Forums > RWBY

Bumblebee Pairing: All The Reasons Why It Makes Sense

Posts (719)

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33757906 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Irishtiger21

In reply to MichaelHalpe
    In reply to arveill

Also, on the RWBY Rewind after episode 12, Kerry Shawcross confirmed Adam is, in fact, dead.

I just realized something... Adam had the same cause of Death as the Meta.... two holes in the lungs, followed by drowning 

• Irishtiger21

Irishtiger21 FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33757941 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

From RvB? Oh, that is interesting. A nod/easter egg, probably?

• MichaelHalpe

MichaelHalpe FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33757945 - 2 weeks ago

In reply to Irishtiger21

In reply to MichaelHalpe

From RvB? Oh, that is interesting. A nod/easter egg, probably?

Maybe, but story wise, both Yang and Blake had to land the killing blows. and there aren't a lot of ways to do that that make sense in this setting and environment, so it could be coincidence.

• EmperorLuffy

EmperorLuffy

#33758168 - 1 week ago

A lot of these reasons are pretty weak as most of them could be swapped with any other member of Team RWBY. 

That being said, I don't think Bumblebee has actually become canon. That to my knowledge hasn't really been confirmed anywhere. I think it's more likely that the fandom is simply jumping to conclusions. 

• MichaelHalpe

#33758181 - 1 week ago

In reply to EmperorLuffy

A lot of these reasons are pretty weak as most of them could be swapped with any other member of Team RWBY. 

That being said, I don't think Bumblebee has actually become canon. That to my knowledge hasn't really been confirmed anywhere. I think it's more likely that the fandom is simply jumping to conclusions. 

How about the fact that when they had Adam cut Yang's arm they permanently tied their arcs together?

• EmperorLuffy

EmperorLuffy

#33758185 - 1 week ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

How about the fact that when they had Adam cut Yang's arm they permanently tied their arcs together?

Ok? That doesn't suggest the writers had any explicitly romantic intentions in doing do. If anything that could be viewed as an attempt to bolster their bond as partners/teammates by having them overcome the same threat. Maybe if they weren't teammates at all that might raise some eyebrows but thats not the case here. 

• MichaelHalpe

#33758189 - 1 week ago

In reply to EmperorLuffy

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Ok? That doesn't suggest the writers had any explicitly romantic intentions in doing do. If anything that could be viewed as an attempt to bolster their bond as partners/teammates by having them overcome the same threat. Maybe if they weren't teammates at all that might raise some eyebrows but thats not the case here. 

No but if you look at how they have been interacting especially post vol 3 it has been obvious, and even hinted in the Red Trailer... "Black the BEAST descends from shadows, Yellow BEAUTY burns gold."

• EmperorLuffy

EmperorLuffy

#33758191 - 1 week ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

post vol 3 it has been obvious, 

No it really hasn't. 

and even hinted in the Red Trailer... 

Again, not really. 

"Black the BEAST descends from shadows, Yellow BEAUTY burns gold."

Isn't the "Beast" supposed to be Adam? *sigh* look, I'm really in a mood to get into a long winded debate over this. Especially since we're discussing what is essentially headcanon at this point. 

• MichaelHalpe

#33758196 - 1 week ago

In reply to EmperorLuffy

No Adam is either the cursed rose or Gaston, note his vow to destroy those Blake (Bell) cares for and the fact that he fell when he died, as well as his obsession with her. 

Going at it the other way, with what makes Yang Goldilocks, is even more telling, first hint is in Vol 2 Burning the Candle, where she tells Blake how Summer died when she was young and Raven left after she was born, we don't see her "just right" here but then there's the pun at the end of the scene, "feel like coming out tomorrow, I'll save you a dance" 

We get more about this in volume 5 when she is telling Weiss why she feels the way she does about Blake leaving. She ends it with "what if I needed her here for me" now in case you think that is platonic in any way, rather than an admission of heart break, this episode bashes you in the head with it because it is also the episode back in Menagerie where La Fu gives up the game, err I mean Ilia admits she's gay, putting those scenes in the same episode is not an accident.  

Now then let's look at Yang through Vol 4-6 volume 4 & 5 she's upset that Blake's not there, vol 6 in the barn she gets annoyed with Blake getting too clingy and particularly with the "I'll protect you" thing, but at the end Blake gets it just right, with "we're protecting each other"

• EmperorLuffy

EmperorLuffy

#33758199 - 1 week ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

No Adam is either the cursed rose or Gaston, note his vow to destroy those Blake (Bell) cares for and the fact that he fell when he died, as well as his obsession with her. 

Ah, that makes more sense.

Going at it the other way, with what makes Yang Goldilocks,

That was never up for debate tbh. But the allusion itself doesn't hint at anything romantic. 

err I mean Ilia admits she's gay, putting those scenes in the same episode is not an accident.  

This seems like a reach. Simply having two scenes next to one another isn't indicative of some attempt at a parallel. 

Now then let's look at Yang through Vol 4-6 volume 4 & 5 she's upset that Blake's not there, vol 6 in the barn she gets annoyed with Blake getting too clingy and particularly with the "I'll protect you" thing, but at the end Blake gets it just right, with "we're protecting each other"

Again, whats romantic about that? Yang misses her partner and in the next Volume the two friends repair their friendship by deciding to protect one another. 

This just highlights how the show seems to be playing fast & loose with it's potential relationships. Leaving them vague and open to interpretation instead of writing an actual relationship between two people. It's really annoying. 

• MichaelHalpe

#33758202 - 1 week ago

In reply to EmperorLuffy

In reply to MichaelHalpe

Ah, that makes more sense.

Going at it the other way, with what makes Yang Goldilocks,

That was never up for debate tbh. But the allusion itself doesn't hint at anything romantic. 

err I mean Ilia admits she's gay, putting those scenes in the same episode is not an accident.  

This seems like a reach. Simply having two scenes next to one another isn't indicative of some attempt at a parallel. 

Again, whats romantic about that? Yang misses her partner and in the next Volume the two friends repair their friendship by deciding to protect one another. 

This just highlights how the show seems to be playing fast & loose with it's potential relationships. Leaving them vague and open to interpretation instead of writing an actual relationship between two people. It's really annoying. 

Having the two scenes together was very deliberate, remember at that point, the Blake arc and the everyone else arc were out of sync. 

it's build up to it, so really we are getting to the point of "where do you define it as canon" right now it looks like it is almost. If you take everything on its own sure, you have an argument, but if you take everything together in context of the greater story...

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33758226 - 1 week ago

In reply to EmperorLuffy

Dude. Buddy. You're in denial.

In reply to EmperorLuffy

In reply to MichaelHalpe Isn't the "Beast" supposed to be Adam? *sigh* look, I'm really in a mood to get into a long winded debate over this. Especially since we're discussing what is essentially headcanon at this point. 

Nope. And no long winded debate or headcanon necessary, just basic cinematography and blatant references:
    tumblr_inline_plmbpl0mD21qhbxg9_500.png
    tumblr_inline_pl8feq4oiI1rl453k_500.png
    tumblr_inline_pl8feucq3N1rl453k_500.png
    tumblr_plllpkGkky1sf2q9w_1280.jpg
    tumblr_plllpkTT921sf2q9w_1280.jpg
    tumblr_pllfa7b1A41s5jjj7o1_500.gif
    tumblr_pllfa7b1A41s5jjj7o2_640.gif
    tumblr_inline_pl9g1zWyP51wx641h_540.jpg
    tumblr_inline_pl9g38FXLk1wx641h_540.jpg
    tumblr_inline_pl9g3ugSYl1wx641h_540.jpg
    tumblr_inline_pl9g4qdMkW1wx641h_540.jpg

• EmperorLuffy

EmperorLuffy

#33758236 - 1 week ago

In reply to AenarTenthSkraeling

You can't "deny" something you don't actually believe. I'm simply not convinced they're in an actual relationship. 

Nope. And no long winded debate or headcanon necessary, just basic cinematography and blatant references:

We've already established that they're a Beauty & The Beast reference. Which is neat. But that in itself isn't proof that the characters are romantically involved. 

For all we know, a "reference" is all it's meant to be. 

• MichaelHalpe

#33758239 - 1 week ago

In reply to EmperorLuffy

You can't "deny" something you don't actually believe. I'm simply not convinced they're in an actual relationship. 

We've already established that they're a Beauty & The Beast reference. Which is neat. But that in itself isn't proof that the characters are romantically involved. 

For all we know, a "reference" is all it's meant to be. 

That would be poor writing to build up all that emotional turmoil, and even cut off Yang's arm just for a reference, if they weren't going to follow through with the romantic part. Not to mention they went through a lot of effort to create those parallels, including some major story arc elements 

• EmperorLuffy

EmperorLuffy

#33758245 - 1 week ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

That would be poor writing to build up all that emotional turmoil, and even cut off Yang's arm just for a reference,

Well it served as more than just a reference it was also a character arc for both of them. All I'm saying now is that nothing is definitive. As it stands now any so-called "evidence" can be interpreted in any way. Without confirmation none of it is really concrete proof of anything. 

I'll wait till the writers confirm it themselves since I'd rather not jump to any conclusions. 

• MichaelHalpe

#33758252 - 1 week ago

In reply to EmperorLuffy

It can be interpreted either way, but even only using music that has been in the show, you can tell the way they want you to interpret it.

All that Matters, is that it will probably be confirmed next volume, and then the most heated ship war in the FNDM will be Nevermore....

• AenarTenthSkraeling

AenarTenthSkraeling FIRST Member Star(s) Indication of membership status - One star is a FIRST member, two stars is Double Gold

#33758465 - 3 days ago

In reply to MichaelHalpe

"You can't "deny" something you don't actually believe. "

Dude. That's what denial is. 0_o

Like literally the definition of the word is refusing to believe that something is real:

The definition of in denial is a refusal or unwillingness to accept something or to accept reality. An example of someone who is in denial is a wife who cannot cope with and won't admit that her husband has left her.

• EmperorLuffy

EmperorLuffy

#33758606 - 1 day ago

The definition implies the unwillingness to accept a reality

But Bumblebee isn't a reality. It hasn't been confirmed. 

• MichaelHalpe

#33758611 - 1 day ago

In reply to EmperorLuffy

The definition implies the unwillingness to accept a reality

But Bumblebee isn't a reality. It hasn't been confirmed. 

That doesn't mean interactions weren't intended to be seen explicitly as romantic