Forums > RWBY

Bumblebee Pairing: All The Reasons Why It Makes Sense

Posts (686)

• Irishtiger21

Irishtiger21 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33747795 - 3 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Yeah, I like the angst and the slow burn but I'm really looking forward to them figuring things out and taking the next step in their relationship.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33747801 - 3 months ago

In reply to Irishtiger21

I want to hear Nora say something when they finally make it official, only for "Ms. Together-together" to get called out on it.

• Irishtiger21

Irishtiger21 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33747811 - 3 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Oh, yes please! It's high time Nora and Ren just admit they love each other and are 'together-together'.

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33747812 - 3 months ago

In reply to Irishtiger21

Well they kinda did at the end of Vol 4,  it just took them a long time, and I can see Nora saying something like "it's about time" especially as occasionally she is "voice of the audience".

• Irishtiger21

#33747824 - 3 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Yeah, her and/or Weiss. I think she has an idea of how Blake and Yang feel about each other.

• MichaelHalpe

#33747828 - 3 months ago

In reply to Irishtiger21

Weiss isn't as prone to snark

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33748162 - 2 months ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

In reply to Irishtiger21

To the last two comments on the previous page (24),

Blake's animation, mostly expressions were really good in episode five when we saw her. They eased off of that it appears in the next two episodes so now I'm thinking episode five was more dedicated to Blake's/Blake & Yang's development with the amount of external detail there was for her. Her ears definitely give her away and it is rather cute.

We also got some casual moments in episode six where [light episode six spoilers] our RWBY crew was running out of the cellar/house and Yang grabbed Blake's hand as they were getting the heck outta there. It seemed that a lot of people in the comments missed it too!

[EDIT]: I totally forgot that Blake wen't to help Yang with her bag at the start of our season six too! Which was kind of sweet. Definitely shows how awkward everything is for all of them now, or at least then.

If anything I would say that Bumblebee has had a lot of attention in season six and I'm really happy/hyped. But who knows what is going to happen. I'm just hoping everyone stays alive! Sadly I didn't get the mighty jump scare with Blake in episode six when Blake almost got poked by the Apaphy because I saw everyone in episode seven accidentally. I would have been flippin s*** if I saw that happen and I hadn't spoiled it for myself!

Also to mention episode five was a rather heavy Bumblebee development moment. It also appeared we got a little White Rose development, then John was super happy in episode seven so everyones getting all the development!

Maybe, and I mean just maybe, we might see John's sister and her wife give some help / hints to Blake and Yang becoming Bumblebee. But with the amount of time spent on scenes, we might not actually see John's sister really contribute much beside just being there and giving our crew a place to stay. Depends on how long we stay in Argus.

I also mean "contribute" like Professor port did beside just being a teacher at Beacon. He talked to Weiss after she raged at Ruby for getting chosen as leader of team RWBY in volume one, episode ten, chapter six. So maybe Bumblebee might be advanced to the next stage but this is just hopeful theory.

Also, its good to be back!  ruby  weiss blake  yang |  jaune  nora  ren

• TheImmoralCookie

TheImmoralCookie FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33748163 - 2 months ago

In reply to Irishtiger21

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Yeah, her and/or Weiss. I think she has an idea of how Blake and Yang feel about each other.

Were we talking about Nora? I just kinda showed up.  nora!!!

• Wits

Wits FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33748164 - 2 months ago

In reply to TheImmoralCookie

It's Jaune, not John

• TheImmoralCookie

#33748165 - 2 months ago

In reply to Wits

Dang it! I knew this! *facepalm*

• Irishtiger21

#33748201 - 2 months ago

Also, I gotta point out Blake's smile, eye squint, and ear twitch while looking at Yang and Weiss gushing over the Cotta-Arcs son (my gosh that was one of the most beautiful and adorable combinations of expressions I've ever seen. Blake's ears kill me in the best way). And I don't care what the antis try to argue, the kid is sitting right in front of the side of the couch that Blake is standing behind, and Yang & Weiss move up right in front of the kid, so yes Blake was in fact looking at Yang when she made those expressions. Plus Blake turns her head to the left in order to talk to Saphron.

There's been so many little moments. And Mile's comments from RWBYRW yesterday just reinforces that they are VERY conscientious of everything they do and don't want to misrepresent anything or make mistakes that will disparage any group of people. If they weren't going to make BB canon, they would have come out and said so years ago. If all the pining looks, the hand holding, etc. wasn't meant to be taken as romantic (and they ARE aware that we are seeing it as romantic) they would have said that it's not meant to be taken as romantic. But they haven't said anything like that.

BumbleBY is coming.

• Irishtiger21

#33748202 - 2 months ago

Yes, we were talking about Nora  simple_smile

• MichaelHalpe

#33748307 - 2 months ago

We were talking about characters most likely to say something if/when bumblebee happens, and the resulting scene, before that we were talking about how Terra and Saphron may help give the two a little nudge...

• TheImmoralCookie

#33748783 - 2 months ago

In reply to Irishtiger21

Those last three words are gold nuggets to my ears!!! I also just went from 0 to 100 just reading your entire post so, YEAH! HYPE!

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Yeah, yeah, thats pretty much what I'm hoping for! And thats about all I can say too. There are way to many variables and possibilities to even think about let alone type. I'm just hoping someone will says SOMETHING! Because screen time is precious and we definitely don't have much with Terra and Saphron.

Over all I'm just hyper hyped for anything to happen really. If not, it is a wasted opportunity that I don't even think RT could miss if Irishtiger21's post is accurate. No offense to your post. I'm sure its accurate.

I'm just super excited RWBY is getting somewhat unpredictable. We have no idea what might happen next! It's all just what we hope for and theories we create with what little proof that we have. As of episode eight that is.

• TheImmoralCookie

#33748784 - 2 months ago

In reply to Irishtiger21

OMG! I had to re-watch it but holy crap her ear DOES twitch! *Melts* Blake's expresssions are are amazingly well done. I think she unintentionally gets some extra attention considering someone hast to animate them ears!

Also, I gotta point out Blake's smile, eye squint, and ear twitch while looking at Yang and Weiss gushing over the Cotta-Arcs son (my gosh that was one of the most beautiful and adorable combinations of expressions I've ever seen. Blake's ears kill me in the best way). And I don't care what the antis try to argue, the kid is sitting right in front of the side of the couch that Blake is standing behind, and Yang & Weiss move up right in front of the kid, so yes Blake was in fact looking at Yang when she made those expressions. Plus Blake turns her head to the left in order to talk to Saphron.

• Irishtiger21

#33748788 - 2 months ago

heart I'm glad I could give you some hope/hype! While I'm very confident in my assessment of what CRWBY is doing with Blake and Yang/BumbleBY, some of what I wrote in my post (that which wasn't stated by Miles on RWBYRW) is perception/opinion and conjecture and therefor I could end up being wrong. But given everything that's happened/happening, what's being portrayed in the show, things said by the VAs Arryn and Barbara, and things said by Miles, I'm very confident and at this point you cannot convince me that BumbleBY isn't going to be canon.

Oh, right?! Blake's ears are amazing and adorable! I love her/them. And yeah, I think Blake is getting a little extra love when it comes to animating her because you're right, her ears to have to be animated. She's so expressive this volume, with the ears and the looks and the little reaches/gestures! It kills me so good. I love it.

• JayAzhure

JayAzhure FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33751002 - 1 month ago

I cannot believe my original post has so many people commenting now. lol Thank you, everyone! You're all great. As I'm aware that there are non-Bumblebee shippers that occasionally drop by, I just want to share this with everyone to make sure we're ALL being respectful:

If you don't like a ship, then you're allowed to not like a ship. Everyone is entitled to their own preferences and it isn't wrong to not like something, whether it is real or imagined. 

But trying to to shove your opinion down someone else's throat? Vehement ignorance and bashing? You are not entitled to that. Basic human decency. You can disagree without being a huge jerk about it.

To go along with this, if you're going to try and support your argument/preference -- which you are allowed to do for the sake of discussion -- find something else other than a character's supposed sexuality to back up your point. Sexuality is not a good argument for anything. It is a very personal thing and is not for others to decide based on "what has been shown" -- because what about what hasn't been shown? Nobody can be the judge of that except for the person it involves, and by assuming that you, the viewer/observer, knows another person's sexuality better than anyone else will only cause dissension and unnecessary anger. It is begging for a fight, and nobody needs that kind of negativity in their life. 

So, whatever couple you ship, leave sexuality out of the equation. Find a stronger basis to support your opinion if it means so much to you. Everyone will be happier for it if your points are delivered respectfully and with a knowledgeable perspective. 

Thanks. Carry on with your Bumblebee love! ^-^

• TheImmoralCookie

#33751004 - 1 month ago

In reply to JayAzhure

You're welcome!!! ^.^

Also, your links didn't quite work? Lol

• JayAzhure

JayAzhure FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33751007 - 1 month ago

In reply to TheImmoralCookie I wrote it out. lol It's fixed.

• TheImmoralCookie

#33751237 - 1 month ago

Hopefully everything goes well. We still haft to make it through one last major fight.

If Chibi predicts anything, its that Yang is gonna get beat up by the big guy! And we might see some lazers...nudge, nudge.

• MichaelHalpe

#33751244 - 1 month ago

Well in the lyrics to Metal shoe there's "I'm alive like a puppet with a heart beat" and Penny's inspiration is Pinocchio

• EliseBlackwing

EliseBlackwing

#33751274 - 1 month ago

I’ll be posting this in the shipping thread as well. Figured you all would appreciate this.

>https://mobile.twitter.com/dndshiro/status/1086790407684612104

• erepin

erepin

#33751573 - 1 month ago

Look, I think that a lot of the evidence that people like to present for Bumblebee is pretty thin. Like the scene where Blake is supposedly watching Yang and Weiss go goo-goo over the baby. I've watched it numerous times, and seen absolutely nothing conclusive.

But there has been *some* better evidence of a very close bond, at least, between the two girls. Obviously, the ending of Volume 3 made this evidently clear, as do a number of scenes in Volume 6. In Volume 6, it's clear that Blake is primarily focused on Yang, and that Yang notices this.

But in Episode 10, I think the writers shift gears. In the scene where Blake gets off the bike, they have a brief conversation, and then Blake heads off. Blake's lingering look over the shoulder is pretty hard to misinterpret. I mean, if a girl looked at ME that way, I know what I would think. And admittedly Yang's expression is less overt, but she watches Blake with a satisfied look on her face for a noticeably extended duration.

(By comparison, I agree that the hand-holding that occurs later is much less conclusive. It really could be no more than a show of solidarity between two very close friends.)

Additionally, during the ride itself Blake's hand strays somewhat south of the border. Admittedly, this could just be an unintended consequence of the still slightly-awkward character animation program RT uses. Orrr, it might be intentional.

Regardless, I think RT have made a decision regarding Bumblebee. (Or they always knew what they intended, and have decided that this is the time to start upping the ante.)

• TheImmoralCookie

#33751600 - 1 month ago

I think Bumblebee has been official since day one as they probably had it on the list of "Things that will be." But yeah. Bumblebee is great. Also, have you seen the latest episode?

• WrightKnight

WrightKnight

#33751607 - 1 month ago

In reply to erepin

And that's the thing with Blake and Yang: it could go romantic, but there is ALWAYS the possibility that it stays as the closest of friends.

It's going to be interesting to see how the contributors of this topic thread, as well as the Blake/Yang shippers in general, take it if they choose to NOT make Blake/Yang a romantic pair.  Based on the Queerbaiting thread over a year ago, I don't see that ending well AT ALL.