Forums > RWBY

Qrow and Winters Shipping Name

Posts (18)

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32912171 - 3 years ago

The name for the shipping of Qrow and Winter is Snowbird. Since the name is named after a bird and the girls' name has so many words that relate it.

• Spacecore

Spacecore

#32944492 - 3 years ago

Eggnog. It's Perfect.

• Dinobot01

Dinobot01 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32944498 - 3 years ago

In reply to Spacecore

That doesn't make any sense

• Spacecore

Spacecore

#32944506 - 3 years ago

Qrow is Drunk. Eggnog Has Alcohol in it....Winter is a Time of the year....

• Xyzantylzethyrioses

Xyzantylzethyrioses

#32944509 - 3 years ago

There are too many possibilities for one to trump the rest, I think.

Snowbird makes sense, although Raven would also be a bird and Weiss is also snow, so it's slightly ambiguous other than that it's the most reasonable of the options. Eggnog is cool, although I prefer non-alcoholic. Just came up with another lame idea: Poelar... Poe for The Raven poem; Raven fits that a little better than Qrow though. And -lar for polar... because.

I think most of the hype for this pair is because both were introduced at the same time... I personally don't care about most ships.

• Spacecore

Spacecore

#32944519 - 3 years ago

Poelar Sounds like a Yang Pun.

• Spack3rz

Spack3rz FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#32944665 - 3 years ago

In reply to Dinobot01

Snowbird was what Miles called it, so it must be canon XD

• Spacecore

Spacecore

#32944941 - 3 years ago

oh...XD

• Xyzantylzethyrioses

Xyzantylzethyrioses

#32944968 - 3 years ago

Yet people still use unofficial ship names quite often, like White Rose instead of Ice Flower or Monochrome instead of Checkmate, and I don't even know if they have officially official ship names for most things involving the villains or non-canon-JNPR.

• Spacecore

Spacecore

#32944977 - 3 years ago

Bumblebee Is Canon.

• Xyzantylzethyrioses

Xyzantylzethyrioses

#32945009 - 3 years ago

In reply to Spacecore

That's irrelevant. That's the main/almost-only shipping name that people use for it ever, and that doesn't say anything about multi-name ships.

Unless you were saying that the relationship is romantically active in canon, which I would disagree with.

• lizrosee

lizrosee

#32945053 - 3 years ago

Isn't there kind of a big age difference between the two? Qrow's the same age as Taiyang (Who has children in their teens, Yang being almost an adult), he may look young but he's got to be at least 40 something at the youngest. Then Winter is Weiss's older sister and so she can't be too much older than Weiss (17 or 18) so at the oldest I'd put her somewhere in her late twenties. The age difference is just a little too unsettling for me...

• Xyzantylzethyrioses

Xyzantylzethyrioses

#32945077 - 3 years ago

In reply to lizrosee

You are right that there is an age gap. And yes, some people don't appreciate age gap. My parents are 12 years apart, though, although they met and got married when one was upper-twenties and the other was upper-thirties. It's only a little weird. Nobody complains about it, ever, probably because they have a solid relationship and started well out of pedo range.

But Qrow is at least 38 (assuming he started at Beacon at 17, there are 4 years, and Taiyang and Raven made Yang ASAP after graduation) and probably in his low/mid forties, and I think Winter is in her mid/early twenties (21 graduation - she did go to Atlas for school, but through the military - and then a couple years of field experience since she clearly has a rank and knows how to use it)... so that's a bit more creepy of a gap. Around 20.

The only issue here is that shippers defy logic. They (usually) don't look at all the evidence, and instead rely on current time traits and actions. If it's vaguely possible, it is shipped.

• Spacecore

Spacecore

#32945222 - 3 years ago

the Fandom does Ship Almost all the Characters.

• Arvis_Jaggamar

Arvis_Jaggamar

#32945266 - 3 years ago

In reply to Spacecore

the Fandom does Ship Almost all the Characters.

^ This needs to be in someone's sig somewhere. This could be true of every fandom for everything. I just stumbled across some fans of a kdrama where multiple people were shipping two full-blood-related brothers together. If shippers will go that far, then there is no line they won't cross.

• Spacecore

Spacecore

#32945370 - 3 years ago

they Also end up with selfcest X3

• rt-201811270123482092290

rt-201811270123482092290

#33746866 - 6 days ago

In reply to Dinobot01 Question why not just call it penguin.......idk UWU

• Dinobot01

#33746879 - 5 days ago

In reply to rt-201811270123482092290

Beats me. I guess Snowbird sound better