Forums > RWBY

Bumblebee Pairing: All The Reasons Why It Makes Sense

Posts (573)

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33720832 - 5 months ago

In reply to tin-foilhat

In reply to MichaelHalpe

You put their initials together it spells BY.

Weiss: SO you two are a couple now?

Yang: You might think us les-BEE-ans but the truth is.

Blake: We’re BY. 

Ruby: Oh no! Their personalities are running off on one another! Abort! Abort! Abandon ship! Every Silver-Eyes Warrior for themselves!

There's no question that Yang will rub off on Blake a little, the question is Xiao Long will it take...

• SpiritGuard7154

SpiritGuard7154

#33720839 - 5 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Yang will rub off on Blake a little

I knew Yang was a perv

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33720850 - 5 months ago

In reply to SpiritGuard7154

That wasn't intentional but I saw it and left it

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33723239 - 4 months ago

I'm back, baby! And I come baring BEES!

tumblr_inline_ojr7dvwEaC1snvpug_1280.png

http://saskyang.tumblr.com/pos...

tumblr_p80pefUCNn1vjrh4io1_1280.png

http://asheternal.tumblr.com/p...

tumblr_p8w7isXXDi1wh7mf5o1_r1_400.gif

http://nellawashere.tumblr.com...

blake yang

• Solstiniun

Solstiniun

#33723264 - 4 months ago

It's my favorite type of magic! 6f3.png

• RexFrost

RexFrost FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold The King of Cool

#33723761 - 4 months ago

tumblr_inline_p8j91eTKAE1tnkvhz_500.jpg

http://gillfish123.tumblr.com/...

My kind of T-shirt.

blake yang

• wolf-rain

wolf-rain

#33723879 - 4 months ago

In reply to RexFrost

this was a re-edited from the original re-edit that was... actually anti-bumbleby but pro team-rwby. 

• RexFrost

#33725360 - 4 months ago

Side B:

tumblr_oirbz9B1po1tcubt2o1_1280.jpg

http://hoo-rwby.tumblr.com/pos...

Side Y:

tumblr_p8s5c8vK5k1tcubt2o1_1280.jpg

http://hoo-rwby.tumblr.com/pos...

Put them together, & what do you get? BumbleBY, that's what. Gotta love it.

blake yang

• MichaelHalpe

#33725880 - 4 months ago

So how about that admittedly heartbreaking "All that Matters" I consider it valid as it was in episode...

• Irishtiger21

Irishtiger21 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33725918 - 4 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

I was wondering when someone was going to post about it on this thread. What a knockout punch of a song, all the feels. Assuming we're correct on the perspective of the song (Yang) and how she feels/thinks regarding Blake, she's pretty depressingly resigned to the probability of having her heart broken by Blake again in the future, but she's willing to deal with that just to have Blake back. She also seems to believe that Blake doesn't care for her like Yang cares for Blake. Blake will have a lot of work to do in convincing Yang otherwise. 

Fortunately, given the M&K commentary on the final episode of Volume 5 that they still have a lot of things to sort out and just wanted to show the team together again, I believe (hope) that we will get a lot of character/relationship (platonic or romantic) moments between the members of team RWBY, especially Blake and Yang. I feel a bit more confident now in my belief that Volume 6 will pick up immediately or almost immediately where Volume 5 ends.

• Wits

Wits

#33725921 - 4 months ago

In reply to Irishtiger21

The song includes a reference of Blake character's song "Thought that I could pull you from the shadows" so it is very likely to be the point of view of Yang.

• Irishtiger21

Irishtiger21 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33725923 - 4 months ago

In reply to Wits

Aye, I'm confident in the perspective and the implications of the song, just don't want to deal in absolutes with something that takes a lot of interpretation :-) It's easy to be wrong in those situations.

• Wits

Wits

#33725938 - 4 months ago

When a story leaves absolutly no room for any kind of interpretation, I considere it's not a well written story ;)

• Irishtiger21

#33725939 - 4 months ago

In reply to Wits

I can agree with that!

• RexFrost

#33726515 - 4 months ago

tumblr_pa93wjqBao1tsjtb7o1_1280.png

http://loki-loves-the-cumberco...

blake yang heart

• RexFrost

#33734303 - 2 months ago

tumblr_pckot1LusD1r6qp7wo1_1280.png

http://y8ay8a.tumblr.com/post/...

Living in a garden of ecstasy.

wink blake yang

• BB-Corps

BB-Corps

#33735336 - 2 months ago

In related news this was in the latest episode of Chibi

Edit: Can't seem to show the image but it's basically Yang riding bumblebee with gay ass rainbow trails coming out the back. 

• tin-foilhat

tin-foilhat FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33735360 - 2 months ago

In reply to BB-Corps

Don’t forget Blake wanted to eat a fish but it was a bad fish and a god damn RAINBOW TROUT was flying through the air with Yang.

Now THERE is your good fish, Blake. Could say it’s JUST RIGHT.

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33740238 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to dylan1234

Love the show love Blake and yang don't mind the ship but for me the show has done nothing to suggest that Blake is gay or even curious tbh .

WARNING CONTROVERSIAL CONTENT, PERSONAL OPINION.

In the case of me mistinterpreting the scriptwriters, I apologize and refer to my right to err. 

I believe the Bumlebee-Supporters have boarded a ghost ship.

(1) Blake is the only one of the for main characters who does not have a solo trailer. Instead she is paired with Adam, a man.

This does not necessarily mean, that it is romatic, but if you want to remove all reference to professional partnership from the equation then you also have to do this when supporting Bumblebee.

(2) There are strong indications that she had a full ship with Adam (presumably far beyond kissing) (no hard evidence though)

(3) She blocked Ilija, Together with (2) there are strong indications that she preferred Adam over Ilija, no person who prefers women would do that.

(4) She does not block Sun, they are now in the range of unconscious physical reaction (blushing to romantic suggestion) This is the second or third most highprofile romantic reaction in the whole show (topped only by solved Arkos and depending on how you interpret Winters double stage eye-opener with subsequent ballista bolt launch). It would be cruel not to block Sun, if she had an incompatible sexual orientation

(5) Sun has "mother's seal of approval" which is a high profile milestone in fiction writing.

(6) There was no indication in the last two volumes that Blake missed Yang more than the other teammates.

(7) The dance ... Interpreting going with one person, performing the first dance with this person and then COMPLETELY switching over to another person shows as love interest in the first person is -errr- stalker-think. You should actually book Blake a minus on politeness for this rudeness. She should have given the person who invited her, much more attention, said "thank you" and only then moved on. 

(8) If someone would do this to you (whatever the sexual orientation). Dump you after the first duty dance and go off with another person for the rest of the party ... If you had a real love interest you would get hit emotionally - the hard way. With her character Yang would have gone "red eye" and given Glynda something to clean up.

So to get this Bumblebee you have to dissolve two seasons of progress in Blacksun, some strange Bumblebeeers seem to have suggested killing off Sun in other threads. If you believe this is what it takes to get your preferred romantic partner docked. then you are already a subconscious Blacksun follower, because Blake will drop Sun if she has an incompatible sexual orientation.

Then you would have to retcon Blakes record of romantic relationshíps, she actually has one, contrary to most other characters.

Most realistic option is to give Blake the "B" allowing a secoond unopposed romantic dock point, but this is not Bumblebee, but some polystuff.

Another option is to "T" Yang, resulting in Bumbledrone, but I surmise this would not have a lot of followers.

And now that there is a  declared "L" available, I would suggest to redirect.

Yang is indeed the most likely candidate of the four main characters to also declare "L".

Ruby is too young to ship her, https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Age_of_consent

Weiss is leaning towards men (although only slightly, accepted one invitation, followed through)

• Wits

Wits

#33740249 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to BakedBrain

You could write lesbian or homosexual, it's not a "F"ing curse...

To answer points 7 and 8, I think it's a pretty biased version of the events...

First, Blake don't "dump" Yang. Yang makes the move to step off and let Sun dance with Blake (even though Sun's is the official date of Blake) after that, Blake and Yang keep eye contact and none of the two seems unhappy. Clearly Yang doesn't feel scorned at the bal. A scorned Yang is Yang at season 4 and 5 (especially in season 5 chapter 8) make the comparaison, there is slight differences.

Then, Yang didn't ask for a dance, she offered to save a dance. Blake could easily have understood like a joke, but no, not only she accepts the offer but she insists, by herself,  on the fact she wants her dance with Yang to be her first. So not only she respond but she respond with a little emphasis. That's ... Seduction moves! They keep a dynamic distance between them as a clever way of flirting ...

• BakedBrain

BakedBrain FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33740283 - 1 week ago

In reply to Wits

In reply to BakedBrain

You could write lesbian or homosexual, it's not a "F"ing curse...

To answer points 7 and 8, I think it's a pretty biased version of the events...

First, Blake don't "dump" Yang. Yang makes the move to step off and let Sun dance with Blake (even though Sun's is the official date of Blake) after that, Blake and Yang keep eye contact and none of the two seems unhappy. Clearly Yang doesn't feel scorned at the bal. A scorned Yang is Yang at season 4 and 5 (especially in season 5 chapter 8) make the comparaison, there is slight differences.

Then, Yang didn't ask for a dance, she offered to save a dance. Blake could easily have understood like a joke, but no, not only she accepts the offer but she insists, by herself,  on the fact she wants her dance with Yang to be her first. So not only she respond but she respond with a little emphasis. That's ... Seduction moves! They keep a dynamic distance between them as a clever way of flirting ...

The letter acronyms are not from me, they are actually quite official. If you see using them as offensive, then sorry. But you can be assured that I would use something stronger than letters to depict a group of people as "f*cking cursed".

Now to the substance, the episode in question is 2 6. 09:20 onwards.

Yang seems to be the organizer, so a massive downgrade to the relevance of  difference in face time  (Too bad for me, I had already prepared a lively analogy to drive this point home, now it's going down the drain). I also retract the minus on politeness for Blake.

So you (I mean me) should watch the relevant episodes again before starting to argue.

My detailed result:

Yang winks, but there is no reaction from Blake. I do not score minor eye rolls as romantic. So Yang +1 on Bumblebee and +1 on sexual preference women. Winking counts. 

But then 10:30+ with whom is Blake actually going to the dance - and that body posture, At least +1 on BlackSun for Blake, another +1 for accepting the invitation. (accepting invitation to party trumps accepting invitation to dance - by far)

The Yang-dance acceptance part looks a little different to me. Yang is not even present, when Blake informs her partner (guess who) that her first dance is reserved. So no flirting with Yang. No seduction. And also no insisting, because he does not challenge the one dance, which would have been possesive. Dynamic distance ... like a courtyard, a wall and an entrance hall, out of sight and  earshot. 

When they switch after the (that) first dance Blake again shows that body posture, but you would have to stretch Cinders rubberarm a very long way to see it as directed to Yang,

So running my possibilities for Bumblebee.

(1) A conspiracy thriller/murder mystery setup for a romance storyline. Then nothing is what it seems at first glance. The guy with the bloadsoaked shirt, knife in hand found in a closed room with his fingerprints all over the place, with three witnesses attesting that he threatened the victim with death and who confessed - DID NOT DO IT.

(2) Nuclear option, when Blacksun is just before confirmantion Blake gets a personality crisis (would be her second, she already had a political one) and discovers that her real self is preferring women. Sun gets dropped due to incompatible sexual preference. But then Ilja might intercept bumblebee.

I would classify both as remote and bordering on scriptwriter cheating.

• Lothric1008

Lothric1008

#33741495 - 3 days ago

In reply to tin-foilhat 

this is a segment from a fan fic i wrote recently if you havent watched vol 5 yet then get your ass to youtube

They walk into the living room greeted by the smell of cooking pancakes. Blake and Yang are holding hands, Ren and Jauen are in the kitchen making pancakes Nora starring in a hypnotic state until her head darts rapidly and jumps forward slamming her hands on the table and screams in excitement "OH MY GOSH!!!!, are you two finally together-together?" Ren and Jaune look around in surprise. Blake's face tunes red and Yang’s face wore a nervous smile and gave an anxious chuckle as she dint no if she should be the one to say it...Blake looked up grabbed Yang’s hand once again and said through her blushed face "Yes, together-together" and looks at yang whose face tunes bright red before quickly regaining her composure and relief before saying "Yea together-together" and kissing Blake's cheek and everyone else smiles in as there was a lot of tension regarding there reconciliation, Ruby who is happy to see her big sister happy again simply smiles In relief but Nora is sitting with her eyes glistening in joy 

• Wits

Wits

#33741496 - 3 days ago

In reply to Lothric1008

First, I'm a firm bmbler, and english is not even my mother tongue, but...

- Begining with present of narration, then passing to preterit in the same unity of action is bad tense sequence
    - No drama, none seem to negatively react to the "reveal". Basic "out of the closet" scene of any soap opera has much more tension.

- Even if Nora's genky nature is well described, Yang's usual defiance seems totaly abscent .

- A kiss on the cheek... Ow schocking...

Sorry for my brutal honesty.