Forums > RWBY

Jaune Fan Theory

Posts (54)

• J3SZ1LLA

J3SZ1LLA FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32882370 - 3 years ago

There is no doubt about it...

Jaune Arc could potentially be one of the strongest huntsmen to ever emerge in the world of Remnant. Not only due to his courage and boldness on the battlefield, but in the hidden greatness in his undiscovered Semblance.

It is this Semblance, one even noted by Pyrrha for its greatness, as well as his mysterious sword and shield that I will be theorizing about in this post.

SO LETS GET STARTED!

I want to start with the known capabilities. Jaune has already shown that his Aura, like many others, can be used as a personal shield to fend off attacks, but he has already shown it to be capable of going beyond that. Note that when Pyrrha first explained what Aura was to Jaune, we saw Ren fighting with creatures of Grimm in the forest. Ren was successfully able to use his Aura to stop an incoming attack, and then focus his Aura into an attack defeating the Grimm. Skip ahead a few episodes into Forever Fall, and we're met with a similar instance; Jaune using his Aura not only to block a hit from Cardin, but the energy came out with such force that it deflected the attack right back to Cardin, causing him to be the one who was hurt (as well as healing all of Jaune's wounds instantaneously).

That is quite an impressive feat Jaune, but there must be more to you than that.

Lets talk for a little bit about his weapons shall we?

As we all know, Jaune's sword and shield are somewhat "hand-me-downs" from his ancestors known to be fierce warriors from days past. While they don't seem to have any extraordinary capabilities on the outside, perhaps it's what's on the inside that counts? (that does sound like something Miles would say huh?). What if their true purpose is made to be conduits for Aura? Perhaps Jaune's ancestors too had massive amounts of Aura, and in order to use this in battle, they would project part of their Aura into their Sword and Shield allowing them to block nearly any attack, and strike with an almost unstoppable force. This could work seeing as how every time Pyrrha tries to unlock Jaune's Semblance, they appear to do so after their "swordplay" when Jaune sheathes his sword.

For the next part of my theory, I want to talk about one of the soundtracks in RWBY vol 1&2 (now available on iTunes, and I highly recommend them).

RWBY vol 1 soundtrack, Track #12 "Wings (feat. Casey Lee Williams)" has an underlying theme of someone not being able to understand their full potential, and that soon they will be lifted up, and they will fly. Interesting... I spent a while thinking about who this song could be addressing, since most of the songs from RT volumes including Red vs Blue always seem to be directly intended for a specific character. I believe this song is directly speaking to Jaune, and could possibly mean that he could have the ability to actually grow wings from his Aura, and literally fly!

Lets talk about the name!

Jaune Arc, short, sweet, rolls off the tongue right? Almost too right if you ask me. A lot of other popular theories try to associate his name with Joan of Arc, but I want to go down a different route. What is Arc was meant to be similar with the title of Arc Angel? This could tie in perfectly with my bit on the music theory. Jaune's ancestors could have been blessed with Angelic powers on the battlefield, being able to soar over enemies and strike from behind. If this is true, looks like Jaune will finally have his own landing strategy? ah? AH? well, I laughed at that anyway.

This concludes my Theory so far. I may come back and expand on this theory some more if I see anything else that could match up! Feel free to comment with your own theory, or if you think I missed something that could line up with this one, and I hope you enjoyed reading!

"Don't ever mess with my team - my friends!"

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32884305 - 3 years ago

I agree with a lot of what you say. Jaune is my favorite character. Every few days I post a comment on the possibilities of his semblance. The ones I've used so far are: the ability to use the powers of any animal(and I do mean any), controlling matter on a molecular level, Time Travel, the powers of the four sacred animals in Asian Mythology(Tiger, Phoenix, Turtle and Dragon) and the ability to increase his own power and the powers of others to their highest level. But, Jaunes semblance is not the only question I want to ask about him. The one question above what his semblance is I want to ask is, if he wanted to be a huntsmen so much, why didn't he go to combat school like everyone else BEFORE he came to Beacon?

A few of my fellow RWBY fans and I had a discussions about how angry we are at RT and how their treating JNPR. EX: They have done nothing but tell us about RWBYs backstories and what their problems are. It's always been team RWBY this and team RWBY that. Why can't they take a break from RWBY and focus on JNPR for a change? They have had plenty of chances to bring JNPR into the focus and talk about their lives, but RT didn't take them. They could have at least brought in some little hints about their lives. Like Jaune showing everyone a picture of him and his 7 sisters(another thing I'd like to know more about), Nora and Ren telling a story about when they were young, or Pyrrha talking about her time at Sanctum. And yet, nothing. A few of them are starting to think RT doesn't care enough about JNPR to give them more spotlight.

Another example is, JNPR has been on the show longer than Neptune and Sun, so JNPR should have been the ones that know what team RWBYs been up to, but instead they brought in Sun and Neptune, who were just brought into the show, granted it was just one episode, but that is a whole lot more than JNPR has gotten and that isn't even close to being fair. Not fair in the least. RT does nothing but build up on Jaunes mysteries and NEVER gives us any answers about him. NEVER. A lot of us are getting tired of it. We've had enough of RWBYs problems for now. Let JNPR have some time. Does RT think that's too much to ask?

• J3SZ1LLA

J3SZ1LLA FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32884956 - 3 years ago

I think the problem here is that people crave backstory like a fat kid craves cupcakes. RWBY has only had 2 volumes, and everything you've described there would be WAY too much information to have packed into just the first 2 volumes. I believe this show could run for just as long as Red vs. Blue has if not longer; we could be looking at 10+ volumes here, so I'm more than positive that Miles & Kerry will fit the respective stories into the series in due time. Other than that, I have already read your previous threads on Jaune's Semblance and that's why i chose to voice my own opinion. So please, lets keep this thread simply about Jaune ;)

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32886252 - 3 years ago

In reply to J3SZ1LLA

I guess i did go a little over board. The reason why I'm so angry with the way RT has treated Jaune right now is because, he reminds me so much of myself. I just don't understand why RT keeps giving Jaune more and more mysteries about himself and his backstory and not giving us any sort of clue. None what-so-ever. I'm tired of it. Why didn't Jaune go to combat school before he came to Beacon? What is his semblance? What are his sisters like? Why can't RT take a break from RWBY and their problems and give Jaune and JNPR more spotlight? A friend of mine is starting to think that RT doesn't care enough about JNPR and their fans to give them more spotlight. Now, I'm not agreeing with him because I don't think it's true, but Miles & Kerry haven't really been giving me any reason to think that they do. But again, I'm not saying I agree. I am excited about season 3, but I don't think any of us should get our hopes up.

• J3SZ1LLA

#32887715 - 3 years ago

RWBY is still a very new series, i have no doubt that with some patience all will be explained in time.

• ZeroChance

ZeroChance

#32887725 - 3 years ago

In reply to J3SZ1LLA Agreed, but some of the reasons why these mysteries are so fun is the chance to look at the current stage and create one's own hypothesis. Then as time progresses we can see just how right, or wrong, we were. With that said, I don't think your hypothesis is entirely divorced from the idea that Jaune Arc is basically Joan of Arc representation in RWBY. Joan of Arc was a saint, one who is ordained by God and his angels to do his bidding on earth.

• Dinobot01

#32887964 - 3 years ago

In reply to ZeroChance

And look how well it turned out for her. She was burned alive at the stake. She wasn't seen as a hero until 25 years after her death. Yes, RT has confirmed that Jaune is based from Joan of Arc. All the members of team JNPR are based from heroes that did have to cross-dress at some point in their stories.

• Katnipkrazy

Katnipkrazy

#32888043 - 3 years ago

I didn't think of the angel thing, thats a nice catch. Also i would like to point out that the headmaster knows everything, so he most probably knows about Jaun "getting those papers". I cannot wait until more is revealed!

Also what do you think about Jaune possibly being able to create armor with his semblane, there fore creating a full knight of sorts.

• Katnipkrazy

Katnipkrazy

#32888045 - 3 years ago

Also i want to point out that npr wouldn't be as prominent as they are if they weren't important.

• Dinobot01

#32888086 - 3 years ago

In reply to Leaf6073

prominent how?

• Dinobot01

#32888087 - 3 years ago

In reply to Leaf6073

That would be the perfect power. But just creating armor sounds kind of dull. There should be more to it that that. Creating the armor should give him other abilities too.

• Katnipkrazy

Katnipkrazy

#32888119 - 3 years ago

Prominent as in being included to the degree they are now. They are obviously not tge main characters, but have multiple episodes/segments of episodes focused on them.

Also what if Jaun's armor could change to adapt to the situation/environment.

Or his semblance could be something like combining intikect/skill with his ancestors. His ancestors sound very important.

Or he could project his aura. That would alow him to create nearly anything he could think of as long as he had the energy.

• Katnipkrazy

Katnipkrazy

#32888122 - 3 years ago

Oh! I just realized, if Jaune had the armor it could be angelic style. With wings and white plates (which he sort of has already).

• J3SZ1LLA

#32888538 - 3 years ago

In reply to ZeroChance

In reply to J3SZ1LLA Agreed, but some of the reasons why these mysteries are so fun is the chance to look at the current stage and create one's own hypothesis. Then as time progresses we can see just how right, or wrong, we were. With that said, I don't think your hypothesis is entirely divorced from the idea that Jaune Arc is basically Joan of Arc representation in RWBY. Joan of Arc was a saint, one who is ordained by God and his angels to do his bidding on earth.

I couldn't agree more, coming up with ideas is just fun.

• J3SZ1LLA

#32888543 - 3 years ago

One thing I've also noticed is how important inheritance is in the story. You think the logo of the Schnee Dust Co. was created after the discovery of Weiss's semblance? I don't think so. It's more than likely a power she inherited from her family line, just as well as Ruby and her speed could have been passed along from her line as well as learning to be a scythe wielder, and Yang's eyes changing to the same color as her mother's eyes when she becomes more powerful. If any hints are dropped about Jaune's ancestors, it would undoubtedly provide a clue as to his semblance.

• Katnipkrazy

Katnipkrazy

#32888657 - 3 years ago

That is a very good point

• Dinobot01

#32888693 - 3 years ago

That is a good point. If Jaunes power was armor, the armor should give him super strength, speed and the ability to analyze his enemies skills and powers, them evolve to counter them, giving Jaune the advantage.

• Katnipkrazy

Katnipkrazy

#32894644 - 3 years ago

I came across this picture posted as Jaune the paladin

(for some reason this picture will not post so i have to put in the link instead)

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/511228995177525806/

• Dinobot01

#32894707 - 3 years ago

What if Jaune was actually adopted? How great a story would that make?

• AzrielJones

AzrielJones FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32896936 - 3 years ago

In reply to J3SZ1LLA

I was sort of thinking that it would be cool for Jaune's Semblance to be in keeping with the "One Special Ability" pattern that I'm sure many have noticed in the show. I think that his Semblance may be something more akin to Channeling in the sense of the way Reiatsu/Spirit Energy is used in its raw form in Bleach. Although this may sound like a limitless potential thing, keep in mind that Jaune isn't exactly Einstein. Although not stupid, Jaune doesn' seem like he could turn into an Aizen level manipulator of his Aura.

• Dinobot01

#32897458 - 3 years ago

In reply to AzrielJones

The same could be said about Naruto and his fox chakra. Yet, he found a way to completely control it and become one of the most powerful warriors in his world, respected by everyone in his world

• Komatose22

Komatose22 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32898453 - 3 years ago

I love Jaune, but I disagree that team RWBY has gotten too much attention. We barely know anything about Ruby and Yang's family. Ruby has the least amount of character development in the show so far and she's the protagonist. There is so much background to Ruby and Yang that we don't know about yet, but Jaune has gotten a ton of attention in both volumes. I find this odd because to me he's more of a secondary character. We know what Jaune wants. We know what is in the future for him. I want to know more about Ruby. How does she feel about her mother disappearing? How does she feel about Qrow? What was her past like? We know what Jaune's past was like.

There is so much untold mystery to Ruby and I want to know more. To be honest, we don't know a lot about Yang either. We know she's been searching for her mother but that's it. We know Blake's past. We know a lot about Weiss. We need more about Ruby. Obviously with Qrow and Yang's mother making an appearance in volume 3, a lot of this will be shown. So I guess I'm just ranting, haha! But those are just my thoughts. Less Jaune, more Ruby and Yang.

• Dinobot01

#32899292 - 3 years ago

In reply to SchneeBoy136

We no nothing about Jaunes past. All we know is that the men in his family were warriors and he wants to be one too. That's it. I'm not saying stop focusing on Ruby and her team, I'm saying give JNPR more action time, like having them interact with RWBY more and helping them with fighting the White Fang and a few background tales for JNPR too. That's all I want

• J3SZ1LLA

#32901104 - 3 years ago

In reply to SchneeBoy136

In reply to Dinobot01

The two of you need to find a new place for your discussion. Like I already told Dinobot01 in my first reply to his comment, this thread is for the purpose of discussing Jaune's semblance. I tried to be nice about it, but now i'll just say it. Shut the fuck up and take your arguments to the proper thread. I don't give a grimm's ass who you think should have more air time, so from here on out, future comments in this thread will be about Jaune's semblance and ONLY Jaune's semblance, or at least topics relevant to this one.

• Dinobot01

#32901223 - 3 years ago

I'm so sorry. You are absolutely right. I got completly off topic. I deeply apologize for any insults and harm I might have caused. I promise that from this point on I will talk about nothing but Jaunes semblance or related topics on this post. I understand your anger and I don't blame you for it. I don't expect forgiveness, but I want you to know how sorry I am. I apologize form the bottom of my heart. I'm sorry. :(