal in the upcoming seasons. To that I say that it will be an important part...but not quiet as big or played off of as you imagine, if only because of the fact that the majority of the fan-base already assumes that there is something "off" or "inhuman" about Penny. I mean it will be a revelation to the characters in RWBY, but it's not something that the writers can use to get people hyped up about finding out since a lot of people (if Penny IS in fact an android) have already figured it out.

Undoubtedly however, Penny WILL play an important part in the following seasons to come, particularly the next season, as she will be participating in the tournament. Moreover, I have very little doubt in my mind that Penny will be facing off against one of either team RWBY's, or team JNPR's members and an epic, badass battle will ensue.

On an unrelated topic to your post. I've noticed that I haven't posted my own speculation yet. So here it is:
    In the upcoming season, there is no doubt that it will focus primarily on the tournament. I personally believe that it will be carried out in a manner similar to that of Naruto and the Chunnin exams (maybe minus the forest of death bit).

But if it is, what do you think will be the future match ups of the battles? Will it all be 4v4 or will there be varying team sizes from 1v1 and up? In addition who else wants to see a 2v2 with Ren and Nora against another duo pair? Maybe teammates fighting against each other? Maybe even randomized teams that don't follow the color based themes previously set in the 1st season since the tournament isn't being hosted by Beacon? Let me know what you think!