Forums > RWBY

Jaune Fan Theory

Posts (54)

• Wits

Wits FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33746264 - 1 week ago

In reply to Ivan88

As Crocea Mores was wielded by both Jaune's great grand-father AND grand father, it's likely great-grand father died in battle and his son's inherited of the sword... So, yes, very likely that another person related to a protagonist died for Oz in his endless struggle. 

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33746271 - 1 week ago

In reply to Ivan88

We'd know if RT will quit beating around the bush and give a a background story of him already

• darth_revan18

darth_revan18 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33746320 - 1 week ago

Hey everyone here is a quick thought you know how the Jynn looked similar to that of the statue in Vol 5 what if the location for the relic for Beacon is Jaune's ancestors statue and his sword is the key to get into the vault? Remember Ozpin sayed in volume 5 that Beacon's relic is locked by a different method.

• Wits

Wits FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33746631 - 1 week ago

Some clues about Crocea Mors having a little something special on its own... Chapter 4 episode 2 and chapter 5 episode 11 : When wielding his sword (at training in 4-02 and in his first attack against Cinder in 4-11) he twice produced and arc (no pun intended) of "windy gusts" (or a sort of shock wave ?) the latter is strong enough to shake a chain of Jinn's statue (also, the framing of the scene specifically changed to put this element at first plan, I think if it was meant to be a minor detail in the background the framing could have staid the same). Sadly we don't see this during the fight against the Nucklavee and this could consist in a con against the pertinence of this element, however the Kuroyuri battle had Ren as focus, so it could explain... 

RWBY wiki states that such element sare more for the sake of demonstrating Jaune's increased strength, but this could also be an other foreshadowing (RT looooves foreshadowing ... as I am), also aside from Adam and his semblance I don't think we saw this kind of effect, even with far more experimented swordplayers (like Raven or Qrow for example), but I may just have not noticed...

Maybe it's due to my role-playing experience that make me associate ancient weapon to magical or semi-sentient, but my guess is Crocea Mors produce a kind of aura on its own that manifests in this way... If Jaune could amplify and weaponize such an aura, at least he could deal with medium range combat which is currently one of his crippling weakness... at best, we could easily go into Absurd cutting power trope territory ...